The Power Bond

Par keyleehargis

Book three in 'The Bond Series' This book is Ryker and his mate's perspective of the war and past that:) ... Plus

Before you read
Chapter One|| A little party never killed nobody
Chapter Two|| Out of breath and out of reasons
Chapter Three|| Snarky comments
Chapter Four|| Games
Chapter Five|| Training
Chapter Six|| Wolf in distress
Chapter Seven|| Shock
Chapter Eight|| Surprise Visits
Chapter Nine|| The McKinley crew
Chapter Ten|| A new beginning
Chapter Eleven|| Dante
Chapter Twelve|| Hot stuff
Chapter Thirteen|| Dante pt 2
Chapter Fourteen|| Preparing
Chapter Fifteen|| War
Chapter Seventeen|| Kisses and Marks
Chapter Eighteen|| Dinners pt 1
Chapter Eighteen|| Dinners pt 2
Chapter Nineteen|| Girl in the forest
Chapter Twenty|| Renee Allister
Chapter Twenty One|| McKenzie
Chapter Twenty Two|| The Darkness
Chapter Twenty Three|| The woods
Chapter Twenty Four|| Say yes to the dress
Chapter Twenty Five|| Dimitri
Chapter Twenty Six|| Heartbreak
Chapter Twenty Seven|| Figuring Out
Chapter Twenty Eight|| The Christmas Ball
Chapter Twenty Nine|| Teaming Up
Chapter Thirty|| Visions
Chapter Thirty One|| Weak
Chapter Thirty Two|| Its all over
Chapter Thirty Three|| Date Night
Chapter Thirty Four|| Best Friends
Chapter Thirty Five|| Tied Down
Chapter Thirty Six|| Here Comes Mommy
Chapter Thirty Seven|| Mommy Issues
Chapter Thirty Eight|| Taking Risk
Chapter Thirty Nine|| The Big Day
Chapter Forty|| Settling in
Chapter Forty One|| Back to Work
Chapter Forty Two|| Sad Times
Chapter Forty Three|| It's Not Fair
Chapter Forty Four|| Time
Chapter Forty Five|| It's Going to be Okay
Epilogue
Next Book

Chapter Sixteen|| Siren

76.6K 3.4K 121
Par keyleehargis

{Madeline's POV}

Staring in the mirror, I looked at the blood scattered across my face. Everything felt so unreal. We just experience war... and won. 

"You okay?" I heard and turned looking at Ryker. 

"Not really." I mumbled walking to the shower and turned it on letting it heat up. 

"Today on the field. You shifted to human form. You could have gotten yourself killed. What was up with that?" He asked and I sighed looking away. 

"I... got scared." I lied. 

"I knew I shouldn't have let you come." He said to himself and I nodded. "Yeah. I was just a clueless wolf." I said a little more sharper than I should have. His features softened and he shook his head. 

"I didn't mean it like that, Mads." I shrugged. 

"It's fine. Im going to take a shower." I said and he nodded clearly not wanting to let this conversation go. 

"Ill shower next door." He replied shutting the door behind him as he left. 

"Goddess what has my life become?" I muttered. 

I quickly stripped getting into the shower and started scrubbing my body with soap trying to get the memories of today off. 

The deaths were almost overbearing.

Not to mention I didn't even know who I was anymore. I was utterly confused. 

A siren? Call it a gift from the Moon Goddess. 

***

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ryker asked as he pulled back the covers of the bed on his side and I repeated his actions. 

"Yeah, just shaken up." I said softly and climbed in pulling the covers over me. 

"Come here." He said as he got in and I scooted over to him and he pulled him into his embrace. 

"You can talk to me, you know? I know taking a life is hard, but sometime you have to do what you the necessary thing. It was you or them." He told me and I nodded. 

"I know, it's just..." Should I tell him? 

"Ryker.."

"Yes?" he asked hesitantly. 

"Alara... she told me something today on the field." I felt him tense. 

"And?" He asked a little sharper. He was clearly not fond of her. 

"She said I was a ... siren. Is that even possible?" I asked and he quickly looked down at me confused. 

"A siren? Where would she get that idea?" He asked and I shrugged not knowing the answer myself. 

"I shifted in the middle of the fight and this guy... he came at me and I pleaded for him to stop as I panicked and he... did. He approached me like he was in a trance and I panicked and killed him. I ripped out his heart Ryker." I said and sat up looking at him. 

"I don't know what to say." he said deep in thought. 

"A siren is a creature that leads people to their death. It was a myth of the sea. How can a wolf be a siren? It can't be possible." I mumbled and my mind drifted to this morning as I was in the shower and that... voice spoke to me. 

"Alara... after she told me this, I asked her how she knew and she replied 'she tells me everything' it didn't make sense now but what if that she is someone powerful." I said and he squinted his eyes. 

"Who are you suspecting is the she?" 

"The Moon Goddess." I mumbled and a laugh left Ryker's body. 

"You don't believe me..." I felt stupid for even telling him. 

"Im not saying you're lying about what she said I'm just not quite believing her. Sirens are known to live by the sea. They are horrible people who lure sailors to their deaths and you, my love, are not that. You are pure and no where near like a siren. Why would the Moon Goddess be speaking to Alara? " 

"I was in the shower and... and I got this sharp pain in my head. It was terrifying and a voice spoke to me Ryker I know it . I know it was her. She called me her child." I told him quickly and his eyes widened. 

"Madeline..." He started but I held my hand up quickly. 

"Im not going insane dammit! Im telling the truth. She spoke to me." I said and he sighed running a hand over his face. 

"What were the words spoken to you?" 

"Something about how I shouldn't doubt myself. That I didn't know my true potential. That us Lunas will play a big part in the war. I don't even know anymore." I looked down at my hands flipping them over as I studied them. The hands that took innocent lives. 

"I believe you." I heard Ryker say and I looked up at him quickly. 

"You do?" He nodded. 

"When I told you I didn't want you going into the battle. I was hell bent on making you stay here, but the second your eyes met mine and you pleaded with me. I felt like I would do anything you told me to and I did. It makes sense now. I felt so confused the whole way there on as to why I let you go but I couldn't let myself tell you to stay back. You lured me into your ways and you didn't even know it. I think she spoke to you to wake something in you. To wake this ability. For you to know of it and bring it to life." He told me and brought his hand up wiping a stray tear from my cheek. 

"I know half the time I'm an ass, but I will always believe you gattina." He said and I let out a small chuckle. 

"Stop calling me a cat." I said and he cocked an eyebrow. 

"Kitten." He corrected. 

"Im technically a dog not a cat." I said and he thought about it and nodded. 

"Fine, have it your way, cucciola." He smirked and I gave him an annoyed look. 

"Please don't tell me that means what I think it means." He chuckled. 

"If you're thinking puppy, then you're correct." I rolled my eyes. 

"You're annoying." I said laying back beside him. 

"It's not my fault. You're a siren, you just lured me to give you a nickname." I smacked his chest playfully causing him to grin. 

"I only kid... kind of." 

"Now to a more serious matter." He said and I looked up at him confused. 

"Tomorrow is the full moon." he said and I groaned. 

"Heat." I mumbled. 

"Heat." He replied. 

"What a bitch." I added and he let out a husky chuckle. 

"Indeed it is." I glanced up at him and squinted my eyes. 

"What are you thinking?" I asked and he shrugged. 

"Oh nothing." He said with mock innocence. 

Dirty bastard. 

________________________________________________

So this was a filler kinda but they needed to have that talk about her new abilities. 

She is a siren! If you are still confused please comment and let me know so I can help clear it up a bit! 

-No she isn't a mermaid lol. 

-Thoughts on the moon goddess?

Next chapter will be heat, ahhh. What do you think will happen? Comment!

Comment

Vote

Share

I promise not that the war is out of the way it will be more Madeline and Ryker time. To me the plot always comes first. But not we're moving along in the story!

I have been busy lately and I recently made a board post and said a project that is coming up and if you like any type of bands from AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Queen, KISS, Nirvana,  all the way to the Beatles you need to read this! If not you don't have to read (even thought I would like you to)

I've been working with a lot of people and we are making a band parody kind of video. It is for laughs and is a huge project that started in May and wont be done until November. It nearly took half a year! Were actually filming part of the video at a Guns n Roses concert!! If you know me at all you know I edit and do videography videos a lot and this is one project i've been on with some other videographers and its so exciting working with new people and making new friends. This video will make you laugh so hard. I've watched bit and pieces we've filmed and practically been in tears. Its just something me and others enjoy because we love bands and it's just funny to basically reenact these videos. 

Here are 2 banners below I cracked up over for the promo's basically! (Not real cigarettes because we do not support smoking!!!! It's just for show))) and a snippet from a scene we were filming (the one on the boat is mid shot so that's why quality looks off)

I cannot post anymore previews but those are from some.. songs... we've already done hehe. 

I will be in Nashville TN this coming weekend filming! So if you live around there let me know! I'd love to meet you! We'll also be in Louisville one weekend, and maybe New York, so just let me know where you live below! We might be coming near you!

Sorry for the long A/N it won't be this long again, I promise!! I just couldn't wait to share this!

Another update coming soon :)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

11.4K 115 7
Jade Mason was kidnapped when she was four years old. She was used, abused and tortured for fourteen years by a rogue alpha, so what will she do when...
1.1M 26.9K 34
"I- I..., I don't understand.." "We were made for each other, we're mates.., although I wasn't expecting my little mate to be this young..." he paus...
8.4M 198K 22
*BOOK THREE* (Can be read as standalone) OFFICIAL PREVIEW FOR THE PUBLISHED NOVEL!! THIS INCLUDES THE PROLOGUE AND FIRST TWO CHAPTERS. Lexia has bee...
198K 5.3K 57
Book 4 in the Redemption Series. FINISHED! Will edit once I'm done procrastinating. **** "You will always be my possession, but you're not an object...