Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
The First Gift to The Bride
Problems- Just a beginning
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

The (Mis)Understanding

2.1K 114 16
By Meenu_Panda

DEVASENA!

Devasena turned to the balcony of her suite and was a bit taken aback to see Amarendra hanging there with his eyes shining red even in that night light. Devasena did not know what to do! Because in front of her stood his brother, warlord of Maahishmati, Bhallaladeva himself smirking at her. He had the guts to smirk at her. One side stood her husband to be and other side.. well, a creep! Yes, that is what her brother in law is.. A CREEP! And so was his father.

But that was the least of concern for her now! Now her main concern should be her husband to be finding her at this time of night facing another man who happened to be in her suite! She stood in between them as Amarendra climbed in and strode to the center of the hall where his wife and his brother stood and looked at them through his narrowed eyes. He could see Devasena standing there like statue just looking at him while his brother stood with his plastic face.

Amarendra: Enti jerugutondi ikada?

What is happening here?

He asked. It was as soft as it sounded but had the impact of Roaring Lion. Devasena stood to her height and was about to explain when Bhalla raced her to it. Only to spoil everything.

Bhalla: Tamari Rani ki manchi maatalu cheptunna Maharaja!

I was just putting some good sense into your queen, My majesty!

Amarendra raised his brow at his brother. He could see his brother eyeing his wife and he could also see the slight upward movement of his mouth below his mush like a sardonic smirk. Amarendra cleared his throat to have their attention.

Bhalla: Aa anumanapu choopu enti? Ee Raatri velalo, me Maharani gadhilo nannu choosina tharuvata thamaraki inka maatalu tho chepala Maharaja?

What is it about that suspicious look? Even after seeing me in your Queen's suite at this time of night, do you expect me to spell it out?

Amarendra: Ante, na Rani anumadhi thone nuvu ikadiki vachanu antunava Bhalla?

So you say that you are here on her permission?

There was a sadness and rage lacing his voice that had Devasena worrying. Yes, she was a strong woman. But not strong enough to overcome the thought of the man she loves suspecting her. Yes, she loves him. She can admit it openly to anyone anywhere. But will she get the chance?

Bhalla: Idi thamare ooginchali Maharaja. Ayithe.. Aagya Maharaja!

Now you should think that for yourself, my lord. If that is it. Let me take your leave My lord!

he gave a mock bow and was about to move out of the suit when he heard Amarendra.

Amarendra: Aagandi Senathipati!

Stop there Senathipati!

This time, it was Amarendra who addressed him with formality. He usually called him by name. But this formality, creeped Bhalla.. A little.

Bhalla: Maharaja!

He turned and stood taking his stare. Amarendra stood to his full height as he walked to Bhalla and stood in front of him.

Amarendra: Thamaru cheppalsindi chepparu.Konni prashnaliki samadhanam kuda cheppi veltaru kani!

You said what you have to. Now answer some of my questions.

Bhalla: Aagya!

As you say!

Amarendra: Maharani Devasena Anumathi toh thana gadhilo ki vacharante, thana chethullo unde katthiki ardham ento cheptara?

If you are here on Maharani Devasena's permission, tell me the reason for the dagger in her hand.

Devasena was still afraid to take a breath. But Bhalla did not falter! He just smirked as he stood in front of his brother, the king!

Bhalla: Tanu oka Rani! Andulonu oka stri. Thana aatmarakshana kosam chetulo katthi undadam..

She is a queen, a woman. It must be for her self protection.

Amarendra: Ahan!

Bhalla: Thamari Rani gurinchi nenu chepala? Thanu epudu kathhi tho ne untundi ga? Thamariki thelinada?

Should I say about your Queen? She is always found with sword or dagger. You know very well right!

He asked with a mocking smile.

Amarendra sent an analyzing glance to his brother and then his wife.. to be.. who seemed to be holding her breath, but never spoke a word. She just stood there watching him with no other expression on her face.

Amarendra: Senathipathy Bhallaladeva! Inka chaalu abadalu! Dayacheyandi ikadanunchi.

Senathipati Bhallaladeva. I have had enough of your lies. Now you can leave.

That startled both of them there. Bhalla who thought his shallow attack will affect his brother and Devasena who thought her husband..to be, suspected her were wronged. Bhalla gave one glare to his brother and bowed, not respectful at all and strode to the door jerking his robes.

Amrendra: Maroka vishayam Bhalla! Naa Rani gadhilo ki nenu anumadhi lekunda pavesinchadam naa hakku(right). Thana ki nachaka pathe nenu maanesta! Kani Vere evaraina idi cheyadam jerigide..

One more thing. Me sneaking into my Queen's suite is my right. If she is against it, I can stop. But if it is anyone else..

He left the sentence hanging in threat. Bhalla went out with angry stride as Amarendra came to his queen who was shaken but showed none nevertheless. She was a wall of her will which never ceased to amaze him. HE took her hands in his and walked her to the seatee nearby and made her sit on it. He was about to move to a chair nearby when she held his hands and looked up at him. He smiled at her and her grip on his hands tightened.

The face that stood expressionless a few moments before was now looking at him with those eyes that clearly showed him the agony they held and her grip gave away what she went through. He sat next to her as she wanted but never voiced.

Devasena leaned in and placed her head on his shoulder and hand on his heart feeling his warmth beneath her cheek and his steady heartbeat beneath her fingers which assured her that whatever that passed on was reality and not a nightmare. Amaredra put his hand around her shoulder and snuggled her more tightly.

Amaredra: Rani garu emi anukunnaru? Evaru emi chepithe nenu nammestanu ana?

What did my queen think? I will take anyone's words against you?

She never gave an answer. Not through words at least. But her fingers fisted his robes on his chest. Which was a common gesture for them now. Amarendra understood her. She was a woman of strong will. But he was the only one who saw her insecurity as a WOMAN. At least she let him see. Only Him. He put his finger below her chin and raised her face for her eyes to meet his.

Amarendra: Aa andamaina kantlo aa kalavaram enti Devasena? Evaro ento ante.. Nenu ninni anumaanistana? Ninnu naaku teliada?

What is the worry in those beautiful eyes Devasena? Will I doubt you on someone's mere words? DOn't I know you?

Just one sob and Devasena was in his arms beating the hell outa him. She was punching his chest and he laughed happily. His feisty was is back!

Devasena: Mari aa maatalu entandi? Oka kshanamlo gunde aagi poyindi. Ila evaraina chestara?

Then what was all that about? For a second, my heart stopped. Who does like this?

She admonished him. Amarendra only laughed more and got punched more. Then he caught her wrists and pulled her on him. She winced as his beard grazed her forehead. His concern filled eyes looked into her naughty one's in question. She gestured to his beard making him smirk.

Amarendra: Naa gaddam(beard) ah?

Devasena: Gaddam ah? Motham adavi! Ela podustunnayi!

You call that beard. Its full forest. See its pricking!

She chided at his beard pricking. He chuckled giving a peck on her forehead where his beard grazed and settled her in his arms. She rested there happily. But both of them have to face the reality. Both took a long breath.

Amarendra: Emi jerigindi Devasena. Bhalla ee Ratri velalo, nee gadhilo?

What happened Devasena? What was he doing here at this time?

Devasena looked up at him. Her eyes held the same agony he tried to lighten. So he just cupped her cheeks and caressed them slowly. His eyes softened as he spoke.

Amarendra: Anumaanam kadu devasena! Ikada gadichindi ento nenu thelusokovali ga!

I am not asking because I doubt. But I should know what happened right?

He said like he was talking to a child. Devasena stood up and went a few steps away. She took a deep breath.

Devasena: Meeku Senathipati gurinchi enti anukunnaro gaani.. thanu meeru anukunnavaru matram kaadu. Ee roju ee gadhilo thanu naaku hecharinchadanike vacharu.

I don't know what you think of him. But he is not that for sure! He came tonight here to threaten me!

And then everything stumbled. About Bhalla asking her to consider him instead of Amarendra and then leaving angrily at her rejection and now coming to threaten her downfall.

Devasena: Bhallaladevuliki simhasanam ekkalani aasa Maharaja! Athani kantlo kanipinchina aa vairam! Samaanyam kaadu. Naa anumaanam seri ayithe, Thamariki eduruga thirugubaatu chestunnadi kuda Senathipati ye!

He has an eye on the throne. The obsession I saw in his eyes. Its not something to ignore. If I am right, he is the one behind the rebellion against you.

Amarendra digested everything. Well! Nothing new to him. He suspected this long back which got strong when his brother killed the Kaalakeya warlord from behind not giving him a chance. TOday hearing to his Devasena wording them, made his every nightmare take form! He stood beside her and took a long breath gauging everything that happened so far. He for once thought to take care of the woman who has been taking care of everything single handedly from very young age from what Naayak had to say about her. But when his brother can come like this to her room and threaten, he could see himself failing there. He felt Devasena's hands on his shoulder which made him open his eyes and looked at her. He eyes were reassuring him.

Devasena: Amarendra! Indulo me thappu ledu. Oka chettuki oka kaaya visham avadam, aa chettu thappa kaadu! Rajamata kuda alanti vaaru kaadu!

It is not your fault. If one fruit of tree became poisonous, its not tree's fault and I know better of Rajamata.

Damn who was this woman? She was enduring so much when he spoke with his brother without much of a cringe and now she was reassuring him who put her through such things? She did not even complain not blame anyone. He promised to himself to preserve this rare diamond of a wife he is fortunate to have.

Amarendra: Amma! Nenu thana koduku kaka poina, kodukiki minchina prematho nanu penchina na amma ki thana koduke ila visham kakkutunnadu ani ela cheppanu Devasena? Potee prakaram Kaalakeyulini champi gelinchindi thana kodukaina Prajala nyayam kosam, nannu Raju ga prakatinchina amma idi ela bharisstundi Devasena?

How should I say my mother about her son, when she brought me up with so much love! Even when it was her son who won the war killing the warlord, she announced me as the King just for doing right by the people. How is she going to digest this?

He poured everything out for once in front of this woman who was to be his wife. For once he wanted to be a man who can show his weaks to someone. Who can let his guard down without being pierced by arrows. And this was the only one woman in front of whom he could be that MAN. And he is not wrong there.

Devasena: Rajamata ki telinidi emi ledu Amarendra. Kani meeru em cheyali ani anukuntaru, cheyandi. Mee pakana nenunta. Adi edaiyna Sere!

There is nothing that can go without Rajamata's notice. But whatever you do, I will be there by your side. Whatever it is.

She said it with conviction that brought tears to his eyes. For one he had someone's undivided attention on him. Undivided love to cherish. Well, he can be selfish here, right?

He turned to her with his eyes thanking her while she went on her toes to peck his forehead, her fingers fisting his robes on chest while his hands went around her waist. Then she stood looking into his eyes for few moments. Then pushed him startling.

Amarendra: Devasena?

Devasena: Poddune pelli! Ila nilustunte, udayam ayipotundi!

Its marriage tomorrow! If you stand like this, the sun will rise!

His eyes twinkled. He pulled her to him tightening his hold on her waist.

Amarendra: Inkonni gantalo, Ide maata ni vere la anedatu chesta!

I will make you complain about the same in few hours!

Devasena giggled and just pushed him out wondering if she just giggled. This man is making her do things she never dreamt of doing in her life. After that she went to her bad chamber and slept peacefully thinking about her husband to be. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.4K 4.9K 31
This story basically a simple lovestory. It revloves around two character Swara Gadodia: ambitious, stubborn and a bit impulsive. Being a carin...
153K 6.9K 27
Dev and Mahi. Practically strangers to each other. Their mothers, not so much. They are the best friends. Both of their families are not less than a...
11.7K 852 15
Mission Behrupiya..... After the leap of 5 years... What if MPT hates Anuseena, as they think they are terrorist ?? What if in the place of Haseena...
38.6K 2.6K 19
#322 in Short Story 20/5/18 #258 on 22/5/18 #265 on 4/6/18 Vikram walked aimlessly.After missing out chance willingly to.Party with his friends.A da...