The Lone Survivor

By thatspecialteen

"You sure he's here?" "Yeah, I'm sure. Can't you smell him? And haven't you heard about the young leopard shi... More

Chapter 1 - I am Fabian
Chapter 2 - Our Little Leopard
Chapter 3 - Liliana
Chapter 4 - Human
Chapter 5 - Lukah
Chapter 6 - Flashback
Chapter 7 - Alone
Chapter 8 - Taken
Chapter 9 - Experiment
Chapter 10 - Back In Captivity
Chapter 11 - Home
Chapter 12 - The Escape
Chapter 13 - New Family
Chapter 14 - The Truth
Chapter 15 - Letter
Chapter 16 - Coming To Terms
Chapter 17 - Gaining Forgiveness
Chapter 18 - Not Again
Chapter 19 - Lukah's Return
Chapter 20 - The HTL
Chapter 21 - Believe
Chapter 22 - The Lost Village
Chapter 23 - Apologies
Chapter 24 - The Search
Chapter 25 - Lost
Chapter 26
Chapter 27.5 - Guilt
Chapter 27.5 - Home
Chapter 28 - Zion's Recollection
Chapter 29 - Please Remember
Chapter 30 - Reality vs Forgery
Chapter 31 - Never Give Up
Chapter 32 - Zion's Book
Chapter 33 - Curiosity
Chapter 34 - There's a First Time for Everything
Chapter 35 - Hunger
Chapter 36 - Feed
Chapter 37 - What Happened?
Chapter 38 - Better Off Dead?
Chapter 39 - Apology Accepted, Trust Denied
Chapter 41 - We Created A Monster
Chapter 42 - The End Of It
Chapter 43 - All Night Long
Chapter 44 - Heat
Chapter 45 - Zion's Choice
Chapter 46 - Closure
Chapter 47 - Nothing Lasts Forever
Chapter 48 - Forever Family
Incredible Artwork

Chapter 40 - Trust No-One

15.8K 692 128
By thatspecialteen

Sorry this update is so late, I've been making my Jellal cosplay for my next convention and I completely forgot to write :3

Fabian's POV
Lukah, as promised, got me inside the lab without any issues. I can hardly believe that I'm here again, with one of my tormentors no less, but I'm doing this for the others. For all the children taken from families, and those born here. For the people whose screams kept me awake at night. For all the strangers, who are just friends I haven't met. For everyone taken advantage of by the researchers. For the people who can't protect themselves. Everyone.

Taking another deep breath to attempt to calm my nerves, I followed Lukah down the winding corridors, dressed in the white lab coat and long wig he'd provided. I had no doubt it'd work against the security cameras, but if we came across a real person? No, not a chance.

"We haven't got all day, Fabian! Hurry up!" Lukah hissed, glaring at me over his shoulder with those cold, emotionless eyes of his.

"Um... On the map you gave me, didn't it say the power room was back there?" I asked, jabbed a thumb over my shoulder. Lukah just shrugged, getting his phone out and texting someone, before putting it back into his pocket.

"I've been here all my life, Fabian. I know where to go and what I must do"

I followed him silently after that, my feet dragging on the floor. Something doesn't feel right. Something has felt off this whole time...

"Well, here we are" Lukah said, stopping so suddenly that I walked into the back of him. Rubbing my nose with a grimace, I glanced upwards to see the sign on the door that read 'Power Room - Authorised Personnel Only.

"Thank you. I don't know how to repay you for this..." I said, looking up at him. He stared back, not saying a word.

I reached out and grabbed the handle when a thought suddenly struck me, stopping me in my tracks. Lots of people work in this place, and we didn't pass a single one. That can't be right...

I let go of the handle and backed away from the door, but Lukah was now stood right behind me. Now I know my suspicions were justified.

"No! What have you done, you weren't helping me at all! You double crossed me!"

"Oh Fabian, what did I say? I told you not to trust me, yet you chose to anyway. Pitiful.
You're so naive"

Suddenly the door flew open, and something was quickly shoved over my head, making my world go dark. In that moment, I cursed myself for being so trusting. I always seek the best in people, and that always seems to backfire on me...

Deep down, I hoped Lukah could redeem himself, that he could change. But I was a fool.

"No! Let me go!" I yelled, thrashing around, kicking out at my attacker. I'm still so weak. I've always been so damn weak!

"You're one of our most valuable test subjects my boy, and yet you somehow keep slipping from our grasp. Isn't this becoming a pattern? You escape, yet you always seem to end up back here. And this time, you're going to become a permanent resident. You'll never feel the wind in your hair again, nor the sun on your skin"

I let out a loud snarl, bringing my knee up hard before I shifted into my leopard. Fudge, it still hurts so bad but at least it's getting easier and quicker, thanks to Chase and Zion's lessons... Remind me to thank them. After I decide to give them the benefit of the doubt and forgive them.

Before I could be grabbed again, I shook free of the lab coat that now lay in a pile around me and skirted around the fallen doctor, rushing into the power room and slamming my body against the door to shut it before shifting back.

If I can find the button to cut the power, I'll be as good as free! The others will help take down the doctors! And so my frantic search began.

I scanned the room, looking for a big red button but not seeing one anywhere. Emergency electrical shut off buttons are usually big and red, so they can easily be identified in emergencies... Ah! There it is!

As fast as I could manage, I turned the key, pulled it out and slammed the button. The room went dark, but I could see perfectly well. A leopard's eyes are build for nighttime hunting.

And this leopard has some prey to hunt down.
_______________

Y'all probs saw that coming with Lukah xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
4.7M 252K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
7.2M 416K 56
''You remind me of the ocean..'' ''Is it because I'm deep and mysterious?'' he asks. ''No, because you're salty and scare the shit out of people'' ©2...
226M 6.9M 92
Officially now a series! Watch it for free on MediaCorp's Youtube Channel- MediaCorp Drama. ...