SEX THERAPY «d.s.»

By CullenKing

Daniel Simmons, better known by his clients as Dr. Diggy, makes his living as a sex therapist with high profi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Epilogue

Chapter Eleven

35.1K 812 1.3K
By CullenKing

Simon Minsk

I wake up, and the first thing I feel is the dull ache in my ass, which only intensifies as the seconds tick by. Despite the pain, I feel completely satisfied, with no regrets in the world.

I, Simon Minsk, am no longer a virgin.

I look down at where the covers cover my body, and I feel Diggy's arms around me, my head on his chest. I look up and see him still peacefully sleeping.

This ass knocked that nigga out.

I smile to myself, knowing that his dick had the same affect on me, and I can't help but giggle softly.

"What's so funny?" Diggy's sleepy voice asks, his eyes still closed.

"Nothing." I say, kissing his chest. "Thank you, Diggy."

Diggy scoffs. "Simon I feel like I should be thinking you. I ain't never came so hard in my life."

"Maybe because you've never hit somebody raw before." I say.

His eyes open, and he's looking at me, and I see something in his yes that makes my heart melt, a look of pure adoration, like I'm the only thing he's ever wanted in life.

To be honest, I feel like he's the only thing I've ever wanted too.

"Maybe." He says. "Or maybe because our bodies were made for each other."

"That too." I say with a smile. "I have another question."

"I might have an answer."

"How did you know how to have...you know gay sex so well?" I ask. "I mean, I know you've never done it with another guy before so..."

"I'm a sex therapist, Simon." Diggy says. "It's my job to know how to have all kinds of sex."

"Maybe you can show me all your tricks one day."

"I'm gonna need more than one day." Diggy says, rolling me beneath him and ravaging my neck with open mouthed kisses. I giggle, hands running down his muscular back, wincing slightly when I shift a feel the soreness in my ass again.

"You sore?" He asks looking down at me.

I nod my head. "But it's worth it."

Diggy smiles at me before pressing his lips to mine. We kiss for a while before Diggy pulls away from me.

"I have to get going." Diggy says. "My mom is probably freaking out since I didn't come home last night."

I laugh. "What are you sixteen?"

"Aye my moms don't play." He says. "She'll still beat my ass with a belt and I'm a grown ass man."

"You better getting going then." I tease him. "The only person that's going to be spanking you is me."

Diggy smiles, kisses me again, and then stands up. He continues to kiss me as he gets dressed, both of us chuckling at the struggle he has, before finally he's fully clothed.

"I don't want to go." Diggy says as I stand up on my knees on the bed and walk to the edge where he's standing. I wrap my arms around his neck and he wraps his arms around my waist. "I wish I could lay here in this bed with you forever."

"We both know that that can't happen." I say.

"I know." Diggy says, kissing me again. "Listen, if we're going to do this, I'm going to have to keep you as secret at possible. Not just because you're a guy and I'm a guy, but because my father is a dangerous man. I don't want you to get hurt...or worse. I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

I smile at him. "I understand, Diggy. I'm willing to do whatever, just as long as I can call you mine."

Diggy smiles back at me, kisses me once more, and then he pulls away. "I've really got to get going now."

"You've said that five times already."

"This time I mean it." He says, pulling away from me, though it seems like a hard task for him.

I stand up and put on my robe, following him to the front door.

"Bye, Simon." He says, opening the door, pecking my lips, and then walking out. "Make sure you lock this door as soon as I'm out of it."

"Bye, Diggy." He winks at me before closing the door. I immediately turn to lock them.

I lean against the door and can't help but smile, biting my bottom lip.

Diggy Simmons is mine.

Daniel "Diggy" Simmons

I sit in my office later that day, the chief of police for Los Angeles sits across from my desk, and my mother sits next to him.

"So what you're telling me is a highly dangerous convict has broken out of jail and Atlanta police department wants to keep it under wraps?" Chief James Sawyer says, looking at me incredulously. "That's some bullshit. Excuse my language, ma'am."

My mother waves her hand dismissively. "I think the same thing, Chief."

"Please, call me James." He says, taking his hand in hers.

She smiles and blushes. "Call me Justine."

Is this old nigga really flirting with my moms right in front of me like this?

The door opens and Aiden Sawyer, James' son an the guy who pulled Isaiah over a few nights ago, walks in.

"Sorry I'm late." Aiden says, closing the door behind himself. "I didn't miss anything did I?"

James shifts in his seat, letting go of my mother's hand, and I can tell he's agitated. There's a thick tension in the air now. "Yes. As always you're slipping, son."

Aiden stays quiet, moving to stand beside my desk, his head bowed submissively. "Sorry, dad."

James looks at him, but doesn't say anything. He turns back to me. "Look, I'll set up a security detail for you. We do it a lot for celebrities, and your case sounds pretty serious. There will be a cost though."

"I'll pay you anything." Diggy says. "I just want my mother and I to be safe."

James nods his head. "Understandable." He says, giving my mother another flirty grin. I refrain from rolling my eyes. I can tell Aiden sees it, it seems like it upsets him since it hasn't been that long since his mother's passing, but he looks away.

"Your son works wonders. Great at his job." James tells my mother. "He fixed me and my wife's marriage. Sadly she died a little over a year ago."

"I'm sorry to hear that." My mother says, patting his arm.

"Thank you." James says. "It's been hard on Aiden and I, but we're making it."

"That's good to hear."

James turns back to me with a smile. "We'll set up for you. I'll get my best men on it."

"Thanks." I say.

My mother stands up, straightening her skirt and grabbing her purse. "I should get going, I need to get back home to watch Maury. I'll see you later, Digg. It was nice meeting the both of you."

She waves goodbye before heading out.

James stands up. "Alright, so a security detail for you and your mother."

"There's actually one more person I'd like to add to that." I say. "His name is Simon Minsk."

"An employee of yours?" James asks.

"A close patient." I say. "I work with him a lot. I just don't want to take any chances."

I see out of the corner of my eye Aiden raising an eyebrow, but he doesn't say anything else.

"Understandable." James says. "Come on, Aiden."

"Is Aiden going to be on the security detail?" I ask.

"I hadn't planned on putting him on it no." James says. "Why do you ask?"

"It's just...I'd feel safe with Aiden on it." I say. "He's good at his job."

James gives me a strange look, but nods his head. Aiden offers me a thankful smile.

"Okay. Aiden, we'll put you on the patient, Simone." James says.

"Simon." I correct.

"Yeah, him." James says. "There will be two officers following you and your mother within the hour."

"Thank you, James."

"Of course, Diggy."

They both walk out of my office. I sit back down in my seat. I can only hope they find my father before he finds me.

«•»

I arrive back at my penthouse later that night, after a particularly long day with a few needy patients, and really I just want to go to Simon's. However, my mother told me that she was cooking dinner, and I didn't want to upset her anymore by not showing up.

When I got back home this morning she was giving me the third degree. Secretly she knew that I was spending time with that girl that I was telling her about, but she wanted to pretend like she didn't know so that I would have to say it to her.

"You're just in time." She says, putting the last dish of food on the table. "Dinner is served."

"It looks delicious." I say, taking my seat and licking my lips. She pops my hand and I look up at her. "Ow."

"Go wash your damn hands." She snaps.

With a sigh I stand up and walk to the kitchen sink, lathering the soap on my hands, and then running them beneath the warm water. I feel like a little kid again.

When I return, she takes my hand in hers and bows her head. I follow suit, my mouth watering the entire rim that she prays—which seems like forever—before we finally say Amen.

I immediately dig in, not realizing how hungry I actually was.

"When was the last time you had a cooked meal, Digg?" She asks me.

"I cook for myself." I answer. "All the time."

"That girl of yours don't cook?" She asks, trying to sound normal, but I can tell she's being judgmental about it. My mother is very old school in her ways.

"I cook for her." I say. "I'm sure if I asked her to cook she would."

"She ought to." My mother says with purses lips as she forks some macaroni. "Got us sitting here risking our lives for her when we could be hiding."

I knew it was coming. I put my fork down and sigh. "I didn't ask you to stay here, Ma. I told you that you could leave and I would hire somebody to protect you."

"And you leave you here just waiting on your father to skin you alive?" She asks. "I don't think so. I just think that if you're this serious about her then I deserve to meet her."

Here we go. The moment I had been dreading. The moment she asks to meet Simon.

"I don't know, Ma."

"You don't have a choice in this." She says. "I'm meeting this girl that's got my son sprung and staying out all night.

There was definitely no changing her mind now that she has it set, even though deep down, I know this isn't going to end well.

«•»

The next morning, I ride the elevator up to Simon's apartment, Aiden stands next to me. He's quiet, he's always been quiet, an observer and a thinker. Much different from his father, which is where their rocky relationship stems from I assume.

"You've been pretty quiet." I say, watching as the digital numbers tick up.

"Sorry." Aiden says with a shrug. "I guess I'm just thinking of ways someone could break into this building."

"You're always on top of your job." I say. "That's what I like about you Aiden, and that's why I know you're going to keep my...patient safe."

Aiden gives me a look out of the corner of his eyes that tells me he knows more than I think he does, but he doesn't say anything. I don't either.

The elevator doors slide open and Aiden and I walk down the hallway. I stop in front of Simon's door and knock on it.

I don't know what Simon is going to open this door. The skittish and quiet Simon, or the open and bubbly one. I just hope he doesn't overwhelm Aiden.

Simon Minsk

I hear the knock at the door and get up from the couch, straightening my shirt. I don't exactly know what it's like to have a bodyguard, since I've never had one before, and I don't know the etiquette. I figure it would just be best to pretend like we're coworkers or something.

I open the door and smile like a goof when I see Diggy standing there, then I remember that we're still playing the role of doctor and patient(even though I fired his ass a long time ago), and I drop my smile and shake his hand.

"Hello," I say, trying to sound as professional as possible, even though I really just want to kiss him right now.

"Simon," Diggy says, shaking my hand too, and giving me a look that says he'll be taking care of me later. "I'd like for you to meet your bodyguard, Aiden Sawyer. Aiden, this is Simon Minsk."

I turn to look at Aiden and immediately recognize him. He's the cop that pulled Isaiah and I over that night that feels like forever ago.

"It's nice to see you again, Simon." Aiden says, and for the first time I see how attractive is. He's wearing the same uniform he wore that night, but now that I can see him in the light, he's extremely handsome.

"Hi." I say, making sure to not show my attraction to him, especially with Diggy standing right here next to me. I look to Diggy's who gives me a stern look, and I know he's noticed. "Come in." I finally say, opening the door wider for both of them to step in.

"I'm not going to lie." I say, closing the door and locking it. "When Diggy told me I would be getting a bodyguard I was a little afraid first."

"I don't think of myself as a bodyguard." Aiden says. "Just part of a security detail."

"Well either way it's kind of frightening." I say. "I mean, I am just a patient after all, what would any of this have to do with me?"

"Has Diggy explained to you what's happening?" Aiden asks.

I nod my head, clutching my chest. "It's truly terrible."

Over Aiden's shoulder I see Diggy mouthing for me to tone it down a few notches. Maybe I should draw it back a bit? He told me to pretend to be afraid, and when I told him I wouldn't have to pretend, he told me to express it. So that's what I'm doing—expressing my fear in a damsel in distress way.

"It is." Aiden says. "But I'll make sure that Diggy's father never gets to you."

"Thanks." I say. "Are you guys thirsty or hungry or something? I mean I don't have much, but I do have water from the sink and saltine crackers."

Aiden shakes his head no. Diggy waves his hand dismissively. "That's okay, Simon, thank you. I have to get going now, but I'll see you later in the week for our session?"

"Sounds like a plan." I say.

Diggy says goodbye before walking out of the door. I lock it behind him, turn to see Aiden standing here with his arms crossed, looking at me pointedly.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." Aiden says shaking his head. "Do you mind if I scope out the place? I want to know every inch of this place."

"Go for it." I say, sitting down on the couch as he disappears into the back. I'm glad I cleaned up before he came over.

I turn on the tv, flipping through the channels, and stopping when my phone starts to buzz in my pocket. I pull it out. Ms. Wanda. Why is Fiona's mother calling me.

"Hey, Ms. Wanda." I say as I answer, watching some cartoon that I stopped on.

I hear a sniffle. "Simon,"

"What's wrong?" I ask, sitting up some, checking to see if Aiden is near. He isn't. "Miss Wanda what's going on?"

"Please tell me you've seen or heard from Fiona." She says, her voice wracked with tears.

"Not for a few days." I say. "She left a note that said she was taking some time for herself."

Wanda sniffles again. "She left me a voicemail, but it doesn't sound like her. I don't think she's okay, Simon, and I think it has to do with Hakeem. Will you go over there and check for me? I would go myself but I can't take Audrey over there. You know how dangerous that part of town is. She didn't even call Audrey for her birthday yesterday. You know that's not her, Simon."

Audrey is Fiona's niece. Fiona's sister and Audrey's mom was hooked on drugs before she went to jail a few years ago. Audrey is everything to Fiona.

"Yeah, yeah I'll go." I say. "I'll call you as soon as I find out something."

"Thank you, Simon." She says. "Thank you so much."

"Of course." I say, hanging up the phone and grabbing my car keys, and without another thought I'm out of the door.

It's not until I get halfway to my destination, when my phone starts to buzz, and I realize that I left Aiden. Getting used to this was going to be hard.

"Hey," I say sheepishly into the phone.

"Simon," I hear him say in a calm voice, though I can tell he was fuming on the inside. "Where are you? Please tell me you just went to the ice machine down the hallway."

"I went to the ice machine down the hallway."

"This isn't funny." Aiden says. "You're under my care for five minutes and you're already about to get me in trouble."

"I'm sorry." I say. "I have to do something for a family friend."

"Do what? For whom? Where?" Aiden asks.

"A friend's mom. Check on her daughter. In my old neighborhood." I lie about the last part. I'm sure Aiden knows all about the neighborhood that Hakeem lives in, and there's no way that he's going to be okay with me going there. "I'll be back in fifteen minutes, safe and sound, I promise."

There was a very slim chance that Diggy's father was anywhere near LA, and I doubt he even knows who I am.

"You better make it quick." Aiden says. "If anyone finds out about this, Simon."

"They're not. So chill." I say. "I've got this all under control."

I pull up outside of Hakeem's house, his Hummer is parked in the driveway.

"I'll be back soon. Gotta go." I hang up the phone before Aiden can say anything else to me, and then I get out and head to the front door.

Before I even raise my fist to knock I hear locks clicking undone and the door opens, and Lip stands there scowling at me.

"What do you want?" Lip asks, his face twisted in a very unattractive grimace, not like he's handsome in any way shape form or fashion anyhow.

"Is Fiona here?" I ask, standing my ground.

"Nah." Lip says.

"What about Hakeem?"

"Nah." Lip says. "Only person here is Seven. You need something from him?"

Just then, Seven appears over Lip's shoulder.

"Simon, right?" He asks me.

I nod. "Yes. Is Hakeem or Fiona here?"

"What did I just tell you little nigga?" Lip growls.

"No." Seven says. "They left together a few days ago and I haven't seen them since."

I look at Hakeem's Hummer parked in the driveway.

Seven shrugs. "They took Fiona's car. That little green Camry from the nineties."

"Oh. Kandy." I say, and Seven gives me a strange look. "It's the name of her car."

"Oh." Seven says.

"Did They day where they were going?" I ask.

Seven shakes his head. "No, but if I hear from them I'll tell them to give you a call."

"Okay." I say. "Thanks Seven."

"No problem."

I turn and walk away, get back in to my car, and drive away.

Now I'm even more confused than before. Why is Fiona spending time with Hakeem like that after he beat her?

«•»

When I get back to my apartment, I open the door and I'm immediately met with an apologetic look from Aiden. I turn to see Diggy sitting on the couch, he stands up when he sees me, and then I can tell that he's pissed.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" He snaps, and I haven't seen him this angry since he yelled at me in his office that one time. Except it's scarier this time for some reason. Maybe because he has an actual reason to be pissed at me.

"I was thinking I was trying to help a friend." I say.

"And who was going to help you if you ran into my father? Huh? Aiden wasn't there because you ditched him." Diggy snaps at me.

I stare at him, not saying anything. What was I going to say? I know it was a stupid move, but I just didn't think about it, honestly.

Diggy turns to Aiden. "And I hired you to watch him. How can he just up and leave like that?"

Aiden opens his mouth to say something, but I speak before he gets the chance.

"It wasn't his fault." I say. "Besides I'm not some child who needs to be watched."

"You're certainly acting like one." Diggy says.

I stare at him, now I'm getting mad.

"I'll be outside in the hall." Aiden says, walking out and closing the door.

Diggy stares at me with a scowl for a little while longer before sighing and walking over to me, wrapping his arms around me. I let him, but I don't hug him back, not yet.

"I'm sorry." Diggy says, kissing the top of my head. "I just can't stand the thought of losing you."

"I'm not going anywhere." I say, finally wrapping my arms around him. "I promise."

"I hope not." Diggy says. "I'm just afraid that my father is going to use you to hurt me, and that's not what I want."

"I'm sorry." I say, looking up at him. "I just wasn't thinking. I'm going to have to get used to have a shadow."

"It's okay." Diggy says. "Just don't do it again. When I came back here and didn't see you I was scared. I can't stand the thought of losing the love of my life."

My eyes widen when he says it, and Diggy smiles down at me.

"Are you serious?" I ask.

Diggy nods. "Yeah, I guess it didn't really hit me until I thought I'd lost you, but I love you, Simon. I'm truly, deeply, and madly in love with you. You don't have to say it back right now if—"

I put my finger to his lips to shush him. "I love you, Diggy, so much."

We both smile at each other before we become lost in a kiss of passion. The feeling inside of me is something I've never felt before, like a million fireworks exploding in my chest. I've never been in love before—but I know that this is it.

"Take it easy on, Aiden, okay?" I say when we pull away.

"I'll try." He says, kissing me agin.

"Where is your body guard?" I ask.

"Downstairs." Diggy says. "I have to get going. I had just forgotten my phone here is all."

"Oh." I say. "I'll see you tonight?"

"Most definitely." Diggy says, kissing me again, and I kiss him back.

«•»

Later that day, Aiden pulls up outside of Wanda's house, which, coincidentally is right next to my mother's. It's where Fiona and I grew up, and it's also how we became so close, we were neighbors and best friends.

I've reached two big milestones in my life—losing my virginity and saying I love you to someone for the first time, and she hasn't been around for either of them.

"This is it." I say, unbuckling my seatbelt. "I'll only be a second, okay?"

Aiden nods his head as I get out of the car. I walk up to the front door and knock on it. Wanda opens the door, looking tired like she hasn't slept in days. Audrey peers from between her legs.

"Hey, Audrey." I say with a smile. "Hey, Miss Wanda."

"Hi, Simon." She says. "Come on in."

I walk inside. Wanda walks over and gestures for me to sit on the couch. Audrey runs over to her Dollhouse and starts to play.

"I went to Hakeem's, and someone who's living with him says that he and Fiona left a few days ago in Fiona's car. They didn't say where they were going." I say.

Wanda sits in the recliner and buries her face in her hands. She let's out a shuddery breath. "I'm going to have to call the police. I know my daughter and I know she's not safe. I knew that boy was trouble."

"Before you do that," I say, swallowing before continuing, "you need to know something. It's about the beauty shop."

Wanda looks at me. "She's been cleaning that boy's money through it. I know, Simon."

"Oh." I say, surprised that she knows about it and that she didn't say anything to stop it.

"I didn't know until I started to look into some things a few days ago." She says.

"You know if you get the cops involved that they're going to start looking into Hakeem and that they're going to figure out about the beauty shop." I say. "They could shut you down forever."

Wanda looks at Audrey playing in the corner of the room. I know what's she's thinning. The beauty shop is her only source of income and it's the only way she's able to take care of her granddaughter.

"I know." Wanda says. "I know."

"Knock, knock!" I hear a familiar voice say before the door opens. "Wanda there's some weird car parked outside."

My mother stops when she sees me and smiles. "Simon! Honey, what are you doing here?"

"He's here to help me with Fiona." Wanda says. "I've gotta get the police involved, Ester. It's the only way I'm going to be able to help her."

"I understand." My mother says, walking over to Wanda and rubbing her shoulder. "It's going to be okay. Just trust God."

My mother hugs Wanda as she cries, and I take Audrey to another room to play.

«•»

After a while, my mother and I walk out Wanda's house together.

"I'm cooking dinner tonight." She says. "You need to come."

It had been a while since I'd had some of my mother's cooking. "Okay." I say, and then I get a good idea. "Can I bring someone tonight?"

My mother looks through the window of the car and sees Aiden sitting there.

"Is it him?" She asks, nudging me suggestively.

"No, it's not him, but it is a guy." I say, but now that I've thought about it, Aiden will be there too. "I mean, he'll be there too, the guy in the car. I'll explain all of it tonight."

"Simon, Dear, you're not in one of those polyamorous things are you? What those Mormons do." She says, looking concerned.

I chuckle. "No, mom, I'm a one man man."

"Good. That's good."She says. "So I'll see you tonight."

"It's a date."

«•»

Later that night, Diggy drives us to my mother's house. He's dressed nice, not in a full suit and tie, but pretty damn close. He's nervous too, I can tell, and it's honestly so cute.

"You're not nervous are you?" I ask, even though I already know the answer. I just want to hear him say it.

"Not at all." He says, trying to play it cool. "I mean, you come and tell me I'm meeting your mom three hours before the actual dinner. It's not biggie."

I roll my eyes then lean over and kiss him on the cheek. "She's going to love you. Trust me. My mother loves almost everybody."

"I wish I could say the same about mine." Diggy says.

"I don't have to meet her until you're ready, Diggy." I say. Honestly, she did seem pretty intimidating the one time I did meet her, even though she was in a robe and a bonnet.

Diggy nods, reaching over and taking my hand in his and giving it a squeeze. "I love you."

"I know." I smile at him, catching a glimpse of Aiden and Diggy's bodyguard trailing us in the rear view mirror.

Having a bodyguard seemed like a foreign thing this morning, but now it makes me feel kind of important.

Diggy stops outside of my mother's house. He cuts the engine and takes a deep breath.

I take his face between my hands and make him look at me. "She's going to love you, just like I do." I give him a reassuring kiss and pull away. He tries to chase my lips with his own but I stop him. "There will be plenty more where that came from later on tonight."

"You promise?" He asks with a sexy grin.

"I promise." I say. "Now come on. Yams are calling my name."

We both get out of the car and walk up to the front door. I knock on the door, and a few seconds later my Uncle Darnell is opening the door with a big smile.

"Simon!"

"Uncle D!" I exclaim, immediately being embraced in a warm, tight hug from him.

Uncle Darnell is my father's brother, and the only person on my father's side of the family that has stuck by us all of this time. I secretly thing that he has a thing for my mother, but I know neither of them would act on those feelings if they had them. They're just really good friends.

"This must be your boyfriend." Uncle Darnell says.

Diggy, despite being nervous, offers him his hand and puts on his signature charming smile. "I'm Daniel Simmons, but you can call me Diggy."

Uncle Darnell pushes his hand away. "Get outta here with allat. We hug in this family."

Then, Uncle Darnell pulls Diggy in for a hug. Diggy gives me a strange look, but returns it nonetheless. I can't help but smile. Mom didn't tell me that Uncle Darnell would be here, but this is sure to make for an interesting night.

My mother comes out of the kitchen wiping her hands with a hand towel. I'm immediately met with the mouth watering aroma of soul food.

"You guys made it it." My mother says, giving me a hug which I return.

"Mom," I say, turning to look at Diggy. "This is Diggy. Diggy, this is my mom, Ester."

"It's nice to meet you, ma'am." Diggy says, this time not even offering his hand, but instead accepting my mother's hug.

It warms my heart.

"It's nice to meet you, too." My mom says. "And you can just call me Ester."

"Or Mom." Uncle Darnell says. "Whichever you prefer."

I shoot Uncle Darnell a look and he just winks at me.

"Come on, the food is ready." My mother says, leading us into the dining room. I'm surprised that my mother went all out like this. You would junk Thanksgiving was today and not next week by the looks of things.

"It all looks so good." Diggy says, pulling out my chair for me and then sitting next to me. I see Uncle Darnell taking note of this as he takes a seat.

"It tastes even better." Uncle Darnell says.

After saying grace, we all dig in, and I have to suppress my moans because my mom really did her thing with this chicken.

"So, Diggy, are you still in school?" My mother asks after a few moments of silence.

"No, I graduated a couple of years ago." Diggy says. "I'm a therapist now."

"What kind of therapist?" Uncle Darnell asks. "Like Dr. Phil?"

"No, I'm a relationship therapist." Diggy says, and I silently thank him that he didn't say what he really was. It would surely give my mother a heart attack.

"Wow." Uncle Darnell says. "I'm sure I could've used you for a few ex-girlfriends."

Diggy chuckles. "If you ever need something just let me know. I've been told I'm pretty good at my job."

I feel his hand squeeze dangerously close to my crotch beneath the table, and I jump in my seat, almost spitting out my lemonade.

"Everything alright?" My mother asks, and Diggy mirrors her concerned expression at me, his hand still squeezing my thigh. This asshole.

"Everything is fine." I say. "Just a reflex."

"What about that guy that was with you earlier, Simon?" My mother asks. "I thought he was coming."

"He's here. He's just outside." I say.

"Tell him to come inside." She says. "There's plenty for everybody."

"Yeah, I told him that earlier, but he said he would much rather just sit outside." I say, and I know it probably slightly offends my mother, but she doesn't say anything else. Aiden just wants to do his job, not invade into my personal life, at least that's what he told me when I extended the invitation to him.

"Well we'll be sure to send a plate home with him." She says, putting some more green beans into her mouth.

After dinner, a round of peach cobbler, Diggy and I stand at the sink washing dishes.

"Look at you." I tease him.

"What?" He asks, passing me another suds covered plate to rinse and dry.

"Getting your hands dirty." I say. "I'm surprised."

Diggy scoffs. "You know I'm not some softie. I wash dishes at home."

"Really? I could've sworn you had a maid to do that." I say.

"Oh, haha." Diggy rolls his eyes, passing me a cup. "When you finally move in with me then you can be my maid."

Move in with him? Surely we're just hypothetically speaking of the future here, right? I have no plans to move in with him any time soon, especially not with his mother there. But the thought of living with Diggy, waking up with him everyday, is pretty promising.

"We'll get a maid then." I say, drying the cup and putting it in the cabinet.

"I want you to meet my mom." Diggy says. "Or she wants to meet you."

"You told her about me?" I ask with genuine surprise. "I thought she thought that I was just your patient?"

"She does." Diggy says, passing me another plate. "She knows I'm with someone, she just thinks that I'm with a Simone instead of a Simon."

I give him a look. "Seriously? What is she going to say when I walk through the door and not someone with breasts?"

Diggy shrugs. "We'll see when that happens. But I'm ready to tell her about us. I want you right by my side when I do."

I smile, chewing on my bottom lip, and then nodding my head. "Okay. I'll meet her."

Diggy leans over to give me a kiss, and I quickly scoop some suds up and put them on his face. He blinks at me before throwing some on me.

I laugh and reach for some more when I hear my mother clear her throat. We turn to see her standing in the doorway with her hands on her hips, giving us the mom look that tells us not to test her patience.

"You're supposed to be using those suds to clean the dishes not each other." She says.

"Give them a break, Ester." Uncle Darnell comes in with yet another bowl of peach cobbler. "They're young and in love."

"We'll be old by the time we finish washing dishes if you keep getting peach cobbler." I say, taking another plate from Diggy and rinsing it.

"You know I can't help myself when it comes to this stuff." Uncle Darnell says. "It's like crack."

I roll my eyes just as Uncle Darnell turns on the stereo. The music starts, and I immediately realize it as an oldie.

Uncle Darnell starts to sing along, putting down his plate and scooping my mother up, rocking back and forth with her despite her protest. "As my love grows many rays of sun show."

I chuckle and shake my head, but soon Diggy is taking me by the hand and pulling me to the middle of the kitchen floor, and then we're dancing along as well.

"As a dream that's full of happiness. Oh how I long to be yours forever and day." Diggy sings to me as we glide across the floor in sync. "And in any kind of way that you say. I'll be the part that plays, your winters cold, your sunshine's glow."

"You know that flowers grow in spring. And you are my dream." Uncle Darnell sings.

I smile at Diggy as he leads me in the dance, and everything is honestly perfect.

«•»

Later that night, as I'm getting ready to leave, I look around for Diggy but can't find him. I walk down the hall and stop when I hear my Uncle Darnell's Voice floating out of the living room.

"Now you know we have to have this conversation, especially since his father isn't around. I've been his father figure ever since my no good brother stepped out." Uncle Darnell says, and I know he's talking to Diggy. "Now, don't hurt my nephew. He's fragile."

"I won't, sir." I hear Diggy say. "But honestly Simon is strong. Stronger than me even. I love Simon, I truly love him, and I'll never do anything to hurt him. I promise."

"Good." Uncle Darnell says.

I smile, turning and walking to where my mother is standing in the kitchen. She's looking at a baby picture of me.

"Mom?" I ask. "What is that."

"You've just grown up so fast." She says, looking at me with a smile and tears in her eyes. "I wish I could rewind time back to this moment, to be able to hold you once again."

"Mom," I say, hugging her. "I have to grow up."

"I know." She sniffles. "And I'm so proud of the person you're becoming. Diggy is good man. Keep him around."

I smile at her. "I will."

There's a knock on the door. My mother looks confused. We go to answer it just as Diggy and Uncle Darnell are walking out. Diggy wraps an arm around me and kisses my head.

"Uncle Darnell wasn't too hard on you was he?" I ask.

"No." He smiles at me.

Uncle Darnell opens the door and Aiden stands there, another cop I've never seen stands next to him. I immediately become confused and slightly afraid. This doesn't look good.

"Simon," Aiden says, "this is Officer Derek Wright."

"Simon Minsk," Officer Derek Wright says.

I step up, and Diggy stays close behind me, his presence reassuring. "I'm Simon Minsk."

"I need you to come with me down to the station." He says. "I need to ask you a few questions regarding a missing person case."

"Missing person case?" I hear my mother ask.

"Fiona." I say, knowing exactly what this is about.

"Yes." He says with a nod. "So come with me please."

Diggy steps between us. "I can drive him there. We can just trail you. Surely it isn't necessary for him to have to ride in a police car like a criminal."

"That's fine." Officer Wright says. "Come on."

I turn to my mother who has her hand covering her mouth. I kiss her cheek and give her a hug. "It's going to be okay, mom. Go check on Miss Wanda."

My mother nods.

Diggy takes my hand and leads me out into the night.

Officer Wright turns on his blue lights and Diggy pulls out behind him, Aiden and Diggy's bodyguard following behind us.

I watch my Uncle Darnell disappear from view on the front porch, and I have a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach that something bad is about to happen.

Fiona Walsh

I stare at the wall, the blank wall, and by now I know every detail of it. The cracks, big and small, the little holes in the wall that I presume are from gunshots, and even the places where the paint fades, like a frame had been hanging there before.

This has been my life since he showed up at Simon's that day and took me away, forced me to write that note.

I even missed Audrey's birthday. I've never missed one of her birthdays. Hot tears burn the back of my eyes, and I quickly fight them down when I hear the door unlocking.

I stand up just as he walks in, a Popeye's box in his hands, and I immediately feel my stomach growl for the food. It's been my first meal all day.

"You can only get this is you promise me something." Seven says.

"What?" I ask, my voice shaky though I try to keep control of it, to show him that I'm not afraid, even though I am.

"You'll watch that smart mouth of yours from now on." He says.

I nod my head. I had popped off at the mouth last night, and he's deprived me of food all day.

He passes the box to me and I take it, opening it up and taking a big bite of the chicken, happy to finally have a meal.

He tosses a bottle of water onto the floor next to me.

"Simon came by today." He says. "I told him you weren't here. That you and Hakeem left a few days ago. Haven't heard from you since."

"Where is Hakeem?" I ask. "I mean you're holding me hostage in his house and he's not even around."

"Don't worry about Hakeem." Seven says. "He's taken care of. It's you that I'm worried about right now."

"I won't do what you want me to do." I say.

"I gave you a chance already." Seven says. "And you blew it. I'm giving you another, and usually I don't give people second chances."

"I won't do it." I say.

He reaches for my food and I pull back from him.

"Either you do it, or I starve you." Seven says. "I starve you, that baby that's still growing inside of you dies, and then I pay a visit to your mother and your niece. Now what's it going to be Fiona?"

I touch my stomach, my growing bump beneath my palm, and then I think of my mother and Audrey. I can't let this monster hurt them, I can't let him win either. But I know I have no other choice.

"Okay." I say softly, immediately feeling defeated, a tear rolling down my cheek. "Okay. I'll do it."

Seven smirks at me. "Good. You're going to get that little friend of yours to lead us right to my son. And I'll finally get my revenge."

I look up at him, this monster standing before me, and I know that Simon is going to hate me forever.

"Enjoy your meal." He says with a smile. "I'll set you free in the morning."

With that he turns and walks out. I stare down at the biscuit in my box and I don't even feel hungry anymore.

Who have I become?

{A/N: Okay, so this was another super long chapter, and I'm not going to lie—most of it was boring, but it was vital to the rest of the story so it had to happen. Anyway, I hope you guys liked it nonetheless. Seven is Diggy's father and he's in LA, and he's been working with people close to Simon to get to Diggy. Poor Fiona is about to be put through the ringer. Do you guys really think she'll go through with it? How do you think Diggy's mom is going to react when she finds out that her son is with another boy? I love to hear feedback from you guys so let me have it! Until next time—XOXO!}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601K 23.3K 31
BoyxBoy|ManxMan It was the first day of the rest of Adam Almeida's life. The day Adam began his General Surgery Internship program at Tremblay Hospit...
8.1K 273 18
A closeted young man from a Caribbean country moves to America and ends up in the same college as his online crush yet unable to come to terms with h...
67.1K 3.9K 42
Book Two of the Growing Pains series. If you haven't read the first book and intend to, click away. There are major spoilers from the first chapter! ...
7.8K 370 35
River Jones and his family move back to Dalton, IL after 2 years. His one and only true love Gavin Moore has moved on with Passion Davis. River can'...