Blue and Crimson (Valt x Shu)

By AzealDeltaKoala

After the District Tournament was concluded, Valt Aoi is training hard for the next upcoming tournament, the... More

Chapter 1 - Sudden Encounter
Chapter 3 - Training with Shu
Chapter 4 - Hanging Out
Chapter 5 - To The Beach
Chapter 6 - The Training Camp
Chapter 7 - Battle Royale
Chapter 8 - Lunch & Battle
Chapter 9 - Stormy Weather Rescue
Chapter 10 - Something Special
Chapter 11 - Speech Practice
Chapter 12 - National Tournament

Chapter 2 - Great Day Of Having Fun

1.5K 31 32
By AzealDeltaKoala

Heya guys! Thank you for checking out my first book! For a minute, I thought there isn't anybody who knows this channel so well and decides to forget about it! Well, I love it! Thank you! X3 So, just to re-calibrate, I'm going to re-watch all the episodes of Beyblade Burst and write some random chapters that are or isn't in the storyline. One last thing to say, my favorite character is Valt because he's so cute and very funny. Just watching him battle makes me wanna root for him to win each battle. Even if he loses, well, he'll try again. Besides, he loves beyblading! Okay, enough sweet talk for me here's the second chapter for you guys. Enjoy~ 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The lights from the sun have been blocked by the drawn curtains of Valt's room. The blue-haired boy was sound asleep, his head was nestled on his pillow with a blue blanket laying over his relaxed body. The sounds in his room were nothing except his light snores filling in the silence. While he was sleeping, he was unaware of his two siblings quietly creeping into his room. The twins were snickering quietly, not wanting to wake up his older brother's slumber.

The aqua-haired twin held his fingers and started to count down from three. Three, two, one! On go, the twins leaped up and landed onto their brother's bed, causing him to jolt awake with a loud shriek and flailing his arms around like a terrified octopus. As he takes in his surroundings, his eyes were focused on the twins giggling in front of him. He frowned at them with a mixed expression of pout and annoyance.

"You know, it's not nice to wake up your brother like that." He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Aw c'mon Valt, it's not that bad," Toko reassured, pretending to be innocent.

"Yeah, we have to wake you up because you have school today," Nika added.

Valt blinked for a moment before turning his head to look at the clock on his desk, 7:25 a.m. Sighing, he raised his right hand to brush his fingers through messy dark blue hair.

"Yeah, I know. I'll get ready." He mumbled.

"Great, and don't go back to sleep or we'll wake you up again," Toko warned playfully, before leaving the room with Nika following him.

Valt tossed his blanket aside and swing his legs over to the side before standing up. He walked over to the wardrobe and changed into his usual attire; a red hoodie, a white vest, blue pants and yellow/blue soap shoes. He combed his hair with a comb and placed his headband on his head to pull his hair back into its usual spiky hair. He grabbed his bey and launcher from his desk and hoisted it around his waist before exiting his bedroom to head for the kitchen. He saw his twins eating their breakfast and some freshly baked bread.

"Good morning, Valt. Your breakfast is ready." His Mom greeted, setting a plate of eggs and bacon on the table.

"Thanks Mom." Valt took his seat and gobbled up his breakfast in two minutes before taking his plate to place it in the sink before rushing out of the front door, "Later Mom."

"Goodbye Valt, be safe."

The Valtryek blader began running all the way to school. He like running because it reminds of him the speed of Valtryek, the warrior riding on his dark horse. He could feel the cool breeze blowing through him and his hair like he was free from harm and danger. He pictured Valtryek beside him, racing across the pavement with him like if he was racing him to the school. Valt grinned widely and picked up the pace to catch up with his partner like using the Rush Launch.

He looked up ahead to see where he was going and soon he spotted the school in front of him. When he arrived, he didn't have the spare time to slow down his speed because he was about to crash into Rantaro. He dug his heels into the ground like emergency brakes and skid to a halt before finally slowing down.

"Woah there buddy, I have never seen you speed run like that for a world record. What's the hurry?" The Rokatvor blader asked, looking down at the heavy breathing Valtryek blader.

Valt didn't respond to him, he was concentrating on his breathing, taking huge gulps of air before exhaling, getting his heart to slow down. The beads of sweat were glimmering his forehead and his headband are soaking them up to keep him cool.

"I... came here... for the... free day... at the gym..." He said in between his pants. "Right?"

"That's right!" Rantaro agreed, patting his buddy's back "But the gym doesn't open just yet so we can wait at the front of the gym for the doors to open."

"Where's Daigo?" Valt asked, looking around the Doomscizor blader.

"He's at the gym, probably waiting for us." He replied plainly, taking out his lollipop from his mouth "And if you ask about Wakiya, don't bother looking for him, he went elsewhere by the time he will show up at the gym."

"I see." Valt finally calms down and straightened his back from hunching over and wiped his sweaty hands on his pants before striding off into the school. The two walked down the hallway towards the gym. In their view, they could see about forty students waiting outside with the principal blocking the door, he was in charge to make sure no students will get access unless he says so. Valt scanned the crowd until he caught sight of a spiky dark-haired boy at the back. "Hey Daigo!"

The Doomscizor blader jolted a bit before turning his head to see the two of his friends. "Valt, Rantaro, good to see you both here."

"The students giving you a rough time?" Rantaro asked, looking at the students pushing and shoving its way to the front.

"Not really, they were getting pretty excited to see what sort of activities they were provided inside the gym." He answered.

"Something like basketball?" Valt guessed.

"It's more than that." Daigo replied, "There's sports, board games, dress-ups, musical instruments and... you know the rest."

"I'm more than interest in card games." 

"Like Uno?"

"No, I mean the other card games like Pokémon or Yu-Gi-Oh!" The Valtreyk blader corrected.

"Dude, that game is bold-doze. Pokémon is all about using Energy cards and Evolution while Yu-Gi-Oh! is simply a duel monsters battle with monsters, spells and trap cards!"

The two boys argued over while glaring at each other that they were interrupted by a loud whistle blown by the principal. The loud noise has died down to silence before the principal cleared his throat.

"Students, you need to listen carefully." He announces formally, "As you may know, today's is your free day. This gym has provided all the activities for you all to enjoy. But there are some rules I need to put down. Rule one: When I opened this door, no pushing or shoving anyone aside or you will be forced to stay outside. Rule two: Keep the noise at a minimum. Rule three: No fighting in the gym or you will get detention! Rule Four: If something has broken, please report to one of the staffs. And Rule Five: Break all these rules and this event shall be canceled. Understood?" The students murmured between each other before nodding their heads in reply. "Good, please stay safe and have fun." He turned around to push the double doors and aside from the number of students almost barged despite being impatient.

"Let's go guys," Valt said to his friends as they were the last ones to enter. His chocolate eyes sparkled with joy at the activities set up for them. Like what Daigo had said from the beginning, the activities listed from him were set up in each area. The students went crazy over them like excited puppies trying out their new toys.

"Hey, look over there!" Rantaro yelled, pointing over at one table with the crowd surrounding it. Sitting at the table face-to-face was Shu and Wakiya playing some cards.

"It's Shu and Wakiya, let's go over there and check it out!" Valt rushed over with excitement to the crowd. And despite his small height, he pushed his way through the crowd so he was standing in the front where he can see what's going on. The card game was Pokémon. On Shu's field was Charizard while on Wakiya's field was Noivern.

"You can't defeat me now, Shu." Wakiya taunted, "You may be better at beyblading but when you are facing me in Pokemon Trading Card Game, you're going to lose this game."

"I wouldn't say that I'm losing, I'm going to win!" Shu retorted, picking a Fire Energy card from his hand and add it his Charizard, "With the Fire Energy on my Charizard, I'm going to beat your Noivern with Fire Spin, costing an additional four Fire Energy cards!" He placed his entire hand which was all Fire Energy cards on his Charizard, "Plus, the effect of Fire Spin allow me to discard three Energy cards attached from my Charizard!" He retrieves the Energy cards from his Pokémon as the attack commits, making Wakiya send his Pokémon to the discard pile. With a smirk, he declared his victory by drawing the last prize card "The game's over, I won."

"Nooo!" Wakiya whined, placing his hands over his head in defeat with the uproars from the crowd cheered for Shu's victory.

Shu's P.O.V

Smiling with satisfaction, I raised my right hand to my head to brush away a bit of my hair to reveal my scar.

"Great game, Shu!"

"Hm?" I heard a familiar voice within the crowd and I scanned around to see Valt standing at the front with his chocolate eyes sparkle and a huge smile, showing off his pearly white teeth. "Oh, it's you Valt."

"I've never seen play this game before, how did you do that?" He asked, like if he was one of my fans.

"I played a few times since I was little but I still know the rules though," I assured, collecting up my cards and put it together into a neat stack. 

"Well, gotta say there Shu. That was an intense battle." I switched over to see Rantaro with Daigo, their faces held an amused expression like they were surprised that I have other gaming talents other than beyblading.

"Thank you." I said formally.

"Say, can you teach how to play that game?" Valt was already taken a seat in front of me since I didn't notice that Wakiya already left while I was looking for who made a compliment about my victory.

"There's a rulebook for you to read." I insisted, giving him a small booklet that gives information about how to play. Valt took the booklet and reading fast, gaining all the information on how the game works, he even read the 'Note' part so he would always remember some important facts and tips. 

After ten minutes, Valt closed the booklet with a sigh and gave a wide smile, "I'm ready to go!"

"Good, now pick the deck provided," I commanded, pointing at the medium box. Valt peered inside to see a variety of boxes containing a deck of cards. Skimming through each one, Valt took out a blue box that was labeled 'Water'.

"I choose this deck." He announced, holding up his chosen deck.

"Good choice there, Valt. Now-" I began but I was rudely interrupted by a hand smacking onto the table to break the talk between me and Valt.

"Hey! You are not going get all the fun, I and Daigo are going to battle too. Let's make a Battle Royale!" Rantaro declared.

"Rantaro! Can't you wait until me and Shu have our battle first?" Valt protested.

"Sorry, but you the way it goes..." He began rambling through the box until he took out an orange box labeled 'Ground' while Daigo merely looked at him and sighed before choosing a deck labeled 'Dark'. "Let's get down to it!"

"Valt, you're partnering up with me!" I said to my best friend with a smile, "We'll beat these two together!"

"Aw yeah!" He raised his pumped hand, feeling anxious to team-up with me against Rantaro and Daigo. 

We shuffled our decks and then exchanged with each other to shuffle and cut their decks before handing their decks back to the owner. 

The game begins as we all drew seven cards, placing them face down first before setting six cards aside, they are called Prize Card.

Taking our cards into our hands, we looked at it to see what have we received. I glanced at my hand cards and raised a brow. I have a Chimchar instead of Charmander... Averting my gaze over from the corner of my eye, I can see Valt's eyes sparkled while looking at his cards like if he saw some cards that are super rare. Shifting my eyes back, I asked who's going first which happens to be Rantaro starting off...

(25 minutes later...)

This game is starting to get even harder for me and Valt. The reason was that my Infernape has fallen Asleep due to Daigo's Darkrai's Hypnoblast and Rantaro has already taken out Valt's Greninja with his Lucario. I glanced over at Valt to see his serious expression like he has no idea what to do to win this battle. 

"So, you're up next Valt." Rantaro said, feeling impressed with his strategy to defeat Valt's Greninja and claiming his prize card. He was one card away from his victory but Valt's was already on his last prize card too. What is he going to do now? 

"I call forth my Suicune." He slid his Pokemon card from his Bench to the Active, "Then, place a Water Energy along with two more Water and one random energy to it." He placed four energy cards underneath his Suicune, "Now, I can use the move Sheer Cold which allows me to flip a coin." He took a silver coin from the box of decks, "If I get heads, then you can't attack me until your next turn."

'Just great.' Rantaro thought bitterly.

'Nice move, Valt.' I thought with a grin, a spark of proud ignite in my heart yet it defuse quickly 'However, be careful about your outcome, a wrong result can cause trouble between us.'

Normal P.O.V

Valt had his eyes focus on the silver coin, with the thumb lay underneath his fingernail that rest his clutch hand. Feeling determined, he flings the coin into the air. The momentum of the coin spins high and fast, the sounds of his heartbeat with each second. His eyes were glued onto the coin as it falls onto the table, allowing it bounce once until it lands face-up to reveal the result.

That's when his smile grew across his lips as his eyes sparkled, "It's Heads!"

The crowd gasped at the amazing outcome, astounded that the blue-haired blader was lucky enough to call that move to stop Rantaro's Lucario from attacking him. Rantaro gritted his teeth on his teeth in irritation, causing the lollipop in his mouth to crack.

"Well, you know what that means..." Valt began, smirking with satisfaction.

"... Yeah, I can't attack my next turn." Rantaro mumbled, slouching in his chair with disappointment.

"It's too bad that you still can't attack Shu, because your Infernape is Asleep." Daigo reminded, looking at the sideway Pokemon card.

"You're right..." Shu looked down at his Pokemon, 'I just need a Full Heal... that's the only card I need since the rule did say used it on your Active Pokemon and the rest of my own team.' He looked at his Bench to see a Reshiram and Entei still in play.

"It's my turn then." Daigo declared, drawing the card from his deck and looked at it. "Now, attaching a Dark Energy to my Darkrai along with two more Dark plus one random energy, I can use the move Deep Wind." He places four energy cards underneath his Darkrai, "And since your Infernape is Asleep, it adds sixty more damage plus my Darkrai heals itself by thirty." And just like that, Shu gritted his teeth and send his fainted Pokemon to the discard pile. Daigo grinned with satisfaction and drew his Prized Card, he only has two left.

"My go then." Shu drew his card and he gasped. The card he drew was Full Heal, he could've used it on his Infernape and finish him off. "I call forth Entei, and activate the Supporter - Professor Juniper." He slid his Legendary Pokemon to the Active and play the Supporter card. "Now, I discard my hand to draw seven cards from my deck." He sends his three cards to the discard pile and drew seven cards. "And now, I use one Fire Energy with two more and two random energy so I can use Heat Tackle." He took the silver coin into his hand, "Now, once I attacked, I flip the coin, if it's Tails, then my Entei will take thirty to itself." He flings the coin into the air and watches it lands onto the table revealing a huge outcome. 

"It's Heads, that means your Entei doesn't take the recoil damage," Valt exclaimed.

"That's right." Shu agreed, "... meaning your Darkrai is finished!"

Daigo sent his fainted Darkrai to his discard pile and Shu drew his Prized card and smirked, he drew Big Malasada, might kind of handy to use if his Pokemon is in serious trouble.

"My turn." Rantaro announced, drawing his card and growled to himself, "I can't believe you prevent me from attacking like that with your Suicune."

"Well, it's payback for defeating my Greninja." Valt countered, glaring at his friend.

"Tsk, I end." He added the card to his card without settling another argument.

"I go next!" Valt drew his card and gasped, "Alright, time to Sheer Cold again!" He placed another four energy cards underneath his Suicune, "Let's do this!" He flipped the coin again and his fingers crossed underneath the table, hoping it would be Tails. As the coin landed, he stood up from his chair and slammed his hand onto the table, "Oh yeah! It's Heads!"

"Nooo!!!" Rantaro cried, throwing his card onto the table in defeat as Valt drew his last Prized card.

Valt's P.O.V

When I drew my last card, the crowd applauded for me and Shu for our tag-team battle. I glanced at the card I drew, it was a Clefairy Doll. Narrowing my eyebrows, I shook my head like it doesn't matter to me since I won the battle with Shu.

"It's good game guys." Shu said to our fellow friends.

"Tsk, yeah it was. Better hope next time we battle, it will be a Battle Royale against all of you." Rantaro replied, pointing at me and the other two. Before we decided to do something, we heard the whistle blown that caused everyone in the gym to stop what they are doing and turned to the principal.

"Students, we have set up an ice-cream counter outside of the Gym." He declared formally, "If you want one, you have to clean up your activity you were in and walked through this door, turned to your right down the hallway and exit, you should see a blue tent set up outside."

The students bickered to each other and hastily cleaned up their activities before rushing outside to get the frozen treats. Rantaro and I gasped when we heard about ice-cream and before I could go, I have to do what the principal says me to do and help.

"You go ahead Valt, I can take care of it." 

I heard Shu spoke to me and turned to see him gathered up the cards into their usual decks and returned them into their boxes. 

"You sure you don't need help?" I asked politely.

"Nah, don't worry about it. Just go and get your ice-cream, you deserved it for your victory." He replied with a caring smile.

"Okay, thanks Shu." I thanked him before rushing out since I already notice Rantaro was ahead of me.

(Timeskip)

Normal P.O.V

"Oh boy!" Valt received a blueberry-flavored popsicle from the counter and walked out of the line to join up with Rantaro who was devouring an ice-cream sandwich. Before he sat down, Rantaro took the last bite of throwing the wrapper in the bin.

"So, Valt... what are you planning to do on the weekend?" He asked.

"Well, still got some training to do with Valtryek and..." He replied plainly, thinking of what to do. Though, the Valtryek blader doesn't really plan on what to do because all he can think of was nothing except training and battling. Deep down, he wants to do something else other than what he was planning to do. Sometimes, he was thinking about training or hanging out with Shu, I mean it, he's one of the closest friends plus he was one of the big four which they are called 'Spin Emperors'. The blue-haired boy knew that one day he could face him off again in the tournament just like in the District Tournament. 

"Hey Valt, you might wanna eat your popsicle now, it's going to melt anytime soon," Rantaro spoke out.

Valt snapped back into reality when he felt something cold and wet in his hand. Turning his attention, he saw droplets from his frozen treat slowing drips into his gloved hand. With a yelp, he quickly shoved the popsicle into his mouth before the droplets could drip and soaked his gloved hand. It wasn't long until he felt someone behind him.

"I see you want your popsicle not too cold, huh?"

Valt hesitated from sucking his popsicle and tilt his head up to see Wakiya over his head.

"N-No, I was just thinking..." Valt mumbled, looking away while quietly nibbling on his treat.

"Yeah right, trail off to your thoughts to let it your ice-cream melt." He scoffed sarcastically, before taking a seat beside Rantaro.

"Watch it blonde."

"Looks who's talking, lollipop?"

The two glared at each other that causes an intense spark between their eyes.

"Knock it off, you two."

The two stopped glaring at each other when they heard a strong voice. They turned their heads to see Shu and Daigo approaching them.

"Why are you guys doing here?"

"Well, Shu and I just about to get our ice-cream when we saw commercial going on so we decided to see what's going on," Daigo explained while looking at them with a blank expression.

"What happened to your popsicle, Valt?" Shu asked, looking at the blue-haired boy's treat in his gloved hand. 

"It melted..." He replied sheepishly, feeling silly about his popsicle getting melted in the sun.

Shu smiled softly and sat down next to him with some napkins in his hand. Taking the melted popsicle from his hand and switched over to the other hand, he used the napkins and wipe his gloved hand. Once it was slightly dry, he unexpectedly gave his hand a small squeeze and his thumb gently brushed against his palm. Valt felt that contact and was about to say something when Shu retreated his hand and stood up to throw the napkins in the bin.

Valt's P.O.V

What was that just suddenly? Did Shu grabbed my hand and squeezed it?

I looked down at my now clean gloved hand, thinking about what he just did. His hand felt large around my smaller hand, the warmth was amazing that embraced with my cold hand from the popsicle, and the way he holds in a comfortable way,  it made my face heat up indicating my cheeks would burn and made them turned red.

'I wonder what does that mean?' I thought, gently curling my fingers into my palm until my hand has turned into a fist. Standing up, I turned to Rantaro. "Say, I'm going to back to the gym, wanna a rematch?"

"Bring it on!" He grinned widely, as he and I made out way back to the gym for another battle. Oh, what a great day of having fun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

Hahahaha, yep, I definitely put Pokemon Trading Card Game in this chapter! :D Also, I got this idea because me and sister (AzureSilverKoala) played this card game when we were youngsters! I played the Fire Deck while she plays the Water and then when we battled, I lost! XD But it was fun, only 3-7 matches. So, sorry if I don't upload next chapter because I have a lot of writing! But anyways, thanks for being good readers! ; )

Feel free to leave a VOTE and COMMENT for this chapter

Order and out guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.1K 950 18
''All I want now, is you by my side.πŸ’– You mean the world to me and I always and forever wanna stay by your side cause every moment spent with you be...
26.7K 944 56
THIS IS BOOK 3 so please go read book 1 and 2 first so you're not confused! After the events of Book 2, Fubuki is gone. Phi and Theodore are building...
3.5K 154 15
After Aiger broke Valtryek valt was determined to get his title back and defeat his opponents,after this fight some of the others were a little bit h...