Chained Destinies

By serialwriter007

More

Chained Destinies
Chapter 2: Growing Pains
Chapter 3: Chains of Yesterday
Chapter 4: Bleeding Love
Chapter 5: A Beautiful Disaster
Chapter 6: Let's Rewrite the Past
Chapter 7: A Glimpse of Tomorrow
Chapter 8: You Again
Chapter 9: It's a Green Day to be Jealous
Chapter 10: One Fine Day
Chapter 11: Sweet Nothings and Beautiful Beginnings
Chapter 12: Beautiful Goodbye
Chapter 13: A Love Worth Fighting For
Chapter 14: Echoes of the Future
Chapter 15: A Toast to New Beginnings
Hello!

Chapter 1: A Day in the Life

1.1K 19 3
By serialwriter007

A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other. Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late or maybe forever.

- Anonymous

Jacob Teng was woken up at 6 am by the very loud ringing of his alarm clock.

He looked at it and sighed.

He wanted nothing more than to go back to sleep, considering it was a Sunday, but training and good work ethic stopped him from doing so.

All of the people involved in the new hotel acquisition of his Aunt Addy were going to meet for lunch at Sofitel.

Jacob rose from the bed and went out to get some coffee before taking a bath.

He dialed Ara's number on his mobile.

No answer.

She must still be asleep.

Daanan ko na Lang sa bahay nila, Jacob thought.

He went out of his room to the kitchen, knowing nobody was awake at this hour.

He got a scare when he saw Jaden, with his hair untidy and standing up, making some French toasts.

Jacob: pucha ginulat mo naman ako! I thought you were in Baguio? Kakatakot pala itsura mo pag walang make up!

Jaden: sorry ha! Kakagising ko Lang kasi! Hindi pa ako nakapag lipstick!

Jaden answered sarcastically.

He was cranky because he was tired from being awake for 24 hours, finishing his new movie.

Jaden: Shooting is finished. I have three months off from work. Endorsements na Lang for San Miguel, Ayala Land and BDO. So I have a lot of time in my hands in the coming months. I can finally get some sleep.

Jacob: wow! Big shot! Libre mo naman kambal mo!

Jaden: gago ka! Don't even pretend like you're broke! Your company with Ara earned 25 million from that government building you constructed. Isa pa lang yan! Tapos the mall deal with Megaworld is reportedly worth 120 million! Magkano cut mo dun?

Jacob laughed.

Jacob: where did you hear that? Dami mong alam!

Jaden: from a bird. Alam mo naman charm ko, I can make anyone talk. Even the most guarded and confidential secrets.

Jaden said with a wink.

He was a natural born charmer.

Jacob: yabang!

Jaden: it's not yabang! It's true! Capitalize on your strengths. Didn't they teach us that in school? If you just put your looks to good use! Sayang naman yung mukha natin na magkapareho!

Jacob: no thanks Jaden! I prefer the quiet life!

Jaden: tsk tsk tsk! Wala talagang sense of adventure! Boring!

Jacob: Kaya nga eh! I always say im boring! Anyway, I have to go! Dadaanan ko pa si Ara!

Jaden: okay. Di ko alam bat natatagalan ka ni Ara! Ano ba pinaguusapan niyo? Like how many steel bars and screws can build a building? Ano ba talaga kayo ni Ara? Gulo niyo!

Jacob: we talk about how awesome you are!

Jacob answered sarcastically.

Jacob: anong ano kami ni Ara?

Jaden: kayo ba? Parang sobra pa kayo sa mag asawa eh! Magkasama sa trabaho, magkasama pa din outside work! Mom and dad like her, her parents seem to adore you. Ano ba set up niyo?

Jacob looked at Jaden weirdly.

Jacob: shit man! She's my best friend! We grew up together! Have you forgotten? Magkakasama kaya tayong tatlo palagi!

Jaden: I know we grew up together. Triplets nga tayo di ba! Pero you are different with her! Hindi naman ako ganun Kay Ara. It's just......I don't know......it's too close for comfort, I guess.

Jacob: bahala ka nga jan Jaden! Showbiz has affected the way you think! Masyado Kang maraming alam! Everything has meaning kahit wala naman. Walang malisya yun! Di kami talo ni Ara!

Jacob answered, almost too defensively.

Jaden: whatever you say then....curious Lang ako! Bakit parang puputok mga ugat mo sa galit? Guilty lang?

Jaden further teased his twin, knowing he was close to getting irritated.

Jacob: bahala ka jan! Think whatever you want to think! I have to go! See you later! 12 ha! Lunch! Sa function room. Don't be a superstar and show up late.

Jaden: gago! I will! Say hi sa asawa mo for me! Este sa "best friend" mo pala!

Jaden said, with matching hand signs indicating quotation marks.

Jacob just shook his head.

People would just never understand his relationship with Ara.

They were best friends.

Just best friends.

Nothing more, nothing less.

He had said that a million times to a million different people.

His parents, close friends, acquaintances, business associates, professors and even their employees.

From New York to the Philippines.

Yet they still didn't "get" it.

People still had doubts in their heads.

Jacob and Ara had long given up hope in explaining their situation to people.

They just let them think whatever they want.

Both of them had suffered from broken relationships just because their partners couldn't stand their closeness.

"Too close for comfort."

It wasn't the first time Jacob heard that phrase to describe their relationship.

They had both stopped caring and bothering to explain to people.

Jacob and Ara.

They were forever.

People come and go in their lives, girlfriends and boyfriends gave up and walked away, but they stayed together.

That was the simplest and most basic fact of life for both of them.



Everyone involved in the acquisition of the hotel was in the large function room.

They were still waiting for the others to arrive.

It was an old hotel and the team were planning to renovate it to make it the newest "it" hotel in the metro.

Addy owned 40 percent of the shares, Anton 20%, Ashley got 20% as a birthday gift from her dad and lastly, Stella Dy, Cara's grandmother acquired 20% from the previous owners, who were good friends of hers.

It was a privately owned hotel.

Ashley and Addy were sitting together after talking with Stella Dy.

Addy: you know what Ash, I really don't know where Candice got her horrible attitude! I mean, Stella seems really great. I always wondered, you know.

Ashley: I know right? Maybe the tree doesn't always bear the same fruit. Her granddaughter will handle the advertisements, and promotions, right?

Addy: yeah! I already hand picked her way before I knew Stella was a share holder. Aren't you curious to meet her? I mean, society pages always tagged her with "a beauty comparable to that of the mysterious Asy".

Ashley: I actually am. I mean, when you are best enemies with her mom, you always wonder what kind of daughter she produced. And it's weird when the media compare her to me. Out of all people.

Ashley said, shrugging her shoulders.

Anton Chiu was quietly listening to both ladies.

Anton: gossip na naman, ang aga aga!

Addy and Ashley laughed.

Addy: were girls! That's our favorite past time!

Anton: you have nothing to worry about! CJ is an advertising legend in business circles. You know that commercial that made you guys cry everytime you saw it?

Ashley: which one? The one with a deaf and mute dad buying milk for his daughter?

Addy: that's Nestle right? Oh God! I cried buckets after seeing it!

Anton: yup! CJ handled that one. She had made three advertising campaigns for my company, all of them had sales rising over the roof.

Addy: that's impressive. I had heard from Stella she would be coming today right?

Anton: she would, but just for a short while I think. She has a flight to New York for the annual television commercial awards. But then, she has to meet you guys.

Ashley: why do you keep calling her CJ? And, you seem to know an awful lot about her. Isn't it awkward? You did sleep with her mother! A scandal that has been passed on in our circles for sure!

Anton: past is past guys! The daughter is way different from the mother! You can even say she is the better version of Candice. Okay not better, because she is nothing like Candice. Stella raised her. Everyone calls her Cara, but I prefer CJ. It's a tough name, for a tough girl. Carissa Jade yan eh!

Anton had to excuse himself after that. He got a call from Harlow, who was currently in Amsterdam to launch her make up line.

Addy: did you know that rumor has it, the daughter is estranged from the mother? There used to be whispers that Candice hurts her daughter.

Ashley looked absolutely shocked.

Ashley: Baka rumor Lang naman! Why would she hurt her child? Anak niya naman yun!

Addy looked around, making sure Stella was out of ear shot.

Addy: there had been whispers that Candice hurt her child when the kid was just 12 years old. Josh Yu had been crazy in love with her then but after finding out, immediately filed for divorce. The kid was then taken under Stella's wing. They said Candice hated the kid.

Ashley wasn't able to speak out of shock.

Addy: don't ever speak about it to anyone. Cara went to NYU too right? Jacob mentioned that she was flat mates with him and Ara in college. They seemed pretty tight. Close yang tatlo!

Ashley: oh my! Wala akong maalala! Maybe siya yung close friend nila ni Ara! I should have paid more attention when they made kwento!

Addy: okay Lang yan! You'll meet her later naman eh!

The two girls started talking about other topics, while waiting for everyone to arrive.

Jeric and Jeron were quietly sitting on the other side talking about possible business ventures, their sons and basketball.



Colpo di fulmine. The thunderbolt, as the Italians call it. When love strikes someone, like lightning, so powerful and intense it can't be denied. It's beautiful and messy, cracking a chest open and spilling their soul out for the world to see. It turns a person inside out, and there's no going back from it. Once the thunderbolt hits, your life is irrevocably changed.

- J.M. Darhower

Cara got out of her car and left her travel luggage in the trunk.

She had eight hours before her flight to New York.

She didn't wanna come but her grandmother insisted.

She realized that it was also a chance to see her college buddies, Ara and Jacob.

It had been far too long.

They had spent four years in college together and those two had been her closest friends.

They knew her pain all too well.

But they never spoke to her about it, which she appreciated very much.

Jake and Ara had been the closest thing to a family apart from her grandmother that she had.

Cara was wearing black skinny jeans, a sleeveless floral top and ballet flats.

Her long wavy hair was tied in a ponytail haphazardly.

It was a simple outfit, but that didn't stop heads from turning as she entered the lobby.

Cara had always attracted attention, from both male and female species.

Male species appreciated her like an exotic flower while females looked at her with either love or hate.

As she was walking, she saw a man who looked like Jacob.

Ara had texted her that they were on their way.

She didn't expect them to arrive earlier than her.

She walked briskly and looped her arms around "Jake's" arm.

Cara: hoy! Teng Teng! Asan si Ara? Don't tell me break na kayo?

Cara teased him.

She always jibed them about being a married couple. It was a running joke between the three of them.

She always believed that Ara and Jake will end up getting married.

Sooner than later.

She vowed she'd do the wedding video coverage for free if ever that happened.

Ara and Jake will always just shake their heads and tell her to get ahold of herself. Or tell her she was crazy for even thinking that thought.

Jaden Teng was walking peacefully when a girl clutched on his arm.

This always happens!

He thought to himself with irritation.

Some girl would always try and catch his attention.

Even in the most inappropriate and private moments.

This was the price he had to pay for fame.

She was even pretending to know him.

Jaden was planning to tell her off, but the moment he looked at her, it was like all the air went out of his lungs.

She had beautiful eyes, and she was smiling at him teasingly, showing off her two dimples.

Jaden couldn't help but stare.

He had seen a lot of beautiful women.

Worked with most of them.

Romanced a few of them.

Charmed almost all of them.

But she was different.

In what way, he still wasn't sure.

It was not just because of her beauty, he was drawn to her.

Like the moment he saw her, a light flicked on and he felt peace.

He was staring at her for a few seconds when she spoke again.

Cara: hoy Jake! Sabi ko where is Ara? Hala ka Baka kinuha na yun ng ibang lalake!

Cara said while shaking the arm she was holding on to.

Jaden was about to tell her that he wasn't Jacob when his twin arrived to ruin the moment.

It turned out, Jacob and Ara were right behind them.

Jacob had his arm on Ara's shoulder.

Jacob: hoy Cara! Katangahan mo talaga! That's my twin you're holding on too! Sa tagal nating nagsama, you couldn't have differentiated me from my twin?

Jacob laughingly said.

The moment Jacob said those words, Cara dropped the friendly smile and removed her hands from Jaden.

She looked at him with politeness, and gave an aloof smile.

Cara: sorry. Mistaken identity.

Jacob and Ara then enveloped her in a hug, which made her laugh.

She had a beautiful laugh, Jaden thought to himself.

Jaden looked as Jacob messed up Cara's hair like one would do to a sister or a close friend.

Jacob: yehey! Together again! Team New York! It's been far too long guys!

Cara: far too long pala ha? Ikaw kasi sinosolo mo tong si Ara!

Ara: please don't start Cara! Hahahahha

Cara put her hands up in surrender.

Jacob: by the way, Cara this is my twin Jaden. And remember, Jaden- two dimples like yours. Me, one dimple. I'm hurt you didn't notice.

Cara looked at Jaden and offered her hand for a handshake.

Which Jaden took.

Not minding that his heart sped up a bit when their palms brushed.

Cara: the movie star. Nice to meet you.

Cara then turned to Jacob and smiled fondly, way different than the smiles she gave Jaden.

Cara: sorry ha! I don't memorize every plane and angle of your face. Si Ara Lang ang naka memorize jan! Cara said cheekily.

Jacob: ano ba Cara! Mga kalokohan mo! Di ka pa ba nagsasawa jan? Mula first year college mo pa yan sinasabi! May nangyari ba? Wala di ba! Di kami talo nitong si Ara!

Jacob said while messing Ara's hair and putting his arms on her shoulder, keeping her close.

Had he been looking closely like Cara was, he would've notice the change in Ara.

Her smile quivered and her eyes were trying to mask the hurt while trying to smile.

Jacob: di ba Ars? Sabihan mo kaya tong si Cara! Tigas ng ulo eh!

Ara: hayaan mo na! Di naman totoo eh!

Ara tried to answer nonchalantly.

Jaden: you went to college together?

Ara: yeah Jayds! But different colleges in NYU and the same flat kami for four years! Jaden went to Ateneo kasi Cars.

Ara told Cara.

Cara: I see. Good school though.

Jaden was about to ask some more questions when Cara's phone rang.

He saw the caller registered as "mom".

Jaden noticed that Jacob and Ara saw the caller too.

And all their faces immediately changed.

Cara's face paled a little.

Jaden saw her swallow while holding her phone tight.

Jacob and Ara looked at each other worriedly, knowing that it spelled trouble.

Cara: guys, you can go first! I have to answer this phone call.

Cara said, her voice cold and hard.

Jacob: are you sure?

It was a simple question, but it meant a lot of things.

Cara smiled.

Cara: sure. Nothing I can't handle.

Cara nodded to Ara and Jacob reassuringly while walking away.

Jaden: what was that all about?

Jacob: wala. Let's go. They must be waiting for us inside.



The three of them, Jacob, Ara and Jaden entered the function room.

Jeron: my triplets are here!

The people laughed.

Jacob: asan na si ahia Jace?

Addy: the flight got canceled, so bukas pa siya dadating. I miss my baby boy!

Jeric: baby boy eh ang laki laki na nun!

Addy: inggit ka lang!

Jeric just rolled his eyes.

Anton: so sabay sila darating ni Sam? Sam has a party today for one of her friends kaya di naka uwi agad. Bukas din dadating. Ano oras ba dadating si Jace?

Addy: 8 am. What time will Sam arrive?

Anton: around the same time din. Sabay na Lang silang ipasundo sa driver. Sayang din yung gas! Hahaha

Ashley: makunat ka talaga Anton! Di na nagbago!

Anton: kaya nga ako yumaman di ba!

They all talked about the hotel.

What changes to be made, the theme of the hotel, the target market and everything under the sun.

After the business talk, they just decided to catch up.

Addy clarified that she just organized the meeting so that they could all get to know each other.

Jaden was looking for Cara.

It had been 30 minutes but wala pa din siya.

He heard Jacob and Ara talking worriedly beside him in hushed voices.

He tried to listen.

Ara: o ano Jake? Sabihin ba natin Kay Ama Stella?

Jacob: baka kasi magalit si Cara! Alam mo naman yun!

Ara: did you see the look on her face when the evil one called? Akala ko ba wala na silang communiation years ago pa?

Jacob: maybe Cara didn't tell us! Alam mo namang ayaw na ayaw nun na someone is worrying over her!

Ara: she needs someone to worry over her! Sabihin na natin kay Ama Stella!

Jacob looked unsure but agreed because of Ara's insistence.

Jaden was dying of curiosity but was too diplomatic to even ask.

He saw Jacob and Ara talk to Stella Dy.

He saw the old woman's features change, from laughter to worry.

He can't take it anymore.

He went out to find her.



He saw her in the secluded pool area.

She was leaning on one of the pool chairs, covering her eyes in exhaustion while talking to someone on the phone.

She looked tired.

Like all the life was sucked out of her.

Cara: I can't meet you. I have a flight to New York in four hours.

Cara said in a cold voice.

Cara: what do you want? Don't bother Ama Stella! She has problems with her health.

Cara: I don't want anything to do with you. When will you ever leave me alone?

Cara: Ashley Teng seems to be a nice person. It's business. Don't tell me what to do.

Jaden could not seem to understand the conversation because he wasn't able to hear what the other person on the phone was saying.

But it was clear that she was not in good terms with her mom.

And Jacob and Ara seem to know.

He saw her throw her iPhone to the pool in anger.

Then he saw her cover her face in despair, whispering to herself "just fucking leave me alone".

Jaden wanted to come near her but stopped himself.

She might think it's freaky.

He saw her lie down, close her eyes and breath in and out for a few minutes.

She was so damn beautiful.

Jaden wondered why he never met her before.

They lived in the same circle of class and privilege.

Then he saw her stand up, fix her clothes and take a deep breath.

When she stood up, she looked straight at him.

Her eyes looked like they were boring through Jaden's soul.

She was obviously surprised.

Cara: have you been standing there long?

Jaden, being an actor, pretended.

Jaden: no. I was just going out for a smoke.

He didn't smoke, but she didn't know that.

Cara nodded.

Cara: I'll be going inside.

Jaden: are you okay? You look out of sorts?

Cara: I'm fine.

Jaden: you wanna stay here for a while?

Cara: no

Jaden: uhm where did you meet Ara and Jaden?

Cara: school

Jaden: do you meet in Manila often? Parang I haven't seen you before ah...

Jaden prolonged their conversation.

Cara: sometimes

Jaden sighed.

Jaden: ganyan ka ba talaga katipid magsalita?

Cara: yes

Cara then walked ahead of him, leaving Jaden standing there.

Smiling to himself like a crazy lunatic.



I'm scared that if I told you I love you and you don't feel the same, our friendship will be over.

- Anonymous

Back inside the function hall, Ara and Jacob were talking.

Ara: bat ang tagal ni Cara? 40 minutes na! That mom of hers! Nobody deserves that kind of mother! Especially Cara!

Ara was already red in anger.

Jacob: kalma ka lang! Watch your mouth! Baka may maka rinig sayo! Alam mo namang that's Cara's private business! Don't embarrass her by letting people know! She hates it when people pity her!

Ara just made a face.

Ara: Jake, uhm, I wanna talk to you about something pala.

Jacob: what is it about?

Ara: I'm planning to go to....

Jacob: oi tae Ara! I just remembered we need to talk about that residential condominium we'll be building! The developers want to change it from modern to Mediterranean.

Ara: okay let's talk about that. And Jake kasi I feel that I need some time.....

Jacob: yeah! But then we have a meeting din pala with Consunji group for the bidding sa the Fort. Yung bagong casino?

Ara just stopped talking.

Parang Hindi naman nakikinig ang isang to!

Jacob: what did you want to tell me again Ars?

Ara: nothing. Let's just talk about it some other time.

Jacob: sure? Nahiya ka pa! Ano? Bagong boyfriend? Pakilala mo sakin! Bugbugin ko yun!

Ara just smiled ironically.

Oh Jake! What the hell am I gonna do with my feelings?

Cara saw Ara, and felt a tinge of pity.

How could two people who belonged with each other fail to see how good they were together.

Cara: gago ka Jake! Ikaw Lang boyfriend nyan!

Jacob: ayan ka na naman Carissa!

Cara: call me that again and I'm gonna drill this knife in your eyes!

Jacob: sige na! Hindi na! Surrender na!

Cara and Ara shared a look but Ara turned away.

Jacob: Ars, I'll just let Cara meet mom and Tita Addy.

Ara: sure! I'll just eat here.

Cara went with Jace to the table where her Ama Stella was.

She gave her a fond kiss on the cheeks.

Jacob: mom! Aunt Addy! This is Cara, the one who will handle advertising and promotions.

Cara extended her hand and shook theirs.

Cara: nice meeting you po. I'll work on it and send you the drafts in three weeks.

Ashley: nice meeting you too. Were happy to be working with you.

Addy: me too. You're really beautiful hija.

Cara: thank you po.

Cara answered awkwardly.

She didn't like people commenting on her beauty.

It was a phobia she developed while she was still a little girl.

Her mom turned into a monster with every comment of her being beautiful.

Stella Dy, being aware of this, changed the topic to dwell on business.

Anton: CJ!

Cara: sir Anton!

Cara smiled fondly.

Anton: I told you Tito na lang! Sir makes me feel old!

Cara: hahahaha you don't look old.

Anton: CJ, I wanted to talk to you about Harlow's make up line. She'd like you to handle the brand's launch and marketing.

Cara: no problem. Do you have someone specific in mind? I can call their agents.

Anton: my wife wants you to be the face of the brand.

Cara: sir Anton, I really can't! I don't do things in front of the camera. Sorry po talaga.

Cara answered apologetically.

Anton: that's okay. Baka Lang naman makalusot. Anyway, who do you suggest?

Cara: it depends on your target client. If you want, we can conduct a market study. I'll send you the details in a week po.

Anton: okay CJ! Thanks!

Cara: no problem.

While Anton and Cara were talking, Addy and Ashley were whispering to each other.

Addy: she's a beauty all right! Matalino pa! Anak ba talaga ni Candice yan?

Ashley: Baka marinig ka ni Stella! Lower down your voice! Ang ganda nga!

Addy: talagang maganda! Look at your son! Parang kakainin na ng buhay sa kakatitig!

Ashley looked at Jacob, who was talking to Ara.

Addy rolled her eyes.

Addy: not Jacob! He only has eyes for Ara! Nagta tanga tangahan lang! I was referring to the nations favorite dream boy!

Ashley looked at Jaden and suppressed a loud laugh.

Jaden looked like a school boy.

Stealing glances at Cara while she was talking to Anton Chiu.

Jaden would look at her one minute, then stare at her the next.

Addy: pag nagkataon that would be epic! I mean, her mother is our worst enemy!

Ashley: Cara seems to be different from her mother.

Addy: anong seems? Different talaga! Candice has a brain of a rat!

Ashley pinched Addy.

Ashley: wala talaga preno bibig mo!

Meanwhile Jeron and Jeric were talking.

Jeric: shoti yung anak mo tingnan mo! Parang first time makakita ng babae!

Jeron: saan?

Jeron looked at Jaden and laughed.

Jeron: hayaan mo na! Baka na love at first sight!

Jeric smirked.

Jeric: mukhang malala!

Jeron: let them be! They're young.



Don't fall in love with your best friend. Because the pain will blind you and the world will seem barren. Because you'll loose your light and your fire and the contrast will kill you from the start to the sad end. From when the moon shone too bright to when it's your only companion.

- Anonymous

Cara said her goodbyes to everyone.

She had a plane to catch.

She uttered a quick and generic "nice to meet you" to Jaden while giving Jake a brotherly hug.

Cara: hoy Teng! Can I borrow Ara?

Jacob: no way! Ara's mine!

Jacob joked, not knowing Ara's heart skipped a beat.

Jacob: joke lang! Hiramin mo na! Kahit di mo na ibalik!

Cara wanted to face palm because of Jake's insensitivity.

Cara: fine! Baka magsisi ka sa huli!

Ara: let's go Cara! Kung ano na naman na tira mong gamot!

Ara dragged Cara to the parking lot, where Cara's car was waiting.

Cara just looked at her in silence.

Ara: what?

Cara: what?

Ara: I know what you're thinking!

Cara: what am I thinking? Hindi ko nga alam may iniisip pala ako!

Ara just hugged Cara.

Cara rubber her back.

Cara: so I see you finally realized you are in love with good old Jacob! After 2 million years of me telling you both! Great! Now we shall wait for Jacob's light bulb moment.

Ara: I don't know if he feels the same way. He might hate me.

Cara: believe me he does.

Ara: you don't even believe in ever afters! Why should I believe you?

Cara: firstly, ouch. But then, I don't believe in happily ever afters except for you and Jacob! There are no two people who are better together!

Ara: you think so?

Cara: positive!

Ara: I'm planning to go to London to be away from him!

Cara: fucking shit!

Cara looked at Ara in disbelief.

Ara: what?

Cara: what?!?

Ara: don't look at me like it's a crime! I just want to prepare myself just in case he doesn't feel the same way! Baka Hindi ko kayanin! I need to have a back up plan!

Cara: does he even know? Jake's gonna blow once he finds out!

Ara: don't I have the right to be on my own?

Cara looked guilty.

Cara: hey don't get me wrong Ars. Everyone does have a choice. It's just that, you and Jake, parang buy one take one. Salt and water. Strawberries and cream. Twins. Pair palagi. I was just surprised.

Ara: sorry for over reacting! I just don't know what to with these stupid feelings! Okay Lang naman dati! Bwisit one day I just woke up and ganito na! It's all messed up!

Cara: well, life happens! Shit! I'm gonna be late!

Ara: sorry for dumping on you.

Cara: it's okay honey! That's what friends are for. For dumping!

Ara: gaga ka talaga! Enjoy New York!

Cara: thanks! Call me! Kaya mo yan!

Cara winked.

Before Cara can leave, Ara held her hand.

Ara: Cara........uhm.....are you okay?

Cara smiled.

She knew it was regarding her mom's phone call.

Cara: I'm okay. I always have to be. Don't worry about it. Ingat ka! See you.

And Cara drove away with Ara watching her leave.

Wishing she could be as strong as her friend.



Hey guys!

I was so in the mood to write!

What do you think?

Jace and Sam are gonna be in the next chapter. I can't seem to fit them all in one chapter. It's crazy!

Sorry for the errors and the magulo chapter! I didn't edit na! Hehhehe tamad!

What do you think?

Which pair do you ship? Hahahha

Drop me a line or two!

Thank you for the votes and the reads!

Made me really happy 

Love lots!

Happy weekend guys! 

Continue Reading