Treat Me Like a Game, and Ill...

By xX_kara_Xx

The athlete superstar, Luke Rivers, gets girls right and left because of his looks and charm. But, he's an as... More

Treat Me Like a Game, and Ill Show You How Its Played
Chapter 1: Meet Luke
Chapter 2: Shoot Me Now
Chapter 3: No...
Chapter 4: Rejected. But That's Your Fault
Chapter 5: Meet Riley...
Chapter 6: I Don't Like Him...
Chapter 7: Meeting on 2 Fronts
Chapter 8: Bright Lights
Chapter 9: Open Your Eyes!
Chapter 10: Visiting Hours
Chapter 11: Long Distance Friend
Chapter 12: Jade's Way to get Him Jealous
Chapter 13: Are You Joking?
Chapter 15: I Could Feel It
Chapter 16: Silent and Not Awake
Chapter 17: Electricity
Chapter 18: Stupidity and Drunk Teens Will be the Death of Me
Chapter 19: Not So Pleasent Surprise
Chapter 20: I Have Something To Show You
Chapter 21: Living in the Moment
Chapter 22: Let the Bluntness Begin
Epilouge: In a Heavenly State of Mind
NEW BOOK!!!

Chapter 14: Cherry on the Top

5K 114 48
By xX_kara_Xx

The week flew by like a racecar and before I knew it, it was Friday. Friday also known as the day of the party. The party where all the populars go to, not nerds like me, and where nerds like me are, the populars aren't there. They are like lioness, they hunt for the higher ranks of the popularity...system lets call it. Little do they know that it will get them no where in life, besides a job at Burger King or Taco Bell or where-ever. Some are like bears, chameleons, rats- I'm starting to ramble aren't I?

"So what are you wearing tonight?" Jade whispers while elbowing my side.

"Um. I guess jeans-"

"Woah! Did you just say jeans? Who's party do you think this is? There is no way in hell are you wearing just jeans and a top. Talk about nerd alert." Jade explains. She lets out a breath at the end and smiles, knowing she successfully got her point across.

"Well, I don't have a dress. Guess I'm not going." I smile at my words, "To bad." I fake hurt and pout when she looks at me. She stands up and puts her hands on her hips.

"Get up." She whispers but demands, "This is free period and, we my friend, are getting you a dress." She holds out her hand, gesturing me to take it.

"No. I don't want to, I got homework to do, Jade." I rebuke. She rolls her eyes, still keeping her hand next to my arm.

"My arm is dying." She remarked, "C'mon its ninth period, just do your homework at home." Jade pleads. I focus in on my paper and keep on answering my math problems. Shes being stubborn and I am being stubborn. When this happens she always wins because of my guiltiness.

"Or..." I stretch out the word, "we could go dress shopping later and I could do my homework now. We only have forty five minutes left so whats the point."

"Claire, your not making this easy-" She speaks but gets interrupted by my sarcastic remark of, "I'm glad." I say while smiling.

"Ms. Hesse and Ms. Fisher is there a problem?" The teacher calls angrily. We looks up and I shake my head. Jade, on the other hand, had a different idea.

"Yes. Actually there is," She replies, making everyone turn there heads, "She has a doctor appointment to go to and I was instructed to drive her by her mom that is out of town. Her dad is in New York for a construction job right now and can't make it." She adds, "Claire thinks she could get away with not going since I'm driving her there. Isn't that right Claire?" And there is the cherry on the top saying.

"No-"

"You may go, Claire. You and Jade may be excused for the rest of the day. Feel better." The teacher finishes the argument. I send death glares at Jade, while she winks at me. I pack up my bag slowly and everyone goes back to doing their work. She laughs and I flick her the middle finger. She sends one back and I zip up my bag, slinging it over my shoulder.

"Bitch..." I mutter to her while walking by her. We wave goodbye to the teacher and walk through the door.

"Well, a bitch is a dog, dogs bark, bark makes up trees, trees are part of nature, and nature is beautiful so thanks for the compliment." She beams.

"Compliment my ass..." I respond.

"C'mon, Claire. It's just a party." She says after we walk out of the front doors.

"A party? Nerds at a party lead to problems. Problems that include bullying, pranking, and rumors. Populars at a party that are drunk or high are going to act even more immature than they already are. Nerd equals bad, drunk popular equals bad, bad plus bad equals extremely bad. Extremely bad leads to trouble. Trouble leads to pressure. Pressure leads to drinking. Drinking leads to sex and making out. Sex and making out may lead to rape. Rape leads to my virginity being stolen. My virginity being stolen leads to very, extremely mad parents. Mad parents lead to a loaded gun pointing to the person who stole their innocent daughters virgin-ness. And that leads to one less person in this world." I ramble while listing out the possibilities

"Wow." Jade mouthes, "Well, we are going to give this a shot."

"Exactly, a shot which equals alcohol-"

"Oh. my. god, I think the crazy train forgot a person." She shakes her head, "Get in the car." She points to her white Audi a7. I look around for my car and fail seeing its not in the school parking lot.

"Where is my car?"

"I drove it back to your house inbetween periods." She shrugs as if its no biggie.

"How did you get my KEYS?!" I shout. She digs in her pocket and tosses them at my face while saying "Think fast."

"And you think I'm crazy." I mutter stepping into her beautiful car. I wish I had a car like this. I would get a black Audi r8 but this suits just fine. I've been saving up for the longest time but always come up short. Jade pulls out of the parking lot and enters the main road entrance. She cranks up the music and rolls down the windows, making me feel like a movie star. The sun shines bright in the sky, not a cloud in sight. I look at the temperature, reading that its 72 degrees out and smile. Finally, its almost May and all we've been having is cold weather or raining, crummy weather. We zoom past people either gapping at the recently polished car or just people jogging, walking their dog, or eating ice cream with their friends. We jump onto the ramp and pull into the mall parking lot.

"So, any acknowledgement by Luke today?" Jade wiggles her eyebrows. I roll my eyes and exhale an annoyed breath.

"You seem to be more obsessed with him than I am." I laugh, then pick up on what I just said and stop smiling.

"OH. EM. GEEE! Did you hear what you just said. Did you? Did you? Did you?" She gets in my face reminding me of Dory in Finding Nemo.

"No, its not like that-"

"Stop being in denial, Claire."

"Jade, if you don't shut the hell up, I am calling a cab to drive back home." I speak clearly and slowing to empathise my pure annoyance. We step out of the car after killing the engine and drop the topic. I am not obsessed with Luke. I'm not chasing after him like a lost puppy begging for forgiveness and love like all the other girls. We step through the doors and walk towards Macy's, not being able to think of any other store, "Do you have a dress already?" I ask, earning a nod from Jade.

"Enough about me, this is about you. How about we make you look daring, sexy, and mysterious like you have a dark secret that no one knows. We could make you look like the Claire that I know, the Claire that doesn't care about any other persons opinion. We could make you look slick, sly or cunning." Jade explains.

"Okay, I'm okay with that."

"Then lets go!" She squeals and grabs my wrist, pulling me with her. We enter the teenager section and see all the perfect party dresses for an event like the one tonight. Tube dresses, one shoulder dresses, skater dresses, and much more. Jade piles dresses on my arms and ushers me to go to the dressing room. We laugh and take pictures while holding dresses to our body. So this is what normal teenagers do. I slide on a black romper and step out to show Jade. I joke and twirl around.

"This is so comfortable..." I gape. I smooth it down and wait for Jades opinion.

"Get it, but you are not wearing a romper to the party." She replies, "If you wear the romper, you will regret it once you get the the party. Trust me, been there, done that and everyone was wearing something slutty and there I was, wearing a romper." She laughs. I put it to the side once I step back into the changing room and try on a tube dress, making fun of the word 'slutty'. It reminds me of just a tight top. Almost nothing is covering my butt, but I step out anyway. Jade looks up from her phone and smiles, "Yes!"

"No! Are you kidding me. This is too slutty. I will never be able to step out of the house in this. There is no way, in hell, that I'm wearing this. Its like asking for sex..." I lecture. I run back to the changing room in fear of being seen by someone and strip out of it. I shuffle through the pile and finally pull out a black bodycon dress. Its short but not as short as the other one. Its the only other one that won't have people seeing my butt.

Note to self: Never let Jade go out by herself and buy me a dress...

I slip it on and smooth it down. It empathises the little curves I have and makes me look more curvy. It shows off my long legs and my tanned skin. It makes my green eyes pop and makes my hair look a little darker with more red, gold, and light brown highlights. Yes, my hair is real and I've never put any highlights in it. Your supposed to be proud of who you are, not change and mask your old self. Maybe when I'm older I'll get highlights but not now. I step out and twirl around in circles, making my hair fly to the sides like propellers on a helicopter. Jade smiles and we jump up and down once she sees my smile.

"You're getting this, right?" She asks.

"I don't know. Should I?"

"Is that even a valid question? You look beautiful and with the right shoes, you will look like a movie star."

"About that..." I smile innocently.

"You need shoes don't you?" She groans and I laugh guiltily, "Okay, well strip out of this dress and carry it with you. We are getting you some shoes."

"Who says I'm buying it?" I laugh and look her dead in the eye.

"Me." Jade responds and I go to change out of it and leave the unwanted dress behind.

***

I stand with my black bodycon dress and wedged heels, ready to pay. I have to admit, it was pretty fun coming here and trying on all different dresses and shoes. I chose to still buy the romper knowing I could wear it to school on a hot day. Tonight is gonna be so fun. I hand my stuff over and notice that it's Lily from that one day at school and when she looks up she notices me too.

"Oh, look at that, it's the whore." She says with venom in her voice, "Where's your boy-toy Luke? Did he already get bored of you." She laughs evilly. She rings up my stuff, seeing the manager watching her and hands me the Macy's bag, "Well anyway, just remember, you are nothing but a slut and I saw that from the clothing you bought-"

"Says the one who walks around in her skimpy cheerleading uniform practically screwing boys in the cafeteria." I remark with a smirk, seeing her taken off guard.

"Listen bitch. Luke is gonna be mine tonight-"

"Okay, I don't care. The fact that you are calling me a slut and saying what you are saying now really shows your true colors." I smile and grab the bag. She shoots daggers at me and I just give her a small wave, turning around and walking away with Jade, leaving Lily speechless. One point for Claire. We walk out of the mall and step into her car. She laughs when I tell her about Lily because she wasnt paying attention, supposedly she was texting Noah about tonight. We sing along to the song on the radio and have the windows rolled down, having our hair whip around our faces. We spent more than two hours in that store and now its four o'clock. The party starts at seven. Jade thinks that three hours isnt enough time but she will have to manage, its funny seeing her stress out.

Great friend. I know.

We pull onto my road and pull into my driveway, seeing my car on the side of the driveway. Okay, maybe I didn't trust her with my car, but I do trust her. She pats my shoulder seeing that I see my car safe and pushes me towards the front door of my house. I see her dress slung over her shoulder and see her spiked heels in her hands. She says, and I quote, that we will look like a million bucks tonight and will have everyone drooling.

I hope she's right.

(Picture of dress on the side---->) (The black one!)

___________________________________________

Authors note: Sorry if this was a bad update but I tried. I won't be able to update any of my books on Saturday because of a huge gymnastics competition. I promise I will update all next week because my season will be over. Wish me, serena_gymnast10 , sophieeichler , and ebeth123 LUCK! See ya.

P.S- Some of you can't see the pictures because they read on their phone. All you have to do it click the screen and at the bottom you will see a 'i' with a circle around it. Click that and you will be at the chapters info. Next to the book symbol next to the picture of the books cover there will be two boxes that mean pictures. Click that symbol and you should be able to see the pictures I may or may not tag. If there is no picture symbol, no pictures are attached.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 3.5K 56
[COMPLETED] [MATURE CONTENT] Rankings:- #1 matureromance 01/01/21 #1 meangirl 13/01/21 #1 boxer 18/01/21 #1 jock 07/02/21 #1 bitch 05/04/21 #1 antih...
6.6K 248 25
"You know I've had a huge crush on you since we met, right" he whispers in my ear. "I want to be with you Bree. Do you want to be with me?" This is...
446K 5.5K 14
He's the player of the school , he's known for hitting and quitting , every girl wants him and doesn't care if he uses her then breaks her heart as l...
298K 6.4K 52
Ethan Lane was your typical player. He was smooth, handsome, manly, successful and a total chick magnet. Women loved him and men wanted to be him. He...