Whose Eyes Were Red? [s.m][3]

By hoechlin72

A lot has changed in Beacon Hills. Scott McCall and his pack have just survived the Dread Doctors and Theo's... More

trilogy
epigraph
introduction
trailer
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
series epilogue
teen wolf: the movie
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8

chapter 9

6K 159 14
By hoechlin72

Stiles, what... what are you talking about? Just tell us where you are, and we'll, we'll come and..." Lydia spoke, trying to ignore the thought of losing the boy again.

"Right, just remember this. Canaan, okay? You have to find Canaan and Levi! Levi came across before Peter. Just find Canaan and Levi!" Stiles yelled, just as the radio seemingly lost the connection and turned back into radio static.

"Stiles! Stiles!" They yelled, trying to get the radio to turn back on.

//.//

There was a ringing noise in Levi's ears when she found herself able to open her eyes again. It was accompanied by a heavy vibration that her senses deemed wasn't coming from the room she was in.

That's if you could even call the place a room. It was more like a small sectioned area of a room with an almost plastic wrap as walls, and she could tell from the noise of the oxygen being seeped in above her head that it was sealed tight so no air could even get into the area.

She wasn't sure if this was a good thing or not. Sure, it might heal her burns faster - but didn't it also mean she wasn't going to have any visitors except from hospital staff? And surely she should have healed by now considering she was supposedly one of the most powerful alphas around?

Something - no, someone - had left a scent outside her room that she instantly knew. She couldn't quite think who it belonged to, her senses were still messed up from her harsh landing on to the gravel outside the McCall residence.

She focused, hoping her ears might pick up something she couldn't.

"It's spreading, isn't it?" A females voice asked from potentially the room across from the one she was in. She knew that voice, and the sheer sound of the breaths in between every syllable the woman spoke sent nothing but happiness through her.

Melissa McCall was a nurse. Levi had forgotten this fact when she had been confused about the hospital, but now she remembered. The woman who had treated her as if she was her own daughter was only seconds across the hall from her - but she couldn't even move. 

"You don't wanna know. Uh, how did a whip do this?" The woman continued, causing Levi's interest to spike - the ghost riders were still here.

"It was a Ghost Rider's whip," A gruff voice rasped out, causing Levi's heart to skip another beat. She knew that voice - that voice knew her too. Chris Argent was there, lying on the same sort of bed she was currently in just across the hall from her with her favourite woman too. And better, they knew properly about the existence of Ghost Riders now too.

"Well, the regular doctors think that they can surgically remove the dead flesh. You're scheduled for emergency surgery in an hour," Melissa continued, unaware that the burn victim she was supposed to go check on after Chris was Levi - her son's soulmate.

"Hey... Hey... Wait! Where are you going?" Levi could hear some rustling, and if Chris Argent was the man she thought him to be, she knew he was trying to escape the hospital room no matter how injured he really was.

"It's a supernatural toxin. If they try to cut it out, it will spread," Levi understood this more than Melissa did, it was something that Deucalion had taught her when she was under his pack. Although she felt hatred for the man, he had basically raised her - and although she wouldn't say it out loud, she was thankful for everything he had taught and drilled into her. 

"Tell me what you need," Melissa's tone changed, knowing that she was going to have to save Chris.

"I can't go in the operating room. I won't come out alive," Chris rasped, the urgency in his tone being something that Levi hated to hear from such a usually strong man. 

"Then we gotta get you out of here," Melissa told him, forgetting all about her scheduled check-up in the burn room across the hall.

//.//

"It's the Nine Herbs. They counteract nine supernatural venoms. If the herbs are combined in the wrong way, it increases the venom's power," Chris rasped out to Melissa as he tried to explain the only solution he knew to the wound on his chest.

"So if I screw up..." Melissa realised, her eyes narrowing as she ran a hand through her hair in fear and panic.

"You'll kill me." Chris bluntly replied, knowing the woman needed hard facts and not speculation - she was a nurse and that was what she did.

"Can you talk me through it?" She said after processing that he might die no matter what if she didn't get this right.

"Yeah, I can try." He said, his eyes beginning to drop slightly as he looked at the woman. The pain in his chest was becoming more unbearable every second.

"Well, we don't have a choice. You don't have much time. Okay, what are they?" Melissa muttered, rummaging around and grabbing a pen so she could make a note of what she was needing to find to save him.

"I only know the names in Celtic." Chris worried, but Melissa sighed, knowing there would be a challenge.

"Okay." She agreed, beginning to put the pen on the pad.

"First one is mugwort."

"I'm gonna need you to spell that. Mugwort Mugwort. That sounds so familiar. Hmm, of course. It's prescribed for anxiety. Most of these herbs are used in modern drugs. So, between raiding the hospital pharmacy, the homeopath downtown and the salad bar, I think I can find them all. Yeah. I'm gonna be back as soon as I can. You try to stay awake." She rambled to herself as she wrote down all the names Chris was saying to her. The celtic was luckily usually what they used for the names of the drugs, so it was all okay for her to understand.

"Mil..." Chris rasped, Melissa thinking that he was trying to say her name.

"I'm right here." She comforted, holding on to his hand as he began to sweat.

"Mil... You have to add... You have to add..." He mumbled, his eyes starting to close.

"What? What do I have to add?" She yelled, trying to keep him focused on her as she tried to save his life. Chris had saved her son's life so many times and here she was barely able to figure out how to save his.

Chris went silent, but Levi knew what he was talking about. He wasn't saying Mel like she thought he was, he was trying to say Mil. Using every last inch of strength she could find in herself, she reached to her chest and tugged at the one main wire that was monitoring her heartbeat - knowing that Melissa would not be able to ignore a patient who was supposedly flatlining.

She heard the woman almost yell in exasperation, but the nurse was quick to run into the room. She burst through the protective covering, and her eyes settled on the teenage girl sitting up in the hospital bed. The girl was so familiar, she couldn't figure out who-

"LEVI?" She yelled, all of her memories of the teenager suddenly rushing back into her head. She had forgotten one of the most important members of the pack, she had forgotten the girl she had basically looked after for the past three years.

A tear ran down her face as Levi fixed the cable back to her chest so no other nurses would burst in. Levi smiled warmly at the woman, reaching a hand out for her to grab on to.

"I'm so sorry, I am so-" Levi cut her off, knowing that Chris' life was on the line.

"Melissa, I can see you later, but you need to listen to me," She started, causing the woman to go silent. "Chris wasn't saying Mel, he was saying Mil! M - I - L!" Levi exclaimed, watching as the woman's eyes widened in realisation. 

Melissa nodded, running frantically out of the room with a quick thank you. Levi would be there when she got back, but Chris wouldn't if she didn't hurry up.

//.//

Hey guys! Sorry for the latest update ever, I just moved to University two weeks ago and its been crazy! Basically been trying to get settled in and learn my way around my lectures and seminars while juggling Freshers week, flatmates and work! Hopefully now I'm getting into the swing of things I'll be updating more quickly!

I've also just updated my Tyler Hoechlin story, and my Tyler Posey one will be updated after this! My Sara Lance story was also updated this morning so if you're into that, give it a shot!

Question of the chapter:

Which redemption arc have you enjoyed more; Theo trying to be a part of the pack in Season 6, or Isaac turning from Derek's follower to Scott's beta in Season 3?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 4.6K 28
"Baby I know places, we won't be found. And they'll be chasing their tails trying to track us down." [Season 3a&3b] Lone Book in the Bliss Finnstock...
15.7K 803 42
✧˖*°࿐𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 ━━ changes in the city, group of teens just want to survive the flash apply fic multiple ocs × multiple ocs MissSwan
419K 12.4K 49
Maia Arceneaux (Are-seh-noh) has always been the outcast. She's the enemy. She's the alpha. She took the idea of power to a whole new level. Challeng...
1.1M 45.5K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...