Mr. Mendes | shawn mendes

By sinfulmendess

When it was myself and thirty other students, he was Mr. Mendes. When it was just him and I, he was Shawn. More

zero.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
thirty-three.
thirty-four.
thirty-five.
thirty-seven.
thirty-eight.
thirty-nine.
forty.
forty-one.
forty-two.
forty-three.
forty-four.
forty-five.
forty-six.
forty-seven.
forty-eight.
forty-nine.
fifty.
fifty-one.
fifty-two.
fifty-three.
fifty-four.
epilogue.
author's note!
a/n!

thirty-six.

19.2K 469 444
By sinfulmendess

"Nothing but rain," I sighed, looking at Shawn's face through the screen of my phone.

"Like you never left Seattle?" He teased, rubbing his eyes.

"Like I never left." I echoed, laughing quietly. "Any news about Vivien?"

"John's arranged for someone to follow her around and see if there's any evidence that she might have the security tapes."

I nodded, rubbing my hand over my face as I sighed.

"Don't stress," Shawn frowned, and I could hear the concern in his voice.

I looked back at my phone, Shawn looking back at me through FaceTime before he spoke again.

"I miss you, princess."

I couldn't help but smile, a shy blush claiming my cheeks. "I miss you. I'll be home tomorrow."

Yesterday had gone by quickly; between landing here, checking into our hotel and nationals, plus a big team dinner, the day had felt never ending.

"I'll have someone go pick you up from the airport." He replied, a smile on his own lips.

A loud knock came from the hotel room's door, causing me to jump slightly.

"Jules, you better be up!" Liam's voice called through the wood. "Breakfast is in forty five minutes and we leave in an hour!"

"Shit," I whispered, glancing down to my pajamas. "I gotta go, okay? I love you!"

Quickly and in a rush, I hung up the video call before stripping as fast as I could. I stepped into the shower, rushing to wash my body and hair.

By the time I got out, I had thirty five minutes left, and I knew ten was needed to do my hair, plus another fifteen for my makeup.

I did both as quickly as I could, managing to make myself look both professional and casual, so I wasn't trying so hard.

It wasn't until I was putting on the finishing touches of my lipstick that I realized what I had told Shawn.

"I love you!"

"Fuck!" I cursed, my hand slipping away from my mouth, leaving a burgundy stripe of lipstick across my cheek.

I felt panic kicking in, cursing to myself for those three words I had said to him.

They were true, but I didn't want to tell him so soon, and especially not over FaceTime. I didn't want to freak him out, either. What if he didn't feel the same?

I quickly wiped away and fixed the makeup mishap, before changing into a burgundy dress and black heels. I grabbed my purse, and bag with my laptop and camera, before hurrying towards the elevator.

Checking the time on my phone, I relieved to see it had only taken me forty three minutes to get ready. I felt slightly panicky as I saw Shawn hadn't texted me.

Maybe he hadn't heard? Maybe I freaked him out? Maybe he doesn't even care?

A playful whistle came from across the room as I walked into the breakfast area, making me roll my eyes playfully as Max waved me over.

"Look at Ange!" He teased, winking at me. "Who knew there was a girl under there?"

"Shut it." I laughed, setting my bag down and heading towards the coffee bar.

Once I had grabbed my coffee and bagel, I sat down at the table and anxiously checked my phone again; not a message or call from Shawn. I put my phone on do not disturb, figuring it would be the best thing to do so I could focus on why I was here.

"They're ready for us!" Nate spoke, approaching our table.

"Let's go do this thing and take home that first place prize!" I hummed, completely set on nationals as grin on took place on my lips.

Stop worrying about Shawn. Focus on this.

[]

"First motherfucking," Liam paused, popping open the bottle of champagne, making us all cheer excitedly as it sprayed out. "Place, baby."

We were all in Liam's hotel room, which he shared with Max, celebrating the fact that we had won the competition that day. I hadn't checked my phone once, and when I had gone back to my own hotel room to change, I left it there. I wasn't ready to face Shawn.

Everyone gave small speeches as the night went on, and a lot of alcohol was assumed. How Max and Liam got their hands on all of it was beyond me.

Nate and Karina decided they'd go out and explore city, despite their drunken-ness, making us all tease them as they walked out the door holding hands.

"I'm surprised Annie wasn't here," I frowned, looking at Liam. "She's always seemed to be supportive."

Liam sighed and took a drink from his bottle, shaking his head. "We got into a fight."

"Over what?" I asked, slightly shocked; they seemed perfect.

"Liam over here," Max hummed, tapping his friend's shoulder. "Made a sexist comment."

"Liam!" I groaned. "It's 2017, dude! Educate yourself!"

"I'm a guy! We say stupid shit!"

"Not all of us." Max chimed in, grinning as he placed his phone and wallet into his pocket. "This smart guy is going out. I wanna see just how hot the LA girls are."

"That was a dumb thing to say." I hummed, sitting on the couch next to Liam. "You sound douchey."

"He is." Liam added, taking another drink.

"Fuck you both." Max rolled his eyes, making his way to the door.

"That's the only action you'd get tonight!" I yelled, making Liam laugh and high five me as Max flipped us off, before walking out of the room.

"Good one, Ange." He chucked, nodding as he handed me another beer.

"I'm good," I shook my head. "Early flight tomorrow."

"You get hangovers?" He asked, shaking his head. "Weak."

"Sorry we're not all six foot four and can hold our alcohol." I teased, rolling my eyes at him playfully.

"It's the good life." He added, gracefully chugging an entire beer before opening another.

I laughed, standing up and making my way to grab a water bottle instead. I sat back down, watching Liam click through his messages, clearly waiting for something from Annie.

It made me think of Shawn and how much I missed him. Did he miss me? What was he thinking?

"Why the long look?" Liam asked, cutting me from my thoughts.

"Boys suck." I smiled sadly, shaking my head.

"I thought you were dating Arizona?"

"That's Sasha." I corrected, laughing softly.

"Us guys? Not worth it." Liam sighed, taking another drink from his bottle.

"C'mon, Li. Annie will forgive you and all will be fix-"

I was cut off by warm lips against my own, making me blink and pull back quickly while pushing Liam back.

"Jules-"

"Please don't." I spoke, standing up quickly before grabbing my bag, then making my way to the door.

"Jules!"

I shook my head, sort of freaked out as I made my way out of the hotel room. The door shut loudly behind me while I rushed towards the elevators, my head spinning slightly.

I stepped inside the thankfully empty elevator, letting out a deep breath as I opened my wallet and grabbed my own room key. The doors opened to my floor, and I walked towards my room before stepping inside.

I stood in silence, leaning against the hardwood door while trying to pull my thoughts together.

My phone began to ring loudly, scaring me slightly before I shook my head, setting my wallet down and walking towards where I had left it charging.

Shawn's name flashed across the screen, making me frown as I let the phone ring before it stopped; only to start ringing again. I sighed, ignoring the call before putting my phone on silent and walking into the bathroom.

After a long, hot shower, I slipped into my favorite pajamas; Shawn's sweater and a comfortable pair of underwear. I checked my phone again, seeing a voicemail had been left. Swallowing thickly, I unlocked the screen and pressed play.

"Hey, it's me. Shawn. Which, you've got called ID, so you probably know that. Um, Cameron and John are onto something. John says Vivien took the money, and Cameron thinks she's hiding the security footage. Cameron suggested  I meet up with her and try to sneak around to find anything, so I guess I will."

He paused for a moment, making me swallow anxiously before he began again.

"I miss you. Are you mad at me? I've tried to text you all day. I called you, too. Did I do something wrong?"

He sounded so worried, which made my chest ache. How was I supposed to tell him I kissed someone else? Well, someone else kissed me. But how do I tell him?

"Let me know you're safe, okay? I'll see you tomorrow, I hope. I'll let you know how it goes with Vivien. Goodnight, Julianna."

I frowned, tears stinging my eyes as I thought about the last twenty four hours. Things had happened so fast, and I wanted nothing more than to be home with Shawn.

My phone rang again, an unknown number flashing this time. I sighed softly, swiping to answer before holding it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"I know your secret."

My heart rate sparked slightly, glancing down at the number again.

"What are you talking about?"

"Your secret. You and your boy. Shawn, hm? Mendes?"

"Who is this?" I asked, trying to calm my pounding heart.

Laughter came from the other line, making me furrow my brows as the voice spoke again.

"Did I scare you? It's John, Jules."

My heartbeat slowed, making me laugh nervously.

"I know you and Shawn are dating. Congratulations. Sorry about shitty Vivien."

He didn't mention anything about to fact that our relationship had to do with Shawn being my teacher, so I kept quiet.

"Don't scare me like that." I groaned. "I thought this was Vivien blackmailing me!"

"What would she have on you?"

"I'm sure she'd find something." I mumbled. "Is everything okay?"

"Shawn's at Vivien's; Cameron and I are having a stakeout outside where she's staying to make sure everything is okay."

"You're in Seattle?"

"The bitch took money from my company. Of course I'm here, miss sunny California."

I was glad John wasn't weird after what happened, and since I was dating Shawn.

"I'll be home tomorrow, yeah? I'm sure I'll see you before you leave." I hummed.

There was a loud knock on my door, followed by Liam's voice.

"Jules! Talk to me!"

"Fuck," I whispered. "Call me if anything happens, okay?"

"You good?" John asked, concern in his town.

"Annoying friend." I mumbled. "I'm good. Talk soon, okay?"

"Okay. Bye, Jules."

I hung up, staying silent in hopes of Liam going away. I figured he did after a few minutes, and I sighed before standing up to turn the lights off.

I crawled back into the soft sheets, missing Shawn's warmth and touch. Instead of falling asleep, I continued to toss and turn in bed, my mind full of thoughts.

What was he doing with Vivien? Would she kiss him? Would he kiss her? What if they slept together? He wouldn't, right? What if he realizes he still loves her?

I shook my head, clearing the questions and focusing on falling asleep.

I felt as if I had just closed my eyes, but when I heard my phone ringing, I glanced over to see it was already two am. I was confused as I slid to answer, picking the phone up to my ear and saying hello.

"Jules," John spoke. "Wake up."

"I'm awake," I mumbled, furrowing my brows. "What's up?"

"How soon can you come home? Before tomorrow?"

"Why?" I asked, swallowing thickly. "My flight is at noon."

"I'm booking you a flight for four. That's in two hours, okay?" He said, his tone quick.

"John, you're scaring me."

"I'll explain it to you when you get here, okay? Pack your stuff up and I'll get you a cab. Where are you staying?"

"The Roosevelt hotel." I shuffled, starting to throw my things into the suitcase. "What's going on?"

"Roosevelt, got it." He echoed, typing quickly as yelling went on behind him.

"John," I repeated, on edge at this point. "What's going on?"

"Julianna, listen to me. Don't freak out, okay? It'll be fine. Just don't panic."

"Just tell me what's going on!" I snapped, clutching my phone tightly.

"Shawn's on his way to the hospital and Vivien's in custody."

—————

they're whaaaat???

hi, lovelies! I wanna first start off with a huge thank you for 100k reads!!! I love you all so much!!!

secondly, sorry for the wait for the update. school is killing meeee. I hope you're all having a good school year, though!

please remember to vote, comment, and share this story! x

-n

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 100 22
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。. ! 𝙰𝚋𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚍 ! 𝚂𝚑𝚊𝚠𝚗 𝙼𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝙾𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚜 .。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.
1.3K 217 54
this is the story of Alexis Jackson 20 year old college student she has her bestfriends ariana and camila by her side but will she fall for her jerk...
2.5M 58.4K 36
"stop doing that!" "doing what?" "acting like you like being with me one second and acting like you hate me the next!" "i think you forget you're the...
1.9K 71 13
complete ||