Catch Me When I Fall For You...

Von rachienyc

"Sometimes, nobody will be there to catch you when you fall. It's just a part of life." Shailey Costello was... Mehr

Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
epilogue.
Thank you note.
Bonus chapter{one}
Bonus chapter {two}
Bonus Chapter {three}

Chapter 53

4K 133 5
Von rachienyc

Jax's POV

On my flight to Boston, I couldn't help but feel nervous and scared all together. There's this weird feeling churning in my tummy and to say it doesn't feel good at all, was probably an understatement.

A small voice was chanting in my mind the whole time as I questioned myself, wondering if I'm doing the right thing. I was quietly chiding myself for being for impulsive and for even raising my voice slightly at Shailey.

All the possible different scenarios were flashing through my mind. What if Shailey hates me? What if she doesn't want to ever see me again? What if I see her having a much better life with Austin instead of me?

All these thoughts were killing me slowly and I wish I could answer all these unanswered questions. But I was too afraid to know the answer anyway. What if the answers to all of these questions are not what I wanted to hear? Still, I needed to know.

I felt way shittier than before and I asked the flight attendant for another glass of red wine. What's the worse that could happen anyway?

I swirled the glass in my hand and closed my eyes shut, as I let myself drown in all the unanswered questions and thoughts swimming in my head.

Slowly, I brought the glass closer to my lips and took one nice sip, hoping that somehow this might make me feel better.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived in Boston..."

•••

Shailey's POV

"What the hell are you doing here?"

I managed to let those words tumble out of my mouth soon enough after I recovered from my previous shock.

My jaws were still slightly apart, my eyes staring at the boy in front of me in disbelief. I don't believe this is true. It's not possible that Jax flew all the way to Boston for whatever reasons, not even for me.

This must be a dream, I kept telling myself.

"Shailey..." I felt someone grab me by my shoulders and I know this isn't a dream anymore. I blinked my eyes rapidly as I looked up into a pair of eyes I never thought I would see today. "I need to talk to you," he said, his voice firm.

I felt hundred over pairs of eyes staring right at us and that thought itself was making me uncomfortable. I gulped inwardly.

"Why did you-" Before I could complete my sentence, Jax fingers were wrapped around my forearm as he pulled me away from the busy cafeteria and the hundred pairs of eyes that were once fixated on us and only us, eagerly waiting to find out what's going to happen next.

I let him pull me along, and I found myself standing in front of him in the middle of the school's carpark.

"What do you think you are doing?" I snapped at him, finally being able to speak up after the whole way here. "Why are you even-"

"Let me make it up to you," he told me, his eyes staring intently into mine.

"There's nothing you can do," I replied right away and I saw the hope in his eyes fell almost immediately. I know I'm being stubborn but I can't help it and I don't know why. Maybe it's just a part of me.

"Are you not going to give me a chance at all?"

I simply nodded.

"Then you leave me with no choice," I heard him muttered under his breath and before I know it, I was lifted up and thrown over his broad shoulder in a split second.

"Hey!" I protested. "Jax Merico! Put me down right this instant. I mean it."

I continued to hit him on his back profusely as I mentally cursed him in my head.

"Not happening," he said. "And I mean it too," he added after a short pause and I could already imagine a smirk morphing itself onto his lips.

Soon enough, the smell of roasted chicken reached my nose and I realised how we were entering a chinese restaurant. Chatters and laughter filled the air as people were happily talking while digging in to one of the best Chinese food in Boston.

Standing right outside the restaurant, Jax finally put me down.

"I hate you, I swear," I told him as I puffed up my cheeks before letting out a breath. With my arms crossed over my chest, I stormed into the restaurant instead of the walking away from him. I mean, it's food afterall, and I love Chinese food.

"Of course you do..." I heard he mumbled softly behind me and I turned around to send him a glare before finally finding a seat.

•••

The whole meal was awkward. None of us spoke a single word and this silence was actually driving me crazy.

"Did you hear about the kidnapping in school?" I asked all of a sudden, causing him to look up from his plate, giving me a confused look. "He woke up and he is fine now," I quickly said and started laughing awkwardly then I proceed to slap myself mentally for even trying but I was desperate.

It was only after a good 5 seconds that he started to laugh a little, probably giving me some face. Then the smile on his face dropped and was replaced with a stoic expression.

"We need to talk."

It's only been a few hours and I already hate this phrase so much.

"Talk?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow at him as I was caught off guard by his sudden statement.

"Yes. Let's go outside."

"But I'm not done with my foo-"

And just like before, I was being dragged out of the restaurant by Jax as I watched him threw some dollar bills on the table and thanked the waiters there on the way out.

"What do you think you are doing?" I snapped at him, pulling my arm away from his strong grip. 

"What am I doing? I'm trying to make things right Shailey. Can't you see that? I have been trying so hard," he said, exasperated as he messed up his hair, turning to look away from me. "Are you still mad at me?" He asked, turning back to look at me, the sparkle that was once in his hazel brown eyes was gone and was replaced by nothing. He looked at me, his eyes looked as though they were pleading me to say no.

"No," I said after awhile. "I'm just upset that you didn't trust me," I told him truthfully.

He let out a loud sigh. "I'm sorry Shailey. I just didn't know how to handle that news. You did sort of drop a big bomb on me that day. I was too harsh, I didn't mean it."

"I know..." I looked down at my wringing hands, avoiding his gaze. " I wanted to tell you the other day but I was afraid of your reaction and everything. I just couldn't bring myself to break this news to you. I was afraid and I still am. I'm so sorry Jax."

Suddenly, his arms snaked around my waist and I let him pull me close to him as my arms hung limply beside me, still unable to react.

My face was buried in his chest and I breathed in the familiar scent of him, my arms slowly reaching up to return the hug.

"Don't be sorry, it's my fault. I shouldn't have reacted that way," Jax mumbled into my ear as I listen to the sound of his beating heart.

"No," I said, pulling away as he looked at me with a raised eyebrow, confusion masked his face.

"No?"

"We are both at fault," I told him as my eyes bored into his chocolate brown ones then my lips curbed upwards into a small smile. "I missed you so much, it was hard trying to stay mad at you," I said as I thought back to the days I purposefully ignored him, effectively cutting off all forms of communication with him.

"And there won't be a day that goes by without me missing you."

A/N:
Yay finally! Writer's block is goneeeee so I'm back here! 😊 Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and share if you like it!

Your support means a lot to me 💕✨

side note- 30 days to my major A lvl exams rip

Much love,
Rachel xoxo

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

93.8K 2.5K 94
☆Ranked #2 in Entertainment on 5/14/18☆ ☆Ranked #92 in Highschool on 6/8/18☆ Freshmen-Junior Year: "You and your lames need to get the fuck up fr...
65.2K 2.3K 31
Kate has finally reached her senior year, the last year of high school life. She was looking forward to it because this is the year where everything...
139K 3.7K 42
(Book 1) #120 in Teen Fiction Suddenly an awkward silence took over the room and we were like magnets, attracted to the sudden beauty of the of the...
197 43 20
At some point everybody begins to get tired of the monotony in their lives. In my personal experience it has caused me to make stupid decisions. One...