Issues

By W1LDCH1LD

Yeah, I've got issues. And one of them is how bad I need you... More

Prologue
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIV
XXV
II.I
II.II
II.III
II.IV
II.V
II.VI
II.VII
II.VIII
II.IX
II.X
III.I
III.II
III.III
III.IV
III.V
III.VI
III.VII
III.VIII
III.IX
III.X
III.XI
III.XII
III.XIII
III.XIV
III.XV
IV.I
IV.II
IV.III
IV.IV
IV.V
IV.VI
IV.VII
IV.VIII
Epilogue
Sequel!

XXVI

1.1K 56 37
By W1LDCH1LD

This is the deep and dying breath of this love that we've been working on

Setting: Trey's House, Rolling Hills, California

Trey was a man of routine, and since he had to faithfully jog around his gated community twice every morning at five, that gave Demi enough time to sneak over to his house, grab the things that she absolutely couldn't live without, then sneak back out without having to see him. After a shitty New Year's and an even shittier flight home, Demi was back in California but unlike when she was in New York, she was in no rush to confront Trey. She had no desire to talk to him, see him, or even text him. They needed space. He said that himself. So, she was going to take her things and give him the space that he so desperately needed to decide if this was right, if they could move forward, or if it was time to cut the cord and let each other go.

Kane was awake when Demi entered the house through the garage, and she took a moment to hug the affectionate dog to her chest before walking into the kitchen. Piles of mail sat on the counter so Demi decided to sort through it just to see if anything had come for her. Towards the bottom of the pile was a manila envelope addressed to "Mr. and Mrs. Tremaine Neverson." Outside of their families, no one knew that they were married. They still hadn't announced it and with the way things were going, they wouldn't be announcing it anytime soon. But since it technically did have her name on it, she decided to open it.

What she saw caused Demi's insides to completely flip as she felt bile rise in her throat. Inside of the envelope were three 3D ultra sound pictures and what looked like a lab test. Home schooled or not Demi could still read, and like some kind of cruel joke the results of the DNA test were circled, and written besides them was a note in swirly handwriting that read "happy new year." Demi had never felt so sick in her entire life.

This whole time, this entire time, she had been the one who was so adamant that Trey hadn't slept with Elysandra and he really had stayed faithful to her, that he hadn't pulled this shit again because of how it basically ruined their relationship the first time. But clearly this whole time, Elysandra and Trey had been playing her like the fucking fool that she clearly was because Elysandra was pregnant, and the 8x11 piece of paper laying in front of her confirmed that it was Trey's baby. Trey was going to be a father. And the baby wasn't hers, it wasn't theirs, it was his and some other woman that he had allowed to touch him in the same way that she did, to please him the same way she did, to connect with him the same way she did. And for what? Was it all worth it?

A mixture of rage and heartbreak were swirling inside of her and she didn't know what do. Curl into a ball and cry her broken heart out? Smash every single thing in this house that was breakable? Leave her ring sitting on the kitchen counter so that he knew that she was truly finished? She didn't know but what she did know was that all she could think about was throwing up because she was literally sick to her stomach over this. All of those times she defended him, all of those times he swore that he didn't sleep with her, the time she fought Elysandra...it was all for absolutely nothing.

"Demi, what are you doing here?"

She heard him before she saw him. But she felt him before she saw him too. And maybe it was a reflex or maybe it was the pit of rage boiling in her stomach but she whipped around and listened as her right fist connected with the side of his face, nearly sending him to the floor.

"Demi, what the fuck!" He screamed as he held his left cheek, but Demi shook her head as her tears started to fall and she finally looked at him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"YOU. YOU'RE WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!" She choked out as she grabbed the paper on the counter and shoved it at his chest. "YOU DID THIS. YOU LIED TO ME. YOU BETRAYED ME. HOW COULD YOU?"

It took Trey a second but he finally registered what was on the paper and that was when he started to shake his own head.

"Baby-"

"DON'T BABY ME!" She seethed, shoving him as hard as she possibly could and watching as he lost his balance and toppled to the floor. But she didn't even care. No amount of physical pain could equate to the way that she was feeling inside, the way that Trey had made her feel inside.

"Demi, stop putting your fucking hands on me!"

"And what are you gonna do about it, huh? What are you gonna do, hit me? Go ahead, I don't care!" Demi yelled back at him as he stood up and faced her, keeping his distance because she was clearly feeling a little too violent.

"If you would just let me explain-"

"EXPLAIN? EXPLAIN? You always have excuses for why you do the shit you do! You talk so much shit, your mouth is always fucking running, but your actions don't match up! You told me you didn't sleep with her, you looked me in my fucking eyes and lied to me and played me this whole time because I defended you! I trusted you! I believed you! And now this? This whole time I was the fucking idiot because I really thought that you could be faithful, that you could love me the same way that I love you but that's clearly another fucking lie because you have never and will never love me like I love you, right? I mean, how can you? You can't even keep your dick in your pants and now you have a baby!" Demi ranted, tugging at her roots as she paced the length of his living room.

Trey didn't know what to say to her except that this whole thing was a lie. He didn't lie about not sleeping with Elysandra because he didn't. Elysandra had come onto him a million times but every time he turned her down. But Demi wasn't listening and he didn't blame her because there was evidence – even though it was clearly falsified – that proved that Elysandra was right.

"Okay, okay! You're right! Is that what you want to hear? Because you're clearly not going to listen to what I have to say! You're not even going to hear my side of the story!"

"Your side of the story, you piece of shit!" She shoved him again, but this time he retaliated by slamming her into the wall that separated the kitchen from the living room. And even though it caused a white-hot streak of pain to shoot down her back that didn't stop her from shoving and hitting and punching at him until he grabbed her wrists to steady her.

"STOP, LET ME GO!" She screamed, but he wasn't budging.

"Stop putting your fucking hands on me, Demi, or we're really gonna have a fucking problem." By how deep his voice was and how dark his eyes were, Demi could tell that she was pushing her limits but she still shoved her shoulder against his and moved away from the wall.

"There's only one story and that story is you getting your fucking background dancer pregnant then lying to my face about it!"

"I didn't lie!"

"YES YOU DID. BECAUSE YOU'RE A LIAR, IT'S WHAT YOU DO. OUR ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP...EVERYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE AUGUST...IT'S BEEN A LIE. EVERYTHING. THAT STUPID GREEK VACATION, THE PROMISE RING, YOU SUPPORTING ME AFTER THE BREAK IN, THE TRIAL, YOUR BIRTHDAY, MY BIRTHDAY, THE FUCKING MARRIAGE...IT'S ALL A LIE AND IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU!"

Demi grabbed the picture frame that held her favorite picture of the two of them at their impromptu courthouse wedding and threw it against the glass patio doors. At this point she couldn't even properly see because her tears were basically blinding her, but every picture frame that she saw, she threw it and watched it shatter, even if it was in Trey's direction or a few inches off from missing his head.

"WOULD YOU FUCKING QUIT!"

"YOU KNOW WHAT? YES, I WILL. I QUIT. I QUIT THIS RELATIONSHIP, I QUIT THIS FRIENDSHIP, I QUIT THIS MARRIAGE. I QUIT YOU. I'm so done with this shit," she cried as she took the rings that he had given to her off and threw them at his face. "You can give those to Elysandra and I'll have Max come and get the rest of my things. I'm done."

He should've let her go. He should've let her chill off then reached out to her when she was rational. But he couldn't just let her walk away. Not after everything that they had been through. Not over this fake shit. But when he grabbed her wrist to tug her back he was met with the very same reaction as when he had first approached her at the counter: a punch directed at the same eye.

"DO NOT EVER FUCKING PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME EVER AGAIN!" She screamed, about to push him away again until someone grabbed her and held her back. There were red and blue lights flashing in the front of the house and Demi finally collapsed to the floor in a heap of tears as everything finally hit her.

JUST A FEW THINGS I WANT TO CLEAR UP. I'm not trying to romanticize domestic violence or the psycho girlfriend stereotype or any of that stuff! Like this shit is not okay at all! Also, this is the end of part one. I'm not going to make a separate book for part two either, so keep this in your libraries! Don't want to make any promises but part two should be up in like two weeks. I hope you guys have enjoyed this so far and thanks for reading it and all of your faithful commentary and helping me get my confidence back in terms of writing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.9K 2.1K 50
i gave my daughter up for adoption. i just need to get her back. what if she's as messed up as me? -demi lovato.
3K 68 17
I'm an outcast, I'm un-wanted, I'm un-popular, But Mariah, my mom replacement, thinks I'm a normal teenager, Justin somehow believes he can help me...
51.3K 590 22
Random but still this is my first time I'm sorry if its horrible.
46.3K 1K 32
Texting the wrong person...