Blue and Crimson (Valt x Shu)

By AzealDeltaKoala

After the District Tournament was concluded, Valt Aoi is training hard for the next upcoming tournament, the... More

Chapter 1 - Sudden Encounter
Chapter 2 - Great Day Of Having Fun
Chapter 4 - Hanging Out
Chapter 5 - To The Beach
Chapter 6 - The Training Camp
Chapter 7 - Battle Royale
Chapter 8 - Lunch & Battle
Chapter 9 - Stormy Weather Rescue
Chapter 10 - Something Special
Chapter 11 - Speech Practice
Chapter 12 - National Tournament

Chapter 3 - Training with Shu

1K 32 2
By AzealDeltaKoala

Heya guys! *whistle* Would you look at that? More readers? Is it my lucky to have that many people? Damn, I could've give you guys some free cookies but... *looks at my Followers* Oh yeah, hello to those who followed me. And don't worry, I'm writing some chapters for this ship, but damn I need some time to write this because I'm far behind on watching this TV show DX. Okay, thank you for your support and here's the third chapter for you guys. Enjoy~ 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Shu's P.O.V

What did I just do?

It was the only question I have on my mind right now. While I was throwing away the sticky napkins from the popsicle in the bin, I was focused on looking at my gloved hand. It was strange to me because I have never held Valt's hand and squeeze it gently before. Heck, I did the handshake and holding his hand when taking him to the bey stadium in the park. Sighing quietly, I turned my gaze back to see him talking with Rantaro.

I smiled softly at him. Since he started his beyclub, he always determined to have lots of friends and rivals so he can keeping battle and training with everyone forever. His passion for beyblading was the only one he desired the most, he'll keep battling for as long as he can. I watched him grinned widely before he and Rantaro rushed back to the gym. 

Shaking my head, I decided to get myself some ice-cream and then go and check on Valt. You know, I always look out for him, I mean... it's not like anything important, it's just that... I've always been there for Valt and he's always been there for me. That promise we made back then at the District Tournament... we promised that we battled each other in the finals.

Hardly to believe that Valt was no rookie, he wants to become stronger just like me. From the beginning, he and Valtryek were made for each other just like me and Spryzen. In order to get to know our style, we trained with our beys and created a bond between them. Taken back to the District tournament, Valt had been through a lot of tough battles; he defeat Rantaro, Ken, Daigo, Hoji and Wakiya. Since his victory, he grew more attached to his bey through each battle meaning that Valtryek should be awakened. But it's very important for him to do it on his own so that together, they'll able to beat their strongest opponent.

But, from the way I see it, it's just like me and Spryzen. Since my defeat with Lui in the past, I've created a new goal. A goal to train harder with Spryzen, learn new techniques and put them to the test, evaluating how my training goes. So far, I got Counter Break and Upper Launch but I need to do more than using these two, I need a technique that's powerful enough to defeat Lui's bey, Luinor.

After receiving my red popsicle from the counter, I went to sit down on a nearby bench to eat in peace. I like the view from where I was sitting, it was pleasant and calm with white clouds floating in the sky along with the cool breeze blowing gently. It took ten minutes to finish my popsicle and toss the stick in the bin before standing up to make my way to the gym.

'I wonder how's Valt doing?' I thought to myself.

I approached the double doors and opened it to step inside. Looking ahead, I saw Valt and Rantaro facing against each other in another Pokemon Trading Card Game. The grin on Valt's face tells me that he's about to win his game. Before I could go over there, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned my head to glanced behind me and saw Wakiya.

"So, deciding to check on your little friend, huh?" He asked.

"Why? Does it really concerns you with Rantaro?" I countered.

"W-What? Idiot, it's nothing like that!" He yelled, blushing a bit.

In my opinion, I notice that he and Rantaro are somehow close or was I mistaken to be with Daigo. I don't know, those two were close but I'm not sure about Rantaro. I think he's trying to be protective for Valt if Wakiya was going to rant on with him which he have to hold him back before things are getting worst.

"C'mon, what's bad about having friends?" I asked nicely.

"Only the friends I can easily beat like Valt." Wakiya snapped, pointing at the blue-haired boy who grinned widely as he shows a card to Rantaro, causing the Roktavor blader to smack his hand onto his face. I simply ignored him because I had my eyes on Valt, watching him placing some energy cards and then declared for an attack, ending the match when he drew his last Prized Card.

"Hahaha! I beat you Rantaro!" He claimed, grinning triumphantly.

"Yeah, you did buddy." Rantaro gave him a small smile while gathering up his cards before putting them into the orange box.

"So, now what?" Valt asked after he put his cards away, "Yu-Gi-Oh?"

"Nah, I'm going to do something else but in the meantime, why do you go and see Shu?"

"Oh yeah, you're right." He sat up from his chair and got out, "I need to see what's he going to do next."

"Well..." Rantaro scanned around the gym until his eyes spotted the two boys at the door, his eyes widened before whipping back to Valt with a speechless expression, "He's at the door..."

Valt's P.O.V

I looked ahead and my eyes widened when I saw Shu standing besides Wakiya at the door. Then, I felt a something burning on my cheeks for a minute like my blood was boiling at high temperature. Taking a deep breath and exhaled calmly, I managed to keep my cheeks cool from heating otherwise it will make me look embarrassed.

"H-Hey t-there, S-Shu." I waved my hand at him and felt surprised at my speaking. What happened to my speech? My tongue have twisted my words, making them toppled over each other making me stuttered and the way my heart was beating in my chest was something unexcepted. Was this a curse? A sickness? A feeling? Or...

"Valt?" 

I was so dazed out about my speaking that I didn't hear Shu was standing in front of me. Wait, how did he get here so quickly? I glanced up until my eyes were met with crimson-red ones. They look like ruby jewels or petals from a red rose. I can't tear my eyes away from them.

"Valt?" His voice broke through my thoughts with his hand placed onto my shoulder, shaking me back to reality. It triggered me so suddenly that I was withdrawn back from him like he was to attack me. Without thinking on what I was going to do, I quickly raised both of my hands in defense. 

"Hey Valt, what's wrong?" He asked.

"I-I-I.... uh- I was..." I stuttered, my eyes flicking around the gym as if they were flying off and avoiding eye contact with the crimson red eyes.

"Calm down Valt, just tell me what's wrong?" He reassured.

"I... I don't know..." I mumbled quietly, dropping my hands down to my sides. I felt silly about my actions, it makes me more embarrassed than ever and my face starts to heat up again from embarrassment.

"Would you wanna talk about something?" He offered.

"Yeah, let's go to the rooftops." I suggested, walking awkwardly away from him and started to head for the exit. God, I felt so ridiculous right now...

Shu's P.O.V

When Valt and I made it to the rooftops, we stood out across from each other so we're going to talk privately. I know that Valt was acting weird, especially when he tries to speak but came out with a stutter. Was he nervous about something? Did Rantaro say something to make him feel uncomfortable or was it a warning? I shook my head gently, averting my crimson eyes to the sky. No, I know Rantaro very well. He was Valt's supportive friend and he does encourage him a lot, more than Daigo and Wakiya can. He urged him to get his head in the game and knock out his opponent out of the stadium with his Valtryek. More importantly, he trains with Valt so he can make him better before the tournament starts.

"So, what's bothering you?" I asked, glancing my eyes back to the blue-haired boy.

"Well, Shu... sometimes, I get nervous when you are around me." Valt replied, fidgeting his fingers with his black gloves. "It's like... you are being there for me."

I chuckled lightly, it's quite cute to see him a little nervous around me. After all, he admires me as the awesome and coolest blader that always win battles, apart from my defeat with Lui which I never told him about because he'll question about my scar. Although, I was curious about the red mark on his face, was it from battle or just a tattoo?

"It's not that bad to be nervous around me Valt, sometimes you're always looking out for me because I was your best friend plus a really cool blader." I assured him.

Valt turned his head to face me with a surprised look. "Really?"

"Sure." I admitted, "I'll tell you what, how about you and me trained together?"

"Whoa, really?" He piped, his chocolate eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Why not? A bit of battling will take your mind off it." I took out Spryzen from my pocket and got out my launcher from my belt. Valt pressed a button on the red box which allows Valtryek to fly out and caught it in mid-air.

"Let's do this." He rushed over to the stadium on one side while I stood across from him on the other side. Kneeling down to my lauching positions, I held my launcher steady with the angle perfectly position for my lauch and my other hand was gripping at the loop. I took a glance at Valt, his feet were planted with his arms straight out holding his launcher that was tilted downward. He's going for a Rush Launch...

"Here we go..." I spoke, as Valt nodded.

"3... 2... 1... Let it - Rip!" We shouted, as we pulled the string at full power, causing our beys to launch towards the stadium. At the same time, our beys landed and began to spun wildly. Sprzyen was spinning around towards the center, as Valtryek came charging him with incredible speed. When the beys collided, a spark ignited between them. Valtryek rushed back and then charging back to Spryzen, performing the Rush Launch.

"That's it Valtryek, keep going." Valt encouraged.

"Spryzen, Upper Launch!" I commanded.

Spryzen took the chance to dodge Valtryek's Rush Launch and then clash him. The impact was  so strong, it sends Valtryek flying out from the stadium. With a loud clatter, Valtryek was landed next to Valt's feet.

"Oh man." Valt pouted, bending down to pick up his bey.

"Don't worry Valt, keep on trying." I urged, grabbing my bey from the stadium since it stopped spinning.

"Okay." He nodded, twisting his bey onto his launcher and then kneel down into his launching position. Mimicking him, I kneel down into my launching position, preparing to use my Counter Break.

"Here we go again. 3... 2... 1... Let it - Rip!"

(Timeskip)

As the sun sets, Valt was laying flat on his back from exhaustion while I was kneeling down with my hand press onto the ground to support myself up. After a lot of training, it appears that Valt was getting even better. I was proud of him that his bey was stronger and faster each time. No doubts about Valtryek, he was impressive with his power level almost equal to Spryzen's though he didn't survive long enough for a Survival Finish. I'm sure that Valt will figure that out soon.

"Hey Shu."

I heard my name been called so I rose my head to meet with Valt still laying on the gorund. "Yeah Valt?"

"Can you ask something? It's kinda awkward for me to say this." He asked.

"Sure, ask away." I said, lowered myself down I was sitting on my bottom so I wouldn't have to rest on my knees."

"Well, since it was going to the weekend tomorrow, would it okay if I hang out with you?"

I raised an eyebrow at that 'offer'. Hanging out with me? It's been a long time since I have him hang out in my apartment. There was one time when I was cooking myself some spaghetti. Believe me, I can cook at my young age since I normally watched some cooking shows and my parents lived far away. I know how to use the stove, using the correct utensils for each recipe and use different ingredients for each meal. I blinked myself back to reality to see Valt sitting up with his legs cross and hands on his lap.

"Uhhh... sure, but you need ask permission from your mom." Shu replied.

That's when Valt automatically sat up with a big smile, "Great! Then I'll see you tomorrow." He spring himself to his feet and rushed to the door, leaving Shu to watch him with a soft smile. It wouldn't be long until they hang out together like old times. He turned to the sky and sighed.

"Valt, you may be a great friend to me, but we are still going to stay as friends?" He asked quietly, as a hand makes its way to his chest and clutched his hand onto it. "It's too much for me to care about you so much. Just how long can we stay like this?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*listening to Best friend by Jason Chen* Hmm? Oh. *taking off the headphones* Well, surprise that Shu got something on his mind right now. Don't complain if this a cliffhanger because I ain't doing that until it was like dead serious. You remember Lui right? I'm seriously pissed at him because of what happened in the episode (I don't give spoilers). I just Valt can defeat him, cuz I believe in him! * playing All The Way by JackSepticEye*

Feel free to leave a VOTE and COMMENT for this chapter

Order and out guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 987 18
''All I want now, is you by my side.💖 You mean the world to me and I always and forever wanna stay by your side cause every moment spent with you be...
19K 471 10
WARNING: THIS IS CRINGE AND WAS MY FIRST STORY ON WATTPAD! BULLYING, AND SUICIDE!!! ( ON certain chapters) You and Shu we're the best of friends...
7.8K 256 8
Set after the end of season 2, in an alternate universe. --- Valt has won the tournament, but he still has a long way to go before he can bring Shu b...
585 54 2
Shu falls in love with Valt, a story told throughout different lifetimes. [Beyblade Burst | Shalt]