Amarendra Devasena - The stor...

By Meenu_Panda

This story is all about Amarendra Devasena, their Romance and the way they take their life with all conspirac... More

Cast
Tholi Choopu
Sneaky King
The Engagement
Devasena The Queen Of Maahishmati
Problems- Just a beginning
The (Mis)Understanding
Amarendra Devasena Pelli
Shobanam- The Wedding Night
A Plan A Mystery
A Memorable Journey
Manohari's Mohana
A Sunrise With Beloved
Love In the Wild
Author's note
A fight and The Makeup
A spark
The Zaveri Nagar Mela
A New Emotion
A New Feeling
In the Dark Night Lit By the Moonlight
The Good News
A Bitter News
The Hamsa Naava
Return to Maahishmati
A Serious Confrontation
A Reunion Unexpected
A Birthday to Remember
A Lullaby
A Sneaky Plan That Failed Miserably
Plight of Parents
Brotherhood
A Friend In Need..!
The New Bonds
The First Sign- A Relaization
Dandaalayya- Maa Tho Ne Nuvvu Undaalayya
Kanna Nidurinchara
Amarenda Devasena Varasudu
A Mother's Love
The First Flower of the Season
An Early Anniversary Celebration with Unexpected Gift..!
The Yagnam..!
The Fallen Warrior
Nirnayam Lo Chanchalam- A Teaser
Rise of the Fallen
Haunting of the Forgotten
Author's note+Suprise
The War Begins!
Enter the Fortress
The King Returns
The Fall of The Evil
Doubts and Determination
The King and Queen
The Mahamantri
The Verdict!
Another Revelation
A Story to tell
The Return of Festivities
Plans!

The First Gift to The Bride

2.5K 112 16
By Meenu_Panda

True to his words, Devasena, Maharani Devasena had little of sleep and more of him in her dreams. When did she become such a dreamy head? Urhh!

Sulochana: Maharani Devasena!

The voice startled a still sleepy Devasena! Damn Damn! Double Damn! She was a woman who was alert even in her sleep and now she did not even know that her maid was calling her so loud to get a response from her! What has HE done to her? And that Maharani Devasena did she address her? Everytime she is being addressed that way, why was she hearing a very husky voice with a smile in it?

Sulochana: MAHARANI DEVASENA!

Devasena: YES!

What is happening to her? Either Parmeshwar or THAT MAN could only answer this question.

She heard Sulochana open bedroom door of the suite and enter. Devasena came out of the canopy of the bed and stood scowling at her maid who stood taking her glare.

Devasena: What is it Sulochana? Why are you so keen on spoiling my little sleep that I could spare?

Sulochana was taken aback? Why was her Rani so in bad mood? Did she wake up in wrong side of the bed? Her Rani was very calm and composed woman. Yes, she did have an impulsive streak, but that is common for her age woman. But this..? May be like everyone she is having pre wedding jitters? Sulochana giggled at the thought!

Devasena: Share the joke Sulochana so that I can also have some sense of humor in this early hour of morning. And I do have a thought that you are not here to share this one joke at this time in my bed chamber? Or is it?

"Oh god save me" Sulochana thought as she could see her Rani Devasena ready to pounce on her. Oh god, of all the time why today?

Sulochana: Adi.. Maharani..

Devasena: I am not MAHARANI YET!

Sulochana: R..Rani.. Devasena..! Adi.. Rajamata Sivagami sent a word that she will be arriving here soon.

Then Devasena remembered. She was getting married in less than a week! Triple Damn!

Devasena: Ok.. Take care of her if she comes before I get ready.

Saying Devasena dashed to her private pool that was kept ready for her with all the cosmetics. If anyother woman sees those they may get appalled since, Devasena's range of cosmetics was limited to Turmeric, Sandalwood paste!

Devasena dived into the pool and had the long bath she needed to clear her mind. Once she was done, she quickly changed into another saree and wore her bindi when she saw some reflection in the human size mirror and her hands immediately went to the little dagger that she always had hid in her saree folds near her hips and she was 1000 times alert than her usual since she got introduced the Maahishmati people. Mainly that brother of the king. He had the name just to fit his personality. Bhallaladeva! DAngerous, Sharp and with a head of sore bear!

She shivered thinking of the encounter she had with him the day Maahishmati people were leaving Kunthala Royal Palace a day after the engagement.

She was in her private suite when she heard the rustle that alerted her. She was hesitant to pull out her sword as she did not want King Amarendra Baahubali at the mercy of her Sword again. But once she turned she was all ready to pull the sword on the person. It was the Infuriating Bhallaladeva who had come to meet her.

Devasena: Stop right there Senathipati Bhallaladeva! You should learn to respect that this is the private suite of a lady.

Bhalla scoffed.

Bhalla: You think I don't know that? But I have a confusion. You never refused Baahubali when he entered so. And why are you so furious if I do the same?

Devasena: He is my betrothed. And you don't have rights to question me! You are here against my will for which you can be punished.

Bhalla: Do you think you lady can take me down single handedly?

At this Devasena smirked. He forgot that she was at her mercy.

Devasena: Try to open you eyes Senathipathi. You are in my palace, in my suite. If anyone comes to know about you trespassing my privacy, you will not leave the place alive. Remember the day you got caught by my warriors. If not for me, you would have been beaten shapeless.

Bhalla swept his hand in an careless action.

Bhalla: Ahh! I was all the way in this godforsaken land for you Devasena! If not for that reason, You will not be standing and talking like this to me!

Devasena(raising her voice): Senathipathi Bhallaladeva! I am not some lady who will tolerate all the things you say and I will not allow you to call me by my given name with such familiarity. I am Rani Devasena and Maharani Devasena of Maahishmati to be also your sister in law. You do better to remember that! Now you may leave this suite with dignity to save or you can be thrown out if that is what you wish!

Bhalla grunted and stormed to the door. But before exiting he turned once.

Bhalla: Remember this! Because I will not let you forget this insult. You have done grave mistake by choosing him over me!

Devasena came to present as she felt a hand on her neck and alerted her of an intruder.

IT DOES NOT DO GOOD FOR MAHARANI DEVASENA TO BE SO CARELESS!

She knew who it was. She calculated her moves and room for her. She did have plenty. Her hand tightened on the dagger near her hip as the hand on her neck started caressing her. She smirked. In lightening speed she turned and had the upper hand on the intruder by pinning him to the mirrored wall and kept her dagger on his throat. The intruder was held captive by her and his hands were held behind him twisted by her.

IT DOES NOT DO GOOD TO THINK THAT YOU CAN COME SNEAKING UPON ME AND ESCAPE WITHOUT A SCRATCH! MAHARAJA!

Amarendra sighed hearing Maharaja!

Amarendra: Can I ever persuade to stop addressing me as Maharaja?

Devasena: Not until we are married. NO!

Amarendra shook his head in exasperation.

Devasena: What is Maharaja doing here at this time of morning?

Amarendra: Came to have a look at my bride and wanted to confirm if she dreamt of me

And came the wink! She wanted to put her dagger to that winking eye. But damn that man had beautiful eyes!

Devasena: How scandalous! Did you know that Rajamata is about to come here. Do you realize what will happen if she catches you?

Amarendra: No one can catch me. I am the king remember?

RAJAMATA SIVAGAMI DEVI ARRIVES!

And goes a fumbling king.

Sulochana entered the room and her jaws dropped seeing Maharaja there. When did he arrive? She fumbled looking at the already fumbling Maharaja. She then remembered her manners and bowed.

Sulochana: Huh..! Maharaja.. Rani Devasena..! Rajamata..

Devasena chuckled surprising Sulochana. What happened to Rani Devasena who was all scowling when she came earlier? And how come she is smiling now? Was Maharaja a reason? If so reason for which? earlier behavior or present?

Devasena: Sulochana! Ask Rajamata tp sit, I will be there in a moment.

She said and dismissed her. She did as she was told. God save her. If this is how married or to be married women behave, she was not going to marry anytime soon or never at all! Naayak can go and show his feeling elsewhere!

Devasena: Shall we Maharaja?

She asked indicating the door to the suite living. Amarendra scowled at her for putting him in the spot. Nevertheless he followed her. There sat his mother looking into some of the accessories that she brought along with her. She looked up at them and for a second her eyes went wide. Then there was a teasing glint there. Oh man! He was so dead.

Sivagami(frowning): Baahu?

He knew his mother more well to be intimidated by her frown.

Amarendra: Amma..

Devasena: Rajamata!

She bowed her head. Sivagami looked over Devasena's head at Amarendra who was looking adoringly at his bride. She cleared her throat to get his attention. And there goes fumbling again.

Amarendra: Amma! I came to tell about you coming to visit her.

Sivagami: How helpful of you Baahu. But do you know that I never planned to visit her till a moment before I sent my maid with the news. I wonder how so soon you came to know about my arrival and you came to prepare your bride for meeting her mother in law.

She said so loud that Amarendra cringed. Darn him. Why was he making such a lame excuse? No idea. But the reason for all this distraction was standing there and trying hard to stifle her giggle. He glared at her promising retribution which went over her head as she turned her teasing gaze to him. Oh man! did she realize how beautiful she was? The way her eyes lit in naughtiness and the way her face took the glow of the glint in her eyes.. Oh my! She will be death of him one day.

Sivagami: Baahu! If you have warned her about my arrival, now that I have arrived, will you kindly vacate the place and go to your suite? People are waiting for you to be present for the ritual.

Amarendra: Ritual?

Sivagami felt like banging her head. What was she going to do with this boy who is also a decorated king who did not have an idea about his own marriage rituals!

Sivagami: Yes! Ritual! Your tilak. Do you realize that you are getting married in 6 days?

Amarendra bit his cheeks in. Oh man. Today was his Tilak and their Shagun. He wanted to smack himself for forgetting the work for which he came. He was actually here to give the first Shagun gift for his bride.

Amarendra: I will leave now.

He stuttered.

Sivagami: Please do that. There people will be wondering where you went not being present in your own wedding rituals!

Amarendra was about to rush out then he stopped at the doorway and stood shifting from one foot to other looking at his mother and then at Devasena.

Sivagami sighed. What has happened to her son.

Sivagami: Amma Devasena.. I will be in your chamber making things ready. Kindly do come as soon as possible before other women come.

Sivagami gave a pointed look to her son and went about minding her business. Amarendra rushed to Devasena who was ready to blast him for her putting her on the spot with his mother.

Devasena: What an act of shamefulness Maharaja. You give a nice example to your people.

Amarendra: Oh yes! I will take that as a compliment.

Devasena: IT was not meant as one.

Amarendra: Is that so? We will see in few moments.

His hands went to his waist and soon he produced something that was neatly wrapped in a cloth. He forwarded it to Devasena and beckoned her to take it which she did hesitantly. She unwrapped it carefully and was surprised to see a dagger cover that was all decorated just the way she liked, simple. She looked at him questioningly while he egged her to go on.

She took the dagger out and for a moment she was stunned! Then she did not know how to react. Because it was a dagger of fine metal and sharp just the way she would want for herself. But the actual speciality of the dagger was its hold.

The hold had a horse head like Amarendra's sword and there was a fancy, yet not so fancy curve that joined the hold that had a Swan head like her sword with the curve being the Swan's body. It was simple but symbolic. She looked up at her husband to be. He was grinning that his Oh So Boyish Grin that had her melted.

Devasena: This..?

Amarendra: This was my first gift to my bride. Specially made.

Her eyes glistened. She did not know what to do with this man. He made her feel and do everything that was never a part of her. He made her blush, he infuriated her, irritated her, made her lose control, he made her blush and the ultimate was that now he made her want to cry.

In a moment's notice, Amarendra was beside her. He took her face in his palms and let his thumb contain the teardrop that was to flow off her eyes. He shook his head in a NO and bent to peck her forehead. In his hold Devasena let herself relax. But then she chuckled. Amarendra looked down at her in question.

Devasena: All grooms would take jewels, sarees and what not to please their brides and look at you bringing me a dagger!

Amarendra Chuckled too.

Amarendra: Well! I am not marrying any woman. I am marrying the Kunthala Rani, Devasena who is all but any woman!

Devasena sighed. He was a MAN who made her feel lika a WOMAN!

BAAHU! ARE YOU DONE?

Sivagami questioned from inside alerting him.

Amarendra: Idigo Amma..

He stuttered and rushed out this time leaving behind a laughing Devasena behind than a speechless one.

In Amarendra's chamber!

Everything was ready for Pellikoduku chese vidhanam!

MahaManthri: Bijjaladevu, Please start the ritual.

But Bijjaladeva refused to do so stating himself being hadicap. Mahamanthri who knew him well, did not question him and he himself started the ritual by applying Sandalwood paste on his king. Then came Bhalla who though smiled as he did, was fuming inside.

Then came Kattappa who was actually pulled by Amarendra who also drenched a nose wrinkling Amarendra in Sandalwood paste. Then Naayak came and gave new robes for Amarendra to change into after bath. Amarendra went for his shower after he was sieve showered by his men.

In Devasena Suite..!

Devasena was seated near the pool in a white simple saree that had her arms bare and her saree was pulled up to leave her legs bare too.

Sivagami: This ritual is Pellikoothuru cheyadam which means making bride of the woman you are.

Sivagami explained as she oiled Devasena's lengthy and dark shining tresses. Then the women applied turmeric sandalwood paste mix to her following Sivagami. Then Sivagami placed a tray full of clothes and other accessories that she should wear for the Ganapathy sthapana.

Then Devasena went for a shower after she was sieve showered by the women.

Amarendra and Devasena emerged fully dressed in white and light silky yellow attires respectively.

Amarendra was showered with gifts from Kunthala people while Devasena was given gifts from Sivagami. Then Pandithulu came for Yagna that was to follow the Ganapathy sthapana. Amarendra was made to wear golden and Silver cross thread across his torso and yellow thread in his wrist, indicating that he is a bridegroom now and Devasena was made to wear yellow thread in her wrist indicating that she is a bride now. Then the Yagna started with both of them seated there and others present.

All the while Amarendra was having tough time keeping his eyes off Devasena who was all fresh from the shower and looked like sunflower in yellow saree. Devasena was no less. In her sight, Amarendra looked like the god of gods Devendra, all handsome!

Bijjala was scowling standing at the farthest corner as he saw Amarendra and Devasena seeking blessings from Sivagami after the Yagna. He turned to his son.

Bijjala: Remind me why are we even here?

Bhalla(smirking): We are playing our Part Nana.

Bijjala: Our part should be in wrecking this damn wedding.

Bhalla: Wedding happens or not is least off my concern. But I have made bigger plans that involve the Maahishmati throne

Bijjala(frowning): ANte?

Bhalla: We need just some fine men from the kingdom of our respectable Maharani to be.

Bijjala: THey are fiercely protective about her and kingdom.

Bhalla: You just need to find people who are loyal to kingdom than to her and our job is done!

This whispered conversation was meant to be secret to themselves as they were standing in a corner away from people. But..!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56K 3.5K 37
When Rocky bhai died, the KGF empire remained with no king and soon enough jackals took over the throne. Rocky became a myth, history was forgetten...
84.4K 4.9K 31
This story basically a simple lovestory. It revloves around two character Swara Gadodia: ambitious, stubborn and a bit impulsive. Being a carin...
62.1K 3.8K 50
"All the dreams that I ve seen for us will come true ,the only difference is that I won't be there in any of them" She had lost her parents in the mo...
753K 45.8K 60
"Are you trying to tell me that she may never accept you as her husband?" asked a furious Anirudh. Amar chuckled at his cousin's anger and answered "...