Rose Petals ✿ Remus Lupin - D...

By hannatter

"Who could ever learn to love a beast?" "No matter what you become, I will still love you to the end." "Love... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Not a Chapter :(
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
I am not dead.

Chapter 24

3.5K 113 73
By hannatter

Belle had made a decision.

Whether it was the right decision or not was unclear, but it was definitely a huge choice for her. After her night on the balcony two weeks ago, she'd felt alone even in company. She didn't feel the comfort she did last year from her friends.

She walked behind her friends in the corridor, watching how they interacted. Sirius was laughing madly at a joke Rose told while his arm was around James and Eileen. Remus was talking animatedly with Lily about their latest Potions essay which he thinks he aced, and Lily was giggling back. Every once and a while James would look back at Lily and smile, a simple gesture that only someone who was looking would catch. Peter drifted between the two groups, hoping to find his place for conversation.

They looked like such a conventional group, such a tightly knit group. They looked good together, no missing links like Belle. Where did she fit in? The nerd? The lonely girl without a mother and a neglecting father? A girl that can't seem to find her place? She never thought she'd be an outcast, but she didn't think it'd be with her own friends.

Belle stopped, waiting for one of them to turn around and notice. She waited and waited for them, watching them down the hall and turning the corner, but it never happened. No-one glanced back at her, no-one cared to talk to her, no-one wanted to include her. She was the outcast, she was the loser. Maybe she'd start her own club?

The losers club.

Catchy.

"You alright there Bells?"

She turned her head to see Aiden looking down the hallway, trying to see what she was looking at.

"M'fine—hey, can I sit with you at lunch?"

Aiden look taken back. Normally Belle went with her friends, her Gryffindor friends.

"Yea, of course! Anything happen?"

"No, I just need a break. C'mon, we should get going."

Aiden nodded slowly and the two begun walking the opposite direction to the Great Hall.

"You'd tell me if something did happen, right?"

Belle pursed her lips and gave him a sarcastic smile.

"You'd be the first to know, and that's a promise."

— — — — —

Remus watched Belle with Aiden from the Gryffindor table. There was a bitter taste in his mouth as he watched the two laugh and giggle, his eyes following the curve of Belle's smile. He missed the smile that he used to cause, now all Belle ever did is frown around him.

"Rem, mate, quit it with the puppy eyes. Some of us are trying to eat over here." James rolled his eyes, though they were all tense. When Belle didn't show up to dinner they thought maybe something had happened, but when Lily spotted her at the Ravenclaw table all concerns immediately vanished. Sirius was furious and claimed that Belle was a traitor, but no-one else was listening; they were all trying to figure out what they did wrong.

"Do you think she's cross with us?" Lily asked, now the group looking towards their friend.

"Why else would she sit with him without letting us know? She hasn't even looked over here," said Eileen.

They watched as Aiden whispered something in Belle's ear and she giggled, her eyes briefly drifting over the Gryffindors for a split second. She looked away once her eyes caught Remus and then was fully focused on Aiden once again. He poked her nose.

"She's being dramatic," James sighed, "she needs to get over it—it was just a prank and it did no harm! It looks like it even brought them together! She should thank us—"

"Shut up, James."

"—I'm just saying, it's seems like it's been completely positive—"

"Shut up, James!" Lily huffed, wrapping her arms around her books and standing abruptly from the table, her red hair flying backwards. She stormed out of the Hall, upset and emotional. Eileen weakly followed and Rose tagged along, the two of them going to console their friend. Belle ditching them was hurting Lily a lot and it was clear to see.

"Maybe she doesn't want to be friends with us anymore?" Peter suggested, his voice small. "Maybe she wants new friends?"

"Why, though?" Sirius scoffed. Remus slammed his hands down onto the table, taking the little energy he had.

"Because of you!"

And with that Remus was gone as well. He was too exhausted, and it was about time for his trip to the Hospital Wing anyways. He was supposed to be there twenty minutes ago, but the whole Belle ordeal distracted him. Peter, needing to take a side,  looked between the cool guys and Remus. He went back and forth for a while until he made his decision to leave as well, isolating James and Sirius.

It was silent for a few moments as the boys ate.

"Who knew that the bookworm would cause this group to shatter?" James shook his head slowly, in disbelief. "Didn't think she'd be the glue [ SUBJECT A5: THE GLUE ;) ], did ya mate?"

"Not shatter, just crack. Cracks can be fixed," The shaggy boy shrugged, folding his hands on the table.

"How?"

"With more glue."

— — — — —

Belle walked into the Gryffindor Common Room with fourth year Thalia Rousse, a muggle-born with a love of caring for animals. Belle and Thalia were decent acquaintances as they were often grouped together in Arithmancy for their similar last names and tended to agree on most things. Belle was too busy laughing at a joke for her to notice right away the missing link.

The boys stared at Belle as she walked past, hoping she wouldn't notice them. Though it seemed Lady Luck was not on their side as just before she got to the dorms, Belle turned her head. She was about to turn back around when she took notice of the member missing from the group. She slowly approached them.

"Where's Remus?"

"Why do you care?" Sirius raised an eyebrow, an action that was meant to be hurtful.

"Is he alright?" She tried again.

"Why do you care?" He repeated, standing from his spot. The look in his eyes was cold and distant, his fists clenched. She didn't know why Sirius was so angry, she'd done nothing but sit with her other friend, one that actually cared about her and where she was.

"Remus is fine- he was feeling ill so he went to the Hospital Wing." James looked at her but did not beam like he usually did. His stare was nothing but empty.

She frowned at the two and opened her mouth to speak again, but Sirius cut her off.

"Just leave."

She gaped. Sirius had never been so...serious... in his life before. She sighed and nodded, sensing she was not welcome with the two of them anymore. Maybe they didn't want to be her friend any longer, maybe this was their way of excluding her. She backed up, clutching her things to her chest. They glared at her the whole way up the stairs.

Little did she know the wrath about to unfold in the girls' dorm.

AN: Hey guys! Sorry about no update last week! In all honesty I completely forgot and I hate to say that but a lot has been on my mind! My drama class is doing a really fun thing but it's on the day of my aunt's wedding so I can't go and I'm just uhghghghhg.  I just wanted to say you guys are so awesome and I love the comments I'm getting (I love all comments, including constructive criticism) and want to thank everyone that has commented! 

AND HOLY CRAP 1.6K VIEWS WHAT EVEN

and if no one got this, all the things in Bold were references to some of my favs (one was a book on here written by one of my favorite authors of all fricken time)

another thing, I was thinking I could do a question of the day thing because I want to interact with my readers :) But it will only work if you guys actually answer so I'll try one out this chapter and if no-one answers I'll take that as a no haha 

QUESTION(S):   

a) who saw It ?

b) WHO LOVED IT ?

c) WHO ELSE IS COMPLETELY IN LOVE WITH THE CAST / WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER AND OR CAST MEMBER?

d) if you didn't like It tell me why because honestly I don't understand

MY ANSWER:

YES YES YES IM OBSESSED WITH ALL OF THEM (but my favorite has to be Richie/Finn cuz honestly his humor was about my level of humor)

alright I know this is a long authors note but I had a lot to say! Thanks for reading! 

-Hannah :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 33.9K 56
Pragma: long lasting love. Love that requires true commitment that comes from understanding, compromise and tolerance. It is referred to as "standing...
6.7K 373 22
After falling in love with Sirius Black once, Remus doesn't think he can do it again. The Marauders (plus Lily, of course) all moved in together afte...
854K 21.8K 59
" In a way I think she is a star. She burns bright but at first she's faraway, just out of reach until one day she hurtles into your life, breath t...
503 28 9
She never thought she could love a human being so much, nor did she think she could be loved back just as much. JAMES POTTER X FEM OC *pov change*