One Of Her Students.

By HolyCraicHoran

Everything changes when one day Louis decides to visit the school that his girlfriend, Eleanor, works at. Out... More

One Of Her Students.
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter TwentyOne
Chapter TwentyTwo
Chapter TwentyThree
Chapter TwentyFour
Epilogue

Chapter Five

19.7K 781 956
By HolyCraicHoran

~

It’s been about a week since Louis last saw Harry. He would be lying if he said that he wasn’t a bit scared that he hadn’t even gotten a single text message from the boy. He had called dozens of times, often leaving voice messages that consisted of, “please just tell me you’re okay.” or “…I’m scared you’re hurt.” After what he told Louis about what his mom does to him, he could only imagine the worst and it killed him.

He didn’t talk to Eleanor as much. Mostly because he felt like Eleanor would be the one to understand how much he wanted to help the younger boy. And because she was his teacher, so shouldn’t she want to help at least a little bit? Everyday he would ask her the same question when she walked in after class, “Was Harry there today?” and she would simply shake her head no. It took everything in him to not go to Harry’s house to check on him, but he knew that it would be too risky if his mum saw him. So he waited. And he hated it, he hated waiting for his phone to light up and for him to glance at it— just waiting for Harry to be lit up on his phone.

It was day 9 when that actually happened. Louis had been sleeping on the couch, where he usually slept ever since his whole ‘fight’ with Eleanor about Harry. They had a guestroom but he usually spent his day on the couch, so he would just fall asleep on the couch. It had been around 2:46AM and Louis was snuggling into the blanket that laid across his body. His eyes were closed but his mind was racing. Mostly about Harry.

It scared him how drawn he was to the boy. Not just because he was 18, but because he was Eleanor’s student. And because he was a boy. He was the first boy that had ever stuck into his mind before and it scared the hell out of him. The way that they stared at each other that time, and how pink and sweet his lips looked. The way that when you would catch his eye, you could basically stare straight into his soul. It was all so much for Louis. But he liked it. He actually loved the way that Harry made him feel so …excited and nervous. 

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a light buzz come from the coffee table next to him. He turned over and grabbed it, glancing at the screen. His vision was blurry with the tiredness he was was feeling, but he didn’t miss the name. Harry.

His heart raced because he knew what happened the last time that Harry had called at this time. His fingers shook as he answered the phone, “Hello?” He choked out.

There was a silence with just a heavy breathing, “..Hi.. L-Louis, could you please come pick me up….?” It was almost like the first time he called him asking Louis this exact question. Except Harry sounded like he was trying as hard as he could to not cry. 

"Where are you, Harry? I’m coming. Don’t move," Louis was already racing towards the door, not even putting on any shoes. He kept the phone pressed up to his ear.

"At the same park.." He breathed into the phone, "Please don’t hang up." He murmured quietly into the phone.

"I’m not going anywhere, promise. I’ll be there in about 10 minutes, maybe less." Louis said, driving. 

When he arrived, he didn’t see Harry right away. The phone on the other line was silent, like how it had been for the past few minutes. He knew Harry was still there, he could hear his soft breaths. He got out of his car and began to walk slowly through the park. He spotted a figure sitting on the bench. Their knees were pulled up and their face was hidden in them. Their arms were wrapped around their knees to keep them in place. They were holding a phone that was pressed up against their ear.

"Harry, I think I see you." Louis breathed, walking towards the figure on the bench.  The figure’s head snapped up and looked directly in Louis’ direction and he knew it was Harry. He pulled the phone away from his ear and hung up, putting in his pocket. He walked quickly towards him as Harry got up off the bench. He limped towards Louis in return.

When they reach each other, Harry just falls into Louis. Tears poured out of Harry’s eyes. His legs give out, causing Louis to lose his grip on him for a second. Harry fell to his knees, leaning against Louis’ legs. Louis bent down to Harry’s level and wrapped his arms around the boy, pulling him into his chest. He tried to comfort him, whispering a quiet, “Everything’s okay, Harry.” or a "Shh.." A few more minutes pass and Harry’s sobs lower to soft whimpers, nuzzling closer to Louis. His face presses against Louis’ neck, his soft breath was against his ear. This caused Louis to have goosebumps and he knew that it was wrong for him to even think about how hot it was that Harry was breathing so heavily onto his face. Louis’ fingers trail along Harry’s shirt and he traces his bony spine that was sticking out in the position that they were in. By now, it was reaching almost 3:30 in the morning, they didn’t even realize how long they just sat there on the damp grass in the middle of the park with Louis just holding Harry until his sobs went quiet.

When they finally do, Louis helps Harry off the ground. He stands up first and holds his hand out for him to take. Harry looks up at Louis for the first time since they both got there, Louis sees how red and puffy his eyes are around his breathtaking eyes. He hesitates for a second and grabs Louis’ hand, standing up as Louis pulls him. Louis doesn’t let go of Harry’s hand— like Harry was expecting. Instead, he intertwines their fingers, as if he was saying that he wasn’t going anywhere and he was staying right here for him. Harry follows Louis with no questions, in fact he tightens the grip on their tangled fingers. He’s following Louis so closely, as if he’s scared something or someone will come up behind him and hurt either of them. Louis feels how tightly Harry is holding his hand, it causes his stomach to do all different kinds of excited flips and turns. He knew this was so wrong and so different, but he liked it. He really liked it and he wasn’t afraid to admit it to himself at all.

When Louis walked got to his car, still slowly guiding Harry, he walked over to the passenger seat and opens it for Harry. He turns and faces Harry, who glances at passenger seat. His eyes flicker back to Louis for another second, their eyes meeting. A moment passes of them just watching each other. Louis awkwardly clears his throat as he realizes how much time has passes. Harry immediately gets into the seat without saying anything. Louis closes the door after Harry gets settled into the seat and Louis walks back over to his side of the car. He gets inside and immediately turns on the heater. 

"Cold?" He murmurs, turning to Harry. Harry gives him a small nod and watches Louis as he shifts in his seat, before starting to make his way back to his house. "What happened?" Louis asks quietly, glancing at Harry.

Harry stays silent for a moment, he could feel tears stinging in his eyes as his throat begins to close up. “Two years ago from t-today, my dad d-died.” He croaked. “My m-mum went absolutely psycho today.. I thought I w-would be able to handle it but ..I wasn’t. She took out a fucking g-gun at one point. I have no idea why the fuck she has a gun, Lou. That makes me so scared. I wanted to leave, but she would break down and cry and talk about how much she misses him.. then she would hug me and apologize but she would get to the point where she was blaming me all over again and make me feel like useless shit.” He coughed, holding his stomach. “Oh and I think my rib is broken.” He muttered almost silently. 

"Should I take you to the hospital?" Louis asked after a few minutes passed of silence, only the sound of their breathing and the heater running on high. He glanced at Harry who was shaking his head no.

"No, I fucking hate hospitals so much.." Harry’s lips began to wobble, causing him to bite down on them. He clenched his fist hard enough until they were basically white.

Louis reached out and took his balled up fist into his hand, immediately causing Harry to relax. His fingers melted out of the ball and fell into Louis’ hand, tangling their fingers once again. It felt natural honestly and it scared Harry. 

"I didn’t know who else to call. I’m s-sorry.." Harry said, trying way too hard not to cry or to make himself look like he was crying. It wasn’t working obviously. 

Louis stopped at a stoplight before turning in Harry’s direction, “Don’t apologize. I want to help you. Please stop pushing me away and don’t leave Harry. Please don’t leave. You scared me so much last week, I couldn’t stop thinking about everything that could have happened to you. And you wouldn’t return any of my calls.. It killed me. It’s just weird.. I shouldn’t be so scared for my girlfriend’s students. One of her fucking students.” Louis said, rambling on and on. He glanced at the stoplight, which was still telling him to stop.

Harry moved his thumb across Louis’ hand slowly. It caught Louis off guard as he watched the movement and he looked up, meeting Harry’s eyes. “I haven’t had someone who ..want’s to be there for me in such a long time..” Harry said softly, his eyes glistened of the wetness. He was sure he would run out of tears soon, he hadn’t cried so hard in a long time. Louis felt the urge to just kiss him right then and there. To let him let out all his emotions that were built up, but the stoplight changed and it caused Louis to drive.

~

"Does your rib hurt still?" Louis asked, bringing Harry inside the house. He turned around and watched Harry as he glanced around the familiar apartment. It was weird to think that Harry was here just a little over a week ago. It felt much longer than that, especially since how much Harry’s been telling him lately.

"Yes. But I’m sure it’ll be fine by tomorrow.." Harry muttered quietly. He glanced at the couch, where he had slept in the past, and looked back up at Louis.

"I’m going to go get you clothes to change into. Eleanor and I aren’t really getting along so.. I’ll sleep on the couch tonight and you can sleep in the guest room if you would like. Yeah?" Louis asked, raising his eyebrows and waiting for a response from Harry.

Harry nodded and watched Louis disappear. He couldn’t help but think that the reason that he and Eleanor weren’t getting along was because of him. He knew that Eleanor wasn’t too fond of him lately and he didn’t blame her. He felt horrible, like he was intruding on them both. But in all honestly, Louis was basically the only person he had right now. He walked slowly into their guestroom and walked towards the bed. He laid down on top of it, he could smell Louis’ faint scent on it. He felt a bit weird by the fact that he knew what Louis smelled like but he dropped the thought and closed his eyes. His very quick nap was interrupted when Louis tapped lightly on the door, “Can I come in, Harry?” 

"Yes." He croaked out, his voice was hoarse, causing his cheeks to turn a shade of pink. Louis walked in, holding a sweater and a pair of sweats. He handed them to Harry and gave him a small smile. Harry took off his shirt slowly. Louis felt a bit awkward because he wasn’t sure if he should leave or not to give Harry some privacy. He begins to walk to the door, turning around to find Harry with no shirt. All he could see were bruises. 

"Oh my god, Harry.." Louis said, walking back to Harry. His fingers traced some tender looking yellow-purple bruises. Harry flinched a bit at Louis’ cold fingers but he relaxed immediately at the touch, closing his eyes. He chewed on his lip as Louis continued to stroke the bruising, his stomach flipping at the kind gesture. It was like he was so used to when he would have any physical contact it wasn’t the good kind. Always the negative. When Louis stopped, Harry opened his eyes to find Louis tugging the shirt out of his hands. He let it fall into Louis’ grip. He slowly put it over his head, dressing him like he was five again. Louis gave him a small smile and walked towards the door again. "Goodnight Harry." He said softly.

"W-wait..! ..Louis.?" Harry said right as Louis had begun his small journey to the door. He didn’t even manage to open it yet. A soft pink took over his emotionless face as Louis turned around to meet his eyes. 

"Yes?"

"C-Can you ..stay in here- with me tonight?" Harry asked, frowning. He chewed some more of his lip, feeling helpless. 

Louis knew it wasn’t a good idea. He knew that Eleanor wouldn’t like it when she woke up. She wouldn’t like finding Harry here again.. Especially if Louis was sharing a bed with him. But maybe she wouldn’t even check on him in the morning. He realized she would be waking up in about 3 hours anyway, so they just had to try to keep Harry a secret until she was gone. Louis realized that he didn’t answer Harry, he just stood there awkwardly thinking about all the outcomes of what could happen. Harry kept his eyes on Louis, feeling a bit rejected at the thought that Louis had to think about it. 

"Y-Yes, Of course I will." Louis said, reassuring him. 

"You don’t have to if you don’t want to.." Harry said, breaking the eye contact between them.

"I will, don’t worry." Louis smiled. Since he was already in his sleeping clothes, he got into bed without another word and watched Harry. Harry slowly removed his pants, leaving himself in his boxers. Louis tried hard to not just take a look, he knew Harry would see. He chanted to himself, "don’t you fucking dare, Louis." over and over again in his head. But his eyes disobeyed him and he watched. His legs were pale, like his torso, but they weren’t an unattractive pale. His skin tone actually fit him quite nicely. He watched as Harry shuffled into the sweatpants before picking up the jeans that laid on the floor now. He folded them and laid them on the dresser before he walked over to the bed where Louis laid. He snuggled underneath the blanket, turning to face Louis who was already facing him. Harry looked so fragile to Louis. Like he was a little boy asking his mum if he could sleep in her bed in the middle of the night because he was scared that the monsters would get him. Louis gave Harry a warm smile before closing his eyes. He spoke with his eyes still closed, “You sure you don’t want to go to the hospital? Your bruises.. They look painful.”

"No. I hate hospitals."

"I don’t think I’ve met someone who particulary likes them—" 

Please." Harry sounded as if he was almost pleading Louis to not take him to the hospital. Louis opened his eyes and met Harry who was staring at him. Their eyes met and Louis opened his mouth to speak.

"If you don’t want to, I won’t force you Harry.." He whispered.

"It’ just …I’ve had bad experience with them, Lou." Harry whispered back. Somehow their conversation turned to whispers, almost like they didn’t want anyone else in the world to listen to the exchanges that were going on between the two of them. "I had to watch m-my dad die in one and I had to watch…" He trailed off, closing his eyes. "I had to watch Aiden die in one. I just hate being near one because all I can think of is that."

Louis reach out and brushed his thumb across Harry’s cheek slowly, causing Harry to open his eyes to show his green eyes. Harry bit down on lip as it started to wobble, “I know you probably think I’m helpless and pathetic but I hope you know that I’m so happy you’re ..helping me.. it means a lot. I’m just so used to people leaving me..” He whispered. He tried so hard, but he failed— a tear escaped his eye, he wiped it quickly, “I’m so fucking tired of crying today.” He let out a small chuckle before moving a little bit closer to Louis so that their legs brushed against each other. Louis could feel himself get a little hot at this action. Harry closed his eyes again. “Goodnight Lou. Thank you so much for today..” He whispered, leaving a speechless Louis laying next to him.

Louis watched the boy as his eyes closed. Everything that Harry told him in the past week and a half is something that probably takes a lot for him to tell people. He knew that now Harry had opened up to him, he knew that he couldn’t go anywhere. That Harry was going to be depending on him and hoping that he wasn’t going to go anywhere and Louis didn’t mind. He wanted to be there. Hell, he couldn’t picture not knowing Harry now. He knew what he was getting himself into by now. He didn’t care. He just wanted to be there for Harry. It was going to be complicated, but it was too late to turn away now.

"Goodnight Harry. I won’t leave you." Louis returned before giving him one last glance and slipping his hand into the young boy’s hand that was laying next to him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 283 35
harry and louis are in high school. harry hates louis. louis tries to get harry not to hate him. or your enemies to desperate lovers cliché that we...
1.2K 56 5
The sun warmed their skin, dried any and all remnants of Louis' tears, made Harry's curly hair glow. The sounds of the city below seemed to disappear...
552K 24.9K 15
Louis starts getting cute little messages from a secret admirer and gradually feels himself falling more and more in love with the boy. But can you r...
392 6 21
When the football team loses a friend, everyone feels it. But one team player feels it so much more than the others and embarks on his own journey to...