inside my mind • lucaya

By aesthetic-bubbles

your mind can be a very unruly place. it's lucaya, what else do you need? More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
girl meets goodbye
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
oKay
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
itty bitty announcement
Chapter Twenty Nine
a note
Chapter Thirty
Epilouge
new book
y'all
10k
how?

Chapter Twenty Eight

565 20 2
By aesthetic-bubbles

I can't believe we are actually going to Texas again. The anticipation has been building for weeks and now it's happening.

Finally.

My phone buzzes and I see that it's Lucas.

"Hey Maya. Are you ready?" he asks.

"Actually no. I don't think it's going to be that fun," I joke, trying to maintain a serious tone.

"Wait what? I thought you were excited."

"Not really. It's just another trip, right? No big deal."

"Oh..."

"Lucas I'm joking." I still don't laugh.

"You sounded pretty serious."

"I mean if the art thing doesn't work out maybe I can be an actress."

"I hate you." He laughs.

"Not more than I hate you."

"Give me a break. You can't always win."

"It appears as if I already have." I laugh and hang up.

-

We all meet up at Riley's house. Lucas and Farkle are sitting on the couch talking while Riley is sitting on the floor eating a bag of chips. Zay and Smackle aren't here yet, but they should be here soon.

"I'm really excited," Farkle announced.

"Same," Riley, Lucas, and I say in unison.

"Don't do that again," Farkle says, and we all laugh.

"We won't." Riley smiles, sticking her hand into her bag to grab another chip.

Someone knocks on the door, so Lucas gets up to answer it. It's Zay. He seems really excited.

"Guys. I'm so ready you don't even understand." He jumps a few times for emphasis.

We talk for a bit before Farkle announces, "Smackle isn't coming."

"What?" Riley asks, pulling a confused face.

"I don't know, she said something came up," Farkle replies.

"That's kind of weird," Riley says, glancing up at the ceiling.

"Yeah," Zay chimes in.

"I guess we can go then, everyone grab your stuff," Topanga says.

-

We arrive in Texas hours later. I'm so glad to finally be here, I've missed this place a lot. I miss the stars and trees and campfires and actual houses.

''Let's go," Lucas grabs my hand. We walk out to where his grandfather is. He came to pick us up from the airport.

"Thanks for picking us up," Lucas says.

"Yeah. Thanks, Pappy Joe," I say. Lucas elbows me in the rib. I elbow him back, and eventually we are having an elbow fight in the back seat of the truck.

"Calm down you two," Pappy Joe says, shooting us a glare. I don't think he quite knows about the whole couple thing yet. We should probably tell him later.

"Sorry sir," Lucas apologizes. How adorable is that?

I lean over and whisper in his ear, "Sir."

He glances at me and leans over to whisper, in the thickest southern accent he has ever done, "I'm going to have to ask you to stop that, ma'am." He leans back and tips an imaginary hat at me.

I lean over and whisper, "I have never liked you more than now."

His mouth just sort of dropped a bit. I kind of regret saying what I did, but I think it fit the situation.

He leans back to my ear and whispers, "I hope that was supposed to be a compliment."

"It most definitely was, cowboy." Two can play this game.

"Are you sure, cowgirl."

"Not so much anymore. That cowgirl has personally disgusted me."

"And why is that?"

"I think you know."

"I think you're gonna have to explain it to me."

"I'd rather not, Ranger Rick."

"Alright, Pancake." I smack him in the face.

"Oh come on," he sighs out loud, breaking our whispered communications.

-

"So this fireplace is familiar," Riley says.

"Yeah, I'd say," Lucas adds.

"I wasn't here very long thanks to someone," Farkle says sarcastically.

"We had ice cream!" Riley tries to defend herself.

"Yes, and it was the best ice cream I've had in my entire life," Farkle says.

"How about we do it again?" Riley asks.

"I'd like that," Farkle says. Riley stands up and interlocks her arm with Farkle's. They walk away, leaving Lucas and I alone. Zay decided to stay back and sleep because he was tired.

"Do you want to try again?" Lucas asks out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Not too long ago, I missed out on the opportunity of my life, because I was scared. To be fair, I'm kind of glad I didn't because I don't know if it would have been okay with you. So this time, I don't want to ruin it again," he says thoughtfully.

"You know what... let's try again," I say. We both stand up and move next to the campfire, facing each other.

"Why do you make fun of me?" he asks.

"Because you're easy to make fun of," I say.

"Well then stop," he repeats.

I don't quite remember exactly what I said, so I skip ahead.

"If I did like you, don't you think I'd just come right out and say it? Well I don't, so what I do say is ha-hurr-" he places his hands on the back of my head and pulls us together, our lips touching.

For the first time, this didn't feel so weird. He moves his hands down to my waist, holding me tighter and pulling me closer against his body. He runs his fingers through my hair and I put my hands on the back of his neck.

This is so much better than the first time. We pull away, and walk over to the wood. We sit down, but quickly connect ourselves again after just a second of eye contact.

We kiss for a while, until we are both out of breath.

"That was so much better than the first time," I say. I lean over onto him, resting my head on his lap. He starts to run his fingers through me hair again, and it feels so so nice.

"I think I want to fall in love with you Maya Hart."

"I think I want to fall in love with you too, Lucas Friar."

Here we lay, even if for just a moment, under the star light. We are in our own perfect little universe. Everything feels just right.

-

Hello! So it's been far too long since I updated this. Thank you for being patient with me throughout this. I have had a lot (and I mean a lot) of school work so I haven't been able to find much time to update.

But anyways, thank you so much for continuing to read and vote. I really appreciate it. ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.4K 1.8K 39
The title says it all. I am also open to any other ship in all honesty, but if you want yours just request it.
7.5K 299 25
"dream dreams maya, your going to get everything you want in life." they had to grow up someday ;; this story is such shit. i don't know what i...
60.3K 2.7K 24
❝ i'm chasing roller coasters. i've got to have you closer now. endless romantic stories; you never could control me. ❞ © httpriarkle | 2017 rewrit...
5.1K 90 27
"Do you love her? Are you in love with her?" "Not like I love you. Not the way I'm in love with you." Sadness, heartbreak, and betrayal High school h...