Lakewood✔️

By angel48183

Malia has just moved to a small town with her parents, although this small town carries a deadly secret. Wit... More

Lakewood
New arrivals
First day hassles
Did you cream your pants?
OCD is a bitch
Study buddies
Unrequited crush
Everyone deserves their first kiss to be special
Awkwardness at its best
Can we talk?
Curfew's suck and so does having a chaperone
How was it?
Jealousy is a bitch and so are you
Trouble on the horizon: the homecomingg chapter
Mammoth sleepover and other issues
Something to talk about
Fall festival
Creepy doesn't even began to explain things
In for a big surprise
The Lake Effect
Secrets can destroy you if you let them
Wake up
Birthday surprise
We have a slight problem
There has to be a connection
A promise is forever: A Christmas Chapter
Time to investigate with a little help
Curiosity almost killed the cat
Let's play a game
Cat and mouse
Get out of the house!
Fallout

Getting close

1.3K 74 24
By angel48183

We sat there flipping through comics books when I said, "Luka, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Am I a lousy kisser?"

He stopped and looked at me, "What?"

"I asked if I'm a lousy kisser."

He turned his head and gave me a look, "You don't know if your a good kisser or not?"

"Well, no. You see, you're the first guy I ever kissed."

He turned, so he was facing me directly, "Wait a minute. Are you telling me I'm you're the first kiss?"

"When you put it like that, you make me sound weird."

"Are you sure?"

"I think I would know if I kissed someone or not," I said a matter of fact.

The next thing I knew, he pulled me onto his lap. He reached and placed his hands in my hair, holding my head. I straddled his lap as he pulled my lips to him. The kiss started slow, but he deepened it as he engulfed my lips with his.

After a minute, we came up for air, and he looked at me, "You are an amazing kisser. Even when I kissed you the very first time."

I felt my cheeks heat and placed my hands on them. Luka moved his hands away until they rested on mine, running my hands away from my cheeks, "Don't. I like to see you blush."

He leaned in and kissed me again, then pulled back.

"Malia, I like you."

"I like you too."

"No, I mean like you."

"Yeah, I like you too."

He rubbed his face in frustration, "What I mean is, will you go out with me?"

"Like a date?"

"Well, that's what they usually call it."

"Sure," I smiled.

"And they say I'm slow," he sighed, and I tapped him.

"Hey!"

He chuckled. "You're killing me; you know that?"

"How so?"

"I've been trying to get you to notice me for the longest time, and it went right over your head," he said, waving his hand over his head.

"Well, sorry. It's not like I know these things. I've never gone out with a guy, let alone kissed one until now. Give me a flipping break," I groaned.

He chuckled at my inexperience, and I shot him a glare. He placed his hands on my hips and leaned in and kissed me. There was a knock at the door, and we both stopped and turned to see mom. She waved a finger at us to see her.

We both got up, and I asked, "What's up?"

"You're dad called; there's been a situation."

I looked at her as she continued, "They found a girl who's your age in the woods behind the school."

"Okay?"

"She was murdered."

My mouth went agape as did Luka's mouth.

"As of right now, they are issuing a city-wide curfew along with surrounding cities, meaning no one is to leave the house tonight."

I looked at Luka, and he looked at me when she said, "Guess you're staying the night on the couch Luka."

"When did they find her?" I asked, sidestepping the fact Luka was staying the night.

"This evening. You dad and the others figure it happened late afternoon."

"But my dad can come to pick me up," Luka offered.

"Unfortunately, he can't. Gabe said they would be working late sorting through evidence and identifying the girl. They still need to contact her parents. Sorry guys," she said casually, then left.

I was shocked and walked back into my bedroom, "Luka, something happened this afternoon."

"What?"

"Just before you found me, I had stopped before I hit the woods. Something didn't feel right, and when I was hiding behind the dumpster, I heard footsteps along with something thrown into the dumpster," I said to him, and he looked at me, furrowing his eyebrows.

Whoever was doing this, I had my first encounter with them, and that scared me.

******
While we are dealing with this, other problems were arising. Niko was over at Damon's house when his father showed up to collect him from his mother's house.

"Where is he, Maria?" The deputy yelled.

"He's not here!"

The Deputy ran up the stairs and searched around with Maria hot on his heels. She found him going through Niko's bedroom.

"Henry, stop! You can't do this!"

"I can do whatever the hell I want! That's my boy," he growled.

"Oh, you mean your toy!"

He stopped and looked at her, "What did you say? What did you say, you whore?"

She glared at him, "I know Henry. You don't think I see what happens to him when he returns, how he begs me not to go! Get out of my house!"

"Not before I find out where he is!"

"Fine. Have it your way!"

She walked away and grabbed her phone.

Maria? What's wrong?

"Joe, Henry is here, and he won't leave," her tone upset.

Where's Luka?

"He's over at Malia's house. He can't leave because of the curfew."

"Hang up the phone, Maria," Henry barked.

"Joe!"

On my way! Don't hang up the phone!

Henry grabbed Maria and threw her down as the phone went flying. As she scurried to get away, Henery pulled her back, pinning her down as Henry hit her, "You want to keep my boy from me, then I guess you get his punishment."

She scratched and clawed at Henry as he continued his assault on her. When he finished, he got up and walked away, leaving her bloody and battered.

She groaned as she opened an eye to see the blood. Then she screamed. Joe pulled up with Dad and ran from the car.

"Maria!"

He ran up the stairs when he heard her, and they came upon the bloody mess of Maria in the hallway. Her eye was already starting to blacken, and her nose broke. As Joe helped her, Dad called for an ambulance.

"H-he came for Niko," she stammered out.

Joe looked at her as he addressed her wounds, "Where is Niko?"

"Damon's house. I didn't tell him, Joe. I knew he would be safe," she said quietly.

"Good. Charlie's boy won't tolerate Henry coming to his house, and neither will Charlie."

"Ambulance is on its way. Go with Maria. I'll head home and tell Luka," Dad said.

"Thanks, Gabe."

Dad left shortly after and called Charlie.

He did what?

"Charlie, it was bad. Go home. Let Niko know. I'm on me to my house to tell Luka. I want that Deputy's head on a platter," Dad ordered.

No problem there. Whatever happens, keep Luka there. He hates the Deputy and is looking for a chance to lay him out.

"Well, hopefully, Malia will talk some sense into him. Talk to you soon."

******
Charlie arrived home and went up to Damon's bedroom to find Niko. He opened the door to find them playing video games. They both looked at him, and Damon asked, "Thought you had to work late?"

He had a concerned look on his face as he entered the room, "Niko, it's your mom."

Niko rose as did Damon.

"What about my mom?" Niko asked with concern.

"Your dad came looking for you. It was bad. Joe and Maria on their way to the hospital."

Niko's eyes widened, and Charlie said, "Come on, I'll take you to go see her."

Niko left out of the room with Charlie and Damon following him.

******
Luka and I were cleaning up the comic books when I heard the front door open and close.

"That's weird," I said.

"What is?"

"Dad's working late. I wonder why he is home?"

"How do you know it's your dad?"

"Trust me, I know," I smiled.

My door opened up to reveal my dad, "Luka, I need to talk to you."

We looked at each other as we both got up and walked over to him.

"There's been an incident."

Luka looked at him with his brows furrowing.

"Maria is on her way to the hospital with Joe right now."

"What?" Luka yelled.

"Yeah. It seems Niko's dad decided to pay her a visit looking for Niko. When he didn't find Niko, his fist found her face," dad said.

I looked at Luka and could see his face contorting with anger and his fist clench. I got in front of Luka and put my hands to his face, "Luka." He looked at me, "I know you're angry, but right now, you need to let our dads do their job."

"You don't understand. Maria is like a mom to me," he whispered.

"I know, but if you do anything, you won't get to see Maria. Luka, look at me. It's okay. I know you're angry. Let my dad and your dad do their job," I said in a soothing voice. I reached down and placed my hands on his fists as he started to relax them.

He looked at me, and I saw his facial expression change as his body relaxed a bit. Then before I knew it, Luka pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around me, burying his head into me. Then it happened. He cried. I stood there and held him, letting him cry.

Dad left us as we stood there. It was a side of Luka that I had never seen. The side of that little boy who just needed his mom.

Once Luka calmed down, we sat on the side of my bed. He sighed. I leaned my head on his shoulder and held his hand. I knew this was hard for him. I couldn't imagine losing my mom and possibly someone like a mom to me.

"Thanks," I heard him say.

I looked up at him, "You don't have to thank me."

"Yeah, I do. Most girls wouldn't do that."

"That's because I'm not most girls," I said calmly, and he chuckled.

"This is true. You are one of a kind," Luka said, looking at me.

"Eh, if you call having issues, one of a kind, I guess," I shrugged.

He pulled me onto his lap until I was facing him.

"No. You are kind, caring, smart, funny, and, most of all, beautiful. You have a beautiful soul."

"You think I'm beautiful?"

"Out of all that, you picked beautiful?"

I shrugged innocently, "Well, a girl has to have standards." I grinned.

"Malia, you are one of a kind."

"Yeah, I get that a lot."

He laughed as he pulled me into a kiss. I do believe this was a start to a beautiful friendship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.7K 3.2K 30
A group of friends get trapped in their school along with their history teacher. A single game of Truth Or Dare to pass the time, soon turns into a g...
328K 14.1K 26
Dove has been carrying a secret from her parents and feeling like they don't care anymore, she becomes isolated. Hawk notices things about Dove when...
14.1K 441 41
Max Forester hates his life. Well, his past life. He managed to escape it, but now that he can see the ghost of Marina Devon, the most popular girl i...
Keep me afraid By Riana

Mystery / Thriller

60 2 16
sometimes it's better not to know the truth... Gracie thinks she can start a new life in Laguna Beach after the tragic events of last year. But only...