Old Friends, New Beginnings |...

By mayaxwriter

PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushe... More

Part 1 - Kids (Prologue)
Part 2 - Back to Queens
Part 3 - Hey Parker...
Part 4 - Just Friends...
Part 5 - Spider-Boy
Part 7 - Night Talk
Part 8 - Homecoming Tears
Part 9 - Cloud Nine
Part 10 - Homecoming Game
Part 11 - Dinner Butterflies
Part 12 - "You look perfect tonight"
Part 13 - Airport Meetings
Part 14 - Just Leave...
Part 15 - I Missed You
Part 16 - Gemini
Part 17 - Tony Stark
Part 18 - Mind Messages
Part 19 - Elise
Part 20 - The Gift
Part 21 - Burns
Part 22 - Partners
Part 23 - Banks and Secrets
Part 24 - The New Guy
Part 25 - Birthday Surprises (Part 1)
Part 26 - Birthday Surprises (Part 2)
Part 27 - Questions
Part 28 - Goodbyes and Lies
Part 29 - Drunk from Love
Part 30 - Forget
Part 31 - Ember
Part 32 - Thoughts
Part 33 - Confession
Part 34 - Back Again
Part 35 - Work Lies
Part 36 - Dad
Part 37 - Dinner
Part 38 - Discovery
Part 39 - Consequences
Part 40 - Delmar's
Part 41 - Job Offer
Part 42 - Bottom Bunk
Part 43 - The Ticket
Part 44 - The Call
Part 45 - MJ
Part 46 - Explanation
Part 47 - A Walk
Part 48 - After School
Part 49 - Mom
Part 50 - Reassurance
Part 51 - Meeting
Part 52 - Hero Talks
Part 53 - Safe
Part 54 - Dress
Part 55 - The Last Night
Author's Note & Sequel Tease

Part 6 - Web Fluid

12.5K 365 825
By mayaxwriter

*Previous Chapter*

The next morning I woke up in my bed. 'Did I dream about meeting Spider-Man?"

I crawl out of bed and see a piece of paper on my night stand:

Y/N, it was nice talking to you last night. I carried you in and put you in your bed after you fell asleep. I hope we can talk again sometime.

- Spider-Man (Spider-Boy)

I laugh to myself and put the note back on my dresser. I head downstairs to get some breakfast.

It wasn't until thirty minutes later that a question strikes my mind, 'How did Spider-Man know my name?'

For the rest of the weekend the questions kept spinning around my mind. 'I never told him my name, right?'

The only reasonable explanation is that when he carried me to my room, he saw something with my name on it. I looked around my room for anything that said my name on it, but I couldn't find something that he would have seen.

I pulled out my phone and texted one of my best friends from Michigan:

Y/N: Elise! I have an issue!!

Elise: What happened??

Y/N: You know who Spider-man is right? The new superhero in Queens?

Elise: Of course!! All the girls here are falling head over heels for him! THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW OLD THE GUY IS!                                                                                                                                       

Y/N: I met him yesterday. 

Elise: Excuse me...WHAT?

Y/N: I was outside on my balcony and he just decided to swing by and hang out with me. He's super nice and sweet, and his voice makes him sound around the age of 15-17. 

Elise: You actually met him?? 

Y/N: Yes! And here's the weird thing, I fell asleep while we were on the balcony, and he carried me to bed and then left a note, and he said my name in the note, but I never told him my name. 

Elise: What if he's someone at your school?? 

Y/N: I seriously doubt that. 

Elise: Well you shouldn't rule it out. Just watch people at your school this week and see if anyone could possibly be Spider-Man

Y/N: OK, thanks Elise. 

I put down my phone and sat on my bed. My mind was racing with all kinds of questions. 

'What if Spider-Man is someone I already know?' 

I woke up to the sound of my mom yelling on the phone. I grab my phone and check the time. I was planning on trying to get to school early, so I could try and figure out if anyone could possibly be Spider-Man. 

"Come on mom," I yell as a hop to the kitchen, "We have to go! I want to get there early."

My mom reluctantly got up and got into the car. On the ride to school I was bouncing up and down. Who was I going to ask about Spider-Man first?

When we arrived at school, I quickly jumped out of the car, and ran into school. I looked around and didn't see anyone near the main office, I walked to Peter's locker to see if he was here yet. I turned the corner and saw Peter at his locker grabbing books.

"Peter!" I yell as I run towards him.

He looks at me confused then backs up a little so I don't run into him.

"Peter! I need to ask you about something."

"What is it?"

"Do you ever wonder who Spider-Man is?"

Peter went speechless and looked away, "Yeah sometimes, why?"

"I met him on Saturday night! I was outside and he swung down and hung out with me for a while. Then, I fell asleep and he put me into bed and left a note. And in the note, he knew my name. But I never told him my name." 

Peter looked nervous, he ran his finger through his hair, "Wow, that's weird." He checked his phone and then looked at me, "I have to go, but I'll talk to you later."

He quickly walked away and didn't look back.

Third hour was Chemistry with Peter, I sat down next to him and noticed he was writing on some graph paper

I leaned over his shoulder, "What's that?" I questioned.

Peter quickly pushed some other papers over the one he was working on, "Uh, nothing, just messing around."

'Why is Peter acting so weird?'

Peter and I worked on a lab together for the rest of the class. When the bell finally rang, Peter gathered his stuff and told me that he would see me at lunch. When he walked away, a piece of paper fell out of his backpack. I bent over and picked it up. It was titled "Web Fluid Version 3.01"

I walked out of the classroom to look for Peter but he was no where to be seen. I took the paper to the rest of my classes and studied it a little. 'What could Web Fluid mean?' I thought and thought about it. It confused me a lot. The bell 5th hour rang, and I grabbed my books and headed to the cafeteria.

I found Peter and Ned talking about something, and it looked pretty serious. I walked up to them quickly cause I wanted to ask Peter what Web Fluid was.

"I can't believe I lost it, if someone found it they would know." Peter said to Ned.

"Know what?" I said as I sat down.

Peter looked to Ned, and then back to me, "Nothing,"

I decided to not bring up the Web Fluid right now since Peter was already upset about whatever he lost.

We ate lunch discussing our big semester project that we have to do. It was really stressing all of us out.

I was in the middle of talking to Peter about my project, when the lights went out. Everyone screamed and chairs fell over. Through all the screaming I heard one gunshot. And then another. Teachers were trying to calm everyone down and figure out what was happening. A couple more gunshots went off. I reached over to Peter to cling on to him. But he wasn't there.

"Ned! Where's Peter?" I yelled over to Ned.

"Uh, I don't know!" I hear Ned call back.

Suddenly, the lights came back on. There was a guy with a gun on the ground with web's tied around his arms. Standing above him, was Spider-Man.

"Is everyone OK?" He calls out.

I looked around, surprisingly, no one was shot everyone was freaked out and shaking, but no one got hurt.

My eyes searched around the cafeteria for Peter. But I couldn't find him anywhere.

Spider-Man ran away once he knew that everyone was ok.

"Ned, where did Peter go?" I asked.

"I don't know! I think he's ok though." Ned looked like he knew more than he was telling.

I hear a voice behind me ask, "Hey are you guys OK?"  

I turn around and see Peter standing behind us. I was in shock, "Peter! Where did you go?" 

"Oh, I uh, went to the front to see what was happening." Peter said running his fingers trying to fix his hair. I just noticed that it was all messed up. I wonder why. 

"Thank God you're OK. I was worried!" I exclaimed as I pulled him into a hug. 

Peter hugged me back, and we stood like that for a while. I felt butterflies in my stomach, and it felt like everyone was gone and we were the only ones standing there. I moved my hand towards the top of his back and felt something sticky. I looked over Peter's shoulder and softly picked the sticky spot off his jacket. I pulled away from Peter. 

"Sorry if that was awkward." Peter says quietly as he stuck his hands in his pockets. 

"No, it's fine!" I quickly say. 

The bell rang for 6th hour and Peter and I quickly grabbed our stuff and walked to our next class together. 

Talking and laughing with Peter felt great. I can't believe I ever went four years without him. I look into his eyes and feel like I could look into them forever. His cute smile lights up my heart. I have never felt this way about anyone, 'Wait, I think I like Peter..." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 6 24
Peter Parker, The Friendly Neighbourhood Spiderman, two personalities but one person. He falls in love, he lost her and he falls in love again. Watch...
39.8K 1.1K 37
Y/N Y/L/N and Peter Parker are the best of friends, the pair being inseparable throughout high school. Until one day, everything goes wrong. Five yea...
264K 10.3K 36
This was the biggest opportunity of your life. A summer in New York City - the summer before you went off to college nonetheless - interning for Star...
649K 15.4K 40
❝With great power comes great responsibility.❞ [Highest rank #21 in fanfiction.] STORY REVIEWS: Relatabl...