Someone Like You - Pokemon ♡S...

By _LisaNguyen_

[Will be edited eventually] I couldn't wait to go on a journey and become Champion of Johto. It would've been... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60 - Epilogue
Thank You
Sequel + Updates

Chapter 29

407 18 1
By _LisaNguyen_

Note: This story is taking place in both the HeartGold and SoulSilver universes which means both Legendaries will be encountered.

I do not know the true personalities of some characters like Kotone/Lyra, Ethan/Hibiki, etc. Their personalities will be predicted from the resources in the game, anime, and info source(s). Their Pokémon teams are decided by info sources and the experience of gameplay from my brother and myself.

Fonts that are darkened represents Author Notes and whose P.O.V it is. Italics are used on the main flashbacks or recaps of the past and any reading from engraved materials(wood, stone, pages, etc)

All Pokédex entries are a combination of the entries of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Source of Information: Bulbapedia

Number of Words: 1156

~~♛~~

Lyra~

The moment I woke up, I was startled to notice the presence of something on my lap.

In front of me was an unfamiliar Pokémon holding an apple in its claws. The Pokémon tilted its head and stared at me with suspicion and confusion. The frown on its face made me feel somewhat uncomfortable.

I grabbed my Pokédex that laid next to Togepi and checked it out. The Pokédex identified it as a "Sneasel" but before it could say any information, I felt the item being snatched from my hands. I looked over my shoulder and noticed Silver staring down at me while leaning on the same tree my back leaned on.

Glancing back at Sneasel, I noticed its expression softened as if it was happy to see Silver.

"He's giving you the apple," Silver muttered to me.

I turned back to Sneasel whose expression became neutral the moment I fully gazed at it. My hand reached out to grab the apple from its claws and brought it close to my face.

If Silver is reassuring me... then this should be fine, right?

Giving the apple one last glance, I closed my eyes and bit down. It tasted like a normal apple... I opened my eyes and noticed the bite mark that was carved on the apple.

It looked normal.

"Did you doubt the Sneasel?" Silver sighed.

"It's not that I was suspicious of it!" I exclaimed. "Is this your Sneasel, Silver?"

"Don't know," Silver replied nonchalantly, walking past me and behind Sneasel.

"This Sneasel was following us. I don't recall ever meeting it."

"But how is that possible...? It seemed like it felt comfortable with you," I muttered to myself.

The moment this Sneasel saw Silver, its eyes were jumping with happiness. There has to be some incident between the two. I glanced at Sneasel and saw a glimpse of guilt and sadness the moment Silver mentioned he didn't know Sneasel.

"I allowed it to join me, just to figure out how it relates to my past. My memories of the past is... fuzzy, as you know. It's probably filled with my weakness being shown," Silver responded rather bluntly.

I glanced at the Sneasel one more time before getting up on my two feet. Togepi had awoken from inside my bag, so I decided to continue carrying her while Silver and I began heading towards the Olivine Gym.

Sneasel hastily followed Silver, making sure to give him spare glances while averting its attention to the road ahead.

By the time we got to Olivine City, the police had already left. We later found out that the girl had returned to the Gym where she worked after a bit of interrogation from the police. Gossip spreads fast, it seems.

We made our way towards where the Gym was located and saw a trainer leave in a hassle. His face was filled with distress and loss, leading me to assume he lost against Jasmine.

"Do you think we still have a chance?" I questioned.

"That trainer was weak, all Gym leaders are strong. Only the strong can conquer each other," Silver replied with no remorse for the feelings of that boy from before.

"Are you always bipolar?"

"Depends on how you see it. I just want to focus on beating the Gym Leader, instead of playing babysitter."

Sneasel pumped its claw up in the air, in unison to Silver's declaration. I sighed, reminding myself that I got used to this attitude. When we entered the Gym, we were greeted with walls of steel. The atmosphere gives off a cold and shuddering feel.

Near the other side of the room, Jasmine stood with a Pokémon unfamiliar to me. I grabbed my Pokédex and checked it out.

"Steelix; the Iron Snake Pokémon. Its body has been compressed deep under the ground. It is said that if an Onix lives for 100 years, its composition becomes diamond-like as it evolves into a Steelix. As a result, it is even harder than a diamond."

"Welcome to the Oliv—it's you guys!" the sound of a familiar high-pitched voice greeted us from our right.

It was the green-haired girl that got interrogated, the one who supposedly works with Jasmine.

Jasmine heard the girl's words and tilted her head up. She smiled at the sight of us, while Steelix raised it's body and moved from behind her. The Steelix looked impressive, also really intimidating.

"Yes, welcome to the Olivine Gym. It's a pleasure to have you two here. Thank you for saving Amphy," Jasmine smiled.

"Of course. We're happy to help," I exclaimed, with Togepi's added cry.

"A cloaked man came to this Gym days ago and defeated me but never received his badge. He also told me that his final request for me to do is a tag battle against you two," Jasmine informed us.

I nodded. "The information is spreading to all Gym Leaders."

"If that's the case—" the girl rushed to Jasmine's side. "—then this battle shall you face two opponents."

I quickly grabbed my Pokéball from my bag while Silver remained still. As I was about to send Bayleef out, a glow welcomed me from my arms. Was Togepi evolving?

The figure escaped my arms and what I thought was Togepi began forming small wings on its back and floating in the air. I quickly grabbed my Pokédex and found out its name was Togetic.

"Togetic; the Happiness Pokémon. They say that it will appear before kindhearted, caring people and shower them with happiness. It grows dispirited if it's not with kind people. It can float in midair without moving its wings."

Sneasel rushed forward and prepared its claws for battle. This will be the first battle where Bayleef and Croconaw will not participate in a Gym battle. Steelix crawled to the battlefield afterward.

The girl tossed out a Pokéball and brought out an Onix that was suspiciously shiny.

"Ready Janina?" Jasmine questioned her partner.

The girl—Janina—nodded. "Ready!"

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 2.8K 33
A young man was badly injured after getting into a car incident and was immediately brought to the hospital; treated, but that wasn't enough. You - Y...
445 63 7
"I thought I had no 𝓻𝓮𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓼... Now I realize 𝓘 𝓭𝓸." This was it - you were entering Giovanni's office, prepared to the the evil organ...
1.1K 15 44
"Fear is just resisting ambition." 10 Years after a young trainer defeated the MissingNo Invasion, that trainer still held their Champion title. Gold...
9.4K 466 14
𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝓘 𝓼𝓪𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓳𝓾𝓶𝓹 𝓸𝓯𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓼𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓹𝓲𝓴𝓪𝓬𝓱𝓾, 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓮𝔀 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓰�...