Unexpected

By SophieQuinnOfficial

When Violet Conrad's best friend Eva decides to get a tattoo, the big and sexy tattoo artist Jordan Marshall... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
POLL
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
THANK YOU AGAIN!
EXTRA

Chapter 2

28.4K 743 125
By SophieQuinnOfficial

Jordan put one of his massive hands over my mouth and a finger on his lips, telling me not to make any noise.

Oh, God, did he kidnap me?

Had he put some rophies on my drink? Dear God, did we have sex?!

"Eva is still asleep" He whispered.

Oh, Jesus! Did we have a threesome?! Ew!

"She's asleep in my utility room." He chuckled "I tried to get her in bed with you, but she was still yapping and you needed a rest. She passed out on my dirty laundry, right on the floor."

I frowned, and he took his hand off my mouth. Trying to keep it cool, I discretely peeked under the covers. I was fully clothed, apart from my shoes, and Jordan was still wearing his jeans - new shirt with no puke and everything.

"You threw up a couple times during the night and I held a bucket." He jerked his thumb to the bucket on the corner of the room "And I guess I ended up falling asleep next to you. Nothing weird happened if that's what you're thinking."

"No." I lied, clearing my throat "Hum... I'm going to wake Eva and head home. I'm sorry we intruded into your apartment."

"No problem, I offered. You two were a wreck and I wouldn't have been able to sleep knowing there was no one to take care of you while you were sick."

"I'm a big girl, and we don't really know each other" I grunted, frowning.

"Ok, someone needs their morning coffee." He chuckled, sitting at the end of the bed and stretching "Le'me guess: black, no sugar?"

"Dash of milk, please" I added, with a smirk.

"Ah. There's the kick you have." He winked at me "Stretch. Relax. I'll make you something to eat. Just stay there, I'll be back in five minutes."

I waited a little while and decided it was safe to snoop around his bedroom. Old brick walls, big white window with dark curtains, simple iron frame bed double king size - I guess for a guy that big, he needed the space.

Especially if he was sharing the bed with some other girl...

"Great. And now I'm a bit jealous" I grunted to myself, blushing.

There was a laptop over the black iron desk on the other end of the room. A black chest of drawers, a tall black iron lamp, and a full body mirror. Not much going on, simple, straight lines, with a modern industrial touch. That was Jordan Marshall, apparently.

He walked back into the bedroom and closed the door behind him. The morning light was shining outside, and it reflected on his tanned arm muscles.

Oh, give me a break! my conscience tsked.

"Ok, here we go, a full nutritious breakfast." He declared, sitting on the bed by my side "Black coffee with a dash of milk, toast, scrambled eggs, orange juice, a glass of water and an aspirin. Oh, and some mango that looked ripe - thought you could use the sugar."

"Wow." I muttered, surprised "I expected something like a can of beans, to be honest."

"Fair comment." He grinned, and put the coffee on my hands "Now, a sip of coffee first so you turn into the sweet and funny gorgeous woman I've met."

"God, you're hopeless, aren't you?" I chuckled; he was just so cheeky, one could only laugh.

"Now, toast and eggs. You need something in your body, you lost lots of fluids and all the food you've eaten last night."

"Yes, doctor" I smiled.

"Sorry to have brought you two to my place." Jordan mumbled, rubbing his shaved neck "I just didn't know what to do, and leaving you to go home alone didn't seem like an option."

"Don't worry. Thank you, honestly. That was sweet of you." I smiled, swallowing the pieces of mango whole "I just feel like we're intruding."

"Not a chance. I do this for all the people I tattoo" He shrugged, and his nonchalant way made me chuckle.

"Seriously, thanks" I smiled sheepishly into my cup of coffee.

We both kept quiet for a few minutes as I ate - and it was awkward! Seriously, this hot guy had danced with me through half the night, taken me to his flat and nursed me back to health - kinda, as my head was still banging and a bit dizzy. He was smoking hot - as Eva would shriek -, apparently sweet and... a complete stranger.

You need to have fun, Eva's voice echoed in my head.

Jordan looked exactly like the kind of guy who was just looking to have fun; and, let's face it, he was easy on the eyes, and I was definitely attracted to him.

Just... have a bite or something like that, I could hear Eva's voice, again.

God, shut up!

"How was it?" Jordan asked as I finished my coffee.

"Oh, everything was wonderful, thank you, really." I nodded, wiping my mouth "I... really should go wake up Eva and leave. We've imposed longer than necessary."

"Nah, really." Jordan shrugged, taking the tray from my lap "Just take a shower" He pointed to the door on the corner "and leave whenever you're ready. Eva is still knocked out. Let her be."

I accepted his offer and he left to his kitchen to do the dishes. I stepped into his cozy shower, washed the Miami Salsa heat from the previous night, and changed into one of Jordan's oversized shirts that he left on his bed for me - I sniffed, and it smelled so good! As I dried my head with a towel, I snooped around his room - yeah, I know it's awful, but I just couldn't help it.

He had photos of the gang from the tattoo studio, some other people completely unknown to me. They were most likely his family. There was a photo that particularly caught my eye. He and a really attractive brunette were embracing for the selfie - his girlfriend, definitely!

"Shit. Is that still there?!" I heard Jordan growl, and I immediately dropped the photo.

"Sorry, didn't mean to snoop" I whined, turning all shades of red.

"It's alright," He shrugged, taking the photo and tossing it to the pile of his dirty clothes on the floor "I really don't mind. And that was my ex-girlfriend. We broke up months ago. I've just been so busy I didn't remember that photo was even there."

"Ok," I shrugged.

Good thing I took the time I was having my breakfast to snoop on him on social media - yep, I tend to do that as well, but who doesn't nowadays?! He had no photos with any girl, on his old posts there were photos of him with friends and that girl, but they were really old, and she wasn't even tagged on the photo - definitely an ex, then! He had his status has single for a few months, now, and basically just posted photos of his studio, his outings with friends and family, and some music he enjoyed.

Twenty-first century stalking!

"That's ok, don't worry." I tried to smile "Hum, thanks for your shirt." I blushed again, staying there with nothing but my panties and his shirt "I should... get dressed."

"I don't know if you should" He shrugged, smiling "because you look helluva sexy in that."

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help to blush a complete scarlet red tone.

"Fine. Well... gladly, my clothes are not filled with vomit" I winced.

"Just your shoes" He shrugged.

"Great..." I chuckled, rubbing my hands over my face "I have an awful hangover, and I haven't had one since college."

"You're not doing life properly" Jordan decided with a chuckle.

"That's what Eva keeps telling me." I rolled my eyes "But she just recently started living hers, so what does she know, really?"

As I went over to check on my dress and make sure everything was almost clean, Jordan stood there, hands in his pockets, watching me.

"What are you doing today?"

"You mean tonight?" I asked, wincing at the state of my shoes.

"No, I mean today. As in during the day" He asked again.

I frowned. That was an odd question.

"I..." I blushed and he turned his back to me, gesturing for me to change into my dress "Oh... I'm going to take care of Eva, actually. She will be in a piss poor mood."

When I cleared my throat, handing him his shirt, he smiled.

"Will that be a whole day kind of thing?"

"Hum..." I blinked "I really don't know. I guess..."

"There's this really nice Cuban restaurant I've heard about, and haven't tried. I was wondering if you'd like to go there for lunch? Maybe have a nice juice by the beach? Walk on the sand? I have the day off."

"Oh." I blinked, surprised; my brows shoot up in my forehead "Wow. Hum... Look Jordan, I..." I didn't even know what to reply to that; that was literally the most romantic invitation I've ever had!

We both whined when we heard Eva vomit on the kitchen floor. I almost gagged but had to go and help her.

"I'll get the bucket" Jordan mumbled, as I helped poor Eva sit with her back to the kitchen counter.

"Hey, Charlie Sheen." I chuckled, as her golden eyes whimpered at me "You look awful!"

"I hate Tequila" She mumbled, and her stomach rolled again.

Jordan was just on time to get it under her face, and we both trembled as Eva vomited.

"Talk about your cock block..." He muttered, to which I had to giggle.

***

"Ok, the guest room is down there. Let's just get her on the bed. She'll sleep it off" I assured him.

We dropped Eva over the white bed. I shut the curtains and covered with a light blanket, as Jordan walked out and wandered through my apartment. I couldn't remember the last time a guy had been in my apartment. He whistled as he admired the ample space. I smiled. My apartment was my refuge, and I made sure it was spotless, peaceful and vomit free.

"Wow." He gasped, as he walked to the massive windows of my living room "What a view!"

One could see the white sand and light blue water, just yards away. Hundreds of people took the beach by storm in the Miami Summer.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked him, jerking my thumb to the kitchen.

"I'll just take some lemonade or something like that if you have any" He shrugged, accompanying me.

"I have some cola."

"Ice and lemon?"

"Of course" I smiled.

He sat on my kitchen island, on the tall stools, and watched me make two icy drinks of the both of us.

"So... lunch and a walk by the beach?"

"I will feel like a shitty friend if I leave Eva alone" I admitted.

"She's sleeping, and she will be there for hours. There's a toilet in the room, and she has peace and quiet. Trust me, she'll be fine" Jordan assured me, winking one of his gorgeous grey eyes.

I chuckled and handed him over his drink. Taking a long sip, I considered my options. Staying home and do some extra work over the weekend... or go out on a date with a sexy, tall and sweet man? Hum...

"God, what the hell..." I sighed "Will you wait just like fifteen minutes so I can change?"

"I'll wait half an hour" He grinned, hopping off the stool and wandering around my house "I'll snoop your stuff while you're changing."

I was still chuckling when I went to my walk-in closet and chose another summer dress, heels, handbag and sunglasses. Quickly doing my makeup and accessorizing, I was ready to go. I was getting my earrings on when I went to let Eva know I was going out.

"You're going on a date?!" She gasped, her sleepy face immediately focused "OMG, I'm so proud!"

"Shh!" I begged her "Look, you rest, but please call me if you fill getting ill, ok?"

"Nah! I'll call a cab and go home. I need a bath and a long nap" She admitted.

"Just stay for as long as you want."

***

"I don't know why, but I thought you would have a bike and not a car" I admitted, as he parked his convertible in front of the Cuban place.

"I do have one" He winked, as we got out of the car.

"Ah!" I perked, proud of myself "My preconceptions are not so wrong after all!"

He opened the door for me to get in, and I chuckled.

"Well... I take it back" I smiled over my shoulder.

We got a table and sat together. Ordered some drinks and just sat there, eyeing each other from across the wooden table. The place was busy and loud, lively and it smelled of spices and summer. I eyed him up and down and was suddenly confronted with how different we were.

I was the daughter of a well-known businessman, used to go out on my Lexus for lunch at a French-style cuisine posh restaurant downtown; he was a tattoo artist from Little Havana, used to have a big burger and drive his Chevrolet Camaro to go out with his friends to loud bars for a beer. We had nothing in common... what the hell was I doing?!

"Are you ok?" He chuckled, probably thinking I was having some sort of panic attack - which I most likely was.

"Yeah." I smiled "Look... Jordan, I don't really know... what we're doing here." At his confused frown, I gestured for the both of us "This."

"Oh." His heavy brows shot up on his forehead "I'm just having lunch with a nice, good-looking woman. You're overthinking things."

"Sorry." I mumbled, taking a long drag on my virgin Pina Colada "How long have you had your tattoo studio for?"

"Nice change of pace." He chuckled, taking a long drag of beer "About seven years, give or take. It's well established as well. Everyone who is anyone goes there. We have great artists, and we know our quality."

"I know Eva is happy with her tattoo" I smiled.

"I'll persuade you into getting one as well, one day. You'll see" He winked.

"So, you're just assuming we'll see each other again" I tilted a brow.

"Oh, most definitely." He nodded, very serious "You see, I know we'll eventually get married."

I chocked on my drink, and he chuckled.

"It was just a joke, Violet." He grinned "But, I do know I want to take you out some more."

"This is the first ten minutes of our first date." I mumbled, shocked "You're either a bit of a psycho, or you have a twisted sense of humor."

"Or both" He wiggled his brows and made me laugh.

To be truthful, I had a blast on our date. We had a lovely meal, went off to the beach and had a lovely coconut water by the sea. It was long after five pm when we got back to my apartment. Using the excuse for using the toilet, we both went up. I checked Eva was gone - there was a horrific note on my fridge saying 'Knock him dead!' which I binned, and no sign of her ever being there.

Jordan got back from the toilet and knocked on my bedroom door, where I was taking my accessories off, in my closet.

"Wow. This is the tidiest closet I've ever seen!" He whistled, hands on the pockets of his jeans.

"I do have loads of stuff, and if I don't have it organized, I would never find a pin" I smiled.

He was staring at me with a lovely side smile. I blushed and felt uncomfortable. I hated people staring at me, made me very self-conscious.

"What?" I had to ask him after a long while.

"You're beautiful, that's all" He shrugged.

I shrugged myself and followed back to the bedroom. His big hand grabbed me on the way out. He twirled me back to his body, and his bold lips grabbed mine. I jerked, and his other hand held my nape, keeping me close. I whimpered and grabbed his shirt.

God, he was good! He smelled fantastic, tasted amazing and was just so big and tall, it made me feel really girly. We both got his jacket out of the way, then his shirt and my dress, and fell on my bed, in a tangle of sheets and heavy breaths.

He awkwardly looked for a condom on his wallet while I kept kissing his chest.

"Found it!" He congratulated himself like it was the last cup of water in the desert.

We turned to the important task at hand - finishing undressing and make sure our bodies were fully touching each others. When we finally joined together, our eyes locked, and finally, through all the passion and fogginess of desire... it wasn't awkward anymore.

***

Ever since my brother Sam and my mom died on 9/11, mine and my dad's life had been completely different, emptier and colder. We moved permanently to Miami, the head courts of the company following us as the one in New York had turned to rumble with the Towers. Both dad and I had built a thick wall of ice around each other, and this still existed to this day. Regardless, every Sunday we had lunch together back at his place. We sat across a long table, in absolute silence, eating whatever his cook had prepared. We would talk trivialities about the business, the weather and how the current president was ruining the country.

"I'm telling you, this old man is a joke." He was on about something the current runners forthe US presidency had said during his campaign "We need someone strong that can grab this country by the balls and actually make a change!"

I nodded, taking a big bite of my roast beef. I couldn't care less about the government, or the weather or anything, really. I was still a bit shaken by my date from the day before. Making love to a man... had always been an awkward task for me - and a definite task! Jordan... had been different. We had had fun! I actually had fun with him. We stayed in bed for the rest of the day, had a pizza delivered, went to bed again, had a long bath in my bathroom, and slept. He had taken off in the morning, and I had come to meet dad. And now...? I was honestly not sure where to go from here. Were we suppose to keep in touch? Schedule another date? Should I call him, or should he call me first?! Damn it, I didn't know these rules! Eva was the one with the knowledge! I had to see her today, and hope she could help.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"I'm sorry, what?" I blinked at Dad.

"Nevermind." He said, waving a hand "So, how's everything back at the office? Are you keeping everything on a tight leash?"

"Yes, dad, we've been doing great actually." I assure him, wiping my mouth on the linen napkin over my lap "Our sales are up five percent from the last trimester, so I'm very pleased. I believe we will be closing the financial year with our sales up at least fifteen percent."

"Good." Dad nodded, taking another bite of his steak "Keep it up, keep focused, you're doing great."

I nodded. He continues reading the news on his iPad, as I continued reading on my phone. During our lunch, dad called some investors, booked a few golf afternoons with buddies, all during my working and eating. We didn't talk much, at least anything personal, we were strictly business partners, and it had been like that for years, now. Regardless what Eva thought about that, it was just the way we were used to be; it wasn't sad or heartbroken, I honestly preferred for him to be out of my personal life.

And my personal life just hit me in the stomach when my phone pinged with a message. It was him!

Fuck...

***

"Wow!" Eva shrieked as she heard my whole date, lying over my neat bed "I'm so proud you lost your virginity!"

"Trust me, that shipped sailed a long time ago." I chucked, sitting next to her "I just don't know where to go from here. I mean, don't get me wrong, he's hot! And he's sweet, but we have nothing in common! I mean, have you looked at him? Can you imagine us both walking in Design District?"

"Well... I mean, he is a sweetheart and a gentleman. He has a car, a job and a flat. C'mon, that's like ninety percent more than any other guy we've both dated!"

"True." I had to admit "We're too different. He's like... Jack Daniels and I'm lemon tea."

"That's the weirdest comparison I've ever heard in my life." Eva sighed "But it actually makes sense and it's pretty accurate. Fair enough, he's not your type, regardless of how hot he is - I get that."

"How should I tell him?" I moaned, biting my lip.

"Call him," Eva said immediately.

"God, can't I just text him?"

"You slept together, you owe him at least a phone call" Eva frowned at me.

"Yeah... I do, don't I?" I whined, rubbing my tired eyes "OK, I'll call him now. Hold my hand?"

"Yeah, as long as you put it on speaker!"

"Just hold my damn hand!" I grunted but did as she asked.

She did, as the phone beeped once, twice, three times and no answer. When I was about to put the phone down, he picked it up, sounding breathless.

"Hey, gorgeous!"

"Hum, hi Jordan" I greeted, trying not to sound to tense.

"Good to hear your voice again." He said in a sweet way, and I wanted to give up and run right there "I saw this great Italian restaurant not far from your place today on Facebook, and I was thinking we could-"

"Jordan, listen..." I interrupted, as I felt my courage leave me "We... need to talk."

Eva held my hand tighter and she mouthed 'Rocksteady!'.

"Shit, that doesn't sound good... What did I do?" He chuckled; I think he had no clue what was coming.

"I just... have been thinking about what happened all day and... I feel like... we have nothing in common... And I just don't... have the time with my work and all that, for a relationship."

Eva whimpered, slapping her forehead.

"Well, I mean, it's not you, it's me!" I tried, and she stared at me like I had three heads "You see, you're great-"

"Ok... Just stop talking, please?" He whined, and then Eva and I heard him sigh "Look, what is this all about? We had a great time yesterday... I mean, I- I really enjoyed our date. I was kinda under the impression... you had, too."

"I did, I did!" I assured him, rubbing my forehead "It's just... I'm really, really busy with work, I honestly don't have time-"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever." He sighed "Look, I'm sorry if I was... a dickhead to you, or something? Or if... I was too much. I just liked you. You're gorgeous, and you're uptight and I love to make a mess out of your-"

I grabbed my phone and got it out of speaker, to which Eva pouted.

"-clothes. I loved watching you relax."

"I'm sorry, Jordan... I just can't..."

I hung up the phone and sighed, rubbing my eyes. Eva patted my back but she didn't look too supportive, to be honest.

"Are you sure you did the right thing? He's sweet."

"Yeah, it's the right thing." I nodded, tossing my phone on the bedside table "He's not my type, at all. I need to focus on my life. It was fun, but it was just a one-night thing."

"Ouch, that's harsh" Eva frowned as I got up.

"Yeah, well, that's life."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.6K 2.1K 70
❝You love me back?❞ I asked, he looks at me and caresses my cheeks, he lays a kiss on my forehead and smiled at me. ❝I loved you from the very day y...
1.9M 43.6K 25
Renee Delilah Parker has always been an average girl. She had average grades, she was funny and a basic tomboy. Her mother sends her to spend the Su...
367K 16.4K 92
(The rest of my main characters in other books are not described and are meant for the reader to imagine however they want. But this story is specifi...
153K 3.8K 27
Violet is the girl next door. Quiet, bookish and a secret little. When she meets the local bad boy she can't help but feel the attraction. Especially...