(Book 2) This Could B Us

By DanaLarson5

This is, by popular demand, a continuation of The Sun, the Moon and Stars. If you wish to continue, these w... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Untitled Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60

Part 13

742 42 21
By DanaLarson5

The SUV exits the highway and more residential areas come into view. I was almost sure the house was going to be our first stop, Prince's mood of anticipation pretty much insured that.

We pull into the drive alongside a baby blue Bentley. I look at him, frowning, "Who's car?"

"That's mine. I had it brought here yesterday."

Kirk gets out and collects my luggage from the back, then he follows us to the front door. Once we reach the door, both men look at me expectantly. I look at both of them, waiting.

"Sugar, you have the key, do the honors," he chuckles.

I facepalm, "Oh, jeez."

I unsnap my purse, pulling out the little purple box, I remove the key. Putting into the lock, I turn it, no resistance.

I try the handle, my eyes get big, "It wasn't even locked!" I say in surprise.

Prince belly laughs, "I know, I just wanted you to use the key," he motions me in, "Ladies first."

We enter the house, it has a totally different feel to it now that it is furnished, I stop in awe, taking it all in.

Kirk walks past us, heading towards the stairs with my bags. Prince touches my arm to return my attention to him.

First we head into the great room, of course there's a piano, seeing it there makes me happy, I love when he plays piano. Slowly we make our way throughout the rest of the main floor, I'm very pleased with all the decorations and furnishings that have been brought in. The interior has been freshly painted as well, it has come together nicely.

As I'm eyeing everything I notice it has a touch of traditional mixed with the contemporary, it's eclectic, but it flows.

"I had the designers pick items that I thought would appeal to you. Your place was cozy, I wanted that here as well," he elaborates.

We make our way to his office on the main floor, as we walk in you can tell it's definitely his space. I don't feel the coziness here, but I know that I won't be in this room very much.

We walk past the back doors, the yard is still as unimpressive as it was the first time we saw it, I have a lot of work to do.

Kirk passes us in the foyer, he waves. As he is walking out the front door, he yells, "See you later, P."

Prince nods to him, but says nothing. We make our way upstairs, his excitement is evident as he opens a door to one of the bedrooms. It seems smaller than I remember, but I don't think much about it again.

"Your office," as he walks in and spins, raising his arms.

"I have an office?"

I look around, it has that cozier vibe to it that I like. There is a brand new desktop computer, printer, phone, everything an office needs.

"Sit," he spins the chair out for me. Once I sit, he spins it to face the desk. Leaning over me, he clicks an icon on the desktop.

"A landscaping design program," he grins ear to ear, "to help you with the garden."

Watching him intent on the computer screen, I say, "You're the most adorable computer nerd I've ever seen," and plant a big kiss on his cheek.

"I know," he says matter of factually, as he clicks the mouse around the screen.

He has had someone go through the trouble of adding the dimensions of the back area. As it comes up on the screen, it's a pretty lifelike graphic, ready for designing.

"Amazing," I say as stare at the animated image of the area, "now I just need to figure out how to use this."

"There's a tutorial," he clicks to bring it up, "that's all I'm going to show you on here, because I'd have to learn it, too," he admits, laughing.

"I can't wait to play with this, I've always just done it in my head. Thank you," I look up at him from my seated position.

I stand, running my hand down his arm, he kisses my cheek, "Do you want to see our bedroom?"

"Of course," I take his hand and let him lead me down the hallway.

The master sits on the opposite side of the house than the other two bedrooms, taking up half of the upper level.

There is a small sitting room as you enter, then double doors leading to the bedroom itself. Walking through the sitting room, which I know will be a wasted space, I wonder why Prince felt the need to give me a private office, this would have been just fine.

Going through the double doors, the bedroom is more in his style, it's visually appealing and luxurious, but it seems to be lacking some personal touches to make it truly inviting. This must be evident on my face, he also doesn't seem to be totally enamored either, because we look at each other after scanning the room.

"It needs something," he says dryly, "I'll leave that to you."

His hand rests on the small of my back as we make our way into the master bath. Not much has changed in here but a fresh coat of paint and some strategically placed bath and body items. Prince does stop to assess the color and quality of the towels. He nods and looks at me for a second opinion, I nod, too, they're very plush, the color is a rich garnet.

He eyes the large sunken tub, a devious smile appears, "I can't wait to bathe with you in there."

I make an appreciative sound, it will be nice to have a tub I can completely submerge into, but having his company will make it even better, I'm sure.

Going back over to the other side, we make a quick stop by the final bedroom and bath. They have even more of an impersonal feel than the master, but they will serve their purpose if they are ever utilized for company.

Going back toward the master, he pulls me over into the loft that separates the two sides of the upper level. Huge windows look out over the back yard, you can also look down into the great room over a half wall. He points to the shared wall of my new office, an elevator has been installed. It's an added convenience, I think, but it saddens me at the same time. I have a feeling it's because stairs are becoming an issue for him.

"That's why that bedroom seemed smaller." I realize.

"I can't wait to have you in there," he looks at me with sparkling eyes, pulling me close, he kisses me deeply, but it ends much too soon.

As my eyes open and focus on him, I just can't resist, I'm feeling playful, "Who's the freak now, Mr. Nelson?"

He grants me a throaty chuckle as he presses the button, the elevator dings and the door opens. Stepping inside, I assume he would be handsy, but to my disappointment, he is not. The elevator stops, and the door opens on the side of the great room, it's camouflaged well, I hadn't noticed it when we went through earlier.

Stepping out he leads me back to the foyer, "So, do you like it? Think you'll be happy here?"

I nod enthusiastically, "Yes."

"That makes me happy," a quick kiss to my lips, "I have to go now."

I know there is a split second of shock that crosses my face, I do my best to conceal it, but I wasn't fast enough.

"I postponed a day, I need to get into the studio. I'm sorry, it's just how it works, Sugar," there's no compassion, it's all cut and dry.

I dutifully nod, "No, I-I understand. You have to go, I'm good," I bend the truth.

"I don't know when exactly that I'll be home, but if you need anything, you have Marcus's number," he reminds me.

He pauses for one more deep kiss, then he's out the front door. I hear the Bentley's engine start, and I move to peek out the window. He's around the circular drive and into the street, in a flash he is gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

571 53 17
Estelle Jackson continued! Started by r_jamo22! Go read hers first! She let me adopt it though, so this is where are are currently!
202K 2.8K 39
REQUESTS CLOSED Here we go again... Started: June 19th 2021 Completed: May 10th 2022
186K 6.2K 30
❝THERE'S NO SUNSHINE.❞ ☼ (SEQUEL TO CLOSE)
32.7K 2K 57
Book 3, the continuation of This Could B Us