Ishqbaaaz : The Return of Obr...

By Lakshmi1099

Highest rank #21 on 09/02/2018 in fanfictions. 7 years have passed since that fateful day. The day when the f... More

Author speaking ;)
Prologue
Shivaay
Shivika
Rudra
Rumya
Omkara
Rikara
Dadi
Flashback.
Flashback 2
The truth.
Fear.
Memories and more..
Journeys.
The dilemma.
When the past comes knocking.
New beginnings
Home Sweet Home(Part A)
Home Sweet Home(Part B)
Morning stress.
Conspiracies
Bonds.
The meet.
Confrontations
Introductions.
Revelations.
Lost in time.
Forgive and Forget?
The Welcome.
When the unexpected happens.
The Breaking News.
The mastermind's plan.
Suspicions.
The rise.
Untitled
The call.
Choices and Consequeces
Preparations
The past.
The Homecoming.
Homecoming (Part B)
Relations?
Continue??
Conflicts.
Mine.
I've got your back,Di
Outside the bubble.
The party.
The limit
The ties that bind

Relations

9.2K 457 75
By Lakshmi1099

Thank you for the votes and comments.It really means a lot.💗

So keep voting🌟 and commenting.😁

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Ma'am I have managed to get you an appointment without Shivaay sir's knowledge but I really cannot give you any guarantee regarding his reaction on seeing you after so long.So ma'am ek aur baar soch lijiye."Mishra advised.

Jhanvi knew that it was a huge risk that she was taking.She knew that Shivaay had been diligently avoiding his encounter with any Oberoi by carefully scheduling his appointments. She knew that it was her last chance to make things all right because if she failed to utilize this opportunity,then Shivaay will further distance himself from them to such an extent that they would not be able to find him for the rest of their lifetime."Maine soch liya hai,Mishra.Mein Shivaay se mile bina nahi jaoongi."Jhanvi replied with full confidence and walked to Shivaay's cabin.

She knocked on the door and after hearing Shivaay's "Come in".She stepped in.

Shivaay was sitting on his chair behind his desk reading a file when he heard her.Taking his eyes off his file,he casually looked over the person who had come to meet him.

But as soon as his eyes landed on the familiar figure at the door,he felt all of his body go numb with shock.Even when his mind was hazy with the shock,the small attentive part of his brain registered that the file he was holding,had dropped down to the floor from his hands and he had stood up from his chair.Badi maa.

Shivaay was shocked out of wits and Jhanvi could see that.She took a tentative step forward and called out in the meek voice that she could gather at this particular moment."Shivaay"

That was all that was required for Shivaay to snap out of his shock and rush forward to hug her,nearly toppling his chair overfrom the sudden movement.

Now it was Jhanvi's turn to be stunned.She had expected some kind of withdrawal from his side after these seven years,but he simply rushed forward to hug her.Jhanvi couldn't help the overwhelming emotions bubbling inside her and she hugged her son back with tear filled eyes.

Seeing shivaay awkwardly trying to wipe his tears Jhanvi chuckled.Shivaay never cried in front of anyone because when he cried his brothers would cry with him.Still the same.thought Jhanvi.

  As the emotions of seven years and an the shock of an unexpected meeting subsided,Both Jhanvi and Shivaa became aware of the awkward silence that was settling in.Shivaay attempted to break the silence. 

"Come badi maa have a seat"he took Jhanvi gently by her arm and made her sit on one of the Office visitors chair and then sat on the other chair himself.Jhanvi looked around the interior of Shivaay's office.

Unable to control his curiosity,Shivaay asked Jhanvi,"Ghar pe ab kaise hai,Badi maa"

"Nobody is fine Shivaay.After you went nothing is fine in the Oberoi mansion."She replied, surprising Shivaay.

Shivaay pulled his chair closer to Jhanvi's, held her hand and asked in a soft tone trying his best to keep his anxiety under control,"Badi maa kya hua?Tell me what happened?"

Jhanvi realized that this was the chance she was waiting for,to tell Shivaay of all that happened, after he left the mansion.She took a deep breath and steeled herself to relive the painful memories. Jhanvi filled in Shivaay of all the events that unfolded after his departure making sure not to miss a single detail. From Tej's betrayal to the revelation,From divorce papers to Om's exit from the OM.Every single thing.

After hearing all that Jhanvi had to tell him,Shivaay didn't know how to react.He couldn't decide whether he should be happy that everyone knows about his innocence or be sad that he was the ultimate reason because of which his brothers left the house.

Did they miss him like he missed them or had they learnt to live without him.Would they still be searching for him or would they have removed him from their memories and move forward in their lives.Shivaay wondered.

And then there was Badi maa's divorce.It was just too much information for him to process in one go.

"Shivaay you have to come back.Your dadaji's birth anniversary is just two weeks away and mummiji wants all three of you to be present at the Maha Aarti.Morever since everyone in the Oberoi mansion now knows that you are innocent there is no need for you to stay away from all of us.We all need you Shivaay,come back please."

Shivaay's mind was still trying to process the information that his badi maa had just revealed.His mind was still reeling with the sudden revelation so, he couldn't fully grasp what Jhanvi was saying .Dadaji.Maha arti.Oberoi mansion.Come back.

Once again history repeats itself and brought him back to that crucial point where his one decision will decide his future.His mind subconsciously recalled the hatred he had witnessed for himself in his uncle's eyes.Even if his plans were exposed seven years ago still the fire of the raw hatred and fury in his eyes had not dimmed even a little.

'Probably he blames me for Omru's departure as well' mused Shivaay.

But on the other side was Dadi and the others who had pinned all their hopes on his return to set things right.Shivaay really didnot know what to do in this situation and how to tackle it without hurting anybody.

Shivaay looked up from his hands to meet Jhanvi's tear filled eyes that were begging him to come back.

"Badi maa,I promise that I will find Omru before the Maha Aarti and will make sure that they are present there on that day."Seeing the happiness that his words bought on Jhanvi's face,Shivaay again bend his head to look at his hands because he knew that his next words will surely rob those beautiful eyes of their current happiness which he couldn't bear to witness."I will make sure that they are present in the Maha Aarti but I will not come."

Shivaay knew that his decision to not attend the mahaarti must have been a rude shock to his badi maa but he just couldn't take the chance again.His badi maa said that all of them needed him but the truth was that still there werehis enemies and the enemies of the Oberoi family in general waiting in the background, for an opportunity to target him. And as of now,the easiest and the most obvious way to hurt him will be targetting Anika and Naira. For seven years, he had kept their relation away from the media and the world so that his old enemies wouldnot target them to get to him.But now going back to the Oberoi mansion will invite more media attention to his personal life which will only put Anika and Naira in danger.No,he couldnt afford to do that.

"I will meet Omru and all of you but I will not come back to Oberoi Mansion or to the Maha-aarti."Shivaay clarified.

"Kyun Shivaay Why?Ab tum vapas kyun nahi aaonge?Jab sabko sach pata chal gaya hai,tumhe humse door rehne ki koi zaroorat nahi hai.Tumhe Oberoi mansion lautna chahiye."

"Badi maa baat kabhi sach yaa jhoot ki nahi thi.Baat bharose ki thi.The fact that Mr Oberoi had presented a lie about me didn't hurt me as much as it did, to see Omru believing that lie.Mujhe bahut dard hua yeh dekh kar ki Omru ko mujpar itna bhi barosa nahi hai.They believed the lie that day because in some corner of their heart they believed that I was capable of doing something as monstrous as that.They believed that I could fall to any level for business that is what hurt me.Not only them but the whole family believed it..."

"Shivaay,I accept that all of us had erred that day but lets together make an effort rectify the mistakes.Lets make a fresh new start.Whatever happened in these seven years lets forget it.Hum milkar inn saat saal ko bhool jate hai aur sab kuch pehle jaisa banane ki koshish karte hai."

Forget and move on.No badi maa I can forget these seven years and nor do I want to.Mein Naira aur Anika ko nahi kho sakta."Badi maa,so many things have changed in these seven years.It is impossible for me to forget these seven years."

"Shivaay poora pariwaar chahta hai ki tum vapas aao.Humare liye vapas aoo Shivaay."

"Badi maa poora pariwaar nahi chahta ki mein vapas aoo."Shivaay almost shouted. Realizing that he was speaking in a high tone,Shivaay turned to the huge glass window to calm down and continued,"Mr Oberoi still hates me and he will try all the ways to hurt me.So I am just trying to stay clear from the mess.There are many such people in my life whom I cant afford to loose."

"Shivaay when I came here I knew that it will not be an easy job to convince you to come back because you will try to protect yourself from further hurt.Kehte haina,Once bitten,twice shy.But now,even after me telling you about all the events that happened after you went,you are still scared of something.Your eyes hold a fear.You are scared of loosing something.Something that you think that you will risk or loose if you come back to the Oberoi mansion.What is that thing that is equally or maybe more important to you than the Oberoi family?"

Shivaay did not want to answer that question.He did not want to pull Anika and Naira into the mess that his uncle had created.Shivaay forced his brain to come up with some logical explanation."Badi maa,voh..."

Shivaay was interrupted by the ringing of his office phone.Tired and irritated with all the shocks and revelations,Shivaay was at his extreme patience level. Pressing the loudspeaker button he answered the call,

"Mishra,not now."Shivaay snapped.

"Sir.Its important."

"Kya hai?"

"Sir actually you wanted a reminder about the arrival timings of the flight in which Mrs Oberoi and Ms Oberoi are travelling.Sir,I just wanted to remind you that they will be landing here in 45 minutes."Mishra informed not knowing the effect that his words were having on the two people listening to it.

Shivaay knew that it was over."OK mishra."he sighed.

"Sir,if you are busy shall I arrange a car to pick them up from the airport."

"No thank you,Mishra.I will personally pick them up."

Shivaay ended the call and leaned against the glass table with his hands supporting him.He knew that he will now,have to answer so many questions.But now there was no option.

He took a deep breath to compose himself and he turned around to see Jhanvi staring at the wall behind him with unfocused eyes. She looked like as if she was trying to process all that she had heard.

"Badi maa"Shivaay called out gently waking up Jhanvi from her thoughts.

Mrs Oberoi,Ms Oberoi."Tumne shaadi ki Shivaay?"Jhanvi asked Shivaay.Shivaay kept his silence.Taking his silence as his 'yes',Jhanvi continued in a barely audible voice."Kisse?"

"Anika se"

"Anika?"Jhanvi wondered.

Is it our Anika?No Jhanvi there are so many people with the same name,It must be some other person,it has to be someone else.

"Anika?"whispered Jhanvi.Shivaay kept quiet to let Jhanvi join the puzzle pieces herself.He sensed her direction of thoughts and silently nodded at her question to let her know that what ever she was thinking was absolutely right."Humari Anika?Par Shivaay uski toh shaadi ho chuki hai and she even has a daughter.."Jhanvi stopped.Another part of the picture joined in... Daughter...Ms Oberoi.

Suddenly all the confusion in her head started clearing up and all the puzzle pieces started to connect to reveal the whole picture.

"Daughter...Anika's daughter.Voh bacchi tumhari aur Anika ki beti hai. Haina Shivaay?"Jhanvi looked at Shivaay to confirm her thoughts.The look in Shivaay's eyes confirmed her suspicions.She sat down with a thud on the couch behind her with her mind still reeling with the information.

"Tumhe pata hai Shivaay, jab mein aur mummiji tumhe dhoondne London gaye the na, toh hospital mein.."

"You both met Anika and she told you about her marriage but did not reveal the fact that I am her husband."Shivaay completed for her.

"Tumhe kaise pata Shivaay?"asked Jhanvi who was genuinely curious.

"Anni had told me that she met both of you at the hospital."

Jhanvi was quick to notice the name that Shivaay calls Anika. Even if this was a serious moment she couldn't help the playful side of hers, from teasing Shivaay."Anni?"She feigned innocence.

Shivaay knew his Badi maa a little too well to fall for her innocent face.He knew that she was teasing him."I meant, Anika"he quickly corrected to prevent Jhanvi from teasing him further.Jhanvi laughed softly at Shivaay who was embarrassed at his unintentional slip of the tongue.

"But on a serious note Shivaay.I cant just believe that you married Anika and you both have a daughter because the last time I checked you both used to fight like cats and dogs.And look at you now,you not only married Anika but also have a daughter...Though everybody in the house secretly wished that both of you end up together but we didn't expect it to happen in real keeping in mind your Naam,Khoon,Khaandaan belief.How did this miracle happen.Just how?"

"Badi maa,the story is pretty long,will tell you someday in detail."

"Ok fine.Just make sure that you do tell me one day."Jhanvi hesitated before speaking her next words,"Shivaay,I met Anika that day but couldn't meet your daughter.Do you have any photo of .."Jhanvi trailed off,suddenly realizing that she didn't even know the name of her own granddaughter.

"Niharika"Shivaay said making Jhanvi look up to him from her chair in confusion."Her name is Niharika Singh Oberoi.We call her Naira."Shivaay then sat down on a chair near Jhanvi and started showing her Naira's pictures.

Niharika.The one who possesses great beauty. And true to her name, Niharika was a beautiful child. With Shivaay's enigmatic eyes, his complexion and with Anika's lustrous black curls she was indeed the perfect mixture of the qualities from both her parents.There were pictures from the time Naira was born to the most recent one she clicked on the night before Shivaay's flight.With each picture,Shivaay was adding his own references making Jhanvi feel as if she had lived through Naira's childhood in a span of mere 10 minutes.

"Shivaay,all of us missed so much of Naira's life.Only if she was in the Oberoi mansion all these years,all of us together would have spoiled her rotten,isnt it?The past cannot be changed but I am sure that once she comes to the Oberoi mansion she will have......"Jhanvi stopped as the reality hit her like a bolt of lightening."Par Shivaay voh toh kabhi Oberoi mansion aayegi hi nahi.She will never know that....she is a part of the Oberoi...Oberoi family.Usse kabhi..Kabhi humare baare mein paata nahi chalega,na?"Jhanvi sobbed when she realized that Shivaay took the decision of staying away from the Oberoi mansion and the Maha aarti just to keep Naira and Anika away from the Oberoi family.

"Badi maa ..."Shivaay put aside his phone and tried to console Jhanvi.

Jhanvi gently pushed Shivaay's hands away as he tried to wipe her tears."Nahi Shivaay,Why do you want to keep Naira away from us?Do you hate us so much that you don't think that she is safe with us?Or.."

"No,Badi maa.Aisi koi baat nahi hai.Aapko pata haina ki mein Naira ko aap logon se door nahi rakna chahta but I want to keep her away from Tej Singh Oberoi because I know that he will cross any limits in his hate.I just don't want to take a chance."

"Shivaay,I understand your concerns and as a father and a husband you are right at your stance to ensure the safety of Naira and Anika.But don't you think that you are being a coward by running away from problems rather than facing it?Being an Oberoi,you have always faced threats both to your life and to the Oberoi family but you have tackled those situations very well and ensured everyones safety.This time also I am confident that you will handle this.Also you will have the whole family with you.We will not let Tej win this time."

"Badi maa,I admit that I have faced life threatening situations,situations where the lives of people whom I love the most were at stake earlier also,but all those times it was me against an outsider but this time I am fighting against a person from my own family.A person who has seen me grow into what I am today,a person who knows my strengths and my weaknesses.Here Mr Oberoi knows that family is my weakness.He used the same family against me,seven years ago and even after all this time,he will not hesitate to use Naira and Anika to hurt me.I just cant loose them badi maa.I just cant."

Shivaay rested his head against Jhanvi's hand which was holding on to his and let his tears flow.

Why couldn't his life be simpler.Why does it have to be so complicated.A scheming uncle.A detached father.A mother who chose money and luxury over her own son.Brothers who were ashamed of the fact that he was their brother.A badi maa who cared for him like her own.A wife who loved and stood by him when he had nothing.A daughter who loves him to the ends of the world.A brother in law who was like his own son.So many relations all tangled into a big mess and he had to choose.How could he do that?It was like somebody was asking him to choose between two things that are equally precious to him.

Jhanvi understood the dilemma that Shivaay was going through and how painful it must for him, to make a decision.She ran her free hand through Shivaay's hair in order to comfort him.

"You did the right thing Shivaay."Jhanvi's reassurance somehow gave Shivaay the strength and assurance that he needed at this moment.

Shivaay lifted his head from their hands and "I promise you Badi maa that I will find Omru before the Maha aarti.They will be there for Dadaji's birthday.I promise."

"I know Shivaay ki tum sab theek kar doge."

Shivaay smiled a little at Jhanvi's words.She believed that he would make things all right and Shivaay vowed in his mind to give his 100% to honor the trust that his Badi maa showed in him.

"Badi maa,I have to go.Anika and Naira's flight is about to land and I have pick them up from the airport.Aap bhi chalo na saath mein."he offered.

"No Shivaay,not today.Some other day."Shivaay picked up his coat and other things from the table and walked down to the parking area with Jhanvi.

"Phir mein aapko drop kar deta hoon."

"No,mein chali jaoongi.I have my car.You should get going because you are getting late."Shivaay had to agree to that.He was indeed getting late.

Bidding Jhanvi good bye,Shivaay drove away to the airport to pick up his wife and daughter.As soon as Shivaay's car was out of sight,Jhanvi took out her mobile to tell her mummiji who was still in the dark about her meeting Shivaay.She wanted to come with Dadi to meet Shivaay but soon opted against it because she herself was not sure whether she would be able to meet Shivaay and even if she does she couldn't predict his reaction.She didnot want to give false hopes to the old lady only to shatter it later.But now after it went better than what she had expected she wanted to tell her mummiji about the meet.But soon,she decided against it.

She wanted to give Shivaay sometime to think over his decision without any emotional influence.Maybe it was because she still had a hope in some corner of her heart that shivaay will change his decision and come back to the Oberoi mansion.But whatever decision he takes,Jhanvi wanted it to be his own one and not any decision taken in the flow of the moment or under the emotional influence of any other person.Deciding to wait for his final take,Jhanvi walked to her car with a lighter heart and a jolly mood.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of you maybe confused with Shivaay's decision and his reaction.So any questions please feel free to ask.

Authors note:This update was supposed to come much earlier but I lost the original update that I had typed,because of some technical glitch.So I had to type the whole update all over again.Not sure whether I have been able to portray the emotions the way I wanted it to but still,since you guys were so supportive and encouraging I finally decided to update it.

Keep voting and leave you feedback for faster updates.😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 22.7K 57
#38 in fanfiction (24/12/17) #24 in fanfiction (31/12/17) #17 in fanfiction (1/1/18) Its a story abt our fav couple shivika❤️ What happens when life...
82.1K 8.5K 16
Unrequited. Maybe or maybe not. What is assured is: - a few lies, sweet, sour and a bit of spice. - adorable devars who make their brother jealous...
64.1K 6.4K 41
👮‍♀️🤍🤵 Anika: Strange right? The murder happened in Oberoi Mansion buy nobody knows that girl Shivaay: Why the hell are you behind my family? I kn...
93.7K 10.9K 16
"𝓢𝓱𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓭𝓷'𝓽 𝓭𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓻𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓸𝔂𝓪𝓵𝓽𝔂 𝓼𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓼 𝓸𝓯𝓯𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓪𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓼𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓭 𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓬𝓽𝓾𝓪𝓵 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓽...