Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

De heartofice97

All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plo... Mais

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) (Book One) (Collab)
characters
Character Theme Songs & outfit links
Ships
chapter 1 - Pilot
chapter 2 - Night Of The Comet
chapter 3 - Friday Night Bites
chapter 4 - Family Ties
chapter 5 - You're Undead To Me
chapter 7 - Haunted
chapter 8 - 162 Candles
chapter 9 - History Repeating
chapter 10 - The Turning Point
chapter 11 - Bloodlines
chapter 12 - Unpleasantville
chapter 13 - The Children of the Damned
chapter 14 - Fool Me Once
chapter 15 - A Few Good Men
chapter 16 - There Goes the Neighborhood
chapter 17 - Let the Right Ones In
chapter 18 - Under Control
chapter 19 - Miss Mystic Falls
chapter 20 - Blood Family
chapter 21 - Isobel
chapter 22 - Founder's Day
Bloopers

chapter 6 - Lost Girls

1.7K 33 7
De heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Damon: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan stood on the roof.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "For over a century, I have lived in secret, until now. I know the risk, but I had no choice."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Alex/Elena's room, Stefan and Elena sat on her bed, kissing.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "I have to know her."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Stefan's room, Damon looked at the picture of Katherine from 1864.

Damon: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Elena, she's a dead ringer for Katherine."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in the Lockwood Mansion's Historical Society room, Alex and Elena looked at the original guest registry.

"Is that Damon Salvatore?" Alex asked.

"Stefan Salvatore?" Elena went on.

Alex and Elena read the last name together. "And Kaylin Salvatore?"

Damon, Stefan and Kaylin's names were together in the list, in cursive.

Kaylin thought quickly. "The original Salvatore siblings."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Stefan's room, Stefan and Kaylin were sitting at a table, getting ready for the Founder's Party.

Damon was standing nearby. "1864. You and Katherine were the perfect couple."

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the Grill, Matt and Kaylin were sitting at their table.

Kaylin stood, pulling Matt with her.

"What are we doing?" Matt asked.

"Having fun," Kaylin answered, pulling him toward the pool table. "You're breaking."

Matt smiled a small smile.

Kaylin took two pool sticks, holding one toward Matt.

Matt took it. 

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in the Lockwood Mansion's study, Mayor, Sheriff, Mrs. Lockwood and Logan were having a meeting.

"Did you get the Gilbert watch?" Sheriff asked.

Logan sat down on the other side of the table as her, sighing. "I can get it."

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in Jeremy's room, Logan found the pocket watch, holding it in front of him for him to see.

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the Gilbert House's hallway, Logan walked toward the stairs.

Liv was standing in his way, looking at him in confused suspicion. "What are you doing here?"

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", on the road, Damon compelled Kacie. "Don't say anything to anybody."

Kacie seemed to be in a trance.

Damon leaned closer to bite her neck.

Kacie sensed the danger, turning around, running away down the street.

Damon followed her.

Kacie turned her head back to look toward him to make sure he was a good distance away.

A car drove down the road in front of her, driving in front of her at the intersection.

Kacie noticed them too late, unable to stop. She rolled onto the hood of the car, rolling on her back across the metal, onto the other side of the car. She landed on the pavement on the other side of the car in a crouch, her arms catching herself before she fell.

The car came to a screeching halt.

Kacie was breathless, standing straight, looking across the car toward the direction Damon had been running after her.

Damon had disappeared.

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the cemetery, Damon put a hand over Vicki's mouth, tilting her head to the side, biting her neck, feeding. Vicki screamed and struggled, but the more that Damon fed, the stronger he became. He was able to restrain her. Vicki slowly grew weaker, unable to scream anymore.

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the Grill, Stefan, Elena and the older man were talking.

"I know you," the older man told him.

"I think you have the wrong person," Stefan told him.

"You haven't aged a day," the older man told him.

From 1.04 "Family Ties", outside the Lockwood Mansion, Stefan and Elena were talking by the pond.

"There are things that you don't know," Stefan told her. "Things that I want to tell you, but I can't."

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the parking lot of the school, Alex, Elena and the older man were talking.

"Are you sure that the man you saw, that you knew, his name was Stefan Salvatore?" Elena asked.

"Yes," the man answered. "I remember his ring, and his brother..."

"Damon?" Alex asked, stepping closer.

The man nodded. "Yeah. I heard them talking about their sister, but I never met her for myself. They said that they had gotten into a little bit of a quarrel years ago, and it had driven all of them apart."

"Let me guess," Alex told him. "Kaylin was the sister's name."

"Yes," the man answered. "Stefan, Kaylin and Damon Salvatore."

"When was this?" Elena asked.

"It was early June, 1953," the man answered. He nodded. "Yeah. June, 1953."

Alex and Elena exchanged a look of pure confusion. 

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Caroline started to unlock the door.

Zach and Nicola ran toward Caroline.

"No!" Nicola told her. Caroline unlocked the door. "No!"

"Get her out of here," Zach told her, trying to keep the door closed. Nicola held Caroline's shoulders, pulling her away, looking at her father worriedly. "Run! Run!"

Nicola and Caroline ran away.

Zach tried to force the cell door closed.

Damon forced it open, stepping outside, snapping Zach's neck, letting his body fall to the floor.

Unaware of what just happened, Nicola took Caroline by the hand, running up the stairs, leading the way toward the door. 

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Nicola swung back around toward the house, breathing heavily in relief that she was alive, but worry about her father.

She didn't know what had happened to Zach. 

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Nicola saw Zach's dead body, his eyes still open, looking toward his daughter. She started to breathe heavily, the news setting in, her voice a broken, desperate whisper. "Dad." She started to cry, running toward him, kneeling next to him, holding his body in her arms. She felt the broken bones in his neck, crying, sobbing. "No! No, no, Dad!"

Nicola started to calm down, sniffling, taking a deep, shaky breath. She reached toward his head.

Zach's eyes were glassy, lifeless, lightless, gray.

Nicola slowly closed his eyes. The simple gesture seemed to make it more real to her. She gasped quietly, starting to cry harder, burying her head in his chest. 

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the living room of the Salvatore Boarding House, Kaylin and Stefan stopped when they saw the living room was cluttered with blood bags.

Damon's dead crow was lying on the floor, drained of blood.

Worried, they both listened for anything, anyone else in the house.

They could hear Nicola crying.

"Nikki?" Kaylin called.

"Zach!" Stefan yelled. 'Nikki!"

They both ran toward the basement.

From 1.05 "You're Undead to Me", in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, Nicola heard them coming, looking up at them as they walked closer, still crying, but no longer sobbing. She was still holding Zach's body in her arms. She didn't say a word, not making another noise.

"Oh, God, no, Nikki," Stefan whispered, walking closer, kneeling to the left side of Nicola.

Kaylin knelt to the right side of Nicola.

Nicola closed her eyes, more tears falling. 

-

Same Night 

Day One 

Night - Elena's Car 

Elena sat alone in her car, thinking about everything that she and Alex had learned that day.

Elena: (voice over) "Dear Diary. I am not a believer. People are born. They grown old, and then they die. That's the world we live in. There's no magic, no mysticism, no immortality. There is nothing that defies rational thought. People are supposed to be who they say they are. And not lie or hide their true selves. People aren't supposed to hurt other people. People that they know. People that they care about."

-

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex sat alone in their room writing in her diary, thinking about everything that she and Elena had learned that day. 

Alex: (voice over) "Dear Diary. I am a believer. I have to be. I can't deny what's right in front of me. Someone who never grows old." 

-

Flashback 1.04 "Family Ties"

Night - Lockwood Mansion - Historical Society Heritage Display 

There was a view of the guest registry from 1864.

Stefan Salvatore

Kaylin Salvatore 

Damon Salvatore 

-

Now 

Night- Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex looked into the mirror, running her hands through her hair, looking at her hand. 

Alex: (voice over) "Never gets hurt..." 

-

Flashback - 1.03 "Friday Night Bites"

Night - Mystic Falls High School - Outside - Prep Rally After Tyler and Jeremy's Fight 

Stefan's hand was cut, bleeding. He opened his hand, revealing that it was healed.

-

Now 

Night- Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex looked at a picture of Stefan and Elena on her dresser. 

Alex: (voice over) "Someone who changes in ways that can't be explained..." 

-

Flashback - 1.05 "You're Undead to Me"

Day - Mystic Falls High School - Outside - Sexy Suds Car Wash - Cash Register 

Alex was sitting next to Elena at the cash register. "So you think you saw his face change into something inhuman?" 

-

Flashback - 1.01 "Pilot"

Night- Bridge By Party 

Stefan started to transform.

-

Flashback - 1.05 "You're Undead to Me"

Day - Gilbert House - Kitchen 

Stefan started to transform, turning away.

-

Now 

Night - Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex looked into her reflection in the mirror. 

Alex: (voice over) "Girls bitten...." 

-

Flashback - 1.04 "Family Ties"

Night - Lockwood Mansion - Bathroom 

Eliza pulled up Caroline's scarf to reveal a bite mark on her neck.

-

Flashback 1.01 "Pilot"

Night - Bonfire Party

Jeremy carried Vicki in a cradle out of the woods. Alex and Elena had one of Kacie's arms over each of their shoulders, carrying her out of the woods.

Liv led the way into the party, looking over everyone else. "Somebody help!" 

-

Now 

Night - Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex sighed, sitting on her bed, thinking.

Alex: (voice over) "Bodies drained of blood..." 

The more Alex thought about it, the more convinced she became. She pulled out her phone, calling someone. 

-

On The Road

Elena was in her car, driving at a fast speed. Her phone rang. She noticed that it was Alex calling, but she declined to answer it. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Basement 

Nicola still held her father's body in her arms, completely numb, completely silent, tears staining her cheeks. 

Stefan stood, walking out of the hall angrily. 

Kaylin put a hand on Nicola's shoulder. "Stay here till we get back." Nicola didn't respond. "Nikki?" 

Nicola didn't respond, looking down at her dad's dead body numbly, unblinking, giving the slightest movement in a nod. 

Kaylin stood slowly, looking reluctant to leave, but knowing that she didn't have a choice, she turned after Stefan.

Stefan opened a box, pulling out two stakes, tossing one to Kaylin.

They ran out of the basement. 

Nicola watched them go, holding Zach's body more tightly.

-

Upstairs 

Stefan and Kaylin ran down the hall, into the foyer, to the door.

Kaylin pulled it open.

-

Flashback - 1864

Day - Salvatore Estate - Outside  

Stefan stepped out onto the porch of the mansion, wearing 1864 finery. His suit was beige colored and sophisticated, a black bow tie around his neck, his hair slicked back.

A horse draw carriage arrived to the house. The horse keeper stepped down, placing a foot stool on the ground in front of the door to the carriage, opening it, holding his hand toward one of the ladies inside.

The first lady was dark-skinned, dressed nicely for the time, taking his offered hand, stepping out of the carriage. 

Stefan watched them from his position on the porch.

The first lady turned toward the second lady in the carriage, helping her out. 

The second lady was also in the time's fashion, looking up to Stefan. It was revealed to be the girl from the picture that looked exactly like Elena. She glanced over Stefan's form with appraisal. 

Stefan stepped closer. "You must be Miss Pierce." 

Katherine held out her hand for Stefan to take. "Please." Stefan took her hand. Katherine curtsied slightly. "Call me Katherine." 

Stefan smiled.

Katherine smirked. 

-

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries) 

Now 

Night - Salvatore Boarding House - Outside 

Kaylin pulled the door open. She and Stefan stopped when they saw Elena.

Elena turned toward them quickly, scared and defiant.  "What are you?" Stefan and Kaylin didn't answer. Elena repeated her question forcefully. "What are you?" 

Kaylin looked at Stefan.

Stefan looked at Elena regretfully. "You know." 

"No, I don't," Elena told them. 

"Yes, you do, or you wouldn't be here," Kaylin told her in annoyance.

Elena shook her head. "It's not possible. It can't be."

Kaylin put down the stake in her hand, stepping forward.

Elena stepped back.

Kaylin spoke carefully. "Everything you know... and every belief that you have is about to change. Are you ready for that?" 

Elena swallowed her fear. "What are you?" 

Kaylin slowly looked at Stefan. 

Stefan looked at Elena blankly, waiting for her reaction.

Kaylin looked at Elena. "We're vampires." 

Elena showed her fear. "I shouldn't have come." 

Elena started to back away.

Stefan stepped forward. "No, please." 

"No," Elena told them, still backing away. 

Elena ran around Stefan, toward her car.

Stefan appeared in front of her.

Elena froze in shock, looking toward Kaylin. She looked at Stefan. "How did you do that?" 

"Please don't be afraid of me," Stefan told her.

Elena tried to step around him. 

Stefan stepped in her way.

"Let me go," Elena told him.

"There's things you have to know and understand," Stefan told her, gently holding her arms.

"Let me go!" Elena told him.

Stefan let her go. "Elena, please." 

Elena ran toward her car, getting inside, driving away.

Kaylin stepped onto the porch. "Nicely done, Stefan." She walked out to the sidewalk. "Go after her." Stefan didn't react. "Now." 

Stefan rushed away. 

Kaylin sighed, hesitating. She turned around, walking inside. 

-

Gilbert House - Outside 

Elena got out of her car, running toward the front door, unlocking it.

-

Foyer

Alex was inside, walking down stairs. "Elena, where the hell have you been?" 

Elena took several deep breaths, trying to calm down, closing the door behind her. "You were right." Alex stepped closer to her in confusion. Elena took a deep breath. "You were right about everything. Stefan, Kaylin, Damon..." 

"What?" Alex asked. "All of them? What about Zach, or--or Nicola?" 

"I don't know," Elena told her. "All I know is that it's the siblings, and I--I don't know. But you were right, I--I should've listened to you." She repeated her words in a whisper. "I should've listened to you." Alex realized how overwhelmed her sister really was, wrapping her arms around her worriedly, reassuringly. "I'm scared, Alex." 

"Shh," Alex told her, putting a hand on the back of Elena's head. She looked behind her in worry. "Elena..." 

Elena and Alex pulled apart, turning to face the door. 

The door was wide open, Stefan standing there, closing the door behind him. He looked between them. "So this is the hand that's been helping you find out what I was hiding from you. Guess I should've seen that one coming." 

"Why are you here, Stefan?" Alex asked cautiously.

"I'm not here to hurt either of you," Stefan told them. "I would never hurt you. You're safe with me." 

"All those animal attacks, those people who died..." Elena trailed off. 

Stefan shook his head. "No. That was Damon." 

"Damon?" Alex repeated.

"Yes," Stefan answered. "I don't drink human blood. Kaylin doesn't drink from the living, and she doesn't kill anyone to feed. That's not how we choose to survive, but Damon does. I'll explain everything to you, but I beg you, do not tell anybody else." 

"How can you ask us that?" Alex asked incredulously.

"Because you knowing this is dangerous for so many reasons," Stefan answered. "You can hate me, but I need you to trust me." 

"Just go," Elena told him. "Just go, please. Go. If you mean no harm, then you'll go." 

Stefan shook his head in sad regret. "I never wanted this." 

Stefan disappeared. 

Alex sighed in relief, walking toward the door, locking the chain lock, the dead bolt, and the doorknob. She turned to face Elena.

Elena started to cry.

Alex walked toward her instantly, wrapping her arms around her, letting her cry. 

-

Mystic Falls Old Cemetery 

Damon fed from Jared's body hungrily, letting his dead body fall, sighing. He took his wrist, using his sleeve to wipe the blood away. "Mm." 

Damon stood, grabbing his legs, dragging him toward the fire, letting the body burn. He grabbed a bottle of tequila, looking around, approaching Tony's dead body, searching through his pockets. Finding nothing, he doused the body with tequila. He approached the girl's dead body, searching her pockets, finding a cell phone, taking it out, dialing a number, dousing the body with tequila. 

Kaylin's voice was on the other line. "Hello?" 

"I want my ring," Damon told her.

Kaylin was in the basement of the Salvatore Boarding House, walking toward the cell. She stopped when she heard her brother's voice, stepping to the side so Nicola wouldn't hear her. "Where are you?" 

"I'm at the Sizzler," Damon told her, putting a tree branch into the flames, walking toward the separate bodies. "I had the buffet. Where's my ring?" 

"I don't have it," Kaylin told him. "Where are you? What have you done?"

Damon set fire to one of the bodies. "No. What have you done? You, Nicola and Stefan are the ones that locked me in the basement and starved me, so whatever I've done..." He set fire to another body. "Whoever I've sucked dry, is on you, Kaylin." 

Kaylin sighed, her voice sing-song-like. "You're being careless. How many animal attacks is this town gonna believe, huh?" 

"I know how to cover my tracks, Kaylin," Damon told her in annoyance. "Where's my ring?"

Kaylin sounded completely serious for the first time since she answered the call. "I gave it Zach to hide." Damon looked like he knew he made a mistake. Kaylin looked down the hall toward Nicola and Zach. "You know, Nikki's dad, our nephew three-times removed, and our niece you just orphaned." Damon's expression remained blank at Kaylin's attempt to make him feel guilt. "Probably shouldn't have killed him." 

There was a moment of silence.

Damon narrowed his gaze, smirking, realizing that his sister was lying, tilting his head. "Ah, you almost got me." He returned serious. "Where is it?" 

Kaylin sighed. "I'll get it back, but I need time." 

"What, did you FedEx it to Rome?" Damon demanded. Kaylin rolled her eyes. "Where is it? I want my ring, Kaylin, or my next stop is Elena's. I'll kill every last person in that house, not just her and Alex. Would Stefan be motivated by the deaths of Aunt Jenna, brother Jeremy and sister Liv? Or what's the quarterback's name again? Matt?" Kaylin slowly grew angry. "Or I could just go home and kill Nikki, lay her down next to her dead father."

Kaylin looked down the hall toward Nicola and Zach, speaking to Damon angrily. "We already want you dead. Don't give us another reason to make it happen." 

"Don't give me another reason to rip you all apart," Damon replied.

"Yeah?" Kaylin asked. "Is that before or after you get your ring back?" 

Damon was brought up short, knowing that his little sister had him. "Just get it." 

Damon hung up.

Kaylin hung up after a second, looking at her phone, debating. 

In the cemetery, Damon noticed that he hadn't burned Vicki's body, grabbing the bottle of tequila, walking toward her, dousing her with the alcohol.

Vicki wasn't dead. She was unconscious and severely weak, coughing. 

Damon threw the bottle aside, kneeling next to Vicki in approval and amusement. "You just don't wanna die, do you?" 

Vicki was too weak to answer, too weak to open her eyes, turning her head away.

Damon tilted his head curiously.

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Basement 

Kaylin was on the phone. 

Stefan's voice was on the other line. "Hello?" 

"Stay at Elena's," Kaylin told him. "Damon wants his ring, and the alternative is either killing her and her entire family, Nicola, or..." 

Kaylin didn't finish.

Stefan turned to face the house that he still hadn't left. "Thanks for the warning." 

Kaylin hung up, looking toward Nicola and Zach.

(Song:) Slipped Away - Avril Lavigne 

Nicola was still holding her father.

Kaylin slowly walked toward her. "Nikki..." 

Nicola's voice was barely above a whisper. "Why are you here? I thought you left." 

"Stefan did," Kaylin told her softly. Nicola didn't move. Kaylin knelt on the other side of Zach's body, facing Nicola. "Nikki..." 

Kaylin gently started to take Zach's body from her grasp. 

Nicola gripped more tightly instantly, as if she did it by instinct. "Don't." 

"Nikki," Kaylin whispered sadly. 

"No," Nicola told her. 

Kaylin kept her voice a whisper, worried about Nicola. "Nikki. He wants to kill everyone Stefan and I care about, and everyone they care about if we don't do what he says." Nicola barely moved her head in a nod in understanding, unblinking. "Let's go, okay?" Nicola didn't answer, looking down at her father in her arms. "Nikki?" 

"Yeah," Nicola whispered.

Kaylin slowly tried to take Zach away from her grasp.

Nicola's fingers gripped tighter instantly.

"It's okay," Kaylin told her softly.

Nicola took a slow, quiet, deep breath. Her fingers slowly loosened their hold on the man that raised her, loved her, and had been the only one there for her in eleven years, since her mother had died.

Kaylin laid Zach's body on the floor gently.

Nicola started to breathe slightly heavily, trying to fight to keep her emotions back from the surface, starting to cry again. She closed her eyes, sobbing. 

Kaylin looked at her in guilt and grief, taking Nicola's arm, pulling her closer, wrapping her arms around her sadly, comfortingly, sympathetically and reassuringly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Nicola leaned her head against Kaylin's shoulder, crying, slowly wrapping her arms around her. Kaylin put a hand on the back of her head comfortingly. "I'm sorry." 

Kaylin closed her eyes in guilt, taking a deep breath, still holding Nicola, rushing away, making them disappear, no longer in the basement with Zach's body. 

(Song Ends) 

-~-

Day Two

Morning - Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Elena sat on her bed, having her diary open and a pen in her hand, trying to think of what to write. She couldn't, looking away toward the window.

Alex was sitting on the window seat, her legs in front of her, using them as a flat surface to place her diary on, writing.

Elena shook her head hopelessly. "How can you even think of what to write right now?" 

Alex stood, walking toward her bed. "Because I'm not in denial." She tossed her diary onto her bed, running her hand through her hair, turning to face Elena. "I'm just freaking out." Elena nodded in acknowledgement. Alex looked at her in sympathy. "How are you doing?" 

"Terrible," Elena answered. "I'm freaking out, I'm in denial, I have no idea what's going on, and I have no idea what to do about it..." 

Alex seemed to get an idea. "Then we should probably get an idea, straight from the source." 

Elena looked at her in confusion. 

Alex nodded.

-

The Grill - Outside

(Song:) Stood Up - A Fine Frenzy 

Alex, Elena and Stefan were sitting together at a table. 

"You said you would explain everything," Alex told him. "That's why I asked you to meet us here." Stefan nodded, waiting for her to go on. "When you Google 'vampire', you get a world of fiction. What's reality?" 

"I can tell you whatever you wanna know," Stefan told them.

"I know you eat garlic," Elena told him. 

"Yes," Stefan agreed.

"And, somehow, sunlight's not an issue?" Alex asked.

Stefan held up a finger to his lips, signaling them to be quiet. 

The waitress across the table from Stefan sat down their orders. "Hi. Here are your drinks."

Elena took her drink. "Thank you." 

Alex took her drink.

Stefan took his drink, holding up his hand to show them his ring just like Damon's. "Damon and I have rings that protect us. Kaylin has a necklace. If there's anything that I can tell you about by sister, she is different and expressive with everything about her." 

"Crucifixes?" Elena asked. 

"Decorative," Stefan answered.

"Holy water?" Alex asked.

"Drinkable," Stefan answered.

"Mirrors?" Alex asked.

"Myth," Stefan answered.

"You said neither you or Kaylin kill to survive," Elena told him.

"Animal blood keeps me alive," Stefan explained. "Kaylin takes blood bags from blood banks. She's calls it a necessary evil if she doesn't want to kill people. But neither of us are as strong as Damon. He can be very powerful." 

"And yet you let him get involved with Caroline?" Elena asked accusingly.

"Forcing him not to do something is much more dangerous," Stefan told them. "Believe me."

"He was hurting her!" Elena told him.

"He was feeding on her," Stefan corrected. "He was able to take away her memories of being bitten using a form of mind compulsion. She never knew what was happening to her."

"Wait..." Alex trailed off. "Vicki, Kacie, the scarves that Eliza wore around the same time that Caroline did...." Stefan nodded in answer to the question she hadn't asked yet. "Damon hurt them, too?" 

"Yes," Stefan answered. "But if he wanted to kill any of them, he would have."

"Is that supposed to make it okay?" Alex demanded.

"No, no, none of his is okay, Alex," Stefan told her. "We know that." 

Stefan sat back in his chair.

"Are there any others aside from you, Kaylin and Damon?" Elena asked.

Stefan shook his head. "Not in Mystic Falls, not anymore." 

"'Not anymore'?" Elena repeated.

"There was a time when this town was very much aware of vampires, and it didn't end well for anybody," Stefan told them. "That's why it's important that neither of you tell anyone." 

Alex shook her head. "I can't promise that." 

"Give me today," Stefan told them. "I will answer any questions that you have, and when it's over, you can decide for yourselves what you wanna do with what you know. It'll be your choice." 

Alex and Elena exchanged a look.

-

On the Road - Kaylin's Car 

Nicola was slowly waking up in the passenger seat, looking around in confusion, noticing that Kaylin was in the driver's seat, looking toward a house on the other side of the street. "Why are we..." Kaylin looked toward her. Nicola realized why they were where they were. "Matt's one of the ones that Damon threatened, isn't he?" 

Kaylin slowly nodded. "Yeah." She looked at the house. "But it's daylight, and he had to have had gone back to the house before he burned to death." She looked at Nicola. "I'll be back. I just wanna talk to him, say bye." 

Kaylin started to get out of the car.

Nicola grabbed her arm to stop her. "Whoa, wait. What? Say bye? Why? Where are you going?" 

"When I get back, you and I are gonna go for a ride, okay?" Kaylin asked, getting out of the car, walking toward Matt's house. 

Nicola watched her go in confusion. Once she was sure that she was gone, she opened the passenger door, getting out of the car. 

(Song Ends) 

-

Lockwood Mansion - Kacie's Room 

Tyler and Kacie were talking. 

Tyler leaned against the doorway smugly, but what Kacie didn't see was that he was worried about her. "You really know how to get someone's attention, Kace."

Kacie looked at him in annoyance.

Tyler pretended as if he wasn't worried. 

Kacie glared at him. "Nobody was supposed to find out." 

"And yet, we did," Tyler told her. 

"Don't you have something better to do?" Kacie asked impatiently.

Tyler ignored her. "You know, you nearly got into a fight yesterday with Tiki, and then a stalker tries to attack you, you flip over a car, and the guy just vanishes, and then you come out of both without a scratch. Now..." He leaned against the doorway, crossing his arms over his chest. "How did that happen?" 

-

Flashback - 1.05 "You're Undead to Me"

Night - Unknown Road   

Damon looked up weakly. "Kacie." Kacie looked at him unblinkingly, tensing reflexively, as if she was having the series of flashbacks again. "I need... help." 

"I don't want to help you," Kacie told him. "I don't trust you." 

"And that..." Damon trailed off, stepped closer to her. "Is very smart of you." He compelled her. "Don't say anything to anybody." 

Kacie seemed to be in a trance. She sensed the danger, turning around, running away down the street. 

Damon followed her.

Kacie turned her head back to look toward him to make sure he was a good distance away.

A car drove down the road in front of her, driving in front of her at the intersection.

Kacie noticed them too late, unable to stop. She rolled onto the hood of the car, rolling on her back across the metal, onto the other side of the car. She landed on the pavement on the other side of the car in a crouch, her arms catching herself before she fell.

-

Now 

Day - Lockwood Mansion - Kacie's Room 

Kacie shrugged out of the memories, glaring at Tyler, walking closer to him. "And you're one to talk about getting into fights? Not even five days ago, you pummeled Jeremy Gilbert, tried to take on Stefan Salvatore. So, why don't you get off my back about it, and disappear?" 

Tyler chuckled once. His smile faded, as did his laughter, turning serious, showing his sister just how worried that he really was. "You need to tell us who did it, Kace." 

"I don't remember who did it," Kacie told him. "It was dark, and it was too hard to see, and I think I might have hit my head flipping over the car." 

"Then you need to testify," Tyler told her. "They can help us figure it out who it is." 

"I can't testify, Ty," Kacie told him.

"And why the hell not?" Tyler asked.

Kacie was confused due to Damon's compulsion, shaking her head. "I don't know. I just know that I--I just can't, okay? Just go. I don't want to talk about it." 

Tyler looked at her in concern, slowly nodding, pushing away from the doorway, turning around, walking out of the room. 

Kacie looked after him in confusion. 

-

Mystic Falls Old Cemetery 

Sheriff and Logan were looking over the bodies that Damon had left in the cemetery.

Logan covered his nose and mouth with disgust. "Never smelled one this bad before." 

"It tried to cover its tracks," Sheriff told him. 

Logan stood. "Are you sure?" 

Sheriff stood. "I'm positive. You only burn a corpse to try to hide cause of death, and there are no shell casings." 

"We know who they are?" Logan asked. 

"Doc will have to check their dental records," Sheriff told him. 

"What story should I run?" Logan asked. 

Sheriff turned to face him, sighing. "Drug deal gone bad." Logan gave her a look. "It's not too big a stretch." 

Logan nodded. "I got the Gilbert watch." 

"Good," Sheriff told him. 

A Deputy stood next to them. "Found this in the brush about 10 yards away." 

Sheriff took the hand bag away from him, opening it, pulling out Vicki's ID. "Vicki Donovan." 

"You know her?" Logan asked.

"I went to high school with her mother, Kelly, and her aunt, Amelia, before Amelia and her two boys died," Sheriff explained. 

Logan gestured around the bodies. "Think she's one of these?" 

"I hope not," Sheriff told them. 

The Deputy and Logan nodded. 

Sheriff looked worried.

-

Flashback - 1864

Day - Salvatore Estate - Foyer 

Kaylin was pacing impatiently inside, her hands clasped behind her back. She was wearing the time's fashion, her blonde hair in ringlets, two pieces pulled back behind her head with a clasp. She was different then, more kind than she was now, more gentle.

Katherine stood with her, laughing lightly at her behavior. "How long has it been since you last seen your older brother?" 

"Too long," Kaylin answered, turning to face her, stepping closer. "He should be home by now." 

Kaylin turned away, returning to pacing. 

Stefan stepped closer. "Kaylin." He looked at his sister with regret. "He's had to have his leave delayed." 

Kaylin's expression fell in sadness, disappointed, pacing toward the door. "But he's supposed to come home." 

Kaylin turned to face Stefan.

Stefan looked behind Kaylin to the open front door. "I'm sorry." 

Damon approached Kaylin from behind, wearing his Confederacy uniform. He seemed different than he did now. He was a gentlemen, kind and loving. "Oh, don't ever be sorry if you've never done a less than desirable thing, brother." 

Kaylin smiled a surprised smile, turning to face Damon.

Damon smiled, wrapping his arms around his younger sister tightly.

Kaylin held him tightly in relief, laughing quietly. She pulled away, giving Stefan and Damon a look. "It's not nice to play with a sister's emotions." 

Stefan smiled, wrapping an arm around Damon and Kaylin.

The three siblings embraced tightly. 

-

Now

Day  - On the Road - Kaylin's Car

(Song:) Weight of the World - Editors  

Kaylin was driving her and Nicola down the road, listening to the song on the radio, barely moving her head to the beat. Her phone rang. She took it out to see that Damon was calling. She sighed, answering moodily. "What do you want?" 

Damon walked through the living room, of the Salvatore Boarding House, on his phone. "What do I want? You know what the hell I want. Where are you, Kaylin? I'm trapped, at the house, and I'm getting really bored." He stepped carefully around a ray of sunlight on the carpet. "And really impatient. And I don't do bored and impatient. Just like you, except when I'm bored and impatient, I kill people."

"Aw, you poor baby," Kaylin told him sarcastically.

Damon stopped at the drink table, pouring him a glass of bourbon. "Yeah, you're gonna think that if you don't bring me my ring. Before Nikki decides to come home and I rip her apart, limb by limb until I'm not bored and impatient anymore. You know, it would be kind of cathartic. I mean, Nicola was the one that got it into your and Stefan's head to lock me in the cellar and leave me to rot, and she's also the one that got in into your heads to kill me." 

"You killed her father," Kaylin told him incredulously. 

Nicola looked out of the window sadly, watching the passing sky and clouds. 

"I don't care," Damon told her. "If you don't give me my ring, then I will wait here until Nicola comes home, lock her in the cell and leave her to rot until the vervain passes out of her system, and then I will feed on her until she dies. Or I could just turn Nikki into her own worst nightmare. A vampire." 

"That's kinda hard to do when she's with me, you dick," Kaylin told him. She looked at Nicola, knowing she wasn't going to like the reaction that she was about to get, and knowing that Nicola wouldn't like what she had to say. She sighed, looking out of the wind shield. "And I'm getting her out of town so you can't do any of the above." Nicola looked at her in shocked confusion. "And Stefan's getting your daylight ring." 

"What?" Nicola demanded. "No!" 

"Yes!" Damon cheered, hanging up.

Kaylin hung up, putting her phone on the dashboard. "Go ahead. Say it." 

"Are you out of your freaking mind?" Nicola demanded. "He doesn't deserve--" 

"Nikki," Kaylin told her. "This isn't about what he deserves. This is about protecting Elena, Alex, Jeremy, Liv, Jenna, Matt... You." She looked at Nicola. "Just trust me." 

Nicola exhaled in defeat, sitting back against her seat, looking out of the wind shield. "Where are you taking me?" 

"Somewhere far away from here," Kaylin answered.

"No," Nicola told her.

Kaylin hesitated in confusion. "Come again?" 

"No," Nicola repeated. "I'm not gonna run and hide because you all think I'm afraid of him when I'm not. I hate him. You just said it, Kaylin, he killed my dad. I'm not leaving until he's dead, or he leaves the home that I've been born and raised in my entire life." 

"That pride's gonna get you killed," Kaylin told her.

Nicola scoffed, shaking her head. "I don't have anything else to live for. Turn around." 

"No," Kaylin told her.

"Kaylin, turn around," Nicola told her, growing angry.

Kaylin remained calm. "No." 

"Now!" Nicola told her angrily. She sighed, taking a deep breath to calm down. "You might want to." 

"Why?" Kaylin asked.

"Are you really gonna leave Matt unprotected when he's threatened by Damon?" Nicola asked. "What about Caroline, Eliza, Bonnie, Tyler? Or the two he attacked, Vicki and Kacie? Turn around." 

"I'm not turning around," Kaylin told her. The engine light started to flash. Kaylin looked at it in confusion. "What the hell?" 

Nicola smirked. "Yeah, you might wanna stop and turn back to fix it. Because I still have the piece that I took out of the engine in my bag. I took it out when you were saying your cryptic as hell goodbye to Matt, because I knew that you were gonna try to get me the hell out of town so I didn't try to go after Damon myself and try to kill him, where he just might turn around and kill me. And I know how to put back in, but I'm not gonna until you turn around and take me back to Mystic Falls. So, unless you wanna be stranded on the road all night, and have me destroy your awesome car once and for all, I suggest you take us back home."

Kaylin looked at her incredulously.

Nicola raised her eyebrows smugly. 

Kaylin exhaled, looking over Nicola with approval and slight surprise. "Stubborn, relentless, smart, extreme, dark, sarcastic, cunning, a pride that is bigger than your mind, and one hell of a fighter? You really are a Salvatore." 

"I only learn from the best," Nicola replied. 

Kaylin smirked, sighing, shaking her head. 

Without even slowing down, Kaylin made a U-turn right back toward Mystic Falls.

(Song Ends) 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Damon walked around the drink table. "Damn it." He looked toward where Vicki laid on the couch, a cloth over her bleeding neck. "Aw, don't get blood on the couch." He walked toward her. "Please." He sat on the table next to he, pulling the cloth away to reveal her bleeding vampire bite. "I got you good, didn't I?" Vicki was too weak to respond. "Well, you're not gonna be any fun today." Damon drank his drink, sighing, standing, walking around the couch to stand behind Vicki's head. "I'm so gonna regret this." He bit his wrist, holding it to Vicki's lips, making her drink. "Okay." Vicki gasped in confusion, trying to turn her head away. "Drink up." Vicki relaxed, drinking. "Drink it up. Don't drip." Vicki took hold of his arm, drinking. "There you go. Good girl. That's it." 

Damon looked up in boredom.

-

Woods 

Elena pulled her car toward an unknown destination.

"Stop here," Stefan told her.

Stefan, Elena and Alex got out of the car, looking around the shambles of an old home, the overgrowth of the evergreen forests covering most of it, except for the big artifacts, including statue pillars. 

"What are we doing here?" Alex asked.

"I wanna show you something," Stefan told them.

"In the middle of nowhere?" Alex asked.

"This didn't use to be nowhere," Stefan told them. "Used to be our home." 

Alex's curiosity peaked, closing the car door, walking toward Stefan.

Elena hesitated, following. "It looks so..." 

"Old?" Stefan finished. "It's because they are." 

"Wait," Alex told her. "How long have you...?" 

"I've been 17 years old... since 1864," Stefan answered.

Elena hesitated, overwhelmed. "Oh, my God." 

"You said you wanted to know," Stefan told them. "I'm not gonna hold anything back." Elena looked away. Alex waited for Stefan to go on. "Half-century before the boarding house was even built, this was our family's home. Damon, Kaylin and I, we were all born here." Alex walked closer. "The Salvatore siblings, best of friends." 

-

Flashback - 1864

Day - Salvatore Estate - Outside 

Stefan and Damon ran out of the house together. Damon held a football in his hands.

"Wait," Stefan told him. "Where did you learn this game?" 

"Camp outside Atlanta," Damon answered, running opposite of Stefan. "One officer picked it up at Harvard. Catch." 

Damon threw the ball toward Stefan.

Stefan caught the ball.

Kaylin walked down the stairs, smiling expectantly.

"Now, now, sister," Stefan told her, chuckling. "I know you like games, but..." 

"You won't hurt me," Kaylin told them.

"No?" Damon asked.

Kaylin smiled, giggling, shaking her head. "No." 

"Okay," Damon told her, running toward Stefan.

"Wait, wait," Stefan told him. "What are the rules?" He sidestepped Damon, laughing. "What are the rules?" 

Katherine walked onto the porch, standing beside Kaylin. "Who needs rules?" Stefan and Damon turned to face them. "Mind if we join you?" 

"Well, you could, uh..." Stefan trailed off, walking closer. "You could get hurt. My brother likes to play rough." 

Katherine laughed. "Somehow, I think you play rougher." She took the ball from Stefan's hands, looking at Kaylin. "Help me, Kaylin." 

Kaylin laughed, running after her. The girls ran away, leveling the game. 

Damon and Stefan watched them. 

"Why are you just standing there?" Damon asked. He pointed at Katherine. "That is a girl who clearly wants to be chased. And if she has somehow managed to weasel her way into Kaylin's good graces within a week of living with this family, then she may as well be the one. If not for you, then for me." 

Damon ran after the girls. 

Stefan followed. 

-

Now 

Day - Woods 

Elena was in shock. "You knew Katherine in 1864? Damon made it seem like--"

"Damon was trying to make you think that I was still heartbroken," Stefan told her, turning to face them. "He saw that I was happy with you, and he wanted to ruin it." 

"All because you loved the same woman one hundred..." Alex trailed off, tilting her head, doing the math in her head. "...forty five years ago?" 

Stefan stepped closer. "She wasn't just any girl." 

-

Flashback - 1864

Day - Salvatore Estate - Outside

Katherine and Kaylin were running through the maze of plants in the backyard, laughing, giggling. 

Stefan ran after Kaylin, nearly touching her shoulder. Kaylin laughed, running faster. 

Katherine paused on the other side of the maze, waiting for Stefan to run after her, laughing, running away.

Kaylin ran out of the exit of the maze.

Stefan noticed, running toward her.

Kaylin ran out of the maze before her brother got to her, running to the statue, gripping tightly. "Ha! I win." She slowly let go of the statue. Katherine and Stefan approached her. "What's my prize?" 

"What would you like it to be, baby sister?" Damon's voice asked.

Kaylin, Katherine and Stefan looked toward him.

Damon was in his Confederacy uniform, sitting on his suitcases. 

"They extended your leave?" Kaylin asked hopefully. 

"I was simply having too much fun to return to battle," Damon told them, standing, smiling.

Kaylin smiled, running into his arms.

Stefan walked closer. "Your commitment to the Confederacy is inspiring." 

Stefan wrapped his arms around them. The three siblings embraced for a long moment.

"Well, this works out wonderfully for me," Katherine told them.

Stefan and Damon stepped to the side to face her, standing on either side of their sister. Kaylin had an arm around each of them. Stefan and Damon both had an arm around Kaylin's shoulders, holding the other's arms.

"How is that, Miss Katherine?" Damon asked.

Katherine shrugged. "Now I'll have all of you to keep me entertained. First and foremost, I'll need someone to escort me to the Founder's Ball. If you'll allow me, Kaylin, I would be very happy to find someone perfect for you. I have just the right boy in mind. Cristian Hunter." 

Kaylin smiled. "If you insist." 

Katherine smiled. "Wonderful." She looked from Stefan to Damon. "Now, what about me?" 

Katherine clasped her hands behind her back, turning away.

Stefan and Damon let go of Kaylin.

Damon removed his hat, bowing forward. "With pleasure." 

Stefan spoke at the same time. "I would be honored." 

Stefan and Damon exchanged a look.

Kaylin looked only slightly unhappy.

Katherine smiled, turning to them. 

Damon replaced his hat, standing straight.

"The smart and kind Salvatore brothers both coming to my rescue?" Katherine asked, starting to walk around them. "How will I ever choose?" 

Katherine walked away.

Kaylin didn't seem to like that Katherine was already coming in between Stefan and Damon. 

-

Now 

Day - On the Road - Kaylin's Car 

Kaylin was telling the same story that Stefan was telling Alex and Elena to Nicola as she continued to drive back toward Mystic Falls. "And that should've been my first freaking clue that she would ruin our lives." 

"Look, I really don't care about Katherine," Nicola told her, unashamed. "What I care about? Damon. I want him dead." 

"Am I really gonna hear that until I help Stefan kill Damon?" Kaylin complained. 

Nicola looked at Kaylin, nodding. "Yes." 

Kaylin sighed. 

-

Woods 

Stefan looked at Alex and Elena. "She chose me. I escorted her to the ball at the original Lockwood mansion." 

Alex turned to face him in realization. "The first Founder's Party." Stefan nodded. "Where you signed the registry." 

Stefan nodded. "I didn't care that I had gotten something that my brother wanted. I didn't even care if it hurt him. I only knew that I wanted her." 

"So he was upset," Elena told them, sitting down on the stone bench behind her.

"That's the thing about Damon," Stefan told them. "He doesn't get mad. He just gets even." 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Hallway

(Song:) Fader - The Temper Trap 

Damon leaned against the wall behind him.

Vicki walked down the stairs, completely healed and fine, running a towel through her wet hair, in nothing but a tank top and her underwear. "Oh, man. That show was so great." She looked into the mirror at the bottom of the stair case, noticing that she was healed. She turned to Damon. "What did you give me?" 

"Some blood," Damon answered. "You loved it." 

Vicki stepped closer. "I did?" Damon nodded. "Wait. I'm confused. How did we get here?" 

Vicki stood in front of him, leaning against the wall behind her.

Damon compelled her. "We met in the woods. You were drunk. I attacked you. Then I killed all of your friends and brought you here, gave you some blood. You loved it. And now we're gonna party till the sun goes down." 

Vicki was brought out of her trance. "Okay. Um, but first, can I have another hit?" Damon smirked. Vicki smiled, tilting her head, closing her eyes. "That blood was so good." 

"Only if I can," Damon told her. 

Vicki smiled, immediately holding her wrist toward Damon. 

Damon bit into his own wrist, holding it toward Vicki. He bit into Vicki's extended wrist, making her gasp slightly in pain, drinking. 

Vicki took Damon's wrist, drinking. 

Vicki and Damon continued to drink each other's blood.

-

Woods 

Stefan looked at Elena and Alex. "What Damon wants, Damon usually gets. Now, I didn't know it at the time, but turns out that night..." He stepped toward them. "Katherine was with him, too." 

"So, he stole her from you, not the other way around?" Elena asked.

Stefan smirked bitterly. "Turns out, she wasn't ours to steal."

-

Flashback - 1864

 Night - Salvatore Estate - Katherine's Guest Room

Katherine and Stefan were in bed. Stefan laid over her, kissing her. Katherine deepened the kiss, rolling Stefan onto the bed, sitting on his lap, pulling up closer, kissing him. Stefan kissed her neck. Katherine looked up at the ceiling. 

Stefan placed a hand on her cheek. "I will love you forever." 

Stefan kissed her cheek, trailing down her neck.

"Forever is a very long time, you know," Katherine told him. 

"Not long enough," Stefan told her, kissing her. 

Stefan kissed either side of her neck.

Katherine transformed, revealing that she was a vampire. 

Stefan looked at her in fear. 

Katherine tilted his head to the side, biting his neck, feeding.

-~-

Next Morning - Salvatore Estate - Katherine's Guest Room 

Katherine stood in front of her mirror, holding herself against it while her hand maid fastened her dress from behind. 

Stefan laid in bed, slowly waking, rolling over. There was a stain of blood on the white pillow case, making him remember what had happened the night before, sitting up, putting a hand to his wounded neck. 

Katherine saw him through the reflection of the mirror, smiling. "Good morning." Stefan put his hand over the vampire bite on his neck. Katherine looked at her hand maid. "Leave the room, please." The hand maid exited the room. Katherine turned her head toward Stefan. "You're upset." 

Stefan looked at her in fear and alarm.

Katherine approached him.

"Your face, it was like a demon," Stefan told her. 

"But you're not afraid," Katherine told him. 

"Get away from me," Stefan told her, sliding away. "Get away." 

"It doesn't change the way you feel about me," Katherine told him. She compelled him. "You will not tell anyone." 

"I--" Stefan started.

Katherine put a finger to his lips to silence him. "We will go on exactly as we have." 

"Yes," Stefan agreed. "We will go on." 

Katherine smiled, chuckling, shaking her head. "You have no idea of the future I have planned for us, Stefan. You, me, Damon and Kaylin." Stefan looked at her in confusion. "No rules." 

-

Now 

Day - Woods 

Stefan stepped closer to Alex and Elena. "She could control my mind. And Damon's, and Kaylin's. Compulsion was why they were friends at all. She hadn't told Kaylin about what she was, but she compelled my brother and I to keep the secret from the other. She wanted all of us to be together, forever. Kaylin as a best friend, and she knew that we would need our sister in the end." Elena stood from the bench, overwhelmed. Alex leaned against one of the trees, curious. Stefan stood next to a fallen-over pillar. "Didn't work out that way, but..." He leaned down, picking up a fabric folded. "Damon, Kaylin and I, looks like we're stuck with each other." He unfolded the cloth, pulling out Damon's ring. "Like it or not." 

"Is that Damon's ring?" Alex asked.

Stefan looked up, nodding. "Kaylin took it from him, and she gave it to me to hide. I have to give it back."

"No," Elena told him, walking closer. "Don't, Stefan. Keep it hidden."

"Elena, if I don't give it to him, he'll retaliate in the only way that he knows he can hurt either of us," Stefan told her.

"And how is that?" Alex asked.

"By hurting either of you, or your family," Stefan answered. "And Nikki." 

"Nikki?" Alex repeated. "Wait, Nicola, is she..." 

Stefan shook his head. "No. Nicola's human. Nikki is... a human that was made an orphan last night." 

Alex and Elena let the news set in, realizing what it meant.

"Oh, my God," Alex told them.

Stefan nodded. "Kaylin and I will do anything it takes to protect Nikki. We won't let our brother hurt her, or any of you." 

Alex and Elena looked reassured by this. 

-

Lockwood Mansion - Study 

Mayor Lockwood was kneeling on the floor, taking out a compartment. "Someone is gonna pay for attacking Kacie." 

"We're working on it, Mayor Lockwood," Sheriff told him. 

Mrs. Lockwood looked at her angrily. "This... creature, whatever, or whoever it is, attacked my daughter. Kacie. Again. She says that she doesn't remember anything. They must have made her forget. She's confused, and she's angry, and she's scared. Someone is going to pay for hurting my daughter." 

Mayor Lockwood looked at Sheriff. "Doc ID the bodies?" 

"A few townies," Sheriff answered. "Notorious druggies." 

Mayor Lockwood opened the safe in the floor. "I suppose that'll make it easy for people to buy the story."

"And Vicki Donovan?" Mrs. Lockwood asked. 

"She's not one of the deceased," Sheriff answered.

"Where the hell is she?" Mrs. Lockwood asked

"I wish I knew," Sheriff told them.

Logan walked in. "Sorry I'm late." 

Mayor Lockwood pulled a box out of the safe, looking at Logan. "You have the watch?" 

Logan nodded, taking the Gilbert watch out of his pocket, opening it, handing it to Mayor Lockwood.

Mayor Lockwood removed the glass, taking out the timer inside the gold case. He picked up the box, opening it to reveal another pointer, taking it out, placing it into the watch. He stood, holding the watch toward Logan. "It's ready." 

Logan took it. "That's it?" 

"Yes," Mayor Lockwood answered. "That's it." 

(Song:) Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode Cover) – Anberlin 

Logan took the watch from Mayor Lockwood, looking from him to Mrs. Lockwood to Sheriff Forbes.

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Vicki was dancing lively, twirling, rocking out to the music. 

Damon's button up shirt was open. He drank from a bottle of bourbon. 

"I am so over Tyler, so over him," Vicki told him, skipping toward the window, standing in the sunlight, twirling around. "I knew from the beginning that I was only a piece of ass to him, that he was using me as an excuse not to go after Alex, but I thought maybe if he got to know me better, he might see something more." She skipped away from the window. "But now. Now, Jeremy, on the other hand, that's all he's ever seen in me, is something more." She laid on the floor, rolling around in the sunlight, smiling. "And I like that."

"Jeremy, huh?" Damon asked. "Alex's brother?" 

"Yeah," Vicki answered, standing up. "Yeah." She skipped toward Damon. "So, Alex is an oblivious, depressed and edgy bitch. She was taking Tyler away from me without even knowing that she was doing it. And, Elena used to date my brother, and they were always together, so Jeremy would always be hanging around and crushing on me, and..." She continued to dance. "And my little cousin, Tory, she used to be best friends with their little sister Liv, and another girl named Lindsey Davis, and Tory and Lindsey had boyfriends named Luke and Ryan Thompson, Luke and Ryan are brothers, obviously, so Liv, Tory, Luke, Lindsey and Ryan were all friends, though Liv was younger than them. but that was before..." She realized that she was about to get into the sad part of the story, changing the subject, looking at Damon. "Hey, why don't you have a girlfriend? You're, like, totally cool and so hot." 

"I know," Damon told her.

"Don't you wanna be in love?" Vicki asked. 

Damon walked past her, stepping around the sunlight coming from the window. "I've been in love." Vicki twirled around. "It's painful and pointless and overrated." 

Damon took Vicki by the hand, twirling her around.

"Except when it isn't," Vicki told him, skipping around the couch, pulling Damon with her.

"No more talking," Damon told her. "Let's dance." 

Damon picked Vicki up, spinning her around, lowering her into a dip.

Damon danced alone on one side of the room, a bottle of bourbon in hand.

Vicki stood on the steps, raising her arm in the air, swaying back and forth, waving her arms in the air. 

Damon took a sip of bourbon, turning around. He rushed toward the other side of the room, jumping up onto the stairwell railing of the second floor, turned to face Vicki, carefully dancing along the thin line. 

Vicki looked up at him, smiling, beckoning him to come down.

In the hallway, Damon led the way, their hands clasped together. Vicki twirled under his arm, walking up the steps, turning to face him, leading him up the rest of the way. 

-

Stefan's Room 

Vicki leaned against the doorway, smiling.

Damon started to push all of the books off the shelves, onto the floor.

Vicki jumped up and down on Stefan's bed, throwing pillows everywhere. She jumped to the floor, strewing clothes everywhere. 

Damon pushed over a box of Stefan's things. 

Vicki twirled around, throwing a pillow to the floor. 

Damon danced past a ray of sunlight, dropping a candle to the floor, the glass shattering upon impact. 

Vicki jumped on the bed, landing in a sitting position.

Damon pushed over a lamp from Stefan's desk. He put his hand in the sunlight, making his skin sizzle. He pulled his hand away, continuing to dance. After he had calmed down, he found Katherine's picture from 1864, looking at it sadly. He looked toward Vicki, obviously thinking about their conversation about love from earlier.

(Song Ends) 

(Song:) 21 Guns - Greenday 

Damon and Vicki had come down from the high of blood, slow dancing to the slow song. 

Vicki was silently crying. "After Tory's mom and brothers died, my mom was never the same. She started acting like Aunt Amelia. She was never home, and she was always drunk. She never got over losing her sister and nephews. She spends most of her time in Virginia Beach with Pete. He drives trucks. I miss Aunt Amelia, and the twins, Ash and Michael. And I miss Tory. I wish she would come home. But Tory has anger issues that could rival Kacie Lockwood's, and they only got worse when they died, so they sent her away. They never let her come home. They sent her away because they didn't know who her dad was, and she had never met him. I think I met my dad once when I was a kid. I don't remember much, but from what I gather, he's not worth remembering."

"Your life is so pathetic," Damon told her. 

"Yeah," Vicki agreed. "I mean, I'm the screwed up one. Matt's got it so easy. He's the golden boy. I mean, he's gonna get a football scholarship and marry Elena and have a lawn mower and some babies, and when I think of my future, I just come up blank." 

Vicki pulled away from Damon, still silently crying.

"You are so damaged," Damon told her. 

Vicki nodded. "Yep."

"I mean, you don't have one hint of self-esteem," Damon told her.

Vicki shook her head. "Nope, none." 

Damon leaned his forehead against hers. "I think I know what can help you."

"What's that?" Vicki asked. 

(Song Ends) 

Damon smoothed her hair back. "Death." 

Damon snapped Vicki's neck, letting her dead body fall to the floor, sighing, readjusting his collar. He stepped over Vicki's dead body. 

-~- 

Vicki continued to lie dead on the floor, unblinking. 

Damon stepped toward the window, slowly raising his hand into the sunlight. His skin sizzled, starting to smoke. Damon winced, trying again only to get the same result. 

Vicki gasped, coming back from the dead calmly. "What happened? We were dancing, and then--"

"Then I killed you," Damon told her.

Vicki groaned, holding her neck in pain, sitting up. "What?" 

"You're dead," Damon answered.

"I'm dead?" Vicki repeated.

"Yeah, well, let's not make a big deal out of it," Damon told her, sitting down. "You drank my blood, I killed you, and now you have to feed in order to complete the process." 

Vicki groaned, standing. "You're wasted." 

Vicki grabbed her leggings, turning toward the door.

"You don't wanna be out there all alone," Damon told her. Vicki continued to walk away. Damon appeared in front of her. "You're about to get really freaky." 

Vicki looked toward where Damon had just been in confusion. She shrugged it off, turning to Damon. "Okay, I had a really good time. I just wanna go home." 

"You're gonna start craving blood, and until you get it, you're gonna feel very out of it," Damon told her. "You have to be careful." 

Vicki pushed him away. "Come on, move." 

Vicki pushed past him.

Damon turned after her. "See? You're already starting to fall apart." 

"And I'm going home now," Vicki told him.

"Okay, fine," Damon told her. "I'm just warning you." He looked at her as if he got an idea. "Actually, you know what? You should go. In fact, if I were you, I would stop by your boyfriend Jeremy's house."

"Yeah, whatever," Vicki told him, turning to the door. "Bye." 

"Tell Liv, Alex and Elena I said, 'Hi,'" Damon told her. "And if you see Nicola, Stefan and Kaylin, tell them to call me." 

Vicki walked out of the room.

Damon smirked, pleased with himself.

-

Woods 

Sheriff drove her car toward Logan, getting out, walking toward him. "I got Stanley on the Moore street entrance. The rest of us will cover other access points. Call him or call me if that thing goes off. Don't use the radio. Cell phones only."

"Got it," Logan told her.

Sheriff handed a gun to him. "You've got eight rounds. Remember, wood bullets won't kill them, but it'll wound them enough for you to get close and stake them. You sure you can handle this?" 

"Of course I can," Logan told her, cocking the gun.

Sheriff held a stake toward him. "You ever staked a vampire before?" 

Logan took the stake from her. "Have you?" 

Sheriff didn't answer to the reply.

-

Gilbert House - Foyer 

The door bell rang repeatedly.

Jeremy walked downstairs. "I'm coming!" 

The repeated, demanding rings on the doorbell turned into repeated, demanding knocks on the door.

Liv walked out of her room and into the hall upstairs in annoyance, walking up to the stairwell railing, leaning forward against it, looking down the stairs in front of her. 

Jeremy opened the door. 

Vicki had sunglasses on, walking inside.

"Hey," Jeremy told her.

Vicki covered her face with her hands. "The sun is killing me. My eyes are on fire." 

Jeremy closed the door. "Where have you been?" 

Vicki shook her head, placing on hand on his shoulder, the other on the back of his head. "It's good. Everything's good." 

Vicki kissed Jeremy deeply.

Liv closed her eyes in annoyance, tilting her head, opening her eyes.

Jeremy pulled away from Vicki. "Well, did something happen?" 

"Would you guys like to explain what's going on?" Liv asked impatiently.

Jeremy and Vicki looked up the stairs toward Liv.

Liv raised her eyebrows, waiting for an answer. 

"I'm hungry," Vicki answered, pulling away from Jeremy, walking into the kitchen hurriedly. "What do you got to eat?" 

Liv looked at Jeremy with a look as if to ask, What the hell is she doing here? 

Jeremy shrugged, walking into the kitchen.

Liv gestured impatiently, annoyed, at nothing, pushing away from the banister, walking along the railing to the stairs, holding onto it as she turned around the corner, walking downstairs. 

-

Kitchen 

Vicki opened the fridge, pulling out all of the food she could find.

"You're high?" Jeremy asked skeptically. "Vicki, it's the middle of the day." 

"Could you just not talk so loud?" Vicki asked. "My head hurts. I need quiet." 

Liv stood next to Jeremy. "Coming from the person who's making all the noise." 

Jeremy tilted his head at Liv. "Liv."

Liv gave him an annoyed but innocent look.

Vicki took a bite of pizza, eating hungrily, like an animal.

-

Woods 

Stefan led the way back to the car, opening the driver's side front and back doors for Elena and Alex.

Alex walked around him, starting to get into the back seat.

Elena's voice stopped her. "The mind control." Alex looked at Elena. Elena was looking at Stefan. "You said Katherine used." Stefan nodded for her to go on. "Do you ever do that to me?" 

"No," Stefan answered. He pointed at Elena's necklace. "That necklace..." Elena looked at her necklace, pulling a piece of hair behind her ear. Stefan looked at Alex. "And that bracelet." Alex looked at her bracelet. "They contain an herb called vervain. It protects you from being compelled." Stefan looked at Alex. "I knew that my brother had this weird fixation on you, and that he was trying to get under your skin." Alex nodded in acknowledgement. "So, I wanted to protect you from his influence." Stefan looked at Elena. "I wanted to protect both of you from him, but I also wanted to... protect you from me. You should never take them off, because no matter what happens after today, and no matter how either of you feel about me, about Damon, about Kaylin... you'll know that you were free to make your own choices." 

Alex nodded, getting into the backseat. 

Elena got into the driver's seat.

Stefan closed both of the doors for them, turning toward the other side of the car. He stopped when his phone vibrated. He looked at the text from Kaylin.

Nikki is an insane Salvatore. She dismantled my car so I can't get her the hell out of town. We're coming back to Mystic Falls, but we can't go home. Where are you? 

Stefan smirked, scoffing in slight surprise, shaking his head, writing a reply. 

Meet me at Elena's. 

-

Gilbert House - Foyer 

Jeremy opened the door for Matt.

Matt walked in. "Where is she?" 

Jeremy closed the door. "Come this way." 

Jeremy led the way into the kitchen, standing next to Liv, both of them watching Vicki. 

Vicki was sitting on the floor, leaning against the counter, surrounded by food, drinking a can of Gingerale.

"What's she on?" Matt asked.

"Ask the expert," Liv told him. Jeremy gave Liv a look. Liv shrugged. "I say bad things all the time. Not gonna change anytime soon." 

"I don't know," Jeremy told them. 

Matt slowly walked toward Vicki, kneeling in front of her, removing her glasses. "Hey, Vic. How you doing?" 

"Not good, Matty," Vicki answered. "I hurt." 

"Okay, where does it hurt?" Matt asked.

Vicki touched her mouth. "My gums. My jaw hurts." Her other hand raised to the other side of her mouth. "My gum--There's something in my gums. It hurts."

"You're okay," Matt told her. 

"No, just leave me alone," Vicki told him desperately.

"Don't be like that," Matt told her. "Let's get you home." 

"Just turn it off!" Vicki exclaimed.

"Turn what off?" Liv asked.

"The talking, the chatter," Vicki answered, standing, walking past Matt, Jeremy and Liv. "Just turn it off." 

Vicki walked to the open door frame entrance of half the living room, looking at the TV. 

Matt, Jeremy and Liv followed. 

Logan was on the TV, reporting a story in the cemetery, which was a crime scene in the background.

Liv walked forward, grabbing the remote, turning the volume on the TV up. 

Logan spoke to his viewers. "Three bodies were found dead in which is believed to be a drug deal gone awry. The bodies have yet to be identified." The camera focused in on the crime scene behind him. Three bodies were covered with yellow sheets. Sheriff and two Deputies were investigating. "They were discovered in the old Mystic Falls cemetery." 

"That's where we were last night," Jeremy told them.

Matt looked at Vicki. "What happened, Vic?" 

Liv looked at Vicki in confusion.

Vicki didn't answer, looking at the TV, scared and numb. 

Logan spoke to his viewers. "And are looking for suspects. They're asking anyone with information..." 

"I'm calling the cops," Matt told them.

Vicki grabbed his arm to stop him. "No, don't." 

Jeremy walked closer. "What happened after I left last night, Vicki?" 

Vicki suddenly pushed Jeremy to the floor, into the couch. 

Liv walked toward Jeremy. "Jer, you okay?" 

"I'm fine," Jeremy answered. Liv helped him stand. "I'm fine, Liv." 

Matt looked at Vicki. "Damn, Vic." 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Liv asked incredulously. 

Alex, Elena and Stefan walked in. 

"What's going on?" Alex asked.

"She's really messed up," Matt answered. 

Stefan walked closer. "Alex, back up." Alex backed away. Stefan stepped closer to Vicki, placing a hand on her cheek. "Vicki, look at me. Focus." Vicki looked at him. Stefan seemed to know what was wrong with her. "You're gonna be find. Everything's gonna be fine." He looked at the others. "Guys, take her to bed. Shut the blinds. She's gonna be okay. Come on." Matt walked with Vicki, leading her out of the room. Stefan put a hand on Jeremy and Liv's backs to keep them going. "Come on." 

Liv turned to face him, making it where his hand wasn't on her shoulder. "Uh, no. You guys are in this on your own." 

Liv turned around, walking out of the room.

Jeremy sighed, following her upstairs. 

Elena put a hand to her head, looking at Stefan. "You know what's wrong with her?" 

"Yeah," Stefan answered.

"What is it?" Alex asked.

"She's transitioning," Stefan answered. 

"Transitioning into what?" Elena asked.

"A vampire," Stefan answered.

"What?" Alex asked worriedly.

"Damon must have gotten to her," Stefan told them. "She's new. She hasn't completed her transformation yet." 

"How--How does she do that?" Alex asked.

"She has to feed on human blood," Stefan answered.

"And what if she doesn't?" Alex asked.

Stefan hesitated. "She'll die." 

-~- 

Kaylin and Nicola were here now.

"Thanks for inviting me in," Kaylin told them to lighten the mood.

It didn't work. 

Elena was pacing, a hand to her head. 

"She may only have a few hours," Nicola told them.

Elena pointed to the ceiling. "She's upstairs with them right now."

"It's okay," Kaylin told them. "She doesn't know what's happening to her yet." 

"So when is she gonna know?" Alex asked.

"Right now, she doesn't remember anything," Stefan explained. "A part of her is still human." Alex leaned against the table chairs, her hand in her hair. "But slowly, the deeper she gets into the transition, the memories will start to come back, and then she'll know she has to make the choice." 

Elena looked at Stefan and Kaylin accusingly. "The same choice you made?" 

Stefan and Kaylin didn't answer.

Elena knew what it meant, walking away.

Kaylin seemed annoyed.

Stefan seemed guilty.

Alex turned to Nicola sadly. "I'm sorry, Nicola." Nicola looked at her in confusion. "Stefan told us about what happened to your dad, what Damon did to him, and, I don't know what else to say, other than... I'm sorry, Nicola." 

Nicola nodded slightly, numbly, pressing her lips together, looking away. 

-

Jeremy's Room 

Jeremy and Vicki sat together on his bed, inches apart.

"I'm sorry I'm so much trouble," Vicki told him. 

"Aw, you just--you need to sleep it off, okay?" Jeremy asked, kissing her forehead, standing, turning away.

Vicki grabbed his arm to stop him, pulling him closer, holding onto him.

Jeremy wrapped his arms around her worriedly. 

Matt watched them sympathetically from out in the hall, smiling sadly, turning around, walking down the stairs.

-

Foyer 

Kaylin leaned against the wall.

Matt walked down the stairs, turning to face her. "Hey." Kaylin smiled a small smile. "Thanks for helping. I don't know how you and Stefan did it." 

Kaylin pushed away from the wall. "Of course. Uh, we went through something similar. Just not so... Intense." Matt nodded. "So, about yesterday, and about what I said earlier--"

"Don't worry about it," Matt told her. "Oh, you said that you had to rain check because of your uncle. Is he okay?" 

Kaylin sighed, looking over her shoulder toward Nicola sitting at the dinner table alone, looking at the wooden surface in sad numbness. She looked at Matt. "He's been better." 

"What about Nicola?" Matt asked. "Is she okay?" 

Kaylin sighed, shaking her head. "I don't know if she'll be okay for a while." 

"Oh," Matt said.

"So, when to have that rain check?" Kaylin asked rhetorically, chuckling. 

"Hmm..." Matt trailed off. "There's gonna be a Halloween thing at the school on, well, Halloween. Go?" 

Kaylin smiled. "Yeah. Sure." She looked a breath, looking upstairs. "She okay?" 

"Uh, now, I think," Matt answered. "Jeremy's got her." 

Kaylin nodded, smiling a small smile. 

Elena walked into the kitchen, looking down the hall, noticing Kaylin and Matt. "Kaylin." 

Kaylin turned to face her.

Elena nodded for her to come to her.

Kaylin looked at Matt, shrugging, backing away with a teasing smile, turning around, walking into the kitchen, looking at Elena. "What?" 

"The mind control, the feeding Damon did to Caroline and Eliza..." Elena trailed off. "Do you ever do that to Matt?" 

"What?" Kaylin asked in disgust, as if the suggestion had been an insult. "No. God, no."

Elena seemed reassured by the words, sighing.

-

Jeremy's Room 

Jeremy and Vicki were still sitting together, still embraced. 

Vicki nuzzled into his neck, smelling the smell of blood, tempted by it, hungry for it. She realized what she was about to do, pushing Jeremy away from her. "No." 

Vicki stood, grabbing her shoes, running out of the room. 

Jeremy looked after her in confusion. 

-

Foyer 

Vicki ran downstairs. 

Matt looked up at her. "Vic." Vicki opened the front door, running outside. Matt followed her. "Vic!" 

Matt ran outside.

Liv walked out of her room and into the hall upstairs in annoyance, walking up to the stairwell railing, leaning forward against it, looking down the stairs in front of her. 

Jeremy ran out into the hall beside her. 

Alex, Elena, Nicola, Kaylin and Stefan ran outside.

Liv and Jeremy exchanged a look, running downstairs, outside. 

-

Outside 

Vicki was gone. 

"What happened?" Nicola asked.

"She was fine, and then she just freaked out," Jeremy told them. 

"I'm gonna go look for her," Matt told them. "Call me if you hear anything." 

Matt ran toward his truck, getting in, driving away. 

Stefan looked at Alex and Elena. "I can track her."

Alex nodded. "Go." 

Stefan walked away, nodding for Kaylin to follow. 

Kaylin looked at Nicola, giving her the keys. "Get out of here." Nicola opened her mouth to argue. Kaylin cut her off. "Nikki, I'm serious. Please, do not try to go after Damon, and try to keep yourself alive. Please. Or at least fix the car that you're trying to destroy." 

Nicola nodded, sighing. 

Kaylin followed Stefan. 

Nicola walked toward Kaylin's car to fix it.

-

Night - Woods 

Logan was walking alone, having the Gilbert watch, a flashlight and stake in hand. The watch's pointer was spinning like a compass, telling him which way to go. He pulled out his phone, calling someone. 

Elsewhere in the woods, Sheriff and her Deputy were also on the hunt.

Sheriff's phone rang. She answered. "Yeah." 

"I think I got something," Logan told her. "It's pointing towards the old cemetery." 

"I'm headed your way," Sheriff told him, hanging up, putting her phone away, pulling out a gun. 

Sheriff and the Deputy turned around to walk toward the old cemetery.

-

Gilbert House - Kitchen 

Alex and Elena were cleaning up the mess Vicki had made.

Jeremy and Liv were in the room with them.

"Maybe we should check in with Matt," Jeremy told them. 

Elena handed him a cup and a plate. "He'll call when he finds her." 

Alex walked toward the dinner table, grabbing new ones.

Jeremy put the dishes in the sink. "What are we supposed to do?" 

"We wait," Alex answered, walking toward Liv, handing her the dishes. "We're supposed to wait." 

Liv put the dishes in the sink. "I don't know what's wrong with her." 

Elena handed Jeremy some more dishes. "She'll be fine." She and Elena turned away, exchanging a look. "It'll all be fine." 

Jeremy made an annoyed, irritated and anxious face, raising a plate toward them.

Liv rolled her eyes. 

The door bell rang.

Jeremy, Elena, Liv and Alex looked down the hall toward the front door. They exchanged a look, walking down the hall to the front door. 

-

Foyer

Alex opened the door. Once she saw who it was, she instantly tried to slam the door closed with both arms, using all of her strength.

Elena tried to help her close the door, anxious and worried. 

Damon was the one standing outside, easily pushing the door back open with one hand. 

Alex and Elena stood in front of Liv and Jeremy protectively, scared and angry.

"Jeremy, Liv, go upstairs," Elena told them.

Liv and Jeremy looked at them in confusion, exchanging a look, nodding. They backed away, turning around, walking upstairs. 

Damon tilted his head, smiling at Alex and Elena, smug. "You're both afraid of me. I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that, A, Stefan finally fessed up to you, Elena, and you told Alex, or, B, you both found out on your own." 

"You're right the second time," Alex told him. Damon stepped inside. Alex looked at him, scared, angry and defensive. "Stay the hell away from us." 

"Hey, hey, hey," Damon told her. "There's no need to be rude. I'm just looking for Stefan and Kaylin. Possibly Nicola." He smiled. "May I come in? Oh, wait, of course I can." He walked through the doorway. Elena backed away, pulling Alex away from him. "I've been invited." Damon closed the door behind him. "I'll cut to the chase if you want me to. I won't kill you, that wouldn't serve my greater agenda. So, where are Nikki, Stefan and Kaylin?" 

Alex looked at Damon angrily. "They're out looking for Vicki." 

Damon rolled his eyes. "Don't look at me with those judgy little eyes." He stepped forward. Alex and Elena backed away into the wall behind them. "That girl's going to thank me for what I did to her." 

Alex looked at Damon levelly. "Did you thank Katherine?" 

Damon looked down, slightly hurt. He looked at Alex. "Well, aren't you brave?" Alex didn't answer. Damon turned away from them. "So, you two go the whole life story, huh?" 

"We got enough," Elena told him.

"Oh, I doubt that," Damon told them. Alex and Elena looked at him in confusion. Damon walked toward the door. "Tell my brother and sister and little niece Nikki I'm looking for them." He opened the door, about to leave. He peered back in. "Oh, and a little tip for later, be careful on who you invite into the house." 

Damon smiled, walking out of the house, closing the door behind him. 

Alex and Elena looked at each other nervously. 

-

Mystic Falls Old Cemetery 

Kaylin walked through the darkness of the cemetery, listening, looking for any sign of Vicki. She found Stefan and Vicki, walking toward them. 

"Vicki," Kaylin told her.

Vicki was crying silently. "I'm starting to remember things. What he is, what he said." She looked at Stefan. "I remember you. The hospital." She looked at Kaylin. "And I remember you. The rooftop. It's all coming back."

"I'm so sorry," Kaylin told her. "Damon had no right to do this to you." 

Vicki took a deep breath. "He said that I need to feed. What will happen if I don't?" 

"You will fade quickly," Stefan answered sadly. "And then it'll all just be over." 

Vicki nodded. "I'll be dead." 

Stefan nodded.

"Yes," Kaylin answered sadly.

Vicki looked down.

Kaylin sat next to her comfortingly.

Vicki looked up. "I don't want this." 

"I know, I know," Stefan told her. "It'll be okay, all right? You're gonna be okay. We can help you."

"Is it better?" Vicki asked. Neither answered. "Is it better? Will I be better?" She still got no answer, crying. "I wanna go home. Will you take me home? Please?" 

Kaylin nodded, taking her hand. She seemed to sense someone behind her. "I thought I told you to go." 

"Oh, I went," Nicola told her, stepping closer. "I even fixed the damage I did to your car. I just didn't leave." 

Kaylin looked confused, rushing toward Nicola, pushing her against a tree. 

Logan had been standing behind Nicola, trying to shoot her in the back. Now that Kaylin had gotten Nicola out of the way, the wooden bullets shot Stefan instead. 

Stefan groaned, falling to the ground. 

Nicola breathed heavily, trying to take in the fact that Kaylin had just saved her life. 

Kaylin let go of Nicola, looking at Logan angrily, transforming. 

Logan shot Kaylin in the chest repeatedly, stalking closer with each shot he took. One. Two. Three. Four.

Kaylin finally fell to the ground in pain.

Vicki looked at the scene in absolute confusion. 

Logan stalked closer.

-~-

Nicola shook off the confusion, kneeling next to Kaylin, pulling the bullets out of her stomach and chest quickly. She looked at the blood stained bullets in her blood stained fingers. "Wood. They know." She let the bullets fall to the ground, looking toward Logan. Logan walked toward Stefan. "You stay away from him!" 

"I'm doing this town a favor, Nicola," Logan told her. 

Kaylin glared at Logan, breathing heavily, trying to force the healing process to quicken. She looked at Nicola. "Would you hate me if I killed him?" 

"Not if it meant saving us," Nicola answered.

"Good," Kaylin answered. 

Logan raised his stake to kill Stefan.

"No," Vicki told him.

Nicola stood, running toward him. "No!" 

Kaylin forced herself to stand, rushing toward Logan, standing behind him, biting into his neck.

Nicola stopped running. 

Kaylin fed on Logan until he died, letting his body fall.

Damon appeared next to Stefan, kneeling next to him, pulling the bullet out of his chest. 

Kaylin was still transformed, blood staining her skin, breathing heavily. She seemed to be caught in the thrill of a kill that she hadn't had done for ages. 

"Thanks for killed the news reporter, Kaylin," Damon told her. "Because if anyone's gonna kill either of you, it's gonna be me. You look like you were long over due for a kill anyhow. Bet you forgot how good it felt, didn't you?" Kaylin didn't answer, using her sleeve to wipe the blood away. Damon looked at Stefan, holding out his hand. "My ring." 

Stefan reached into his pocket, pulling the ring out, handing it to Damon.

"Happy?" Kaylin asked.

"Mm-hmm," Damon answered, smiling smugly, putting his ring on. 

Nicola knelt next to Logan's gun on the ground, opening the clip, revealing three more wooden bullets. She looked up when she heard something, looking at Logan's body. "Somebody stop her." 

Vicki was drinking Logan's blood.

"No!" Stefan told her. "No, Vicki!" 

Vicki pulled away, blood coating her skin. "I'm sorry." 

Vicki stood, walking away.

"Oops," Damon told them, standing, turning to face Nicola. Nicola stood defensively, looking at him with hate. "You, Nicola, on the other hand. You are the reason that Stefan and Kaylin locked me up, the reason that they want me dead." Damon stalked closer to her. Nicola backed away. "And I know that you wanna kill me for what I did to Zach, so why don't we just skip past all of that and--" Damon rushed toward Nicola. Nicola still had Logan's gun in her hand, pointing it at Damon, shooting him in the chest, making him stop where he was, groaning in pain. Damon stalked toward her. Nicola shot him again. Damon stepped closer. Nicola shot the last bullet remaining. She continued to shoot until the gun clicked when no bullets remained, only able to shoot him three times. Damon smirked. "Wow. A real fighter. Didn't know you had it in you, Nikki." 

Damon held his chest in pain, stalking closer.

Kaylin stood in between them, pushing Damon onto the ground next to the Gilbert watch. "You try to kill her again, Damon, I swear to God, I will kill you." 

Damon rolled his eyes. "Relax, Kaylin. You're high on the extra power that comes with fresh human blood from the vein. You don't get that kind of power from your little juice boxes, do you?" 

Kaylin didn't answer.

Damon noticed the pocket watch, picking it up. He stood, rushing away.

Elsewhere in the woods, Sheriff and her Deputy ran closer to the scene. 

Stefan, Kaylin and Nicola had disappeared.

They found Logan's body on the ground, alone. 

"Oh, God," Sheriff told him. She looked away. "The watch. Find the watch." 

-

Gilbert House - Outside 

Elena was sitting alone outside on the porch. 

Stefan walked toward her.

Elena stood in alarm, walking toward him, looking at his shirt. "You're bleeding." 

"No, it's okay," Stefan told her. "It's okay. I'm okay." 

(Song:) Down - Jason Walker featuring Molly Reed 

Elena looked at Stefan in confusion.

Stefan shook his head. "I couldn't stop her. I tried."

"What does that mean?" Elena asked. 

"She fed, and then Kaylin, Nicola and I lost her," Stefan answered. 

"Oh, my God," Elena said. 

"I'll take care of it," Stefan told her. "I'll find her, and I will show her that she can lie like I do. I will make sure that she does not hurt anybody, Elena. I promise you." 

"What do I tell my brother, and--and Matt?" Elena asked. "Matt's already lost so much, Stefan, he can't lose his sister, too." 

"We'll come up with a story," Stefan told her. 

"You mean we'll come up with a lie," Elena told him. 

Stefan sighed, hesitating. "I'm so sorry." 

"I gave you today just like you asked," Elena told him. Stefan looked at her in confusion. "And I understand that you would never do anything to hurt me, and I promise I will keep your secret, and that I will make sure that Alex doesn't tell anyone, but... I can't be with you, Stefan." Stefan looked hurt. "I'm sorry. I--I just can't." 

Stefan looked at her for a moment. 

Elena turned around, walking quickly into the house.

-

Foyer

Elena closed the door behind her, leaning against it. She was the only one in the dark, unlit foyer. 

-

Outside 

Stefan was left outside on the porch, processing what just happened. 

-

Salvatore Boarding House - Nicola's Room 

Nicola stood alone in her room, looking at a picture of Zach, a brunette-haired woman, presumably Nicola's mother, and a child of what looked to be about six years of age, presumably a Young Nicola. They were all smiling, grinning at the camera, happy and innocent. She set the picture down, looking up, tears in her eyes.

-

Basement 

Nicola walked into the basement, half-expecting her father to still be there.

There was no one there. Someone had removed the body.

Nicola looked at the photograph in her hand, starting to gasp, no longer in denial about the truth that her father was dead, starting to cry. She slid down the wall, sitting on the floor, her hand on the wall above her head, letting her hand fall to the floor next to her, setting the picture next to her. She held her head in her hands, continuing to cry.

-

1.07 "Haunted" Trailer

(Song:) If I Was Your Vampire - Marilyn Manson 

From 1.07 "Haunted", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Damon, Vicki, Kaylin and Stefan walked along the sidewalk.

"She's a vampire, Stefan," Kaylin told him. "She should know the perks." 

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the school's Halloween party, Vicki was dressed up as a theatrical vampire, walking through the crowd.

From 1.07 "Haunted", in Stefan's room, Damon and Vicki sat on his bed together.

"All I can think about it blood," Vicki complained.

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the Salvatore Mausoleum, Kaylin led the way inside, a bottle of bourbon in her hand.

Nicola followed her in.

ON ALL HALLOW'S EVE

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the hallway of the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan, Alex and Elena were talking.

"She has a very volatile personality," Stefan told them.

Alex frowned. "So, she's a vampire with issues?"

ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the parking lot of the school, Tyler was on the ground.

Vicki jumped onto Tyler, tilting his head to the side, about to bite him.

Kaylin appeared, grabbing her by the waist, pulling Vicki off of Tyler.

From 1.07 "Haunted", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Vicki, Stefan, Damon and Kaylin stood outside the house.

"Come on, Vicki," Kaylin told her. "Live a little."

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the Salvatore Mausoleum, Nicola sighed, looking around the crypt until she found the grave with her father's name.

Zach Salvatore.

Nicola traced the carving of the name, sighing.

From 1.07 "Haunted", outside MFHS, Everyone was dressed for Halloween, running and squealing in delight.

Bonnie, Eliza and Caroline stood together in their costumes, all of whom were witches, only in different colored costumes. Bonnie's costume was gold, having a blonde wig. Eliza's costume was blue. Caroline's costume was purple.

Kacie walked toward them. She was wearing a devil costume.

Elena, Alex, Liv and Jeremy were walking through the crowd, in costume.

Elena was a nurse with blood staining her clothes. She had a cap with a first aid sign designed onto it.

Alex was a goddess with a red dress and a golden crown made with what looked like vines and leaves.

Liv was dressed as a goth with black make-up, a black leather jacket, shirt, leggings and boots.

Jeremy had a hoodie and jeans, the hood pulled over his head.

From 1.07 "Haunted", in a classroom, Vicki and Stefan were talking.

"You shouldn't be here, Vicki," Stefan told her. "Crowds like this, it makes it even harder for you to keep yourself under control."   

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the kitchen of the Gilbert House, Elena, Alex, Jeremy and Liv were talking.

Elena looked at Jeremy. "You can't be with her. The best thing you can do is let her go."

Jeremy stepped closer. "Keeping me away from her is not for the best."

Jeremy turned around, walking out of the kitchen.

Liv sighed deeply, putting her tea down, turning her head to look at Alex and Elena. "Do I still have to go to the Halloween thing?"

Alex and Elena gave Liv a look.

Liv sighed, knowing that meant a "yes", taking a drink of tea. 

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the bus pit, Vicki pushed Jeremy away from her, looking at Alex angrily, stalking toward her. Alex swung a board at Vicki. Vicki caught it, taking it out of her grasp, pushing Alex through the air toward a pile of wood planks and recycling garbage.

From 1.07 "Haunted", in hallway of the school at the Halloween party, Matt gently backed Kaylin into the wall behind her, looking at her for a moment.

Kaylin smiled a small smile, no longer hesitant, kissing him. The more they kissed, the more passionate it became.

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the hallway of the school, Caroline, Bonnie and Eliza were talking.

"Can someone be excited it's Halloween?" Eliza asked.

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the hallway of the school, Liv was inside the hallway, alone in the abandoned hallway. She looked toward the doorway in confusion, slowly stepping closer.

From 1.07 "Haunted", in the bus pit, Vicki grabbed Alex, pulling her away from the door, leaving it open, biting her neck, feeding. Alex screamed in pain and fear.

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Alex and Elena were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing, walking toward the camera.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

10.7K 279 24
All rights go to the creators of The Vampire Diaries and the CW, except for the fanfiction characters and plots. Heartofice97: Alex Gilbert, Kacie Lo...
43.4K 787 43
I decided to create this because I already have an imagines book and I didn't want to combine this into that so it's separate. Please check out my im...
558K 14.3K 63
❝ You brought out a side of me I didn't even know I had ❞ [THE VAMPIRE DIARIES] [3x15 - TBA] cover credit; @argentsvogue
38.9K 803 42
(Unnamed Love Interest) (The Vampire Diaries Fan Fiction) Started on: April 14, 2021 Ended on: April 20, 2021