For You (manxman)

By joevaljoe89

A boastful position, and a prosperous land to rule. No gift could ever be better for the retiring General in... More

HUNGER
Sourness
Confusing
Sincere
News
An absence
Cursive
When to Stop
Stones and Wood
Gifts
Rightfully
A Subtle Thing
A Small Gift
Ache
Rumor has it

Sweet Bread

197 13 0
By joevaljoe89

My reference for Devin's looks would be with Spencer Sutherland. ^^^ 

898989898989898989

"Warren! Ginger trout! Are you seeing this!?" Devin points at his brother, and their unexpected visitor.

Devin is hiding behind the barely open door and is sneaking a peek inside. If he was a spy, he'd be caught and imprisoned with his level of "skill".Warren being the good page he is, obeyed and looks at the "couple" of "friends" talking and making heart eyes at each other.

Devin grimaces at the scene unfolding. He fake gags, and sticks his tongue out to show his infantile behavior.

"Yes, yes. They seem happy to me."

After the shenanigan that happened, the man called "Roman" explained that he is simply visiting Quentin to catch up on lost time. Roman had not meant to hurt anyone or shatter someone's pride. He said it was the case of his impatience and impulsiveness.

Ser Royce scoffs, but presses no further. He suspects that the knight would only embarrass himself if he asked for a trial by combat. Devin, on the other hand, yaps on about how dangerous it would be if his brother is left in the hands of someone who can harm him. Roman, in his defense, calmly replies that he'd sooner kill himself than do that.

"Are you kidding me?" Devin bites the collar of his tunic, and stomps his feet in show of his distaste, "This is like watching a terrible play."

He can feel a headache coming, "I don't see the problem here."

"The problem is him." The younger of the two pouts, which does not suit him considering his age, "He is poisoning my brother's mind."

He peaks again, and sees Quentin giggle at what Roman whispered in his ear. They are like an elderly couple, all sweet and adorable. That's private. He turns his head away, and leans no further near the door.

"Come now," He pulls Devin to his side and starts forcefully making him walk with him, "Your tutor told me that you've been failing mathematics again."

"I didn't fail anyone or anything. Math's' fault, not mine. It failed me."

8989898989898989

"It looks like your brother and attendant left." Roman gestures his head to the direction of the door and huffs out a laugh.

"I'm really sorry about them." Quentin cast his head down in shame. His cheeks burns in mortification.

"Now, now. None of that." Roman tilts his chin up. He feels ecstatic at the sight of Quentin. He misses this. He misses him. "If I were them, I'd be suspicious too."

"Speaking of," The playful tone came back in his voice, sending a pleasant warmth through him, "Other than missing me." Quentin bashfully tries to keep his stare with him, "What brought you here?"

His cause is really Quentin and nothing or no one else. But after what happened at his fortress, answering honestly right now wouldn't convince him. Roman can't really understand how "slow" he can progress their somewhat budding relationship.

Think of a lie! Come one! Think of a lie!

"I sought out bandits, westward of here." He starts, "Since the job is done, I wanted nothing more than to see you again."

That's good, right? Not overly desperate. Just a casual visit.

No! Idiot, you go and search for criminals with a party, not all by your lonesome. Not that he isn't capable of doing so alone, but he'll easily be suspected at this point.

"My team went home ahead of me." Smooth. Like driving a rusty axe into a huge chunk of lumber. He internally cringes, nothing like being plan- less to make him hate you more. Fool.

A quick flash of concern went through Quentin's features, his eyes searching Roman's face, "Are you alright?" To Roman's dismay, Quentin stands up, "I'll fetch the healers. You stay here."

The taller man moves to stop him, and easily catches him by the waist. "I'm fine."

"But we should always check."

If this was a flimsy one night stand, he'd bite the bait right there, and both of them would be in bed. But this isn't like that, and this isn't some person he'd fuck and leave.

This is Quentin, bold and beautiful. And like that time he forgave him for his slander, too kind.

Quentin looks at him with beseeching eyes. And that's more than he could take.

What is this?

"I'm fine." He says again but not without difficulty. He blinks, wondering if this could be real, "I've checked before travelling here." Saying a lie now feels heavy in his tongue, whereas a lot of people are used to lying that it sounds like the truth in their ears.

A relieved sigh escaped Quentin, "If you're certain." He leans closer, their breaths mingling. As if to make sure, the paler man brushes his cheeks. The fingers glide so smoothly, it's one absorbed gesture, focused and careful "Roman, you are a strong man." He says to himself than to Roman.

It is significant. More like it should be insignificant. Because he has felt the touch of intimacy so many times. And yet, this one is making him crave more.

I am. "I try to be."

His thoughts failed him, when he unconsciously tilt his head more to Quentin's touch. Enjoying the softness and warmth it provides.

But he hears the distant footsteps, and familiar complaints.

He reluctantly lets go of Quentin. The other gives him a puzzled stare, until...

"BROTHER! I AM HERE FOR YOU! MOVE AWAY FROM HIM OR I WILL KNOCK YOU OUT AND THROW YOU IN THE RIVER!" The brat, or Quentin's brother, says aloud. The attendant of theirs close behind.

Quentin must have stopped himself from laughing because he sees a light tremor in his shoulders, "Devin, please be nice to my.." He looks back at Roman, "my friend."

Devin cocks an eyebrow, and jabs at Roman's chest with a finger, "You're not so tough."

The last person who did that to him no longer has fingers. Devin is a lucky boy, he is related to Quentin.

"Enough." Quentin fumes, red in anger and embarrassment, "Young man, that was rude and unnecessary."

He pinches his ear, Devin yelps in surprise. Even Roman almost flinches.

"No sweet bread for you tonight." He chastises his brother. Devin has no choice but to follow, his ear still in between Quentin's fingers.

The attendant coughs to make get their attention, "Master Devin, also did not finish studying."

Devin's jaw falls, the hurt of betrayal is evident.

The lord of the House looks pointedly at his brother, "Extra study time for you, dear brother," He says with an icy tone, "Warren, please deposit Bane on the mount of the dining room's wall. Devin is not allowed to use it for the remainder of the night."

Quentin turns to Roman, "I apologize for the wait however I need to have a talk with my brother and dinner will be served shortly."

Roman was having a good time observing the scene before him that he can't help but give a smug grin, "Please do take your time, Quentin."

8989898989898989

Thank you for reading, guys. Hope you have good day or night. Pax.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283 37 17
Two Years Later, Michael is now a teacher and to be married. He has finally moved on but when Taylor appears back in the city. Michael will have to d...
4.5K 285 11
| ManxMan | - Historical Fiction - Strong SEXUAL Content | Tossed aside for his sexual preferences, a young lord is abandoned by his family. But, he...
18.9K 736 15
The King is quite intimate with someone in the palace. What will happen if a new servant comes in the picture?
52.6K 4.6K 29
A new era has dawned on Roman's kingdom, one that's he feels he's not entirely prepared for. He's used to riding horses into the sunset and attending...