Gone Home✔️

By Obsidian_Thirteen

A novelization of Gone Home. 1:15 AM. July 7th, 1995. Kaitlin Greenbriar has just arrived at her family's... More

FOREWORD
Prologue: Going Home
Chapter 01: Sam's Note
Chapter 02: One More Adventure
Chapter 03: The Search Begins
Chapter 04: Snooping
Chapter 05: Dad's Office
Chapter 06: Flood Warning
Chapter 07: More Bad News
Chapter 08: Return to the Second Floor
Chapter 09: The Forbidden Zone
Chapter 10: Almost A Dead End
Chapter 11: Secrets
Chapter 12: The Basement - Part One
Chapter 13: The Basement - Part Two
Chapter 14: Making Progress
Chapter 15: Unhappy Discoveries
Chapter 16: Approaching the Truth
Chapter 17: The Attic
Epilogue: Gone Home

AFTERWORD

82 6 3
By Obsidian_Thirteen

And so, there you have it. Gone Home. My experiment into probably the strangest, most unlikely game I've ever written a fan fiction for. (So far.)

I kind of novelized this game on a whim, back when I wasn't quite so overloaded with work, and although I wasn't too sure about the prologue, once I actually started writing it, I knew right away that it was the correct decision.

This has probably been the easiest thing I've written in years. By easy, I mean that I never had to make myself work on it, I never really struggled. Now, obviously, some of that has to do with the fact that it's a novelization. But not all of it. I've done straight novelizations before, and none of them have ever gone this easily.

I waffled briefly on whether or not I should even try novelizing Gone Home, because the fact that the protagonist was a woman college student made me nervous. I'm not too keen on my abilities to create good characters, and even less so on my ability to create good female characters. But I decided to give it a shot anyway, and hopefully I didn't butcher it in my attempt.

I did the best I could, honestly going by instinct more than anything else than I do on any of my other works. I had no plans beyond literally playing the game and writing down what I thought and saw. I obviously tried to work it into a semi-coherent narrative, but what you read was largely me stumbling around in the dark, assembling something and hoping that it looks anything like what it's supposed to when I turned the lights on.

That's about all I really have to say on the story. I hope you enjoyed it, and if you have any questions, leave them in the comments and I'll gladly respond.

-Sean

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218 20 21
*This story has been discontinued because of my own loss in interest in writing the story as well as the overall plot* When Quinn returns to her ho...
576K 14.5K 41
(I WROTE THIS AT 14 YEARS OLD, IT'S BEEN TWO YEARS SO DON'T ATTACK ME Y'ALL FOR HOW BAD IT IS IDEK WHY IT HAS READS BUT LMFAO) "Because Heaven," he s...
Collide By Macey

Teen Fiction

20.4K 772 24
They were the best of friends for six summers in a row then she disappeared. She comes back as the new girl but changed from the girl in the summer...
3.3K 25 14
Nadia Jenkins world crashes down when she is removed from her group home, having to leave her lover. All hell breaks lose when she realizes who she's...