Master's Vampire (Book 1 of T...

By c_kewpid

Evelyn, a Disabled vampire, slowly learns about feelings after being bought by her Master as a gift for his h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 11

9.6K 435 68
By c_kewpid

A/N: Now that the intro has been established, it's time to move onto the...not so entertaining part in a noble's life of politics, meetings, married life, and...you guessed it...affairs?

I hibernate for two days before waking. It seems almost surreal that Morgan let me rest. I pay Master a visit and he acts as if nothing has changed and gives me a new order. Except everything has.

Sitting in the rose garden across the doll-like figure, I pour more rose tea for her. She closes her eyes as she faces the morning sun, enjoying the warmth. In the light, her ash gray eyelashes almost shine white like the glistening snow that I have only seen at the Border from afar. At the Border, a wide and eternally flowing ice river divides the land between us vampires and the human-liking wolves. We are to stay away from there, but I recall my father bringing me there once as a child. It is common to throw corpses into the river because they flow down the stream, completely dematerializing. I couldn't help but memorize the beautiful scene of white that laid before me upon my intended one way visit.

"Evie, I'm very glad you're here." Alvena calls me this ever since she moved into the castle. I am slowly learning to respond to this name but it is not easy to pick up.

"Why?" Most of the times, I do not know what she is thinking.

"I have a friend to talk to," she answers sweetly.

"Alvena, I am your personal maid, not your friend," I correct. She is strange, but she seems too dull to know.

"Evie, why do you think Master placed you beside me?" When I do not speak, she half giggles and imitates after Master's odd orders, "Answer truthfully."

How can we not? We serve them. So I do as commanded.

"The other maids say Master places a Disabled as your personal maid to humiliate you."

Instead of being offended, she laughs. "Evie, I tell you to answer truthfully." I did and my brows furrow in confusion. "Why do you think the master has you serve me?" she asks.

"Master places a Disabled to serve you even though there are plenty of competent maids to choose from. I can think of no other reason why on my own," I reply. But if Master really did wish so, everything that happened at the Hunter's Moon ceremony was unnecessary.

"I think," the pretty human clears her throat, "the Master is thoughtful."

"How so?"

"Well, you look at me differently from the other maids. For one, your eyes," she pauses before adding, "don't make me feel inferior or snack material."

"I will not eat you, Alvena."

"And your Master knows, so choosing you beside me is a wise choice." She gives me a wink. "Plus, you would eat anyone else who tries."

"I would." I'm not sure if "eat" is the right word, but if she wanted that, I would. Serving Alvena is my duty. Though Master is not married to her, she is officially his mistress so I've heard from the other maids. The Hunter Moon ceremony was to welcome her.

Alvena smiles at me and I can't help but look. She's so tiny even for a human, but so alluring.

"Well, either way, I'm happy," she sighs out as she gets up from her seat. After fixing the wrinkles in her dress, Alvena slips her hand around my arm. "Master Alek has invited me to lunch with his friends." She seems excited thinking about it. "And you get your chance to see Lord Perrot," she adds with another one-eyed blink.

I nod and follow her in to the dining hall. We are the first to arrive.

"Evie, where should I sit?" Alvena whispers to me while greeting London and Adrian with a shy dip of the head. Morwenna is apparently taking a break to rest. "This seat?" she points to the chair on the left side of the main chair.

"That's Master Lucien's normal seat," I answer. Mistress immediately takes her hands off the chair and hops over to the next one. "Is this one okay?" she asks.

Before I get to answer, a dark-haired vampire slips through the door and brushes behind me.

He gives me a quick smirk and then pulls out his chair, but rather than sitting in it himself, turns to Mistress.

"Please Madam," he stands patiently, holding the seat out. A surprised look hits her face first before a slight blush replaces it. Lifting her dress, she quickly scoots in and only when seated, did Master Lucien pull out a seat one away from her. I take to moving his table set to his new seat.

Alvena nudges me from the side. I ignore it thinking that it is an accident but then she starts making faces.

"Master Lucien," I address and he turns to me, with his still unreadable expression. "I wanted to...apologize for the inconvenience last time."

"A 'thank you' would be plenty, no need for formal apologies," he says, amusement in his voice. I only stare at him.

"Okay." I walk back next to Irina who greets me with a bright smile. She is much friendlier with me nowadays.

The doors swing open as Adrian escorts Master Niles and Master Liam inside with Master walking alongside. Alvena jumps from her seat as if greeting them and Master Lucien lets out a chuckle as the three vampires trickle in. Master Niles plants himself down right away, but observing that Master Alek remains standing, he reluctantly gets back up.

"Please," Master motions for Mistress to take her seat first.

"Yes, thank you, Master Aleksandar," Alvena mutters quietly.

"Like last time," Master smiles at her with his especially golden eyes. "Alek is fine."

She nods shyly and keeps her head down as the masters engage in conversation regarding the human and vampire populations within their own districts. I learn there is an important meeting for the high nobles of the Western Province very soon. Every twenty years or so, they present their findings and statistics to the Pureblood assigned to the area.

I wonder if I should be eavesdropping on such important matters. But I can't help it, I have to stand in line.

"The human population in Argid has increased," Master shares his news with slight concern. "Except four percent below the forecasted level. That is, not accounting for possible exaggerated numbers from the reports." He puts down his papers and folds his hands. "What of yours?"

"We are below five percent from the last census," Master Liam sighs as he sips from his usual.

"Negative two percent," Master Lucien says, not too dissatisfied after hearing the prior two.

Master Niles struggles hiding a grin. "Our human population has, on the contrary, exceeded the forecasted levels. There is a nine percent increase from twenty years ago," he boasts. "Vampire population is also on a steady increase of two percent per year." He makes no effort to hide his pride. I admire how he loves his people.

I go refill their glasses. Master casually throws in, "Niles, Evelyn is from Ashenvale."

Master Niles's jaw drops and Master Liam has to push it back up.

"The Disabled is from Ashenvale?" he whispers in horror to Master. I hear him clearly though. Master nods and the Lord of Ashenvale tilts back upright in his own seat. He lets out a hesitant laugh. "Of what family, if I may ask?"

"The Ayers, Master Niles," I reply as I pour into his almost empty glass. Master Liam lets out a laugh as he tries pushing Master Niles's jaw up again.

When he collects himself, he grabs my hand in disbelief. "How come I never heard of you? I am close friends with the Ayers," he interrogates.

"They hid me most of the time and left me at the Western church when I was old enough to train. They fear I will disgrace them because I am a Disabled," I answer with ease. But Alvena puts down her fork and stops eating, seeming upset. "So now I am a resident of Argid."

"How unfortunate," Master Niles sympathizes. "Evelyn, was it?" I nod. "Even though you're disabled, I would still acknowledge you as a citizen of Ashenvale."

"Okay." Only Master Liam's glass is left. He holds it out for me, so I pour from there.

Master Niles leans in to his best friend and whispers, "Be a good boy. Don't drop it this time." Master Liam's eyebrow twitches as he brings his cup back to his lips. Something tells me he would not drop it this time, but even if he does, I can always catch it.

All in all, breakfast is as usual and I escort milady back to her room under Master's orders. Alvena tells me she does not need my services for now and instead go serve Master. He is not in his study nor inside the castle, so I go to the garden. Behind a thick vine in a hidden corner, I finally find him.

"Mast-" I hold myself, as I spot Master together with a familiar female guest from afar.  

*****

9/22/17 A/N: You guys are so awesome! Your votes/comments/reading lists/shares has brought Master's Vampire to yet another new high rank of #116!! I REALLY appreciate all your support :D

Hope to see you next Friday!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 571 33
Some people are more unlucky than others, Evelyn knows this more than most, after being kidnapped from her house she finds herself at the mercy of cr...
19.3K 1.3K 28
Evelyn Sapphire, a young college student. She works hard in her degree, but plays even harder at night. With her best friend by her side, an Australi...
7M 267K 64
"Come here" he said motioning for me to step closer. I knew that I had to obey his every word. It was just that my body decided not to move. "I will...
142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...