Flowerstar's Judgement {COMPL...

De DawnfireOfSkyClan

Can you trust your own judgement..? The forest is peaceful, the four Clans are living in harmony and everythi... Mai multe

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 6

710 24 8
De DawnfireOfSkyClan

"Hold your body still, and step lightly. A mouse will feel the vibrations in the ground if you step too hard." Owlfoot explained, Flowerpaw placed her paw on the forest floor. Shifting a leaf slightly. "Too hard, if I can hear the leaf from where I am then I know for a fact that a mouse would be able to hear you." Flowerpaw looked at the leaf, trying to focus on making her pawsteps lighter. How am I supposed to step any lighter than I am? I'll move like a turtle! Despite everything, she tried stepping once more. "Still too hard." Owlfoot said sternly. "You're rushing yourself, you're trying to make it go by quickly.

Owlfoot crouched down beside Flowerpaw, placing his paw forward. It was essentially silent, not making any sound and not moving any leaves on the ground. Flowerpaw watched everything about his paw steps. Don't rush it. She told herself. Flowerpaw looked at the forest floor, taking another step but moving slowly and setting it down gingerly.

"Better." Owlfoot nodded. "Now try creeping forward, every paw step needs to be silent. It may take a while for you to catch the mouse, but if you rush then you won't catch it at all." Flowerpaw nodded and began moving forward, making sure her pawsteps were silent. "I understand it may be difficult now and you're focusing very hard on stepping lightly. Soon, though, it will come as natural to you as breathing."

Flowerpaw wondered how she could get used to stepping so lightly, but she would certainly try. She kept moving forward with her silent pawsteps until she had moved several foxlengths away from Owlfoot. "Not bad, you're getting better." Flowerpaw stood up, feeling more confident in herself from Owlfoot's praise. "Each piece of prey is different, that's why the other Clans might hunt things that SunClan cats don't. For example; MoonClan cats hunt rabbits because they're faster than we are. LichenClan cats like hunting birds, they have powerful legs that allow them to jump farther. AshClan cats eat a lot of prey similar to us, but have different techniques to deal with their different territory." Owlfoot sniffed the air. "However, if it's in our territory and you see a chance to catch it, feel free to catch any kind of prey. No cat will turn their nose up at prey."

"Will I learn from you how to catch rabbits?" Flowerpaw questioned, tilting her head.

"I'll teach you once you have mastered other hunting methods, rabbits don't frequently cross into our territory so you'll need to know how to catch what's in our territory. Squirrels, mice, voles and birds." Owlfoot looked around, his green eyes scanning the forest. He turned back and looked down at Flowerpaw who was still thinking about her hunting techniques. "Let's head back to camp, we'll be joining a patrol here shortly. Get something to eat and prepare to leave."

Flowerpaw didn't complain, she began following her mentor through the forest and back towards SunClan's camp. "When will I actually go hunting?" Flowerpaw questioned, she had been an apprentice for a few days now and had just spent the past few days learning how to hunt but hadn't practiced her skills on actual prey yet. She wanted to hunt, she wanted to provide for her Clan. That's why I'm an apprentice. She was already way behind her sister when it came to training and she wanted to catch up.

"Probably tomorrow." Owlfoot replied. "I know you want to hunt but I want you to take your time, you have several moons before you'll become a warrior. Good warriors aren't made by rushing, they're made by patience and learning." Flowerpaw snorted. Does he ever stop meowing about patience. She twitched her ears and silenced herself, not speaking the entire walk back to camp.

Flowerpaw stepped into camp and watched Owlfoot approach his mate, Firetail. Flowerpaw turned away, scanning the camp to see who was all here. She spotted Sunpaw sharing a piece of prey with Honeypaw outside the medicine cat den, Tallfern and Marshpelt were sunning themselves outside the nursery, their bellies slowly growing in size. Flowerpaw was excited for more kits, but SunClan didn't really have the room for any more apprentices.

Flowerpaw's eyes traveled to the back of camp where she spotted Stormpaw and Applepaw entering camp with bundles of moss in their jaws. Judging from the light of humor in their eyes, they seemed to be pretty close. She's been an apprentice for a whole moon, it's not strange that she would have befriended one of the apprentices. The familiar uneasy feeling of feeling left out clawed at Flowerpaw's heart once more. We're the same age, She thought sadly. But it feels like Stormpaw is moons ahead of me, like we're two different ages. She dropped her head slightly, she hoped that this feeling wouldn't last.

Stormpaw and Applepaw went to the elder's den and nursery to deliver their moss. While they did that, Flowerpaw grabbed herself a mouse from the fresh-kill pile to eat. She brought it to the apprentice den where she began to quickly eat it before the patrol was going to set off.

She took a bite and heard the rustling of the camp's entrance as Falconclaw and Thornpaw returned from their training. Flowerpaw lifted her head and watched as Falconclaw dismissed Thornpaw. She caught his amber gaze and he approached her, looking incredibly exhausted. "How's it going?" She greeted kindly.

"Tiring." Thornpaw let out a yawn and sat down beside her. "I've been out training since dawn."

"Dawn?" Flowerpaw felt a pang of sympathy for Thornpaw, it was late afternoon and he had just returned home from training. "What kind of training takes that long to do."

"Falconclaw's kind of training." He grumbled, twitching his tail in annoyance. "His training is endless, it doesn't matter if it's hunting or fighting he takes it way too seriously." Thornpaw sighed, lifting his head and gazed towards the sky. "I love providing for my Clan, but training shouldn't make me feel like I'm going to die."

"I'm sorry." Flowerpaw looked at the tired apprentice, his body looked slumped and his eyes were dull with exhaustion. She also noticed a semi-fresh looking scratch down his shoulder. "What happened there?" She motioned towards the injury.

Thornpaw looked at his shoulder, giving the wound a slight sniff. "I tripped over a log, a sharp rock scratched me. It's not a big deal, it didn't really hurt." He shrugged and looked back towards the camp. "Injuries happen." He turned his head, looking at Flowerpaw with a slightly playful gleam in his amber eyes. "You of all cats should know that."

Flowerpaw nudged him playfully, laughing slightly. "True, but at least yours didn't make you stay in the medicine cat den for four moons."

"That is very true." Thornpaw chuckled and let out a yawn. His looked to his left where Flowerpaw saw Owlfoot approaching them.

"I suppose that's him coming to get me for a patrol." She quickly ate the rest of of her mouse and stood up. Flowerpaw glanced over her shoulder at Thornpaw. "You should get some rest and maybe get that scratch checked out." Thornpaw nodded and Flowerpaw met up with Owlfoot. "Is it time for the patrol?" She questioned.

Owlfoot nodded. "Yes, we'll be joining Flintstripe, Slatepaw, Alderfang, Nightwing and Frostclaw." He looked towards the entrance of camp where the cats he listed were starting to gather. "We're patrolling the AshClan border." Flowerpaw nodded along and followed her mentor over towards the front of camp.

"Are we all ready?" Nightwing asked when Flowerpaw and Owlfoot approached. All the cats nodded in agreement. "Then let's head out." The patrol exited the camp and Flowerpaw walked close by Owlfoot. Leaf-fall was starting to take hold of the forest, days were chillier and leaves slowly fell from the trees in shades of brown and gold.

The patrol walked through the chilly forest as the sun slowly started to fall and the sky became the beautiful pink and red shades of dusk. Flowerpaw enjoyed watching the sun go down, it made the sky look like something out of a dream. Flowerpaw could smell the AshClan border rising up in the distance and the very tips of the pine trees poking up over the trees of SunClan territory.

They approached the AshClan border, but the scent seemed to be stronger than usual. Beside Flowerpaw, Owlfoot tensed. He sniffed the air and narrowed his eyes. Flowerpaw looked to the other members of the patrol who seemed to have noticed the same scent difference. Nightwing stepped closer to the border, staring into AshClan's territory. "I know there's cats around here, show yourselves."

Flowerpaw took a step back as a large patrol of AshClan warriors stepped out of the trees. In the lead was a large gray tabby she-cat with challenging green eyes. She had several warriors at her sides who all looked threateningly at the SunClan patrol. Nightwing stepped up to the border, holding her head high. "Ivyheart." Nightwing's voice was stern. "May I ask why you've pushed the limits of our border?"

"A command from Goldenstar." Ivyheart mewed, malice flicking in her green eyes. "It's only the beginning of leaf-fall and AshClan is experienced issues with prey. We came her to ask Foxstar to provide us with a section of your territory."

"Goldenstar is a mouse-brain if she thinks that Foxstar will give up any of SunClan's territory." Frostclaw hissed, her green eyes sharp. "All Clans struggle with prey in the colder seasons, we're not giving up our territory and prey for you."

Ivyheart sighed, unsheathing her claws. Flowerpaw tensed, she noticed Owlfoot taking a small step to stand in front of her protectively. "SunClan cats are always so selfish." She twitched her tail. "Another Clan is in need and you turn us away."

"SunClan cats are not selfish." Nightwing mewed, almost in a growl. "I understand that AshClan is struggling but SunClan cannot sacrifice our own future prey for your sakes. We have to look out for our own warriors first."

"So you speak for Foxstar now?" A dark gray tabby growled. "This is why I said we should speak directly to Foxstar and not some random warrior."

"Pardon me, Jayclaw." Nightwing said, her voice cold. "But I have been serving Foxstar longer than you've been a warrior. Just because I'm not leader or deputy doesn't mean anything. Foxstar respects all of his senior warriors, and you can talk to Foxstar if you want but you won't be stepping a single paw into SunClan territory."

"How can we speak to Foxstar if we can't enter your territory?" Ivyheart tilted her head, narrowing her eyes.

"You could wait here," Alderfang grumbled. "Or wait until the next gathering where Goldenstar could talk to Foxstar herself."

"Speaking of," Flintstripe twitched his tail. "Since Jayclaw so rudely insulted Nightwing by saying she wasn't leader, why isn't Goldenstar here herself? Instead she sends her deputies and a pawful of arrogant warriors."

"That is none of your business." Hissed a black she-cat, lashing her tail. "We simply came here to ask but it looks like you SunClan fox-hearts want to start a fight."

"SunClan wants no such quarrel, Ravenfur." Nightwing dipped her head. "I simply find your request to be absurd and your warriors to be quite rude. No fighting needs to happen here if you'll just turn back and return to your territory."

"I'm not leaving," Ivyheart stepped dangerously close to the territory, Flowerpaw grew increasingly more nervous. "Until I speak to Foxstar, and I'd prefer not to wait."

"Step into my territory and you will face the wrath of my warriors, Ivyheart." Nightwing spat the she-cats name like poison. She held Ivyheart's dangerous green gaze, both she-cats unsheathed their claws.

"Flowerpaw." Owlfoot's whisper in her ear caused her to nearly jump out of her pelt. She looked up at her mentor, meeting his serious green gaze. "If I fight breaks out I want you to run to camp, I do not want you fighting."

"But--" Owlfoot cut her off with a hiss.

"You have no battle training, most of these cats are fully grown. You run towards camp and send help our way. Do not argue with me." Flowerpaw could feel the seriousness of his tone, she didn't answer, she just swallowed the knot in her throat and nodded.

"Nightwing, you do not want to fight us." Ivyheart warned, inching closer to the border. The tabby she-cat looked over her shoulder at her patrol and gave a nod. In a heartbeat, the AshClan cats were swarming over the border and attacking the SunClan patrol. Frostclaw was taken down by Ravenfur and Alderfang was tackled by a dark gray tom. There were more cats in the AshClan patrol then there was in the SunClan patrol, and they were quickly overtaken. Flowerpaw couldn't hesitate, she had to follow Owlfoot's commands and go back to camp for help. I can't fight, but I can run.

Flowerpaw saw a tortoiseshell she-cat running towards her, but the AshClan cat was thrown to the ground by Owlfoot. He looked at her, motioning with his eyes to run. Flowerpaw nodded and quickly turned, running into the forest as fast as she could. It wasn't long before her leg began to hurt, but she ignored it. My patrol needs me!

Flowerpaw ran as hard as she possibly could until SunClan's camp came into view, she nearly exploded into it and stumbled when she entered. She kicked up dirt and grass as she came to a stop in camp, her Clanmates looked at her with alarm. "AshClan is attacking Nightwing's patrol at the border." She exclaimed, struggling to catch her breath.

"How many warriors?" Mallownose asked, her and Foxstar quickly running from the SunTree.

"A lot, more than our patrol." Flowerpaw replied, sitting down and resting her painful leg.

"I want all capable warriors to come with me right away, we want to drive out the AshClan patrol." Foxstar called out to the warriors of SunClan. "If we show up with the majority of the Clan they should run off pretty quickly." The SunClan cats quickly gathered and began leaving the camp, Flowerpaw couldn't help but notice that Stormpaw was among them. Please be safe.

The other apprentice, Crowpaw, Thornpaw, Tigerpaw, Bramblepaw and Rainpaw all remained as they probably had the same amount of battle training as she did, which was none. Thornpaw padded over to her with concern in his amber eyes. "Are you okay?"

Flowerpaw nodded. "I'm fine, just worried and my leg hurts." She looked at the leg she had injured and sighed. "I just hope that the patrol will be okay before help arrives." Thornpaw nodded. Flowerpaw heard scuffling from the medicine cat den and looked up to see Feathernose and Honeypaw preparing herbs. They're getting ready to treat any wounds. I can only hope that no cat will be too injured.

The moon was almost fully in the sky by the time Flowerpaw heard the patrol returning. She lifted her head from her position resting outside the apprentice den and looked towards the camp entrance. They walked in, Foxstar at the head with Mallownose at his side. "What happened?" Marshpelt questioned from the nursery, her green eyes filled with concern.

"We showed up and Ivyheart called her warriors to retreat." Foxstar replied. "I wish we could've gotten there sooner but no warrior was severely injured." Flowerpaw's eyes scanned the crowd for both Stormpaw and Owlfoot. She spotted her sister walking beside Firetail, both injury free but Stormpaw had excitement bubbling in her blue eyes. Owlfoot was walking close to the two of them, he had blood on his face. It appeared to be coming from a wound near his eye, but it didn't look dangerous and he had a gentle look in his eyes. Flowerpaw sighed with relief. Thank StarClan every cat is okay.

The cats who had been in the patrol made their way to the medicine cat den. The worst injury seemed to be on Frostclaw, she had deep looking wound on her side and walked with a heavy limp but she still had a bright, energetic light in her eyes. Flowerpaw felt relieved, but she was slightly annoyed with AshClan. Why would we give up our own territory for them? We have cats to feed too! With a snort Flowerpaw turned towards the apprentice den, she just wanted to sleep after experiencing that battle. She curled up in her nest and prayed to StarClan that AshClan would have some sense in the future and that her Clanmates would be safe.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

2K 24 24
"Beware; an ember blown carelessly through the breeze can engulf the whole forest in flame..." An ominous prophecy unfolds as two kits in EmeraldCla...
334K 14.3K 47
Rainkit is what is considered a mistake. Her parents, clan, and any other cat that looks at her face flinches. She is renamed on her mother's request...
17.3K 722 39
Experience some of the darkest stories from some of the Clan's most damaged warriors through their own perspective. Squirreltail was an incredibly lo...
18.2K 751 45
"You are our future..." Three sisters born into the most ferocious Clan in the forest, their entire lives of ahead of them. Riverkit is ambitious wi...