CAROLINA // HS

By -harryshallway

You will drown in the sweet sorrow of the passion. More

The Prologue
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
The Epilogue.
New Book

13.

2.3K 102 13
By -harryshallway

There is always something
or somebody waiting for you.
Something stronger, more intelligent, more kind, more evil. Something crazier than crazy, saner than sane.

I try to keep this fully in mind
for when he is back, so I am prepared. But I know I will never be. He will always visit me when it is unexpected.

I need to forget him, make myself a bit more calm. I need to forget the way he spoke to me, the way his hands felt on my skin -- it is his touch I miss everytime he leaves.

No matter how hard I try, it gets harder every day. My nerves are always on the run and my heartbeat is never slowing down.

Nothing makes me forget him. At first Elijah was a distraction, but I fear he is no longer someone to distract me. No matter what I do, he always enters my thoughts.

I long to know his name. To feel his touch again, to see him again. How wrong it all may be.

I know I have some feelings for Elijah, but it was never Elijah who made my heartbeat go faster; who made blood run violently through my body.

The one behind all of that, was one big mystery and I desperately wanted to solve it. I needed to solve it.

My mind craves answers. Every question is what I to be answered. Every day I am waiting for him to make an appearance. On edge I scan everything I surround myself with.

But for this day I had to focus myself one Elijah. He would be here in a couple of minutes and I wondered how my day would be.

While brushing through my hair, I struggled with getting it the way I prefered it. My eyebrows were furrowed and I let out a puff of air, simply because I grew frustrated. Combing my fingers through it, I heard a knock on our frontdoor.

My feet brought me down our long hallway in front of the door. I cleared my throat and laid my hand down on the doorknob. Pulling the thing down, I opened the door.

My eyes fell upon Elijah and he instantly started smiling. The pleasing look of his broad shoulders and muscular body hidden beneath a layer of black leather.

"Hey, June. How are you?" His eyes met mine and he hugged me while asking.

I tried to act normal and distract myself from the fact he was here, right in front of me and ready to give himself to me, while I was distracted with someone else so out of reach.

"Hey Elijah, I am fine. You?"
I asked him, while moving out of the dooropening, "Come in."

His eyes started glowing, their sparkle returning and his white teeth were once again on display.

"I am good,"
he stepped into the living room and looked around, "where is your mother?"

"Working as always."

He looked at me for a couple of seconds and his eyes wandered around after that. I kept watching him, waiting for a reaction.

"So, we have the place for ourselves," he confirmed, "that's great."

I let out a laugh and he did the same. He walked to the couch and sat himself down. Looking up at me, he waited for something to happen.

I broke out of my trance and nervously walked into his direction. He watched me and I wondered if he felt the tension too. It was as if words were unspoken, but ready to be free.

His eyes looked away from me and I figured out he felt the same. He cleared his throat and shook his head a bit. I bit my nails and saw him trying to come up with something.

My stomach made a strange noise and I announced it was time to eat something, while walking to the kitchen I asked him if he wanted something too.

He shook his head, "No, thanks."

Opening some cabinets, I searched for anything that satisfyed my hunger. My eyes fell upon a package of chocolate cookies and I took them out.

"What do you want to do?"
I heard him asking and I made my way back to him. He was still seated the same way and I placed myself next to his tensed body.

Looking at the TV, I shrugged,
"I don't know, we could watch a movie or something?"

"Sure. Suprise me with a nice one." He said and leaned back, so he could relax. His huge frame falling against the back of the touch.

I decided I would show him
my favorite one.

°

Not even an hour had passed, when my eyes were falling close and I let our a couple of yawns. Trying to keep myself awake, I sat up straight.

Elijah's body was next to me and the warmth radiating off him was pleasant. I scooped a bit closer against him and tried not to shiver. Elijah pulled me into his body when he noticed.

"Are you cold, June?"
I nodded and looked up at him.

"Do you have a blanket somewhere?"

I pointed towards the cabinets on the other side of the room and all too soon Elijah left my body cold. Pulling a thick blanket out he made his way back to me.

Tugging me in, he sat down under the blanket too and I immediately felt the new and pleasant coziness. Satisfied, I let out a sigh. "Thank you."

He looked deep into my eyes
and his hand touched my cheek gently. His eyes invading mine and carressing my skin.

"I want to try something again,
I hope we won't be interrupted this time," he whispered.

Moving his body slowly towards mine, he sat up more straight. Leaning towards me, I saw his head coming closer. Elijah tried not too blush, but I saw it appearing on his face.

I closed my eyes and after some time off breathing and waiting, his lips touched mine. A tiny spark being felt.

Our mouths still getting used to eachother, we both sat up more straight. Holding eachother, pushing our bodies against eachother.

Before things got any further,
the passion was gone quickly,
because my phone rang. We let our lips part ways and Elijah's lips were plump and cheeks flushed red.

Elijah groaned and rolled with his eyes, I send him a tiny smile as a sort of tiny excuse.

"Damn it, why are we always interrupted?" He rasped.

I shrugged, lost for words
and heard my phone still ringing.
I decided it could be important, so I walked towards it.

"Sorry Elijah, I have to get this one. It may be important."

"Yeah, ofcourse. Go ahead,"
he said, lips still swollen and bright red from our kiss.

Unknown number, it read. I thought about and it may be important, so I answered the unknown caller.

"Hello, this is-" I did not even have the
chance to finish my sentence, because a deep, rasp voice interrupted me,
"Walk to your room, June. Leave the living area. Leave him."

I gasped out of shock, ofcourse it was him. I tried to breathe regular and behave as normal as possible in front of Elijah. I felt his eyes on me, so I did not dare to look back at him.

I took the phone away from my ears and thought about pressing the red button -- hanging up and blocking the number. I hesitated.

Hearing him talk through the phone, but no really understanding what because it was too soft, I held it back against my ear. Curiosity getting the best of me.

"Don't you dare to block me or hang up, I will find other ways.
Now, go to your room." The rasp in his voice sent shivers through my spine.

I swallowed and ignored the lump forming in my throat.

"You look a pit pale, June. Everything alright?," I heard Elijah asking in the background. I turned around towards him and tried to give him a smile.

"Yeah, I am fine. Be right back."

I dissapeared into the hallway and made my way upstairs. My breathing still regular, I was able to control it.

My shivering hands holding the phone tight, fear was spreading itself through my body again. I reached my room way too early. Not knowing what to do, I waited until he said something again.

A couple of seconds passed when his voice was being heard again,
"I assume you're there now?"

I said nothing, my eyes wandering through the room. I did not answer him and just waited for him to continue leading the conversation.

"Answer me, when I ask you a question." He demanded.

I took a deep breath, trying to speak loudly. I bit my lips for a second.

"I am in my room." I eventually announced with a whisper.

"Good girl."

I swallowed even more,
my lip started trembling out of fear.
Tears forming itself in my eyes.

"Now, I want you to stand in front of your window. Open the curtains and look outside, darling."

I turned my trembling and shivering body towards the window, to look at my curtains. With small steps,
I reached it and pulled them open with one hand.

There he stood. His head being turned towards my window, sunglassed shielding his eyes. His hand holding a
phone against his ear. And a noticable smirk covering the lower part of his face.

"That wasn't so hard, was it? I want to make one thing clear, my dearest June. You are mine. So whatever silly boy is waiting for you downstairs, can go to hell," I heard him saying to me over the phone, pausing with a chuckle, "I do not share. Keep that in mind. I will always watch you, treasure you, but above all, crave you."

I let out a cry, my fear getting the best of me. My mind was blank,
suddenly all my questions were nowhere to be found.

"Oh, no, don't cry my dear. It will all be fine. Don't be afraid. I will take great care of you. Now,"
I saw him looking at our window in the living room, which is covered with curtains. "Go finish that movie. It was pleasurable talking to you. Can't wait to see you again."

My shaking hands dropped the phone and I felt a rush of fear spreading through my body, almost eating my alive.

•/////

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 451 20
"Yα΄α΄œα΄ α΄‡ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴍΙͺɴᴇs"
1.3M 23.9K 90
Ξ±Ξ·βˆ‚ Ρ‚Π½Ρ”Ξ· Ξ±gΞ±ΞΉΞ·, Ρ•Π½Ρ” ωαѕ Π½ΞΉΡ•.
7K 220 4
READER INSERT // lifeguard!harry You're in love with your best friend, he has no idea, and there are plenty of complications in your way.
304 22 20
One shots of scenes I can't fit into the gazillion books I'm writing, but that want to get out anyway. These stories belong solely to ME. They come f...