The Married Billionaire

By katrinaasalvador

(Must read The Infamous Billionaire before reading this! xo) Maximillian Bravucci is newly married to Andrea... More

Chapter 1: Coming Home
Chapter 2: Becoming a Lucifer
Chapter 3: Fall from grace
Chapter 4: Day out at the Pier
Chapter 5: Appointment
Chapter 6: Back in the Orphanage
Chapter 7: Calls
Chapter 8: Hospital Blues
Chapter 9: Little Potato
Chapter 10: Settle Down
Chapter 11: Impending Doom
hello

Chapter 12: Ball in the Court

6.9K 181 50
By katrinaasalvador

Chapter 12: Ball In The Court

(Max's POV)

Waking up with a heavy heart, I wrapped my arms tighter around my beloved wife's body. William Smith has been plaguing us the past few days and I had to reassure Andrea that my security team and I are doing everything that we can to make sure that he would not be able to touch or have any contact with anyone close to our hearts. She must avoid bothering herself about it especially she has to take care of herself more than ever before due to her pregnancy.

Which reminds me of something.

"Love?" I cajoled, urging for her to open her beautiful eyes and welcome the sunlight that eagerly awaits behind our bedroom curtains.

"Hmm?" Andrea hums and I cannot help but chuckle with her stubbornness. Andrea was never the early bird and I don't think she ever will be one.

"We have to visit Dr. Bellevue today for your monthly check-up." I reminded her and she groans instantly. She hates going to the doctor every month because of both of our fears that something might happen with the baby but the good doctor said that as long as Andrea takes her prescribed medicines, her and the baby will be fine.

"Do we really have to?"

"Yes, so get your pretty bum up and shower. I will cook you some English breakfast to make it up to you."

"You got me at 'cook', love."

                      Tobias' presence just a little near the doorway and seeing a ghost of a smile in his mouth signifies him seeing Andrea. With her fresh from the shower and with a scowl on her beautiful face, I smirked and Tobias almost laughed. The dynamic between the three of us strengthened due to the time we always spend together and I can see that Tobias has completely warmed up to her and Matt which makes me the happiest man in the world. Tobias is someone that you can trust with the code for your safe, knowing he would not get anything from it and the next time you check your safe, there are actually more money than before and that is how Tobias works. Someone loyal like a dog to his owner (and a bone, of course), fierce as a lion but with a temperament like a mother hen.

                     "Good morning, Ms. Andrea." Tobias announced as my wife enters the dining room and I greet her with a quick peck on her rosy cheek, eventually catching the scent of her vanilla washed hair. Tobias quietly retreats to the security office room as Luke calls for him in the background with us having some precious time alone.

Ever since we adopted Matt and had another addition to our family with our unborn child, Andrea and I haven't really had an alone time in the house aside from our bedroom so having this moment with her right now is a sweet treat.

"I'm nervous, love." Andrea admits as her scowl falls, being replaced with a nervous expression marring her flawless face.

"Don't worry about it as much as possible, okay? Matt cannot feel this tension. He's already been through so much and I would do anything, and I mean anything, to keep our growing family safe, okay?" I reassured her again and that is because I know she will need it. A lot of it but still, I don't mind. I kissed her chastely on her temple and our patatino decides to join the party.

"Good morning, bud!" I grinned at him as he yawns and stretches.

"Good morning, dad, mom." Matt sleepily answered and quietly sat down beside Andrea as she lightly leaves a kiss on his forehead.

"Good morning, Matt! How was your night?" Andrea inquired.

"It was... good."

"I'm happy to hear that."

"Sir." Tobias interrupts with a stern voice and I knew this was a serious call. As much as I love this innocent conversation blooming between my small family, I can sense Tobias' urgency and did not want to take chances with it.

"I'll follow you. Andrea, mi amore, excuse me for a moment." I excused myself but Andrea clasped her hands around my forearm, halting my steps with a worried expression. "I'll tell you later, I promise. Just eat with our little ones, okay?"

(Andrea's POV)

I tried my very best not to be disturbed with the fact that Tobias called for Max's attention as if it was DEFCON 1 but I had to keep my composure as finesse as possible and it is very hard. Knowing William Smith will be granted parole and possibly a hunter when he gets out and it's the season to hunt his prey, his prey being my family and I.

"Mom?" Matt called my attention which pulled me out of my thoughts. This kid has his intuition right and he is using it right now against me.

"Yes, patatino?"

"Will you eat your sausage?"

"You can have it, dear." I giggled and his bashfulness disappears. "Do you need anything else? Orange juice? Milk?"

"I think I just want a glass of water, mom."

"Ms. Andrea," Margaret said, "I can assist Matt here. If you need to go to the security office, I will watch over Matt first."

With an offer like that, how can I turn it down?

"It's okay, Margaret. Thank you. However, can you prepare some mango puree juice for me, please?" I asked nicely and turned down her offer. I trust Max that he can handle it and I wouldn't abandon Matt as he is having his breakfast.

"Mom?" Matt called for me again and I looked at him with a gentle smile. "Yes?"

"Is it okay for me to ask for a glass of mango juice as well?"

I kneeled so I can be eye to eye with this little one that has the gentlest of hearts. "You just refused to take up the offer of Margaret," I chuckled, "what changed your heart, patatino?"

"I'm just not used to asking for favors, mom. I'm sorry." Matt apologized and I shook my head, dismissing his shame.

"It's okay, dear. Promise me that you'll try to get used to it though because I'm planning to pamper you with love and affection!"

Cue Matt's ears and cheeks to pink but this time, it is not because of embarrassment but happiness due to the fact that he is starting to finally absorb the fact that he is loved.

                       Awaiting for my husband to return from the security office, I watched some TV series meant for kids with Matt. I do not watch what's on the television because I was busy with two things, one, observing Matt and second, thinking about the possibilities of whatever Max and Tobias could be talking about. Seeing Matt smile and enjoy watching the television makes me appreciate what I have right now due to small things but all of those thoughts got interrupted when Max strutted to the room with a scowl and I was almost too afraid to know why. I offered him a half smile and he replied with a weak one.

"What is it, love?" I asked and gently gestured for him to sit beside me on the sofa, "you haven't eaten breakfast yet as well."

"I don't think I have the appetite, not anymore." Max supplied, his voice reflecting how forlorn he is with the news he received.

"Okay, what is it?"

"I—I can't, Andrea." He sighs and seeks comfort from my arms as he hugs me and placed his head in the crook of my neck. "I can't lose you and Matt. I won't allow it."

"You won't, not by choice. Now, what is it, love? We vowed to work things out together, right?" I cajoled him and caressed his hair, "please don't make me break my promise. I want to help, in any way possible."

Max sighs again and took a deep breath for him to regain his composure.

"William was offered bail but he has to contest it in court." Max said and I warily nod, feeling a 'but' and waiting for the consequence, "and the hearing starts next week and that's the maximum length for us to adjust and plan for the hearing."

A week.

It's all down to a week for us to plan for a future that may be a life or death situation for our newly established family.

A week.

~

A/N: oh my god it's been a year

do i even have readers????????? lmaooo anyway im so so so (10000x) sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

i know this chapter are not enough for the time i was gone but trust me, im out of shape and my writing is (a bit) rusty sooOOOOOO

jesus christ, college happened to me and BOY was it hectic

i just started my sophomore year this week and for my first semester, i have a lot of free time and im looking forward to writing to pass the free time if i don't have too many requirements hehe

heck, it's been a year and what a year it has been. for the past 12 months, i endured a lot of things and experienced a lot and i know im a different person in some ways now.

how about you guys comment on how you all have been doing for the past year? a new sport maybe? a new love interest? a new tv show that ruined your existence? (mine is sherlock bc i started re-watching it and now im deep in the fandom so help me)

see u in the next chapter!

kat

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 31.7K 44
"I only married you because I feel sorry for you! Now, get out of my life and never come back." Join Melissa Evans, a 17-year-old girl that came fro...
28.1K 1.3K 45
"No attachments," "No love," "And no questions about the past." Those were the three main requirements the contract asked of us. The rules that wo...
6.1M 207K 52
She has it all except his heart. She had done both amazing and ridiculous things but was still treated as a wallflower. She's been a good wife. Bu...
4.6M 149K 34
Italian billionaire was ruthless and unforgiving he never knew what it meant to love a woman. That is after he met Rose Olden the women with the shar...