Addiction

By MoDolce

addiction[ uh-dik-shuh n ] noun the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is ps... More

Characters
1.
2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.

3.

4.1K 101 23
By MoDolce

Saturday

"Olivia, you need to wake up. Your father is going to be here in an hour." My mother yelled.

"Okay, I'm up." I yelled back. I stayed in my bed for a minute staring at the ceiling. My body definitely wasn't trying to get up. I finally got up and started to get ready.

Why on earth did he feel the need to pop back into my life now? It just didn't make sense. You left me, it wasn't like my mom took me from you. He had the option to stay with me and be my dad. Instead, he chose to leave.

"Mom!" I called out.

"I'm in my closet trying to find something to wear." She yelled back. Everything echos in the house so it wasn't that hard to hear her clearly. I went over to her room to find her in closet with a pile of clothes on the floor.

"Mom, you were up earlier than me and you're still not dressed." I said.

"I know. There's nothing in here that I want to wear." She said.

"Ok, watch out. Let me work my magic." I said letting out a small laugh.

I took out a pair of black jeans with a white stripe on the sides and paired them with it a white silk button down shirt and a pair of black pointed heels. I handed them to her. "Here go put these on." I said.

"You're a lifesaver honey." She said walking to the bathroom.

"I know." I said smiling. After a couple of minutes, she came back out. We both walked downstairs and sat in the living room and watched some tv.

"Are you nervous?" My mom asked.

"No, not one bit. I just want to get this over with." I said truthfully.

"Olivia, remember what we talked about." She said looking at me. I just sighed and nodded. Give him a chance, Olivia. The doorbell rang.

"Well, mom aren't you going to get it?" I asked.

"Really, Liv?" She said shooting a look at me.

"Yes, really." I said.

My mom got up from the couch and walked over to the door.

"Hi, Lucas." My mom said opening the door. He's here. I mentally face-palmed myself.

"Hi, Natalie. Can I come in?" I heard him say. My mom moved over to the side to let him in.  I stood up from the couch fixing my clothes. My dad and I locked eyes. There he was. The first man to break my heart.

"Liv." He said. I don't know why but instead of feeling anger, hurt, and rage like I thought I was, I found myself smiling a little.

"Daddy." I said wanting to cry.

"Hey baby girl."He said. He walked over to give me a hug. "You look beautiful princess." He added on. I just embraced his hug. I missed him so much.

I thought I could stay mad but once I saw him, the little girl in me came back. We let go of each other.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I said.

"Let's sit down." He said gesturing to the couch. We both sat down. "So, what I have to tell you is really important and I honestly don't know how you are going to take it." He said.

"What is it?" I questioned.

"I'm a vampire."He said. We stared at each other in complete silence until I burst into laughter.

"You're a vampire, that's a good one. Now seriously what is it you wanted to tell me?" I said still laughing.

"I'm a vampire. Just listen. When you were born, you were the most innocent person I've seen in all my years of living and I didn't want to rob you of a normal childhood.I wanted you to be a sweet girl who had a normal life. In order to let you have that, I had a witch cast a spell on you so whenever you meet your beloved you can fully turn into a vampire. But if you don't get marked before 21, you'll die." He said. He's serious.

"Is mom one too?" I asked.

"No. She wanted to stay human unlike me where I was born this way." My dad said.

"This is a lot to take in. You're a vampire and so am I. But it just hasn't been triggered yet." I said trying to get some clarification. He just nodded his head.

"Well, technically you are a dhampir. It just means that you are half human and half vampire. You are immortal and can also drink blood, but you don't have the same weaknesses as a vampire who was bitten and turned." He said.

"What do you mean by my beloved?" I asked.

"Your beloved is like your other half. It's also called a mate. They are made just for you. There is a lot of lore behind them but it's pretty much someone destined for you and only you. You can reject the bond but it's hard to find another mate as there isn't usually  two made for you." He said.

"This is a lot to take in, but please go on." I said.

"Once you meet your mate, you are not just automatically called mate. Your mate has to bite you on your neck, claiming you as theirs. The same goes for you. But if you don't you can go into stage of vulnerability where if you see another vampire, you can mark them and they can mark you. Lastly, at the end of all this" He cleared his throat "you guys would have to have sex with one another." He said.

I was in complete shock.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 389 years old." He said and I let out a gasp.

"Well, you don't look a day over 30." I said trying to lighten the mood. My mom laughed.

"Thank you princess." He said laughing.

"Is mom your mate?" I asked.

"Yes, she is actually, I waited all my life for her to come around and then we mated and you came along. Has anyone you met recently made you all feel tingly inside like shivers running up and down your spine?" He said. Kaiden. He can't be a vampire. I thought.

"Yes, just one specific person." I said. My mom gasped and started squealing.

"What's his name?" My dad asked.'

"Kaiden Carlyle." I said. My dad's eyes opened in shock.

"He's the prince." My dad said. I bursted out in laughter.

"Yea sure he's a prince." I said still laughing. "What does that make me then.... his soon-to-be princess?" I said still laughing.

"Yes, that's exactly what it means, Liv." My dad said. I cleared my throat.

"So you're telling me the guy that I am supposed to go out on a date with tonight is a vampire and not only is he a vampire, but a vampire prince at that. And if I complete this mating process with him, I'll become a vampire princess. No that can't be right." I said.  What have I gotten myself into?

"Yes, that is exactly what I am saying . Kaiden is your beloved." My dad said.

"Oh goody." I said.

Suddenly, everything had got quiet. "Why did you leave?"I finally asked.

"I knew you were going to ask that question. I left because the council was chasing me. They wanted me dead because I mated with your mother but I did not turn her into a vampire. They also thought that you were a threat as well so I had to leave." My dad said.

"Wow. All this time I thought you left mom for another woman." I said.

"Uh no I couldn't do that even if I wanted to. Sadly, I had to reject your mom. Reasons of course she didn't want to be turned and she didn't want to live her life knowing she still had some type of connection towards me." He said.

"But I don't blame her for it. When she would pass later on in her life, I wouldn't be able to handle the pain knowing that the connection I once had with your mother was slowly fading away. It was the best for both of us." My dad said staring at her.

"Wow you guys had been through a lot." I said.

Kaiden has a lot of explaining to do.

"Mom, can I be excused?" I asked.

"Yes sure honey." She said. I went upstairs and called Kaiden.

Hello

Hey Kaiden, it's Olivia. But you knew that already. I know we are going out later but I was wondering if you could come over right now.

Yea sure. I'll be there in 20 minutes.

Okay great.

"Liv, do you want to come to brunch with me and your dad?" My mom yelled.

"No, I'll just stay here. You and dad can catch up." I said.

"Ok honey, we'll be back in a couple hours." She yelled back. I heard the door open and close.

I just turned on my tv waiting for the time to pass. After a couple of minutes, my phone buzzed.

From: Kaiden

I'm outside.

I went downstairs and opened the door for him. "Hi." I said smiling a little bit.

"Hi." He said. I stepped to the side so that he could come in. We both sat on the couch just in silence. I didn't know how to approach him on this topic. I just wanted to know the truth.

"Kaiden, are you a vampire?" I asked looking in his eyes. He looked shocked as if he wasn't expecting me to figure it out so quick.

"Olivia, you sound crazy." He said laughing a little.

"Kaiden, just tell me the truth. II want us to start being honest with one another." I said truthfully. He sighed.

"Yes. I am a vampire." He said. My dad was right.

"How did you figure it out?" He asked.

"My dad is one and told me everything about it. Even how you could possibly be my beloved." I said looking at Kaiden.

"I knew you were my beloved  from the first moment we met. I just didn't want to tell you and scare you away. But I am also a prince." He said.

""Can you show me?" I asked.

"You want me to show you my vampire?"He asked and I nodded sheepishly.

"Um okay." He said. I watched as his eyes changed from blue to red and his fangs elongate out of his mouth. Overall, he looked beautiful.

I placed my hand on his cheek but he had moved his face away. "No, don't look away." I said.

He puts his hand on my face and uses his thumb to stroke my jaw. I couldn't say anything. Nothing needed to be said. I don't want to move from him or from any of this.

I place my hand on his arm that touches my face and smiled him. He gently placed his lips on mine and it fits mine perfectly.

This was perfect.

I move my hands to his chest, and in response, he wraps his arm around my waist. He pulls me in closer to him and deepens the kiss. He held me so tightly as if he never wanted to let me go.

"Why aren't you scared?" He asked.

"There's nothing to be scared of. I'm not scared of you. You're just different, that's all." I said smiling.

He pecked my lips again. "Thank you." He said.

"Your welcome." I said.

"So is everyone in the school one or is it just you?" I asked  .

"Um well, Westwood is pretty much a school full of vampires. We just blend in well enough so no one really said anything." Kaiden said.

"So you are completely human?" He asked.

"No and yes. I'm technically a dhampir. But my dad had a witch cast a spell on me when I was born so my beloved would be the one to trigger my vampire side. But if I don't mate with that person before I am 21, I can die." I said.

"You don't have to worry about that." Kaiden said.

"How come?" I asked.

"Because I'll be damned if I let anything happen to you. I waited my entire life for you and I won't let you get away so quick." He said. My heart fluttered.

"I don't care if we just met. You already mean the world to me." Kaiden said.  We were so close to each other that even the slightest breath we took we could feel. We were just staring into each other's eyes.

Trying to find all the flaws but I couldn't find any. He was perfect to me. We placed our lips on each other. He put his hand on my cheek pulling me closer. I wrapped my arm around his neck trying to give him just as much affection as he was giving to me.

He nibbled on my bottom lip as our tongues danced with one another. I moaned into the kiss and he smiled right after. I was the first to pull away but not without pecking his lips once more.

"Olivia, please don't give up on me. I may have almost have  1,000 years under my belt but I still make mistakes. Please don't give up on me." He said.

"I won't." I said. He smiled and pecked my lips again.

"So are we still on for our date?" Kaiden asked.

"Yes, we are." I said. Kaiden got up from the couch and held out his hand.

"Well, come on. I have a date to take you on." Kaiden said smiling. I grabbed his hand and we walked out of the house.

Kaiden held the door open for me and closed it once I sat inside. He jogged around the car and got inside.  He started the car and drove off.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Don't worry, it's a surprise." He said.

"Ok. So tell me more about yourself."

"Well, I am the middle child out of 3 boys. I lived all over the world but that's only so people don't start to get suspicious as to why I wasn't aging. My parent's names are Emalia and Ezra Carlyle. King and Queen of the Lamia Kingdom. There's not much to tell." He said.

"I'm pretty sure there is. You are a vampire prince for crying out loud. There has to be some perks to that." I said.

"There is. But it does start to get boring. Girls only start to get close to me because they want to be royalty. It has been the same faces for the past couple of hundred years." He said.

"Well yea that probably sucks." I said letting out a small laugh. We fell into a comfortable silence.

After a couple of minutes, we were in the woods where Kaiden stopped the car.

"Uh, Kaiden." I said unsure of what he was trying to do.

"Do you trust me?" He asked looking me in the eyes.

"Yes." I said looking back at him. He smiled.

"But I'm not really wearing the proper shoes for this." I added on looking down at my shoes.

"Come on." He said laughing getting out of the car. I grabbed my bag and got out of the car. I walked over to Kaiden and he held his hand out for me to hold. I happily placed my hand in his as he led the way.

"It's not that far but I want you to close your eyes." I said. I looked at him in confusion.

"Trust me, just close your eyes." He said. I just sighed and closed my eyes. Soon enough we were walking further into the woods.

"Ok you can look now." He said. I opened my eyes and I gasped.

"Kaiden, I don't know what to say." I said in awe.

"This is beautiful." I added on.

"I always come in these woods whenever I want to escape from everything else. I thought this is where our first date should be." Kaiden said.

I just hugged him. He held me tight in his warm embrace. I never want to let go.

Kaiden took a piece of my blonde hair and twisted it between his fingers. He then leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"Come on, I don't want the food and stuff to go to waste." Kaiden said. He led me to the blankets and let me sit down first. He opened the picnic basket and there were sandwiches, snacks, juice, and water.

"When we first met, you asked if I knew of someone by the name of Amelia."  I said to him. Kaiden's whole demeanor changed and he cleared his throat. "What was that about?" I asked.

"Remember how I said I'm 700 years old. Well my parents were actually the ones who founded Westwood. I didn't live here my entire life but this was always home." He said.

"I grew restless with finding my beloved. But I fell in love with this girl back in the late 1800s. Her name was Amelia. I was planning on marrying her and turning her. The problem was that she was human. You and her look exactly alike."

"My parents had a problem with that and disapproved of our relationship especially since she wasn't destined to be with me and she was a human. They had her killed." He said tearing up.

"When I found out, I was so angry and hurt I ended up killing three people. After I realized what I had done, I came here and I was planning on killing myself." He added on.

"Kaiden, I'm so sorry that you went through that." I said. I reached over and hugged him.

"I'm fine now. I've forgiven my parents a long time ago." He said.

"Sometimes, parents make decisions because they think they are protecting us. We are not going to always agree with them but they are still our parents." I said smiling at him.

"When it comes to you though, I'm going to be with you every step of the way, Kaiden. No matter what." I said.

He smiled at me and kissed me.

Bridget Regan as Natalie Howard (Olivia's Mom)

Matthew McConaughey as Lucas Jacobsen(Olivia's Dad)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68K 2.2K 41
ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟᴀᴄᴇ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ sᴀᴠᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ. ᴛʜᴇʀᴇs ɴᴏ ʟɪᴍɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪᴍ ɢɪᴠᴇɴ, ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇʟᴀᴄᴇ. ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ʙʏ ᴍɪᴄʜᴇʟ'ʟᴇ
25.8K 565 18
"They say you gotta refrain to get rewarded, but fucking is an addiction. The more you fuck the more you want it." When you have a persistent sense o...
270K 1.7K 11
Book 1 of The Conquest Series Addiction: Webster's dictionary describes it as a compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance (such as her...
35 0 30
A story based on dealing with troubled relationships, heartbreaks and mental gameplay taking the turn for the worst.