Just One Night

By SomeoneLovesYou

"Here's what I want you to do," I began, trailing my hands up his muscular body to wrap my arms around his ne... More

Just One Night - Before You Read
Just One Night
Just One Night ~2~
Just One Night~2~ REUPLOAD
Just One Night ~3~
Just One Night ~4~
Just One Night ~5~
Just One Night ~6~
Just One Night ~7~
Just One Night ~8~
Just One Night ~10~
Just One Night ~11~
Just One Night ~12~
Just One Night ~13~
Just One Night ~14~
Just One Night ~15~
Just One Night ~16~
Just One Night ~17~
Just One Night ~18~
Just One Night ~19~
Just One Night ~20~
Just One Night ~21~
Just One Night ~22~
Just One Night ~23~
Just One Night ~24~
Just One Night ~25~
Just One Night ~Epilogue~
Just One Night ~One Shot~
Just One Night ~Song List~
Just One Night ~Acknowledgement~
Just One Night ~Updates and Questions~

Just One Night ~9~

835K 8.8K 1.4K
By SomeoneLovesYou

Hey Wattpad!

First: I am SO sorry for not uploading last week! It was really hectic and just too much was going on... It sucked, basically. BUT I'm hoping this makes up for it:) Also, this would have been up earlier in the day, but the internet is so distracting!!:(

Second: Holy crap I cannot BELIEVE how much this story has grown! I'm up to 20 something fans, and this story has over 2000 reads/70 votes!!!! I seriously love you guys for this!!!!<3

Third: Everyone who comments really makes my day! It's been a stressful week again but you guys commenting just made me smile:)

So here's another chapter, and I really hope you like it!!! It will skip over some time, but it's because it's part of the story. I promise it won't rush through anything too much, but it should cover it pretty quickly...

You'll understand later:P

 UPDATE 4/29/2013: Dedication is because she made the AH-MAZE-ING cover on the side!!!:D <3

CHAPTER 9

            “Thank God that’s over.” I muttered to my dad as I got into his car. We’d just been released from the doctor’s office, and I was looking forward to driving over to Cameron’s for some serious make-out therapy.

            “I don’t think me or Doc. could handle much more crying.” My dad shook his head at me. “I thought you wanted this?”

            I sighed. “I did. It’s just now I don’t have a choice.” I explained.

            He nodded in understanding. “Right. Well, did you want to go somewhere, or straight home?”

            I told him to take me home; I could drive myself to Cam’s. It definitely wasn’t the time for meet the parents. Hell, I don’t think I’d ever date a guy long enough to have that. Luckily.

            I just hoped me and Cam could still have sex if we didn’t work out. We were too good together to ruin that part of our relationship.

            My dad stopped the car in our driveway, and locked the door. “Taylor, we need to talk.”

            I gasped. “Are you breaking up with me?” I joked.

            He just looked at me, and I held my hands up. “Ok, what’s going on?”

            “I know it seems personal, but are you having sex?” He asked.

            I froze. “Why are you asking?” I made sure to keep any sense of yes or no out of my voice.

            “Because I don’t want you being stupid. I don’t care if you’re going to have sex, just be careful. I don’t want anything to happen to you.” He said. I gave him a look, and he sighed. “Ok, maybe I do care. But the point remains the same.”

            I bit the inside of my lip before saying, “No, I’m not. But yes, I do have a boyfriend, and yes we are pretty serious.” I half-lied. Ok, maybe most of it was a lie. But I did have a boyfriend, and technically we were serious since we were having sex…

            “How long have you been dating?” My dad asked.

            “Around three months.” I lied again. Damn this lying was really not good for either of us.

            “I see. Were you ever planning to introduce me to him?” He asked.

            I nodded. “If we’re dating for nine months, then sure.” I told him. Translation; if we were still dating in six months, I’d have to do the meet the parents. I doubted we’d last that long though. Just because I couldn’t keep a relationship if I tried.

            “Deal. Are you going over to his?” My dad asked, and I nodded.

            “Yeah, I’ll see you at 10?”

            “Sure. If you’re earlier I’ll let you sleep in for 5 minutes.” He smiled. I hugged him tightly.

            “Love you, dad.”

            I got out of the now unlocked car, heading for my own.

            “Oh, two more things.” My dad stopped me. “First, if you do start having sex, let me know, ok? We can start taking you to that womanly doctor.”

            “You mean an OB-GYN?” I asked, and he nodded.

            “Yeah, that thing.”

            “What’s the second thing?” I asked, nodding in an agreement. I’d just tell him in around five months.

            My dad grinned, handing me a box. “If this remains unopened, I’ll be happy.”

            I glanced at the writing, laughing. He’d given me a box of condoms.

            “Funny, dad. I’ll just put those in my car.” I told him.

            And I really would. Maybe I could just use them and buy another box exactly like it.

            I got into my car, leaving with a wave. My dad was crazy sometimes, but I loved him. I’d finally asked him about his date on Friday, and he said they’d hit it off. They were going out again this Friday.

            I couldn’t be happier for him; he’d been a little down since my selfish-ass mother left him, and I’d tried again and again to get him to consider dating, but he hadn’t done it. Now he was, I only hoped this girl was nicer.

            I pulled out onto the road, calling Cam without taking my eyes off the road.

            “Hey, babe. What’s up?”

            “I’m coming over. The thing took a little longer than I thought.” I told him.

            “Uh, that might not be a good idea… unless you were planning to meet my mom today.”

            I almost slammed on the brakes, choosing instead to grip the wheel tighter. “Uh, no I really wasn’t.” I managed to stammer out. Oh, God. Was it getting hot in here? Could I just turn around right now?

            “Tay?” Cam asked, and I tried to focus on the road. I physically couldn’t meet his mom. Ever.

            “Yeah?” I heard my voice do something weird, becoming a couple of octaves higher than usual.

            “Are you ok?”

            “I don’t do meeting parents. Hell, even thinking about it makes me nauseous.” I told him, looking around for a turn I could take to head somewhere else.

            “Ok, just breathe, Tay. You don’t have to do it now. If we don’t last, you don’t have to do it ever.” He said, and I followed the instructions, feeling the calmness begin to settle back in.

            “Thanks.” I breathed, thankfully. Having an accident would not be good.

            “Any time. Tomorrow, see you then?” He asked, sounding oddly hopeful.

            I laughed. “Sure. See you then. By the way, is Matthew at Rania’s?”

            “No, his mom’s giving him the talk today. He told me Rania called his mom and told her everything he’s been doing and now his mom is freaking out on him.”

            I fought the laughter. “Oh dear God that’s funny.” I said instead.

            “I know. And don’t tell her, but Matthew’s going to make Rania meet his mom next weekend.” Cameron told me.

            I gasped. “Seriously?” I knew Matthew had been a player like Cam, but it seemed it was official; he’d changed.

            “Seriously. I can’t believe it either. My wingman is whipped!” Cam faked crying sounds.

            I chuckled. “You’ll get over it Player. Now I have to go. Talk to you later.”

            “Alright, have fun. No lesbian jokes this time, ok?”

            I hesitated intentionally. “No promises.”

            I heard Cam groan. “Taylor that is torture. Tell me you’re joking, or I will force you to meet my mom.”

            My breathing hitched, and I somehow kept the car on the road. “Cam, I’m joking. Just please don’t ever make me do something like that…” I said, trying to remember he wasn’t really going to do it.

            “Ok, calm down. You sound like you’re having a panic attack.” Cam actually sounded concerned.

            “I had a mini one. Meeting your mom means commitment, and I just can’t do that shit.” I explained.

            “And sleeping with me isn’t a commitment?”

            “Nah, that’s just fun. Now I really have to go. Later, Player.”

            I hung up, already driving to Rania’s house. We needed some girl bonding time, especially since I couldn’t get my make-out therapy.

            “You know my mom will be here soon… You have to go.” Cam muttered, pulling me in for another kiss despite his words.

            I didn’t try to push him off me; I was comfortable.

            We were currently lying on his bed after a very intense kiss, and some mind-blowing sex. I’d thrown my underwear back on, and I knew he was right. Even though we’d been dating for two months now, I was nowhere near ready to meet his mom. So we had a routine going. I’d come over after school, stay for two hours, and leave before his mom got home.

            It had worked ever since the day after I’d gone to the doctor’s. We were even prepared for if his mom decided to come home early.

            See, I could be responsible sometimes.

            “Then why don’t you stop kissing me so I can go?” I asked, pushing against him a little harder. I felt his arousal below, completely unsurprised now. I’d been a little confused at first because it seemed he felt that way all the freaking time. Then he kissed me and I understood how. Now it just got me hot for him, and I hated it.

            I had to leave. He couldn’t get me all worked up right now.

            “Think we can squeeze in a quickie?” He asked.

            I was almost tempted to say sure, but a sound from downstairs made us both freeze.

            “Cameron? Are you here?” A woman’s voice said.

            I looked at him, and he mouthed the word ‘mom’.

            Well, shit. I pushed him lightly, making sure to keep quiet as I tip-toed around his room to grab my clothes. I slid them on as silently as I could as he called out, “Yeah, mom. I’m doing homework.”

            “Yeah, right. When do you ever do homework?” His mom shouted. I wanted to laugh, but bit my lip when I remembered the situation.

            “At school usually. But I didn’t have time today.” He said back, giving me a little signal telling me to hurry up.

            I glared at him, as I slipped into the second shoe. “Done.” I whispered, creeping over to the window. “Bye, boyfriend.”

            “Bye, girlfriend.” He whispered back, kissing me quickly.

            “Alright. Well, I have some -,” I didn’t hear the rest of what his mom said, as I was already out of the window. I walked through their backyard, stepped on the little hill that was conveniently placed below the wall, and jumped over. My car was parked in the street across the road from his so his mom wouldn’t see it and wonder whose it was.

            Totally responsible teenagers, weren’t we?

            I got into my car, catching my breath back. I tried to never let Cam see just how different he made me feel, how breathless I got every time we kissed like that, but it was getting hard. Sometimes I had to fake a bathroom break just to get my composure. What did he have that no other guy I’d dated even had a hint of?

            I could think of only one thing: my virginity. I sometimes thought that maybe it was the fact that he was my first, but then I remembered the feelings I had before we ever did anything serious, and the theory became a bunch of bullshit.

            I sighed, starting the engine. I really did have homework I needed to do. I should probably start that.

            I headed in the direction of my house, and a few minutes later, my phone was ringing.

            “Hello?” I answered. My phone was connected to the car, meaning I didn’t have to use my hands. Best invention ever in my opinion.

            I was welcomed by crying, and immediately checked the caller ID; it was Rania.

            “Rania, what’s wrong? Do you need me to come over?” I asked urgently. If Matthew had done or said something to her, I would be at his house with a shotgun, ax, and flame thrower in a minute.

            “Yes.” She said, her voice thick.

            “I’ll be right there.” I did what was probably an illegal U-turn, thanking my lucky stars the street was empty. That was thing with us; if she told me to come over while crying, I dropped everything and went over, no matter what.

            “Ok, I’m going to hang up so I can call my dad, but I’ll be there before you know it.” I told her.

            My dad might be ok with sex, but if I was going anywhere he wanted to know. Whatever logic was in that, I’d never know.

            Rania hung up after some unintelligible slurring, and I told the car to call my dad. I’d only discovered the car could do this when I accidentally said something about call Cam, and I’d ended up on the phone with him.

            It had been awkward.

            “Hon, what’s up?” My dad’s voice said.

            “Hey, dad, I’m going over to Rania’s. She just called me crying.” I told him. He understood completely. He always told me that in order to be a good friend you had to be able to do whatever you could for them. And right now, I could be there for Rania.

            “Text me when you get there, and call me when you leave. I’m going to be out with Jennifer, so text me when you get home too.” He said.

            “I’m there. Love you, talk to you later. Have fun with Jennifer.” I hung up. Jennifer was the girl he’d been on a few dates with, and I was pretty sure it was almost official by now. I’d met her once, and I liked her. She was definitely better than the being I had to call mother.

            I didn’t even knock, I just walked into the house. Misty’s car hadn’t been in the driveway, so I assumed she wasn’t there. An assumption that I knew was correct when Rania ran to me, tears running down her face.

            “What happened? Is it Matthew? Do I need to torture him until he begs for death in a basement?” I asked, completely serious.

            Rania just sobbed, and I pulled her gently to her room, letting her sit on the bed as I hugged her.

            “I- I-,” She tried, but burst into tears again.

            “Deep breaths, girl.” I instructed, breathing with her to help her keep beat. When she had calmed down a little I began asking again. “Now, what happened?”

            Rania looked at me, seeming so sad and pitiful I almost cried.

            “Tay, I haven’t started in over two months.” She said, tears leaving tracks down her cheeks again.

            My body seemed to understand before my brain. I felt myself freeze up, but asked, “What do you mean?”          

            Rania just swallowed. “I might be pregnant, Tay. Matthew might not have been joking after all.” She broke down again, using my shoulder as a pillow.

            I let her, rubbing her back distractedly. I thought he’d really been joking. If she was, there was no doubt in my mind when she’d got pregnant. I knew it instantly. But she hadn’t believed me, and I’d believed her. Matthew’s joking was supposed to have just been that; joking.

            What was she going to do? I took a breath. No matter what, I’d be there for her. She was going to need me, her best friend, to be there, and I would. No matter how hard it was.

            “Rania, have you even taken a test yet?” I asked.

            She shook her head. “Tay, I’m never late. You know that. Can you go get me some though?”

            I nodded. I could deal with some weird looks if it helped her right now. “OK, I’ll get them now. What time is your mom supposed to be back?” I asked.

            “She said she’d be back tomorrow. I told her I’d go to Matthew’s. Do you think your dad would let you spend the night though? I know it’s a Thursday, but still…” Rania looked at me.

            I nodded. “I’ll tell him it’s an emergency. He’s hanging out with Jennifer so he’ll probably be relieved. I’ll get you a lot of tests, and some more tissues. I think you’re running out.” I told her, smiling slightly.

            If she was pregnant, the whole thing better be this easy.

            “Thanks. I probably am out. You know you’re the best friend in the world, right?” Rania asked, lying down.

            I nodded. “Oh yeah. You also know I’m calling Godmother rights, as well as the right to at least provide the middle name, right?”

            Rania nodded. “Yeah I know. Now go get the stuff. And don’t tell Matthew or Cameron. I’ll tell Matthew when I know for sure.”

            “See you in a minute.” I left, headed for the 24-hour pharmacy a little away from our area. Hopefully no one I knew would see me. If they did see me, I’d risk assault charges by punching them in the face.

            How could she be actually pregnant? My best friend? Could I handle it?

            I’d have to. I would not ditch her. I would never do that, even if never doing that would hurt me beyond anything else.

            But as long as my best friend was happy, I could deal.

            As expected, the pharmacist looked at me with a mix of judgment, shame, and fear, but I ignored it, buying eight tests, two of each the store owned. I also bought a couple of boxes of tissues, as well as some hand soap/sanitizer.

            I was pretty sure the lady thought I was crazy, a slut, or both. But I didn’t care. I was doing this for my best friend.

            I drove back to Rania’s like a maniac, breaking the speed limit so much I was surprised I didn’t get pulled over.

            “I’m back!” I called, getting nothing in response. “Rania?”

            I walked into her room, seeing her curled up in a ball, fast asleep.

            I smiled a little, and then poked her. “Girl, you have to wake up. Time to pee!”

            She groaned. “No, I thought I was dreaming.” She sat up, looking a little groggy. “That was fast.”

            I shrugged. “I broke a few speed limits, a couple of driving laws; it was no big deal really.”

            Rania took the little brown bag I had, and looked inside. “What did you do, buy the place out?”

            “Almost. I got four brands, and two of each. Hurry up and pee!” I practically pushed her into the bathroom. We needed to be 100% sure so she could hurry up and tell Matthew. I definitely needed to tell Cam first so he could be there for his friend too.

            Rania closed the bathroom door, and I shouted, “I’m texting Cam! He’ll need to know so he can be there for Matthew.”

            I heard Rania say it was ok, and sent Cam a quick text, Is Matthew with you?

            In less than a minute, he’d replied, No, why?

            I typed back quickly, Don’t tell him, but Rania might be pregnant. She’s testing herself now.

            I ignored his response when Rania walked out. “I only took one of each. I didn’t realize I had to go that badly.”

            She began pacing. “That was a lot harder and weirder than movies make it out to be.” She said. “They all said to wait around 2-5 minutes, so what time should I check it?” she asked me.

            I checked the time. “Check it in 4 minutes at 6:15.” I told her, setting an alarm.

            She nodded. “Ok. What will I do, Tay? I mean, I’ll never do abortion, but do I keep it? Or adoption?” she sat back on the bed, shaking her head. “How did this happen? We never have sex without a condom, Tay.”

            I rubbed her arms in what I hoped was a comforting way. “Remember the last party we went to?” I asked.

            “When you and Cam got together?”

            I nodded. “Yeah. Well, I think you and Matthew might have really had sex in a closet. You might have forgotten because of how drunk you were.”

            She put her head in her hands. “Either way, I’m screwed. How am I going to tell my mom?”

            My alarm saved me from having to give an answer. “It’s time.” I told her.

            She stood up again, pacing between her bed and the bathroom door. “I can’t, but I have to…”

            I stopped her. “Go do it, or I’ll do it and you won’t know if I’m serious or lying.” I said.

            She nodded. “I know. I’m just scared. My whole future depends on those sticks, Tay.”

            I gave her a little shove. “I’ll be here. Come on.” I pushed open the door from behind her, keeping a couple of paces away to give her space.

            She took a couple of deep breaths, and glanced at each stick, dropping each back into the brown bag, but handing the last to me.

            “They all said that.”

            I looked at the stick, then back at Rania shocked. That one word would be forever engraved in my memory.

            Positive.

I'm pretty sure most of you expected it, but there ya go!:) Was it worth the wait? This week is my last full week of school, so I'll have a LOT of free time to write!!:D SO excited!!!

Anyway, show you like the story by commenting and voting! And fan if you want to know when I upload:)

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 48.1K 69
Alexis Manro is a 17 year old girl who, along with her cousin Jake, was forced to move to a new town by her step-father. With her mother dead leaving...
710K 11.8K 7
This is a collection of chapters from Just One Night, but written in Cameron Riter's POV!
358K 16.5K 33
[ Highest Rank: #64 in Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #191 in Random ] (i'm currently re-editing this, so i'm sorry if it's messy) When Danielle's mo...
Sailing Hearts By

Teen Fiction

21 0 14
Hi guys!This is a rewrite of one of the first books I wrote on a different account,but I lost it.This was originally named "The players girl" but it...