A Royal Engagement

Bởi ginaddict

Wang Qing is a modern prince in China. Heir to the throne and the most eligible bachelor of the land. But he... Xem Thêm

Prologue
The King in Waiting
The Screw Up
Inspiration
Backfired
Tail
Old Playmates
Guess the Lie my Friend
The One who Holds the Ring
The Deal
Good Fortune
Settled Debt
JSS is your Friend
Nostalgia
Meet the Family
Headaches
Get to Know Each Other Again
Day One
Hiding Place
Precious Lesson
Dining ala Royal
First Hurdle
Commotion
Balcony
First Outing
At the Cinema
Trouble in Paradise
Positions
Attraction
Paris and Beijing
Weird Friends
What They Are
Attention
Stealthily
Decision
Made Minds
Confession
Course of Action
Virgin
Thrown Away
Safe House
Epiphany
Broken
Press Conference
No more Lies
Enemies
Missing You
Permanent Guard
Protests
Claimed
Happy Place
Sure Thing
Winners and Failures
Engage
Smoke
A New Deal
Everything is Real
Start of Seduction
Fear of the Unknown
Threats
Reasons to Kill
Opening Night
Face to Face
Name of the Game
Mechanism
Hidden Attempt
Frustrated
Cute
Predicament
Dangle
Earthquakes
Investigations
Greedy
Bottom
Gift
Chocolates
Hospital
Bait
Study Material
Elevator
The Attacker
Breakfast in the Afternoon
Getting Ready
Date at Night
Ready
Fiery Night
Suspect
The Consort's Room
Maid
A Reason to Lie
Damage Control
The Princess
Relationship Tree
Trigger Happy
Temper
Pictures
Postponement
A Place to Hide
Family
Two Girls
Complicated
Condition
Dark Moments
Car Chase
Deals Under the Table
Monsters and Devils
Heaven and Hell
Kidnapped
Shattered
Chained
Addresses
Four Friends
Fetish Club
Hostage
Shoot
Conscious
Idiots
Lunchdate
Sugar Lumps
Call
Solution
Deadline
Inquiries
Trace and Clues
All-Nighters
Drugs
Issues
Merry Chase
Games
Farce
Pinnacle
Pressure
Misunderstanding
Pissed
Patience is a Virtue
Pretty Rose
Homecoming
Whine
Without Doubts
Not Yet
Cinderella
Transport
What Matters
Themed Party
Bachelor Party
Kissing
The Wedding Day
Most Wanted
Shackled
Hearts' Wishes
Married
Trust
Port of Tianjin
Strongest Basket
Gone
Past
Mile High Club
The Prince and his Consort

Meeting

6.1K 298 18
Bởi ginaddict

(DAYU)

"I am fine," I said to Qing as I talk to him on the phone when he called me. "I am helping Mama cook lunch. Will you eat with us...what?" Qing said something that I didn't quite catch.

"Don't go out. Stay inside. Tell your parents not to go out too," Qing sounds winded and worried from the other line. "I am coming to get you,"

I felt my heart clank in worry too. "Wang Qing, did something happened again?" I asked him in a nervous tone.

My father looked at me. I shook my head and look down. "Did something happened again?" I whispered to Qing and was about to leave the kitchen when my father's hand on my arm stopped me.

"Ahm...I will explain when I get there. Just...stay put. And don't go out. Stay away from the windows too. I am on my way. I will call again when I am outside your home. Don't worry, Dayu..." then the call ended.

I was in shock when it ended so suddenly. I wanted to smack Qing's head. Don't worry? Did he just told me not to worry? How can I do that when he sounded so frantic? Telling me not to go out or even get near the windows. What?

"Did something happened?" My father asked. I swallowed, "I don't know. Qing is on the way. I am also confuse..."

My father nodded. I look at my Mama who took my hand and squeezed it gently to comfort me.

I decided to sit on our dining table with my father as my Mama continued cooking. The clock ticking on the wall of the kitchen looks like it's mocking me as minutes passed and I wait for Wang Qing to arrive.

Then my phone rang again. It's Qing, "Hello?"

"I am outside," Qing's voice sounded more calm.

"Okay, I will be out." I press the end button and smile at my parents. "Qing is outside." I said before running to the main door.

I went out and smile when I saw Qing standing outside our gate. I walk hurriedly to open it and admit Qing, and Lao...and Chong inside our yard.

I also saw two Palace security cars aside from the marked car of the Crown Prince. Qing had too much security with him. Why?

Something is really wrong if the security detail is like this.

"What is going on?" I asked Qing as we walk together to get to the main door of my parents' home. My father is standing on the door. Looking at us critically.

"Inside," Qing said as he nodded to my father in greeting, "Sir, good..." he stopped, like he is not that sure that it's a good morning anymore.

My father admitted all of us inside the house and close the door himself. "What is going on Qing?" He asked.

"Let them have some refreshments first," my mother said while going out of the kitchen with a tray in her hand. I took it from her, the tray is laden with a pitcher of juice and glasses with ice. "Sit down," my mother said.

But no one is sitting down. Qing put an arm around my waist to keep me from his side. "Heise is missing, love." He said without any preamble.

I felt my heart dropped at that news. I stared at him, then at Chong and Lao. To see if they all come here to prank me. But no, they are all grim faced. All serious.

I gave an awkward laugh, "W-what do you mean missing? He's with the police, right? You turn him over to the police..."

"Today is the turn over. But the police transports and escorts were ambushed almost an hour ago. There was an accident..."

My father walked to get the remote for the TV and turn it on. He put on the new channel and my eyes widened when I saw a breaking news about an accident in the road involving three police cars and two civilian vehicles. One policeman died by gun shot.

Gun shot? What?

"They were ambushed, Dayu ah." Lao answered my silent question. "A group of men took Heise. We are afraid that they helped him to escape."

"Oh my," I lean heavily to Wang Qing and put my head on his chest. Then I look up at him. "Baozang? Where is she? Does she knows?" My first concern is her. Heise took her. She...

"My father is guarding her. He tripled her protection details. She is not allowed to get out of the Palace for now." Qing looked at Lao. "You talked to Uncle Shouwei while we are on the way here. Did you ask him about my sister?"

Lao nodded, "The Princess is angry. She is asking why she needs to hide when she is not afraid of that lower than maggot son of a..." Lao looked at my mother and winced. "She uses colorful and unflaterring descriptions on him."

"Oh I hope she did," my mother said.

My eyes remained on Qing, "What will you do?"

Qing looked at my father first before answering. "Take you and guard you. I will be more careful this time."

I look at my father who sighed, "I want to talk to the King. I think we better go with you to the Palace. Yue, get ready..."

Qing and I breathed in relief. At least my father is not saying his outright no's to Qing's plan of keeping me with him.

My parents and I just changed our clothes. My mom put the dishes she had cooked in containers to take to the Palace. "I will serve this to the Queen Dowager. She loves my stews." My mother sure can lighten the tension filled mood on our home.

I rode with Qing, Lao and Chong in the Prince's SUV while my Baba drove his car with my mother.

When we got to the Palace, we were welcomed by the King and Mr.Shouwei. Lao had called in advance to alert them of our arrival.

"Xin," The King greeted my father. "Let's talk," my father said before turning to Qing. "You can come too," he said.

"What about me?" I asked my Baba. I want to come to the meeting too.

"No," my father shook his head. "Go with your mother and say hello to the Queen Dowager and the Queen."

I was shocked. "But Baba..."

"Just follow him, Dayu ah." Qing stopped me and kissed my lips before walking with the King and my father. Lao winced at me and pat my shoulder before following with Mr.Shouwei. Chong just sighed and followed suit.

They were all invited to the Big Boys meeting except for me? What? Why?!

I mean really...why?!

"Dayu ah..." my mother took my arm and pass the bags with the food container to me. "Come now. You will know everything because Qing will relay that meeting to you. Don't worry."

She walked inside the Palace first. I was left there on the ground floor, staring around. I noticed more people in a security uniform inside the Palace. Looks like everyone are in high alert after the disappearance of the person who kidnapped and hostage the Royal Princess.

I sighed. Well, Qing better told me what that meeting is all about. If he doesn't do that, I will really strangle him. How dare they exclude me? The future Consort...oh damn!

My shoulder slumped as I walk to the direction where my mother walk. Then change my mind and go to the other direction to get to the Palace kitchen. Better deposit the dishes on the kitchen first before greeting the Queens.

I just gritted my teeth when I felt three or four shadows following me. Looks like I am also heavily guarded.

                  -------@--------

(QING)

I don't know if it's wise to exclude Dayu from the meeting but in a way I am glad that he is not here when Dayu's father asked the King.

"Do you think the President is involve? That Heise is his son,"

We all turn silent at that thought. If the President is involve in the case of myterious men taking Heise and in the process, him escaping, then that's a big problem.

How do you exactly accuse a President of a country with that kind of crime?

He has renounced his son. Almost disowning him in public. Releasing statements like he will let justice do it's job and let his son be prosecuted.

How do you exactly ask a President if, after doing and saying those things, did you help your son to escape?

Damn it.

"And if he is involve? What should we do? Call him out? I am the King, but I cannot do that. I already put pressure on him when Heise and Baozang split up. Already castigated him when that hostage scene happened. Filed a restraining order against the President to never come near my daughter. I cannot accuse him of having a hand in this if I don't have enough evidence," my father is clearly frustrated too.

"So Fa Heise is in the wind?" Mr.Feng is not happy with that thought like the rest of us. "What will happen to Dayu now? You said this man confessed to attempting to kill myself a lot of times. What will happen to my son now? And what about Baozang? What will happen to her?"

Mr.Feng is asking all the valid questions.

"I have tightened the security around Baozang..."

"And Dayu?"

"I can take care of Dayu," I finally found my voice. "If you can trust me again, Sir..."

"I trust you Qing, with my son's heart." Mr.Feng said. "Knowing that you also love my son, makes me happy. But with his life? I am not sure. And with this man out again..."

"So what do you want us to do?" My father interjected. "Let Dayu go?"

"NO!" I shouted that made everyone there wince. "I'm sorry, but I cannot let Dayu go." I said in a much lower tone.

"Maybe we can hunt this animal." Chong said. "Postpone the wedding until we caught him."

"For how long?" Lao asked him. "Heise is gone. God knows where he is right now. What if it takes years before you find him? What if you never find him? What will happen to Dayu then? Qing had to marry and have that heir."

Lao is right. There will be no guarantee that we will find Heise that quickly. As we are talking, Chong's brother's people are already on the look out for him. The police force already released a manhunt order for Heise. But none can guarantee us that we will find him tomorrow or next week or next month.

Or if we will ever find him.

I cannot wait indefinitely. Dayu will not wait indefinitely. I have to marry. And start having heirs.

We all grew quiet with those thoughts.

"Marry Dayu..." my father has spoken. "Fast."

"Lei," Mr.Feng face showed displease at that order.

"I'm sorry Xin, but I have to think of the children and the future of the Royal Family. Qing had to marry. He wants to marry your son. The Royal Family need heirs. They have to be married now," my father may sound apologetic but his eyes are determined.

"And if this man went after my son?" Dayu's father cannot let go of what we feared the most.

"We will protect Dayu." The King left his table to walk to Dayu's father. "Xin ah, I know you don't trust me. But please, trust my son. Trust our sons. They will be fine. As long as they are together..."

Mr.Feng's face showed indecisiveness. He loves Dayu. He wants Dayu's happiness. Being married to me will be Dayu's happiness.

But at the same time, the doubt and fear are there. Heise had escaped. He is loose again. Free to plot to kill Dayu again. If Dayu will be unengaged to me, his life will be a lot safer.

But then that will mean giving in to our fear. That is giving Heise power over all of us. Letting a madman control us.

"Let me marry Dayu, Sir." I addressed Mr.Feng. "Let's not give in to fear. Let's not give this man some power over us. Heise would hate for me to get married and begets heir. Well fuck him, I will get married and have heirs if it's the last thing I will do. I will marry Dayu and be happy with him. Have a family with him. Reign with him. But I swear, even if Dayu and I are married, I will never stop hunting for this man. He will need to go underground for me to miss him. And even if he is there, we will smoke him out." I stood staighter. "I will protect Dayu. I promise you that."

Mr.Feng stared at me. Then at my father. He sighed and close his eyes.

And gave me his decision.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

436K 24.2K 131
Dayu had struggled about his sexuality and self worth all his life. He always does what was expected of him: finish his studies, work in the academy...
59.2K 4.6K 94
Wang Yibo was born as a criminal slave and was rescued by the Third Prince. After years of painstaking efforts to put him on the throne, Wang Yibo be...
56K 3.3K 15
Dayu, a junior accountant, is in a ditch in a middle of a twenty million yuan embezzlement case. And the main suspect is him. Wang Qing, VP of Wang...
161K 10.3K 87
*** PLEASE READ STOLEN MEMORIES ARE NEVER FORGOTTEN FIRST****** They say that people change after they get married. Wei Ying and Lan Zhan have been...