Same Mistakes- One Direction...

Bellajf द्वारा

अधिक

Authors Note- Important
New Surprises

Same Mistakes- One Direction fanfic

1.4K 14 5
Bellajf द्वारा

SAME MISTAKES

Chapter 1- dreams and tattoos

"There you go." said the tough looking tattoo artist. Some part of me reckons deep inside he loves ballet and chick flicks.

I like trying to read people, trying to find out the truth.

Yeah I guess it's got me in a bit of trouble being so curious, but I can't help it.

I handed over the money I had to pay for my tattoo, and took a look at my watch, "Shit! Oh, sorry I have to go." I said gathering my things.

"Thank you!" I called as I ran out of the tattoo parlor.

My side aches as I ran out to the very core of the shopping centre, where there was already people gathering.

"Are you here for the singing competition?" someone asked from behind me.

I turned around to see a 'perfect' manicured blonde who looked about 6 feet tall.

"Yes, I am." I said, as I noticed her look me up and down.

"This way." she said putting on a smile.

I walked up to a slightly raised platform, and noticed a boy around my age standing in front of me.

He must be the first to sing.

"What song are you singing?" I asked, startling him a little bit.

He turned around, his bright blonde hair glistening in the light.

"I'm singing 'this ones for the girls' by Olly Murs." he said with a smile.

"I'm singing Skyscraper, by Demi Lovato." I said back.

The mysterious blonde went to say something else, but got taken onto the stage.

As weird as it may sound, I was actually looking forward to what he was going to say.

"This ones for the girl that I see at the coffee shop, knows my name and looks real hot, always get an extra shot and a smile for free." I heard him sing.

I blanked out on him, and checked my self over, making sure I looked fine.

I looked down, past my floral dress, noticing laces weren't done on my fake doc martins.

How I know they're fake,

Well one does not simply just find a pair of real doc martins in a park.

When I found them, I bought them home and cleaned them up.

I soon felt myself being pushed onto the stage.

I smoothed the few ruffles in my dress and made my way over to the piano on the right side of stage.

I places my fingers over the cold smooth keys, this is a feeling I love.

About to play for people.

I began to play, letting the music take over me.

"Skies are crying, I am watching.

Catching tear drops in my hands.

Only silence, as it's ending.

Like we never had a chance.

Do you have to, make me feel like there's nothing left of me.

You can break everything I have, you can break everything I am.

Like I'm made of glass.

Like I'm made of paper.

Go on and try to tear me down.

I will be rising from the ground, like a sky scraper.

As the smoke clears, I awaken.

And untangle you from me.

Would it make you, feel better, to watch me while I bleed.

All my windows still are broken, but I'm standing on my feet.

You can break everything I have, you can break everything I am.

Like I'm made of glass.

Like I'm made of paper.

Go on and try to tear me down.

I will be rising from the ground, like a sky scraper.

Go run, run, run, I'm gonna stay right here.

Watch you disappear, yeah eehh.

Go run, run, run, yeah it's a long way down.

But I am closer to the clouds up here.

You can break everything I have, you can break everything I am.

Like I'm made of glass.

Like I'm made of paper.

Go on and try to tear me down.

I will be rising from the ground, like a sky scraper.

Like a sky scraper"

I finished singing, and received a of applause.

A feeling I always loved, having people enjoy my singing.

I took a bow and walked off the stage. Ask I walked past the line of people waiting to sing, I received compliments such as 'you were amazing', and 'wow that was amazing!'

Sometimes I honestly think people give me too much credit.

They are say, that one day soon l'll get signed by the likes of Simon Cowell, it hasn't happened so far and I doubt it ever will.

Either way, right now all I care about it providing for my family.

I felt a soft tap on my shoulder and I turned to face a very beautiful girl.

She had big brown eyes, which perfectly matched her chocolate brown hair.

"Hello." she greeted me with a smile, "You were amazing! I'm Arshmeena, but Meena for short." she said excitedly.

I smiled back, "Thank you. I'm Lily, nice to meet you. Are you singing today, too?" I questioned.

"Oh, no not today. I sing enough as it is. I just came to watch." she replied.

"Hey want to go grab something to eat?" I asked her Meena, "The singing pretty much sounds through the whole shopping centre, we'll still be able to hear." I suggested.

"Sure," she replied.

She seemed like such a cheerful person, full of love and hope, she seemed like the sort of person you could just talk to about anything.

"McDonalds?" I asked, "I don't really mind." I added.

"I'm perfectly fine with McDonalds." she said.

We began walking, pushing through crowds of people.

Seems like more people had turned up than expected.

Someone nudged into me, and I knelt over in pain.

Maybe this wasn't the best time to get a tattoo.

"What's wrong?" Meena questioned.

"Oh, uh, before I got a tattoo. Bloody hell it hurts." I said standing myself up again.

I turned to Meena, who seemed to have a look of pure excitement on her face, "You're accent! I finally figured out where you're from!" she pretty much yelled to the whole shop.

"You-"

"I'm Australian," I said before she could finish her sentence.

"Why are you over here?" She questioned.

"I moved here two years ago with my Mum, Dad and brother. Mum and dad had got jobs over here." I began as we lined up.

"They both got fired after our first year being here, like the company had no use for my parents. They then found it really hard to get jobs.

Six months ago my dad died in a car crash, and from then on I've been living in a motel with Mum and Josh." I finished just in time for us to get the the front of the line.

Meena just stood there, in awe of me.

I told the cashier what I would like, which was just a simple cheese burger.

But I had to nudge Meena, for her to stop staring and say one cheese burger too.

"So you're not doing this competition to get anywhere are you? You're doing it to win and help your family." she said as we moved across waiting to collect our order.

"Yeah, pretty much. And please, don't say you're sorry or anything, what's done is done, there's no way for it all to turn back." I replied.

We grabbed our burgers and found ourselves a table.

Meena seemed a bit awkward, and quickly changed the subject.

"So what did you get a tattoo of?" she asked.

"It says 'hope is something you have to believe in', written down my hip." I said tracing a delicate line down my side.

"Oh! That's cool! I've always wanted to get a tattoo, but my parents won't allow me." she replied looking down.

I noticed someone from another table start to stare at me, but I just brushed it off.

"Well, you should just get it anyway. You're old enough. Plus, Yolo and all that." I said trailing off looking back to the random.

Not knowing his name began to annoy me, he reminded me of Siva, from the wanted I think it is.

Only older, and more hairy.

Actually they look nothing alike.

Hmm, Benny!

I'll call him Benny.

My head began to over run with thoughts and Meena gave me a word stare.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." I said coming back to Earth, away from my thoughts for now.

"You know your burger is going to get cold right?" she asked, tapping my burger softly on the top.

I quickly reached forward and grabbed my cheese burger and unwrapping its goodness.

I let the familiar smell waft into my nose.

After eating as many McDonalds meals as me, you soon grow bored of it.

Most of the time Mum, josh and I just get take out.

It's cheap and easy, seeing as mum works there.

I continued to talk to Meena for around another 20 minutes, until we heard the announcer say they were about to announce the winner, in his somewhat monotone voice.

We made our way just in time for them to call all the contestants onto the stage.

Meena went and stood in the crowd, and I quickly ran up onto the stage and stood right on the end..

right next to the mysterious blonde i had met before.

"You were really good before," he said suddenly, most likely realising i was staring intently at him.

"Oh, yeah, thank you. Hey, you were pretty good too." I said smiling back.

Gosh this guy has an amazing smile.

"Im Ben by the way, and you are?" He said gesturing at me to say my name.

"Smith," Oh gosh, whats wrong with me today, "Uh, Lilliana Smith. But you can just call me Lily." I continued.

"Well it's lovely to meet you, Smith." He said with a cheeky grin.

I went to say something back, but suddenly the annoucer, who i thinks name was Artie, ran inbetween Ben and I to the front of the stage.

Which caused me to jump back a bit.

"Hello Stonebridge! Now, it's time to reveal the all important winner!" Artie said a bit too excitedly.

"Now as you all know, the judges we're secret. No one really, but I of course, knew who they were. But i'm about to reveal the, if you like, 'ring leader' judge. The one, the only, Savan Kotecha!"

The crowd and other singers errupted in applause.

Clearly, I'm the only one who has no idea who this bloke is.

He ran up onto the stage and took a mighty bow for everyone.

It's him.

The one that was staring at me while i was talking to Meena.

He turned around and waved at us contestants, and gave me a weird smile before turning around back to the crowd.

"Now, to the winner of today," He said opening, what seemed to be a blue envelope

"There's actually a tie." He said smiling to himself.

Almost like he was up to something.

"Will Benjamin Guerink and Lilliana Smith please stand forward." He said gesturing to us two.

The two of us both exchanged weird glances and walked forward up to Savan.

"Now, you two," He said walking inbetween us and putting either arm around our shoulders.

"Usually to decide a winner, if it's a draw, we'd make them have a sing off. But this time, you two were both equally as good. Having another round of singing would just be pointless." He took his arms off us.

"Which is why, you two will both be getting the money, 250 each." He finished.

My heart sank, 250 each.

That's not going to help with much.

It's not going to help with the motel bill this fortnight.

I suddenly felt as though I was being pulled into a hug, and i looked up to see Ben.

"Good job." He said as he smiled a breath taking smile.

"Thanks." I said as i felt myself blush and look down.

"What's wrong?" He asked tilting his head slightly to the side.

"Nothing it's fine, I just thought we'd both be getting 500 each, but it's okay." I said, putting on a smile.

Meena ran up and hugged me.

"Good job!," she said, "And you too, you were really good too." She said smiling at both Ben and I.

I ended up spending the rest of the day with Meena, and giving her my phone number.

She was a really lovely person, a positive person I could really use in my life.

I began my walk home, feeling as though someone was following me the whole way.

But I brushed it off, probably just me being paranoid.

I noticed my shoes had become untied again, for I think the sixth time today.

I bent down tieing it up, and hearing a rustle in the bushes behind me.

"Look whoevers there, uh, go away, i've got pepper spray." I said pretending to fumble through my bag for my 'non-existant' pepper spray.

I stood up, but with a sudden thud I was back down again.

Snap.

That was all I heard.

One giant big snap.

And then, sudden pain move through my arm.

"Shit!" I said clutching onto my arm.

"Oh god! Look what you've done now Louis. You've broken her arm!"

"Me?! You pushed me, Harold."

I tried to sit up, but the pain was too much and i fell back down.

"Lads, shut up, we need to take her to the hospital." Said a voice different from the others.

Irish i think it was.

The boys helped me to my feet, "Sorry, I didnt mean to fall into you." The Louis one said.

"It's okay, i'll be fine." I replied.

"Harry, you go call Liam."Said Louis, "Niall you help me get her to the car."

All of this was going a bit too fast, "Stop!" I said suddenly.

"Look, I'll be fine." I said trying to move my arm, "Ah!"

"See you're not fine, now I'm going to call Liam." Harry said, pulling out his phone.

Niall and Louis helped me to the car, and put me in the front seat of a very nice car.

One question I really wanted answers to though, was why were they following me in the bushes?

They were teenage boys, maybe it was just their idea of a prank.

Some prank it turned out to be.

They all got into the car, but Harry in the front seat.

"Why were you hiding in the bush?" I asked, just able to bare the pain without yelling.

"We were bored," said Louis.

"So you hid in a bush?" I asked, still confused.

"Well our plan was to scare people." Niall added.

Why would they be wanting to scare people.

"Well I guess now I know what teenage boys do in their spare time." I said still really confused by their actions.

"Well actually, Louis is 20." Said Harry.

Louis jolted forward and slap Harry hard across his arm.

The rest of the car ride was them pretty much all fighting, while I sat there in pain.

-In the hospital room-

The doctor came in with a white clip board, and his glasses placed at the end of his nose.

"It's all good, Lily. No broken bones, just a dislocated shoulder." he said.

He walked over and put my arm in a sling as carefully as possible.

"It's already popped back in, so all you need to do is try not to move it an awful lot, and you should be fine in a few day." he informed me, flashing me a smile.

I walked out with Louis, Harry and Niall.

"Boys!" Three people called in the distance.

Probably this Liam guy they were talking about before.

"Gosh, what did you do this time?" A incredibly beautiful girl asked.

She had long brown hair and went and stood next to Louis, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Well Harry here pushed me, and I fell onto Lily." he said explaining what happened.

"Sorry about them," She said, "I'm Eleanor by the way."

She smiled.

"I told you boys not to go out! Now look! You've harmed a poor innocent girl!" I'm assuming Liam, raged at the boys.

"See, I agreed with Liam." Said a dark haired boy.

"Look I'm perfectly fine." I said butting in.

"Luckily, I'm Zayn by the way, and this is Liam." Zayn said introducing them.

They all continued to argue, until I couldn't take it anymore.

"Look, thank you, for bring me here, thank you a lot. But I should probably be getting home." I said.

They all stopped bickering and looked to me.

"I'll take her." Harry said putting his hand up.

"No it's okay, I will." Said Niall.

Niall and I walked to the car we had bought here, and helped me in the car.

"So, where do i take you?" he asked.

I didn't want to tell him I was living in a motel, but I guess i'll probably never see him again.

"Hobs motel." I said, a little embarrassed.

"I know where that is! It's not to far away." he said.

"Oh cool." I said flashing a smile.

Fake of course.

Niall pressed a button and turned on the radio, and turning it up.

"I love this song." I said, turning to Niall.

"Me too! To be honest I don't know why Harry has a Demi Lovato CD in his car though." Niall laughed.

"Maybe a secret obsession." I suggested.

I began to sing the lyrics to 'Fix a heart'.

"Wow, you're amazing!" Niall said, trying to keep focus on the road.

"Thanks, I guess." I said.

Niall pulled up outside the motel.

"Thanks." I smiled, "Even though we'll probably never see each other again, you're a really nice person Niall."

I got out of the car, and shut the door.

Well this was an eventful night.

I grabbed out my key, and unlocked the door.

"Lilliana! Where have you been?! I've been worried sick about you!" Mum yelled.

"And what happened to your arm?!"

"I dislocated my shoulder, someone accidentally bumped into me. And I won, well drew with someone." I said explaining my day in a nutshell.

I moved past my mum and brother, changing into pajamas and just going straight to bed.

I woke up, with hair sticking to my face, and a loud knock at the door.

Mum would be at work, and Josh at school by now so I had no choice but to get up.

"Coming!" I yelled, hoping out of bed.

I opened the door.

"Hello." a familiar face said.

A/N

Hello!

Thank you so much if you've read this!

Please, tell me what you think, I'd really like to know others opinions.

The next chapter, should be within the next week.

Again thank you (:

-Bella

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

573K 35.1K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
267K 11.2K 40
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
230K 9.3K 60
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...
1.1M 48K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC