The Lion Stag

By The_NightKing

(Game of Thrones Fanfic.) Rickard Baratheon is the true born son of Robert Baratheon and the Heir to Iron Thr... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: The Feast

Chapter 1: The News Are Given

567 11 1
By The_NightKing

Rickard

"You're quite good with the sword, Robb." I said rubbing my shoulder as I walked away from Robb

Robb groaned as he laid in the ground.

I then stopped and looked at him, "Come on, get up." I told him, "I didn't hit you that hard."

He then struggled to get up, I noticed Theon and Jon just stare in awe. Robb clutched his abdomen as he looked at me, holding the practice sword in his hand.

"You're some type of beast." He said smirking, "As expected from you, you were trained by Jaime Lannister himself, eh?"

I nodded, "Yea, I was." I said, "Ser Barristan also trained me."

Theon whistled, "Two legends, quite impressive."

Robb nodded as he rubbed his waist.

"I'm quite glad nobody saw me in such a pathetic state." Robb said

"Ah, don't be like that. You managed to get me good too." I said, "My shoulder aches."

Robb shook his head, "The way you reacted to that blow, you immediately parried my sword the moment mine hit your shoulder." He said seriously, "And the way you moved to my side, striking me several times and then using your legs to trip me and adding an extra blow to my waist."

I shrugged, planting the practice sword on the ground.

"Gotta use any useful part of your body as a weapon." I told him

"But that isn't how you're supposed to fight." I turned to see Jon giving me a somewhat serious scowl, "Being a swordsman is about honor, and you fight like you don't care much for that."

I sighed, "What's honor when in the middle of a life or death battle? You think honor will get you victorious against someone who doesn't fight with honor?" I told him, "Sometimes in the midst of a fight, you gotta throw away your honor and do whatever it takes to win. Yes, there are Knights who can overwhelm an opponent by fighting cleanly, but how can you beat someone like that using the same mannerism that he mastered? You gotta fight dirty, that's how."

Jon was about to say something when Robb chuckled.

"It doesn't matter." Robb patted my shoulder, "It was just a sparring match. Maybe we can learn something from Prince Rickard, Jon."

Theon smirked as he pulled out his practice sword.

"Now, I may not be as good as these two but I can at least try." He said as he walked over to the center of the training area

Robb stood back as Theon held his sword. I grabbed my sword as he was about to take a step.

"Boys." I looked back to see Lady Stark looking at us, "King Robert and Lord Stark request your presence in the Great Hall."

I noticed Theon and Jon looking at each other a bit confused while Robb sighed.

"All of us, Mother?" Robb asked

"All of you." She said before walking away

I stood there a bit surprised. Why would Father and Lord Stark want to see us?

"Why would the King want to see a Ward and a Bastard?" Theon asked

Robb looked at him, "Why don't you ask him?" He said

Theon was going to say something but I cut him off.

"Perhaps it's better not to ask questions." I told him, "Let's go."

About a minute later, we entered the Great Hall. It was chilly inside here, but much was expected from Winterfell.

I saw Father sitting in the head of the table, next to Lord Eddard. We all stopped before them. I had my hand resting on the handle of my sword.

"Rickard." Father said

I nodded, "Father."

Lord Stark then looked at me, "Prince Rickard." He said, "It's been a long time. You've grown into quite the man."

"Lord Stark, yes it has been a long time." I said, "I'm glad to see you well."

"Why have you asked for us, Your Grace?" Robb asked Father

"Oh, Just to tell you boys about a few things." Father told him, "First of all, the feast tonight...Tell him, Ned."

I raised an eyebrow as Lord Stark looked at Jon.

"Jon, I apologize, but Lady Stark does not wish for you to be there." Ned told him

I glanced at Jon, he didn't seem too much surprised, just a bit taken aback.

He nodded, "Yes, Father."

"May I ask why?" I asked Lord Stark

Father then scoffed, "Cat believes it is an insult to The Royal Family to have the bastard in the midst." He said

I noticed Lord Stark look a bit regretful.

"It doesn't insult me." I told him, "Does it insult you?"

"As long as I drink and whore, I don't care." He said, "He can do what he please. But this isn't our home and Cat is Lady of Winterfell, so I suppose we must abide. Besides, your mother might not like him there."

I frowned, "She doesn't like you drinking and whoring but doesn't do much about that." I reminded him, "Lord Stark, please reconsider this, Jon is your son."

"Not much I can do, Prince Rickard." Lord Stark replied, "My Lady wants this and so it shall be."

"It's fine, Rickard." Jon said

I gritted my teeth, "Yea, well, I don't like it." I told him before looking back at Father, "Well, what else?"

"Tomorrow, we ride for woods." Father told me, "Boar Hunting."

"Oh, figures." I muttered

"Yea, yea, get ready." He said, "I want you to impress Ned here."

Lord Stark smiled modestly.

I shrugged, "If you say so." I said, "Is that it?"

Father shook his head as he tapped on the table.

"I'm naming Ned, Hand of The King." He said, "He'll come back with us to King's Landing."

I raised my eyebrows.

Robb and the others shifted and looked at each others.

"You're leaving Winterfell, Father?" Robb asked

Lord Stark looked at Father, "I haven't made my mind yet, Your Grace." He said

"Oh come on Ned, You're going to say yes either way." Father told him, "You'll run the Kingdoms while I drink, whore, and piss to my early demise."

"Like Lord Arryn was doing, you fat shit." I muttered as I crossed my arms

Father then gave me a serious glare, "Shut your mouth, Boy." He growled, "If you weren't like Joffrey, I would beat you right now for saying that."

"That's if you are capable of doing that in your current condition...." I thought

"Robert, come on." Lord Stark said

"Yea yea, I know." Father said

I didn't say anything as the others stayed silent as well. Father then stood up and looked at me.

"One last thing, Rickard." He said,"Tell him, Ned."

"House Baratheon and House Stark will be merge by marriage." Lord Stark said

I raised an eyebrow, "What do you mea-"

"You'll be marrying Ned's daughter, Sansa." Father told me

I widened my eyes and felt the others look at me. What the hell did I just hear? Me? Marry Sansa Stark? I don't even know her!

"What?!" I exclaimed, "What do you mean?!"

"As we just told you." Father said, "You'll marry her, She'll be your Queen when you take the Throne and you'll father her children and the line will continue from then."

This was too much to take in at once. I felt Robb's eyes on me, I can kind of understand why. Sansa is his little sister, I don't know what he's thinking, But I'm sure he's not too happy about it.

I took a step forward, "You can't just make that decision for m-"

"I can and I will, so It shall be." Father said, "You've had liberties to do as you pleased almost your entire life, but this once, you'll do this whether you want to or not."

I looked at Lord Stark, he didn't look so enthusiastic about this either. I couldn't refuse this, it was the way it was. Arranged marriages are needed for order and peace in Westeros, the joining of Houses.

I then took a step back and sighed.

"I suppose so." I said, "House Stark and House Baratheon, joined by marriage. A wise choice, Father. It wouldn't be much of a problem if Lady Sansa comes with us to King's Landing, after all, Lord Stark is Hand of The King."

Lord Stark looked at me, "I still haven't decided ye-"

"See Ned? Even he knows you'll say yes!" Father laughed, "Alright! We must prepare for the Feast! You boys are dismissed!"

I nodded as I turned around and walked away, being followed by the other three.

As we exited the hall, Robb walked up next to me. He gave me a serious look.

"I don't like this." He told me, "You marrying my sister. We may have just met, but I don't think-"

"You think I do like this, Robb?" I cut him off, "Believe me, I won't like this anymore than you or Jon will. And trust me, Your sister won't like it all."

Jon then walked up in front of me and stood in my way.

"Sansa and I may not have the greatest relationship, but she's still my sister." Jon said, "If you hurt her in any way-"

"I don't intend to hurt her, Snow." I told him, "So don't get riled up for nothing. Same goes for you, Robb. I may be a Prince, I may be Robert Baratheon's son, but I am not like my Father."

I then started to walk away, but Robb grabbed my shoulder, stopping me.

"You say that, but that doesn't mean you're worse." Robb said

Theon started to look around frantically, "Robb, that's the Prince you laid your hands on." He told the Wolf, "Let him go."

I gave Robb a serious scowl, "You insult me, Lord Robb." I said, "We may have met, but that doesn't mean you can assume what I am or what I am not."

I then slapped his hand away and walked off.

*******************************

3rd Person

It was the night of the Feast and in Sansa's quarters, Catlyn was getting her ready.

"Mother, is it true that Father will be Hand of The King?" Sansa asked as Catlyn combed her hair

"If he accepts King Robert's offer, yes." She told her

"Is it also true that I'll marry the Prince?" Sansa asked, "And I'll become Queen someday?"

Catlyn looked at her as Sansa looked off into the distance with a look of joy.

"Yes, that's what the King discussed with your father." Catlyn said

"If Father accepts, I'll have to go to King's Landing and I'll marry Joffrey!" Sansa said

Catlyn stopped combing her hair. If she remembered correctly, it wasn't Joffrey who Ned told her will marry Sansa.

"That means you'll have to leave Winterfell...." Catlyn said as she continued combing, "Your home, your family."

"But I'll be Queen someday, I'll marry Joffrey and I'll soon have his children." Sansa said ignoring the meaning of what Catlyn said

Catlyn stopped and held her shoulders as she sighed.

"You are too young to have thoughts like that." She told her daughter, "Yes you'll be Queen, and yes you'll have The Prince's children someday, but it is not Joffrey's children."

Sansa then looked at her mother with a frown.

"What do you mean?" She asked

"Prince Rickard, Sansa." Catlyn said, "It is Prince Rickard who you'll marry."

Sansa widened her eyes. She couldn't believe it. She believed it was Joffrey she'll marry due to them being the same age. Rickard is the same age as Robb, her older brother.

"Him?! Why him?!" She exclaimed

Catlyn sighed, "He's the Eldest Son of House Baratheon while you're the Eldest Daughter of House Stark." She told her, "It is normal for this to happen."

Sansa looked at her, "But Mother! It isn't Rickard who I love! It is Joffrey!" She exclaimed

"Oh, Sansa, please." Catlyn said, "Do you have any idea who you'll marry? Prince Rickard of House Baratheon, They call him The Lion Stag, a fierce warrior who has been trained by the Kingdoms' greatest swordsmen alive. You're the Daughter of Eddard Stark, He's the Son of King Robert. It is a great match. Besides, What has Joffrey done to make himself known?"

Sansa stood and looked at her mother.

"Well, what has Rickard done?" She asked

"Prince Tommen tells me he killed a couple Shadowcats during their ride to Winterfell. Shadowcats aren't so easy to kill." Catlyn smiled, "Also, he singlehanded saved a small village against a band of bandits he either killed or sent to The Night's Watch. If Rickard becomes King, he has the love of the people. And you'll be his Queen."

Sansa frowned, "I still don't love him." She said

Catlyn then grabbed her hands.

"Oh Sansa, you don't understand how things work." She said, "I trust Rickard will treat you well. Better than Joffrey will. I do not like the looks of that boy."

"You don't know Joffrey." Sansa said

"Neither do you." Catlyn replied, "Nor Rickard. You don't know how Rickard is, so why not give him a chance."

"Well.." Sansa said

Catlyn smiled and kissed her head.

"Trust me, child,You're still young for this. Your Father will not make the mistake of sending you off to horrible people." She said, "If you do go to King's Landing, you'll be safe with The Baratheons."

"With Rickard."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
932K 35.3K 83
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
1M 54.1K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
823K 38.1K 60
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...