Memories of Azura

By CarnelianCrownedLady

When a simple popularity bulletin becomes a murder list, an ex Queen Bee becomes the heroin she never thought... More

Prologue
The Human
The Proposal
Sneaky Paparazzi's Discovery
Status Quo
Body Found
Interrogation
Undercover Under Cover
The murder List
Stabbed
The Infirmary
Crowned Heads
The Fortune Teller
His Siblings
Treasure in the Treasury
Waiting
Things I shouldn't have Done
The Blood Vampires' Arrival
Troy of Druada
Beneath the Mandrakes
Lies
Crown Princess of Rosso
Surprises, Secrets and Threats
Absence of Leverage
Safe (Bloody/ Gory Scenes- Not for Children)
The Run
Fragments
Confessions of a Serial Killer
My Sacrifice

Unaccountable Evidences & Unknown Living Proofs

277 15 10
By CarnelianCrownedLady

Chapter 28: Unaccountable Evidences & Unknown Living Proofs

I was happy that everything has already ended, but there was something inside me that’s telling me it hasn’t. Like a blank grade in a report card. Like missing puzzle piece. Like a ... forgotten memory.

Thursday, 7:00 AM

I stripped off my pajamas, letting it drop on the floor. I stepped out of it and looked at myself in the whole body mirror. My stitches were done clean, but stitches are stitches and however clean they’re done; they’d still be disgusting to me. I ran my fingers over it and appreciated how fast I could heal. It still hurts but it’s totally tolerable. The nurse this morning said not everyone could walk around after getting stabbed. I looked at it intently, slowly bringing my eyebrows in union as I noticed a pink healed gash just beneath my stitched up stab wound.

The other scar was smaller. And it looked like it has already healed months ago. I tried to remember when and where I got it from but I know I’ve never had cuts in there. I stepped closer towards the mirror, not taking my eyes off the little scar as my vision blurred and my brain palpitated like it was being hammered by a mallet… or something bigger.

Suddenly, a scene came before my eyes. It’s not a vision but surely not a memory. It was in forest. And I was running. I was crying. And my heart stopped at the thought of a male voice telling me to run. I opened my eyes and the pain went away with the weird foreboding… whatever that is.

I decided wash over the ill thoughts by staying five minutes more than usual in the shower. I dried myself and slipped on a comfortable sundress that mom has prepared. I went out of the bathroom, barefoot and feeling the cold seep in from the white tiles to my feet. I looked for my fluffy bunny slippers.

“If you’re looking for your fluffies, I had them thrown away. They had Clarkes blood splattered all over them.” Mom said. “I’m sorry; I know you hate walking barefoot.” She added.

“Nah, it’s okay. These tiles are a lot less cold than marble anyway.” I said as I walked across the room to open the curtains for the warm sunlight to get in.

“When were you walking barefoot on a marbled floor?” Mom asked suspiciously. My room is carpeted, as well as hers. Our house is tiled and our porch is wooden. The church is marbled; but I’ve never tried walking barefoot in it.

“I have no idea why I said that.” The warm light against my skin, was a feeling that's suddenly alien to me. I know I’ve always been out in the sun these days but I somehow recall the feeling of frosty winds, cold floors and chilly nights. I wonder if these are just psychological effects of the distress that I’ve been struggling from but I doubt it. This feeling seemed real.

Bryce stirs behind me, his stimuli activating from the bright sunlight. He covers his head with a pillow but it was no use, he’s already awake and unable to go back to sleep. He sits up and rubs his eyes. His messy honey colored hair was a mess just like his crumpled jacket and dry early morning skin. He decided to go home and freshen up as mom tossed him her car keys so he won’t be using his super cool motorcycle that mom says is dangerous. I was amazed at how close they actually were as mom is already lending him her car which she won’t even let me drive. Bryce took the keys and waved goodbye to both of us.

The next hour was spent with mom and I talking about her relationship with Officer slash Detective De Mente and I was just happy that she is. Later that morning, Pewee and his group of nerds came to bring me flowers. Raven and her boyfriend dropped by to visit as mom eyed me suspiciously for being too friendly with dangerous looking youths- that’s what she calls them. Mr. Pollok dropped by to bring me his very own homemade Paplova and it tasted absolutely unlike him; sweet. Tyler came to visit as well having seen the news on TV. Kathy also came running to check me out with the same reason as Tyler. Mrs. Novogorod also came with Martin but they didn’t stay long after her short chat with mom about mahjong being their new favorite sport.

Lunch came and I asked mom to buy me some Chinese takeout. She went and I was again left alone with a pile of get well stuff.

Moments after mom left, a knock on the door was heard. I raised my voice for the person to hear as I told him/her to come in. The door opened and it was a girl who seems to be my age. Her eyes were green, like a tabby cat’s. Her hair was golden brown and her cheeks smattered with freckles signifying youth. I was about to ask if she’s in the right room but she seemed to be sure that she was. She looked at me with relief and sadness written all over her face as she came nearer to my bed.

“Do we know each other?” I asked as I studied her face. No. Surely we haven’t. I don’t recall seeing such memorable face.

“Um, yeah but you seem not to remember so don’t stress it out. I just came to give you these.” She handed me a little box and a card.

“Thanks, but to whom do I awe my gratitude?” I asked as I opened the box. It was a ring. Not too flashy. Weird and old actually. It has a little blue stone in a platinum base with intricate filigree embossed all over it.

“Gold, you may call me Gold.” She said as I was absolutely sure I saw tears weld from her eyes before she bade good bye. She disappeared behind the door as I was left to stare at the card.

Dearest Lucy,

                 Get well and be safe.

It’s odd. It doesn’t even have a signature. I wonder who that Gold is but she seemed nice.

Get well cards, pies, cakes and flowers from many people whom I didn’t even know came unending like I was having a bridal shower without gifts. It was all fun, but there was still something missing. I was happy that everything has already ended, but there was something inside me that’s telling me it hasn’t. Like a blank grade in a report card. Like missing puzzle piece. Like a forgotten memory.

Friday, 9:00 AM

I was discharged from the hospital the next day as mom insisted that I’d stay home and get rest. I was just too happy to oblige. I slept and slept for the entire Friday, only waking up to eat dinner. As I slept, I had weird dreams of medieval people dancing in ball gowns. I also had dreams of waking up in the morning and being in a foreign room with the Dragomir kid. I have no idea that I actually am having horny dreams about him. I mean, we slept together once. And that was only because I thought he was Tyler. I’ve also spent more than a couple of days with him but that’s just for my undercover agent fantasies- which I had no idea why I even agreed with Bryce’s schemes. Maybe that time I was just protecting him from being interrogated.

With that thought, I suddenly remembered what I had on my camera that homecoming night. I quickly jumped out of bed and rummaged the drawer on my dresser where I kept my camera. I checked on my latest video but it wasn’t what I expected. It wasn’t the one with Dragomir, sucking Kendra’s soul. I checked every video but wasn’t there.

“Mom, have you been using my camera?” I yelled descending from the stairs as I slowed down before I reached the landing. I stopped, seeing that she has a guest and that it was Officer De Mente.

“No, why would I?” She answered me with a question. Officer De Mente greeted me a good evening as he raised a glass of wine to me. I greeted back, and decided not to interfere with their affairs.

I went back to check on the camera once again, thinking that I’ve just missed the video but all there was, were videos and pictures of Tyler and I. I mentally slapped myself for accidentally breaking up with Tyler. Somehow, as I scanned the camera for the fourth time, I doubted if I really saw what I think I saw from behind the event hall.

Did I really see it? I know I did but is it not just my wayward imagination that made it up? If I really did see it, I should’ve had it recorded at least, but it’s gone. It was the only evidence of Mr. Dragomir being the inhuman creature that I’ve believed he was. Without my only evidence, it would only be just as unaccountable as hearsay.

For the tenth time of checking the camera over and over again, I finally gave up. That’s it. Kendra was killed by hydrocyanic acid mixed in her champagne and Stacy Danes did it. Dragomir has nothing to do with all these. They were just making out, he didn’t take her soul. How did I even come up with an idea as absurd as him taking her soul? I really am becoming insane.

I shifted positions in bed, unable to sleep because of the thoughts bugging me; thoughts about Reece. I’ve been too close to him since homecoming. There’s no way he’s some soul-sucking monster, he’s just a boy. 

And that's all there is to Reece Daniel Dragomir.

Daniel? How on earth did I know his middle name?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134 0 16
Please note I wrote this when I was younger, my writing has improved a ton since here. Cops all around the world are attacking people and taking them...
68 0 19
A girl finds love buts goes through a lot of obstacles to make it work including her life. Xoxo fireangel dudley
5.7K 259 18
A girl. Isolated from the whole world. Living in an Island alone... Finally gets a Chance to meet the Whole world. But There is a Price for Everyt...
704 8 12
A young girl falls in love with her high school sweetheart, but he not be so sweet. As years go on he tends to change. The love of her life might be...