Everlasting (Book 2: I'm Your...

By singsongstyles

Just one night I will hold you tight. I will protect you with all my might And even when th... More

Everlasting (Book 2: I'm Yours)
(1) A Supposed To Be Secret Conversation
(2) Selena Holmes
(3) Tricks and Acts
(4) Lost and Found
(5) Saved...Sort Of
(7) Dangerous
(8) Vampires and Peeping Tom
(9) Help From Alex
(10) One Bloody "Princess"
(11) Bad Alyssa and Kissing Aliens
IMPORTANT NOTE
(12) Hopeful Plans (Date for when book 2 of WMHS inside!!)
(13) Fight
(14) Escape Gone Wrong
(15) A Lie All Along
(16) Revealed
Chapter 17: The Man in the Woods
Chapter 18: Snapped
Chapter 19: The Main Event
Chapter 21: Cure
Chapter 22: Falling Apart
Chapter 23: Alone
Chapter 24: Search Party
Chapter 25: Involuntary Babysitting

(6) Complicated Questions

223 12 3
By singsongstyles

Luke was being...nice.

Could...could the potion be wearing off? Or maybe he's starting to like me again.

Maybe.

"Well, don't I deserve a thank you or something?"

Or...maybe not.

Theres that cocky Luke that I dont love.

I stop setting up and moving the rocks to make a bed. I glare at him and clench my hands into fists.

I walk up to him and smile sweetly. "Or something."

He shakes his head, smiling slightly. "You haven't changed. You're still as determined as you were when I tried to take you."

"I feel like I've changed." I look down at myself. My brown hair used to be below my shoulder, but now it was just above my waist. My blue eyes were cloudier and mire distant when I looked in the mirror at that store. I had changed physically.

He smiles slightly at me, the real Luke taking over him. "That's not what I meant. You're still as fiery as ever," He took my hand and put it over my heart. "It's here that's changed. You've been through alot, you're stronger and smarter."

He pulls away from me and lays down on the rocks.

After a while, he said something that surprised me. "I need Looper."

"Why?" I ask slowly, turning on my side to face him.

"He saved my life, Allison. I need to understand. At least I still have some of the men from there."

I flinched. People escaped? Are they going to finish what their boss started? "But.. Darin killed all your men..." I say hopefully.

When I see Lukes eyes darken, I know I said something wrong. Wow. Looper really did make Luke believe that him and his men were good. Luke probably worshiped Looper just like all the other men there.

I lean forward and put my hand on his shoulder. "Luke, I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean..."

He shakes me off. "Goodnight, Allison."

Silence follows that. It feels slightly like a movie because the only thing we can hear is the crickets.

"Luke?" I say softly after I can't take the stupid silence any longer.

He sighs. "Yes?"

"I know Looper can't help you remember, but... I can."

He finally turns towards me again and searches my eyes with his strange silver-like ones.

"What do you have in mind?"

I almost laugh at the excitement on his face. He must be really lost.

"Well...we could do what Katniss does in The Hunger Games...?" I guess.

He looks at me, confused. "And what is that...?"

"She played the Real or Not Real game. You say a statement and I say Real or Not Real."

He shrugs. "Ok...You're wanted."

"Real." I say, sighing.

"Looper saved my life."

I hesitate. "Not real."

Shock registers on his face. "Looper and his men lied to me..." he seems to be asking himself.

"Real."

"Darin is turning himself in... Real or not real?"

I cringe. "R-real."

He thinks for a moment, looking around.

"You're never going to stop looking for Darin, no matter what I say. Real or not real?"

I look at him, staring hard into his eyes. Searching for a part of the Luke I know to shine through it.

"Real." I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke and I continued on like this, just walking and talking and playing games for his memory. The thing is, when you run with vampire speed, you're running so fast you can't even talk. So, right now we're just going at a normal speed because sadly, Luke has questions for me.

"How did I die?" Luke asked.

I close my eyes firmly and grind my teeth together.

"Looper..he...he shot you, Luke." I didn't want to go into details. Like how the pain in my heart was devouring me, and watching his body fall limply down. And how the guilt hasn't really left me yet.

Lukes face turned hard and cold and he nodded. "Who was that guy you were with?"

Adam. I haven't even thought about him. I hope he's okay.

"His name is Adam. It's a long story."

"I have time." He says, looking down at his feet.

"Well, when I left you and the others, I disguised myself as Selena Holmes. It was a horrible decision, because I had about five guys try to kidnap me. None of them succeeded. Then, Adam comes along and he kidnaps me, taking me straight to a hotel. He learned who I really was, and ever since then he's been helping me."

Luke looked at me, giving me a comforting smile. "He's going to be okay. I gave him enough money to call a taxi, get some food, and stay at a hotel. Then he's on his own. But that's what he's used to, right?"

"Guess so." I sigh.

"Another question..." he says, making me want to run away from him. I can't take any questions about Darin. It hurts too much.

"W-What are you?" He asks.

I stop in my tracks and start to laugh my head off, clutching my stomach. But when I look up at Luke his face is completely serious.

"Oh..." I take a deep breath. "Human/vampire, I guess...why?"

He looks at me strangely. "Well, that makes no sense at all."

"Care to fill me in on what you're thinking right now?"

He turns and looks at me like he just noticed I was here. "What happened between me and you before I died? And don't say, "Nothing". Luke already told me that we knew each other before I became like this."

I cringe. "We've known each other since we were kids."

"That still doesn't explain it!" He cries out, frustrated.

"Explain what?!" Now he's got me frustrated.

"Why I'm so attracted to you!" He blurts out, then instantly turns away from me. "I-I just don't understand. Are you an angel? Is it simply because you're beautiful? I...I just need to know."

I knew he wasn't trying compliment me, he really was frustrated.

"Luke," I say softly, putting a hand on his shoulder. "You...You proposed to me."

He automatically turns around, his eyes wide. "What?!"

I shake my head. "It was nothing," I lie. "Just an attempt to get me to stay. I was moving away, we were best friends, and we were both desperate to stay together. I said no, though."

I cringe with each word. It wasn't just an attempt to get me to stay. It was more. It always has been.

"That doesn't matter. Any more questions?" I say quickly.

"I really, really, don't want to know but I know I need to. So... Tell me all the details of how I died. Before and after."

Really?I rather not conquer up the memory in my head again.

I take a deep breath, starting to walk again, knowing that we need to pick up our pace.

"Well, we were all captured at Looper's place and we were hiding in one of the rooms there. Darin pulled me out the window and onto the roof. I always thought of just jumping again but there was guards above us and below us, we knew it wasn't a smart move. Darin proposed to me, but right then a body flew out the window. So we ran back inside and Looper and his men had everyone trapped. Looper said that when you saw Darin propose to me, you screamed, which alarmed all the guards what room we were in, and Looper automatically shot you in the head when he got there. Then, his men went back to retrieve you. They followed Looper's orders and gave you two very powerful potions. The first one turned you into a vampire. The second made you loyal to Looper. That's all I know."

Looper cursed under his breath, but stayed quiet, I guess he was taking it all in.

"I thought you were dead." I add quietly.

Luke shakes his head and finally looks at me. I suddenly realize that it's daylight and I'm walking around in a trampy dress.

Suddenly feeling the need to cover myself up, I ask, "Where are going?"

"First," He says, grabbing my hand. "Shopping. We need disguises. Second, food. And last, find Darin."

I smile at his plan and with our fingers intertwined, we run off together, forgetting human speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WC: I'm sorry! Again I had to post this chap from my phone so PLZ forgive me! Haha hope it was good and not all jumbled up..

I'M YOURS HIT 20,000 READS!!!;) I'm soooo happy! Thank u so much for all ur support since it's in Watty Awards and everything:) thank u sooooo much!!! MEANS ALOT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...