Evan's Rose [18+]

MissR12

"...she was my obsession and my most beloved possession..." -Evan "I truly, deeply loved him but sometimes lo... Еще

Description
Cast..
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 26

68.9K 2.5K 382
MissR12

Hailey Goldstein was tall and an exceptionally beautiful woman with a slender waist and long tanned legs that stretched for miles in her short black dress. Her caramel brown hair was pulled up in a classy loose bun. Her facial features were just as defined and beautiful. The woman was extremely gorgeous. She looked like the supermodel she was. She was also my husband's ex-girlfriend.

"Hi, I'm here to see Evan." Her throaty voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I pointed to the right in my daze. She was about to head in that direction when my mind came back to its senses.

"Excuse me! You can't go in there. Do you have an appointment?" I asked, remembering my assistant duties.

Besides what business did my husband's ex-girlfriend have with him?

"Appointment? Do you know who I am?" She snapped, "I don't need an appointment to meet Evan. Now get away from my path. I don't have time to deal with you." She sized me up with a rude expression. I couldn't see her eyes because she had covered them with shades, but I knew she was glaring at me with disgust.

"Mr. Carter is with the investors right now. I can't let anyone disturb him. You can wait until he finishes, and I'll ask him if he wishes to meet you." I pointed towards the waiting area, but she simply looked annoyed.

"Listen whoever you are, I don't need your permission to meet Evan. Just tell him I'm here, and he'll let me in." This scene gave me a sense of déjà vu with me stopping her from barging into Evan's office. Back then Evan used to date her, and I was no more than a dutiful secretary to my boss. I doubted she even remembered who I was.

The thought of them seeing each other again after more than three years was making me uncomfortable. Hailey had left him to marry a British business tycoon. Then why was she here now? Would Evan be happy to see her? I knew their relationship ended when she cheated on him but I wondered if there were any lingering feelings in their minds.

"I'll let you know about it . . ." Evan's steps faltered as he stepped out of his office with an elderly gentleman dressed. He didn't give out any reaction but simply strode past us. They shook hands and Evan led him to the elevator. When the doors closed, he turned back to find both of us staring at him like hawks.

A slight frown formed between his eyebrows. His posture was rigid as he came towards us. I was about to open my mouth, but he beat me to it.

"Hailey, what are you doing here?" There was a calm neutrality in his tone. Hailey on the other hand brightened up having his attention on her.

"You look even more handsome than the last time I saw you, love." She stepped forward and grabbed his arm with perfectly manicured fingers. Jealousy crawled its way up my heart burning everything on its way. I could only see his back, but I imagined him smiling warmly at her with a look he only reserved for me. "How are you?" she asked flashing a megawatt smile at him.

"I'm wiser now." He replied curtly.

"I can't tell you how much I missed you. I could never forget those strong arms around me. I've been meaning to meet you for a long time now." The mention of their intimate moments wasn't unnoticed by me. I was aware that Evan had been previously intimate with her while they dated. Still, it didn't stop me from turning green with envy.

"I figured you would." He ignored everything but the last statement. "I heard what happened." Evan's answer snatched the smile off her face. Her red-coated lips twisted into a sad smile. I didn't know what Evan was talking about, but it was something sensitive to her. Hailey's head darted to look at me over his shoulder.

I was aware that I was intruding on their conversation by standing next to them awkwardly. I should've moved away, but how could I?

Evan turned following her gaze. Then he spoke, "Rose, hold my calls until I say otherwise."

"You have an appointment with the Ad company's agent in fifteen minutes," I spoke hoping he'd avoid being alone with Hailey.

"They'll wait." he said dismissively walking past me with Hailey following behind him. She gave me a side glance before smirking her way in. I stayed rooted to my place in shock and disappointment.

Thirty seconds or so passed before Evan walked out again. "I want no one to interrupt me." My face must've given away my sour mood, because his eyes softened, and he grabbed my fingers in his hand. "You have nothing to worry about." He assured me as if he read my mind.

"I don't like it," I confessed. Being alone without any interruption was going to drive me crazy.

"Trust me," he spoke before kissing me swiftly on the lips.

I went straight to my desk and called the receptionist to send the agent straight to me when they arrived. I sat quietly thinking about all the possible reasons for Hailey to be here. She had broken up with him almost three years ago when I had just begun working here.

"Who do you think you are? You are just an assistant to Evan. I'm his girlfriend. I don't need your permission to go in." She said trying to push past me.

"I'm sorry Miss, but I can't let you in. Mr. Carter is at a conference. Please try to understand." I was trying to keep Mr. Carter's girlfriend away from his office. I knew she hated me for it, but I intended to keep my job for more than two days. No one prepared me for managing the girlfriend of your boss from barging into his office while he was in a meeting.

Oh, Jesus! Why did I have to face such situations on the second day of my job? Mr. Carter would surely fire me if I didn't follow his commands.

"Then tell him I'm here." She screamed in my face. I'll be honest and say that I was slightly intimidated by her. She was tall and beautiful and walked with grace. Surely a supermodel.

I went straight to my desk and called Mr. Carter with shaky hands expecting him to fire me for interrupting him. He was very strict and got angry too quickly.

"What's it?" I recoiled hearing that hard voice. Swallowing the invisible lump in my throat I responded, "Mr. Carter, your girlfriend is outside your office. She wants to meet you immediately. I'm sorry, I tried to stop her, but she says she insists on seeing you. I don't know what to do. I know you told me not to disturb you, but she is right in front of me as I speak to you..."

"Rose." I stopped rambling when he spoke my name so calmly and so deeply. "Tell her to wait outside, I'm coming, and you don't have to apologize to me, ever." I nodded but when I realized he couldn't see me, I replied a 'yes' before we hung up.

It was the last time I had seen Hailey. They had gone out of the office and Evan never returned that day. My conclusion was that they broke up. Seeing her again after three years was slightly disturbing.

Maybe she was trying to get Evan back.

No!

Maybe she was here just to talk and clear things up. After all, they didn't end on good terms. Yes. It could be that. I mumbled a quick apology to Jesus for thinking negatively. I prayed to him to help me get rid of these negative thoughts.

***

I rounded Evan's office twice. But he and Hailey were simply taking too long. The ad company's agents were already here. I had offered them refreshments and twice to keep them pleased but even then, they had waited long enough.

I was about to go in and interrupt their conversation when Evan came out with Hailey on his side.

"Ah! Rose. I was about to call you."

"The agents have arrived, shall I send them in? I can see Miss Hailey outside."

"That won't be necessary. I want you to cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day and reschedule them. I'm headed out." My face fell.

"But . . ."

"No buts." He placed his palm right on Hailey's back and gestured to her. Was he going out with her? But why? I thought they were over. No, he couldn't possibly go out with her.

"But...But your appointment has already arrived. They've been waiting for a while now." I said hoping to make him stay. But who was I fooling? He had made up his mind.

"Didn't you hear what he said? Do as he says." She interrupted before I could protest again.

"Hailey." He warned. She looked away, not saying a word afterwards. Evan focused his attention back on me.

"I'm sure you'll take care of it. I think you are competent enough to handle such small tasks." With that, he exited with her.

I stayed back nursing my broken heart by replacing Evan in his meeting. I thought after the whole baby incident he might have softened towards me. He had even apologized. But what was the meaning behind his strange behavior?

Didn't he see how disturbing it was for me to see him with his ex? Or did he simply choose to ignore my feelings?

There was no reason for him to catch up with his ex. I didn't want to be jealous of every other woman who shared space with him. He had assured me that all his encounters with women were business and never personal. I had to trust him. He wouldn't betray me. I just hoped I wasn't making a fool out of myself.

. . .

Follow me on Instagram @authoreval for more. While you wait for Chapter 27, head to my profile and check out my latest book Dangerous Illusion.

Vote
Comment
& Share

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The Knights Pearls CrimsonKnight-

Любовные романы

280K 7.3K 30
*Book title has been updated, previously known as Ace* Imagine seeing someone unable to buy food because they didn't have the money. Then randomly a...
Regrets ✓ Luna

Любовные романы

4.2M 107K 35
REMINISCENT SERIES BOOK - 1 Excerpt: Rose was taking small steps to her husband's study. She had a medical file in her hand with tears in her eyes wh...
271K 7.6K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...
Kidnapped by the Billionaire Lucy

Художественная проза

1.7M 42.5K 36
Frinza Edward funny,cute and caring is what she is with a perfect life that is until a billionaire gets a sick obsession with her and turns ger life...