Call Me Crazy [on hold]

By turnblue

“I’m the tickle monster; YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!” I cackled as Harry thrashed underneath my deathly hands beggi... More

Prologue - Goodbye...for now
Chapter 1 - Only 2 more days
Chapter 2 - I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Chapter 3 - Surprise!
Chapter 5 - Sugar rush
Chapter 6 - Stuttering cashier
Chapter 7 - Being famous
Chapter 8 - Cheesy moments
Chapter 9 - Annoying arse grabbers
Chapter 10 - Chocolate addict
Chapter 11 - Chocolate heaven
Chapter 12 - Bye bye Olympics
Chapter 13 - Dazed in a maze
Chapter 14 - Sparks fly, pigs fly

Chapter 4 - First impressions

6.2K 126 19
By turnblue

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

*****

CHAPTER 4 ● First impressions

Becca’s POV

When I awaken from my amazing night of sleep, I feel refreshed for some unknown reason. Maybe it’s because I didn’t have any wicked dinosaur haunting me in my unconscious state? Yeah, that’s probably it. Or it may have something to do with the awesome dream I had about having my best friend back. Who knows?

I try to get up from my bed but something is restraining me from doing so. Immediately, I shut my eyes tightly and start to panic. What if Lord Voldemort is here to eat me? OH NO! I’M TOO YOUNG TO DIE! Okay breathe, Becca, breathe. On the count of three, I shall open my eyes to discover the intruder trying to eat me. 1…2…3! I open my eyes one after the other only to come face to face with a bare chest.

Huh? What the poop? I trail my eyes upwards until it reaches a face. A very familiar face. I stifle a gasp. Is he real? Fascinated, I start poking the soft skin of the person’s cheeks. I accidentally poke the creature’s eye and it yelps. I can’t help but let out an “Eeeep!”

“What in the world are you doing, Becca?” says an amused voice coming from the Dream-Harry I was just poking.

“Yo-you’re re-real? I’m not dre-dreaming?” I stutter, stunned. I’m confused…

Dream-Harry just guffaws as I stare at him like he’s lost his mind. Maybe he has.

“N-n-no this is not a dream Becca; this is reality.” He manages so say through his laughter.

Just a few seconds later, something clicks in my head and I am abruptly assaulted with yesterday’s events. My eyes widen considerably. HARRY IS BACK!!! I suddenly attack him in a bear hug. “HAZZA!”

His chest vibrates as he laughs. “Ahahahaha good morning to you too Bex!”

I pull back and pout at him. “Not my fault I’m slow in the morning, okay! My brain just takes a bit slower to wake up from its unconscious state.” I defend myself in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Same old Becca, same old.” He sniggers with sparkling eyes.

“Come on you goof, we better get up or else all the food is going to be gone!” I announced making him shoot up at the word ‘food’. Typical boys.

After putting on decent clothes, we make our way downstairs following the appealing smell of pancakes.

“Good morning Harry! Good morning Becca!” My family choruses at the same time. It’s as if they practiced it…. which is kind of creepy if you ask me.

“Good morning earthlings!” I greet them in return while Harry just nods at them before diving into his seat and stuffing his face with one of the plates covered in food that was waiting for us on the table. No one bats an eye at my weird greeting. What can I say; they’re used to my unusual behaviour if that’s what you want to call it.

“So kids, anything planned for today?” My mom questioned us.

Harry chewed all his food before answering because he knows how much my mom hates it when we talk with our mouth full; she says it’s very rude and disgusting. “Yeah, we’ll just hang out here, and then my mates are coming over so I can introduce them.”

“Okay, well you kids behave, alright? Robert and I are taking Zack to the zoo today because he’s been begging us for weeks.” My mom stated before getting up and putting her plate in the dishwasher followed by my dad and Zack. (A/N- Robert is Becca’s dad)

“Yeah, yeah,” we all answered her distantly, more focused on what we were going to do to pass our time.

“I’ll text Megan to come over,” I let them know before taking my phone out of my pocket to text her.

“Oh yeah, is it okay if I invite my girlfriend over to meet the guys, bro?” My brother asks Harry. Melissa is a pretty big fan so she would love meeting them and Jake never misses an opportunity to make her happy. That’s how whipped he is, although it’s quite sweet if you think about it. Despite them being one of her favorite bands, she’s not an overly obsessed fan so I know she won’t be any trouble.

“Yeah sure mate,” Harry agrees with the request before Jake eagerly whips out his phone to tell his girlfriend the good news.

‘Whipped’, Harry mouths to me when Jake is too busy talking on his phone. I giggle and nod my head in agreement.

“I’ll never get used to it,” Harry whispers, shaking his head slightly. I can understand him; Jake has never been so attentive towards a girl before. It’s quite shocking how much he changed… in a good way though, and all thanks to Melissa.

“Hey guys! Why don’t we chill by the pool? It’s pretty hot outside.” My brother suggested after getting off the phone with Melissa.

“Good idea Jakey!” I exclaimed as Harry agreed and quickly left to go find his swimming trunks upstairs in his room. Did I mention that even though he doesn’t use his room in my house, he still uses the closet so that he doesn’t have to go home if he needs clothes? Genius, right?

After the girls arrived, I let them each borrow one of my many bikinis. Mine is black with a few pink hearts on each piece, Megan’s is white with dark blue polka-dots and Melissa chose a multicolored stripped one. If I do say so myself, we look pretty hot in our swimsuits. Even Mickey Mouse would be drooling if he saw us! But then Minnie Mouse would be furious that her man is looking at other females so… Oh whatever! You get the picture.

We met the boys by the pool in the backyard, but not before grabbing some sodas on our way there. The boys wolf whistled at us as we came out of the house. Jake was entranced by Melissa and when she blushed under his heated gaze, Meg and I couldn’t help but giggle. They were so cute together! As for Harry, he seemed dazed but I have no idea if he was looking at me, Megan or both. Probably Megan because I was his best friend; we were practically family for crying out loud! 

It was really sunny so the girls and I decided to do some tanning as the boys were in the water tossing around a beach ball. Relaxing, I had my eyes closed when a shadow was cast over me, blocking my sun. I was suddenly lifted in the air with strong arms holding me and my eyes snapped open immediately towards the culprit who dared interrupt my peace. Guess who the jerk was! If you guessed my so-called best friend Harry, then you guessed right. That son-of-a-biscuit! Ugh!

“HARRYYY! DON’T YOU DARE DO WHAT I THINK YOU’RE GOING TO DO!” I screeched at the top of my lungs trying to get out of his firm hold.

“Sorry Bex, no can do!” he replied cheekily.

“HARRY EDWARD STYLES PUT ME DOWN NOW!!!” I hollered as I heard Melissa squealing, “JACOB TYLER RICHARDSON! DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!” I guess she has the same problem as me. The boys were now near the edge of the pool.

With one last attempt to save myself, I yelled, “HARRY I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU –“

SPLASH!  

THAT BASTARD IS SO GOING TO GET IT! NO ONE AND I MEAN NO ONE MESSES WITH THIS GIRL AND GETS AWAY WITH IT! I shall beat him with my ninja skills! Oh maybe I can call for backup – an army of teddy bears! They do owe me after I saved Mr. Pink-teddy-bear’s life from an starving dinosaur the other day.

As soon as I resurfaced from the water, I dashed out of the pool and towards a laughing Harry. Oh he thinks that’s funny hunh? I’ll show him what’s funny! My fist in his face! Nah, just kidding, calm down I won’t do anything to his pretty face so don’t worry.

He started running around the yard with me at his heels. I was chasing him like a predator would its prey. RAWR! That’s right, be afraid… be very afraid! Muahahaha.

When I was close enough, I pounced on his back with a battle cry and he yelped as we both went down. Landing on the grass with a thud, he let out a few curse words while I whooped, straddling his back. I leaned down next to his ear and whispered, “Payback’s a witch,” before I quickly started my revenge by tickling him to death. Have I mentioned that Harry is extremely ticklish? Hehe I’m so evil.

“Are they always like this?”

“Pretty much.” I heard voices conversing but I paid it no mind since I was focused on getting my pay back.

“STOP! STOP! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Harry was now gasping for air. Good; that means my devious plan is working – to tickle him to death. *wink wink*

“I’m the tickle monster; YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!” I cackled as Harry thrashed underneath my deathly hands begging for mercy. Not that I would ever give it to him; the jerk deserved it for throwing me in the pool after I told him not to!

Sounds of bodies hitting the ground had me and Harry frozen in place. We both looked up to a very comical scene. Four grown boys were all rolling on the ground roaring with laughter. Uh… what the fudgeballs?

Harry was just as confused as me. “Umm… what- where- how- when did you get here?!”

When I looked at them closely, I realized they were Harry’s band mates and not my backup army of teddy bears. Aw man! I mentally sighed.

Jake was the one who answered seeing as the boys on the ground were now panting for air. “Ha-ha. You guys were too busy with your tickle fight that you didn’t even hear the doorbell ring five minutes ago so I went to answer it. They’ve been watching you for FIVE minutes and you guys didn’t even notice until they literally dropped to the floor due to laughing so hard!”

Mine and Harry’s mouths instantly formed an ‘O’ shape. They’d been watching us for a whole five minutes? I HAD NO IDEA!

“Are you ninjas? I didn’t even hear you come!” I blurted out without thinking.

My comment sent the four boys into another fit of laughter. What’s so funny? Do they have a mental disability that makes them laugh non-stop or what?

They laughed even harder as my friends sent me amused glances. Had I said that out loud by accident?

“Yes you did,” my brother answered, trying not to laugh. WHAT! DID HE JUST…?

“Are you psychic?! HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME! YOUR OWN SISTER!” I cried outraged that he would keep such a secret from me. Who wouldn’t be?

At this, everyone around me burst out laughing. I let out an annoyed sigh. What the cheese is so funny?!

“N-no I am not psychic, you said that out loud too, sis,” Jake let me know after his laughter subsided.

Oh. OH! Oops? What a nice first impression they must have of me…

The first one out of Harry’s band mates to get his laughter under control stepped forward to introduce himself.

“Hey, I’m Liam! And you must be Becca!”

“OH! The sensible one!” I exclaimed, remembering how Harry had described them the day before. His cheeks turned slightly rosy at my statement. Aww!

“Umm, yeah. Dow you want some help getting up?” he asked me with his arm outstretched. What? That’s when I realized I was still sitting on Harry’s back. Oopsie! I grabbed his hand and with a pull, he heaved me up.

“Thanks!” I replied with a grin as he did the same to Harry.

The others introduced themselves to me one by one as they had already done it to my friends when I was busy torturing Harry.

“Hi I’m Niall! And you, my friend, are hilarious!”

“Vas happenin’? I’m Zayn. I have to agree with Niall, love; you had all of us almost dying of laughter!”

“I LIKE HER!” said the last one to his friends, pointing at me with his index finger. “HI I’M LOUIS!” he added to me.

I smiled and waved at all of them before we all sat down in the lawn chairs to talk more. We chatted and ordered pizza when we started to get hungry. Niall was ecstatic, obviously.

I learned many new things just by hanging out with them:

-Never get between Nialler and his food; it can get pretty ugly.

-Louis is like my brother from another mother; our personalities just click!

-Zayn is very different than what I expected. He’s kind of got the whole mysterious and bad boy look going on, but he’s actually a sweetheart. He’s quiet at first, but once you talk to him for more than thirty minutes, he can be loud. He’s also the type of guy who doesn’t really let his emotions show unless he lets you in his life.

-Liam is the one that you go to when you need advice, an ear to listen to you or just a shoulder to cry on. Although he’s ‘Daddy Direction’, he still has his childish moments.  

All in all, they are awesome lads.

When it starts to get a bit chilly, we decide to head inside. I’m guessing my parents went to bed as it’s already eleven PM. Megan and Melissa leave after saying their goodbyes to us. Of course, Jake accompanied Melissa to the door for their goodnight kiss. *wink wink*  

The boys were too exhausted to drive back to their hotel so Jake and I just suggested they sleep here since we had more than enough bedrooms to accommodate them seeing as our house was huge. They hastily agreed, just wanting to sleep already. They had each brought a small bag with some spare clothes because Harry had texted them to bring some just in case. It seems Harry’s brilliant idea was handy after all. We showed them to their rooms before exchanging goodnights and heading to our own beds.

As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light, faintly aware of Harry lying next to me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 126 16
Harry and Louis have the perfect relationship. They laugh together, cry together, kiss and dance together. They're in heaven. Behind closed doors. I...
50.8K 386 49
Gabby is a junior high school student in Atlanta. She had a vacation in London with her family which lead her to knowing Harry and his 1 direction f...
382K 10K 64
Emily goes to a One Direction concert with her best friend and as she's walking out she gets kidnapped by he mates. Find out what happens in this one...
22.6K 209 38
Maddie is reunited with Liam and the boys! A lot has been going on in Maddie's troubled life, but it only will get better!