The Lost Prince, The Founded...

By Lunar_Arrowgirl

This will be an alternate version of the original Lost Prince, Founded Hero after the chapter "Coming Back an... More

Chapter 22: Trapped Again
Chapter 23: School Is Not The Worst Torture
Chapter 24: The Shining Moon In The Night
Chapter 25: Remembering An Old Sun
Chapter 27: The Prince Who Became An Interrogator
Chapter 28: It's Time To Study And...Uh Oh
Chapter 29: The Seven Children
Chapter 30: How Far Have I Fallen?
Chapter 31: I Thought We Were Fighting Robots!!
Chapter 32: A Broken Prince's Trust
Chapter 33: Is This What It Feels Like To Have Friends?
Chapter 34: How I Found Happiness

Chapter 26: A Future That's Already Gone

621 34 16
By Lunar_Arrowgirl

The bell has rung and class was over.

"Okay, that's it for class." The old man announced to us. "There's only one week until the final exams. You're all studying properly, right?" He asks as he narrowed his eyes at the class.

He started to walk towards the door. "I'm sure you already know, but it won't just be a written exam. There's also a practical component. "Make sure you train your minds and bodies at the same time. That's all." And with that, he was gone.

It was quiet for a second until...

"I haven't studied at all!!" Kaminari and Mina both shouted out, but their expressions were very different.

Mina-chan had her 'without a care in the world' look, while Kaminari was visibly freaking out.

Kaminari Denki - Midterm: 21st place out of 21 students.

Ashido Mina - Midterm : 20th/21

Kaminari started to hold his head and look down with a panicked look. "With the sports festival and internship, I didn't study at all!"

I thought about what he said. I guess that's true, but if he had actually been paying attention in class, it shouldn't be that big of a problem, but it's not like I could say anything since I'm at first place.

Tokoyami sweat dropped. "It's true that we had one event after another, but..."

Tokoyami Fumikage - Midterm: 15th/21

"For the midterms, we'd just started school, so they didn't cover much, so I didn't really have a hard time with them, but with the back to back events and stuff, the finals will be difficult." Rikido stated nervously to Koda, who was also quite tense.

Sato Rikido - Midterm: 13th/21

Koda Koji - Midterm: 12th/21

Mineta had a conceited look on his face with sparkles all around him. "It'll be tough since there's a practical exam, too." He announced smugly.

Mineta Minoru - Midterm: 10th/21

I wasn't surprised by his score. Even though he's a disgusting, pathetic pervert, he's actually quite smart, but those brains of his are wasted on a guy like him.

"T-tenth in the midterm?!" Mina and Kaminari yelled out this knowledge in shock, while looking at Mineta.

Mina started to point an accusing finger at the pervert. "And here I thought you were one of us!"

Kaminari looked like he wanted to strangle him. "Don't you know that weirdo little creeps like you are only likable if they're kind of stupid?! Who's going to like you now?!"

Mineta continued to sparkle. "Everyone. Trust me." He answered with the same smug tone.

I covered my mouth to keep the laughs from escaping.

"Ashido, Kaminari!" Izuku called out from behind them and the said two turned around to see who was addressing them.

"L-let's do our best!" Izuku cheered as he clenched his two fists. "We all want to go to the training camp together, right?" He smiled in encouragement.

Midoriya Izuku - Midterm: 5th/21

Iida raised a hand. "Yes! As class rep, I have high hopes that we'll make U.A. proud!"

Iida Tenya - Midterm: 3rd/21

Todoroki looked indifferent. "It's pretty hard to fail if you just pay attention in class." Way to be blunt, dude!

Todoroki Shoto - Midterm: 6th/21

Kaminari fell on his knees while clenching his shirt, right over his heart. "Be careful with your words!"

"You two, I might be able to be of assistance with the class lectures." Yaoyorozu offered them with a smile.

Yaoyorozu Momo - Midterm: 2nd/21

"Yao-momo!" Came the grateful shout from the two with the lowest grades in the class.

Yaoyorozu suddenly had a dark aura around her. "I can't help with the practical at all."

Izuku suddenly looked up with wide eyes. "Wait a minute... Yaoyorozu only got second?! Then who got first?"

The class seemed to register his words and suddenly looked around the class, trying to find out who placed first in the midterms.

I decided not to say anything, hoping no one will notice me until...

"It's you, isn't it?" Todoroki asked me and that got the whole class's attention on me.

"Thanks, Todoroki!" I shouted sarcastically.

Aizawa Daniel - Midterm: 1st/21

My classmates decided to voice out their surprises.

"Eh?! No way!"

"I knew he was smart, but I didn't think he was that smart!"

"Being both strong and smart is so manly!"

Sero suddenly walked up to me. "Can you help me with classical Japanese? Please?!" He asks me in a pleading tone.

Sero Hanata - Midterm: 18th/21

Mashirao started to walk in my direction. "I'd like some help, as well. There's a bunch of stuff I don't get."

Ojiro Mashirao - Midterm: 9th/21

I sighed, but nodded. "Fine. Just remember that I live with the old man, so he's probably going to be there, too. Come by tomorrow."

I can't exactly do it today because that would mean to cancel on Vlad, which is a big no-no. I'll just explain the situation and he should be proud of me, because people asking for my help meant that I was the smartest.

Jiro decided to ask Yaoyorozu for help. "I'm having some trouble with quadratic functions."

Jiro Kyoka - Midterm: 8th/21

Uraraka ran up to her, as well. "Me, too! Math has so many formulas, I can't remember them all!"

Uraraka Ochako - Midterm: 14th/21

Yaoyorozu looked so happy that she practically sparkled. "Yes, of course!" She then started to blab on all the things she's going to do to prepare for her study session, unintentionally missing the fact that having a great hall and drinking expensive tea regularly is not normal.

Izuku, Iida, and Todoroki suddenly turned towards me. "Can you help us, too, Danny?" Izuku asked with the other two nodding. I looked at them in surprise. Why would they need help?

"I know that we'll be fine for the finals, we just want to make sure that we have all the subjects learned correctly." Iida told me as he read my expression.

I smiled, a little happy that they asked me for help. "Sure. Why not? I'm always happy to help a friend."

Kirishima got Bakugou to help him, surprisingly.

Kirishima Eijiro - Midterm: 16th/21

Bakugou Katsuki - Midterm: 4th/21

Aoyama looked so relaxed. "Everyone's panicking right now, even though it won't do any good to cram this late in the game."

I sweat dropped. Like you have any room to talk.

Aoyama Yuga - Midterm: 19th/21

"Shouldn't you try cramming a little?" One of Shoji's arm said.

Shoji Mezo - Midterm: 11th/21

Aoyama turned towards him. "What are you taking about?" He asks with a dark face.

We're talking about your pathetic grades, moron!

It was time for lunch and I decided to eat by myself by the windows. Study session, huh?

I'm kinda glad I get to help others to get closer to the future that they want.

My future is already gone. My life has been cut short, thanks to Vlad. I had a chance at getting it back, but it was thrown out the window the moment Vlad found me. All I can do now is to keep throwing my life away to protect the ones I care about here.

I don't and can never have a future to talk about with friends.

I started to stare at the table where my friends are taking happily. That can never be me. I want to, but I just can't. There are too many things that are holding me back.

You would think that the #1 thing holding me back is Vlad, right? But you're wrong. It's my PTSD.

I dream almost everyday about my family's bodies, soaked in blood. I dream about Elaine, telling me it's my fault that she died. I dream about Vlad torturing me, both mentally and physically. I dream about the old man and all my classmates dead around my feet with Vlad right in the middle of their dead bodies, covered in blood.

And every once in a while, when someone surprises me, it takes all I have in me to not judo flip them and shatter their arm.

I...I can never escape from this...this...pain. I could keep and running all I want, but it will always catch up to me.

After lunch
We all learned from Izuku that the practical exam was the same as the entrance exams, which was basically destroying robots.

Kaminari and Mina we're so excited. They both have dangerous Quirks, so they're a bit hesitant to use it on actual people, but if it's just a bunch of metal scraps, they'll be just fine.

That's when Bakugou had to ruin the mood.

"Deku, I don't know if you've figure out how to use your Quirk or what, but you seriously keep running me the wrong way." He said, addressing Izuku.

"Oh, he must be talking about how Deku was moving like Bakugou during the rescue race." Uraraka thought out loud.

"Oh, that's right." Mina remembered and agreed.

"I don't need another half assed result like at the sports festival. At the upcoming finals, we'll get individual scores, so we'll see who's better, whether you like it or not. I'll beat you with an indisputable difference! I'll kill you!" Bakugou shouted in anger.

He then looked towards mine and Todoroki's direction. "Aizawa! Todoroki! You, too!"

We both nodded in determination. Bakugou stormed out of the classroom and slammed the door shut.

Kirishima, who was a bit on edge, rubbed his head. "It's been a while since I've seen Bakugou that intense."

Tokoyami had a serious look on his face as he crossed his arms. "Is it impatience or pure hatred?"

I looked at the door, feeling uncertain. Will Bakugou walk the path of light or the path of darkness?

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148 0 6
You are a new student in class 1A, moved in the middle of the semester. Every one is curious about you and your quirk, but you'd rather keep a low pr...
87.8K 3.1K 21
DISCONTINUED! HOWEVER, THERE IS A NEW VERSION CALLED TO TAKE MY HAND under my profile! Summary: An unfortunate switch of events for the heroes in tra...
91.6K 3.5K 40
π€πŸπ­πžπ« 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐫𝐞π₯𝐞𝐧𝐭π₯𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐒𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐑𝐒𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐟 π›πžπ’π§π  𝐚 𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐨 π›πšπ¬π‘πžπ 𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐲 οΏ½...
97.6K 3.7K 25
You had always dreamed of being a hero, just like everyone else, but when your quirk developed your realised just how impossible it was. While everyo...