How It Continued

By OneDLover5

***This is the sequel to "Where it All Began." I would suggest reading that first*** Uma and Harry Hook are i... More

Welcome to Auradon
Day One
Harry's Day Six
Partners in Crime
Differences
Competition
Enemies
A Problem and a Solution
The Label of Friends
How it Starts
Prison
Excerpts
Leadership and Denial
Hers
Feelings or Not
Are You Sure?
How Dare You
Possibilities
Deserves Better
Unscathed
One at a Time
Excerpts Pt. Two
Repairs
Tell Me When
Is it?
What if...
Never Stopped
Overwhelmed
You Would Just Know
Soooo D3
Terrified
Trust Pt. Two
Ready?

Uma's Day Six

1.8K 52 18
By OneDLover5

It was day six in Auradon and most of Uma crew had been brought to join her. Day Six meant that there was still four days to go, four crew members. To her dismay Harry was still on the Isle, but to her delight so was Gil. Don't get her wrong, Uma missed Gil terribly, but knowing that they were together on the Isle gave her some comfort because she knew Gil was doing all he can to keep Harry sane. Uma knew Gil was good at reading people but she also knew Gil would only be able to contain Harry for so long. As the days went on, her worry increased. As the days went on, so did her anger. Unlike Harry, she couldn't go on a rampage to blow off some steam. She couldn't go intimidate someone to feel better. If she caused one problem it meant that no one would be coming off the Isle the next day and she would be away from Harry longer. Uma was losing her mind having to act good to get her crew back. She didn't know how much longer she could fake being good without him.  

***********************************************************************************************

Uma's alarm rang and the moment she turned it off, she threw it across the room. She smiled at the sound it made.

"Uma! Is everything alright?" Jake yelled through the door,

"Yeah just fine!" She lied. Her anger was winning. She wasn't thinking reasonably anymore. She didn't care anymore. She just wanted Harry back.

She got out of bed and looked out the window. She saw there was a guard walking around the school and she groaned. She couldn't sneak out of the room. She shook her head and got ready to leave. She put on ripped purple jeans and a black short sleeve shirt. She put out on her fingerless gloves and her sword belt. Taking out her sword from it's hiding place she smiled as she ran her hand over the grip. Storing the sword in her belt, she opened the door and stormed out.

"Uh, Uma," the guard began, "Where are you going?" He noticed that she was walking in the opposite direction of her first period, her most important period.

"I'm leaving," She said as she walked out a side door and began her exit of Auradon Prep.

"Why would you do that?" Jake asked.

"Because I can't take this anymore!" Uma screamed.

"Take what anymore?" Jake followed her.

"This! This being good! This being happy without the main reason I wasn't horribly miserable on the Isle!" Uma fumed. Her strides getting longer as she walked through the garden, cursing the fact that they never gave her a tour of it.

"So you want to go back?" he asked incredulously.

"If it means being with him again, then yes!" She glared over her shoulder at him and she started running, thinking that if she could cross more distance at once, she'll eventually reach the exit of it.

Jake started chasing after her. "Him who?" This is the first time she mentioned a boyfriend. He overheard her talking with her crew but never have they mentioned her boyfriend. "Uma stop!" He shouted after her.

"No!" She ran faster as she ignored his question and tried to get away from him. She had already told him too much. Turning left she stopped quickly realizing she made a dead end. Jake not knowing she stopped, turned left and slammed right into her. Uma lost her balance and was going to fall if it wasn't for Jake's quick reflexes.

He grabbed her arms and was able to put her back on her feet. Uma glared at him and shook off his hold. Jake let her go. But didn't move from her path.

"Move, or I'll make you move," she threatened.

Jake raised his eyebrow in challenge.

This time Uma could respond to the challenge. She brought out her sword, pointed it at him and smiled evilly. "Move," She demanded.

Jake brought out his sword, "No."

She swung and he blocked her swing. Uma's eyes flared and Jake simply tilted his head as if asking, Is that all you got? Uma's anger rose as they began to fight.

"This isn't the way you should go out Uma," The guard said as he only blocked her swings instead of making any of his own, "Listen, you were doing good so far."

"And like I said, I can't do it anymore!" She said.

"So you want to be stuck on the Isle again? You want to go back to that prison again?" Jake asked.

"I'll find a way out," She said confidently. She swung at his legs but he backed out of her way.

"What about your friends here? What are you going to do about them?"

"They'll be fine, it's not forever," She shrugged and then paused completely. It's not forever, she thought.

Jake watched for Uma's next move, but when she didn't make one, he took the sword from her hand. He was surprised Uma let him. What Uma did next shocked him. Uma, the tough, no nonsense girl he's been with for six days, crumpled to the ground, put her head in her hands and shook.

"Uma?" Jake said as he kneeled in front of her and put a hand on her shoulder.

She didn't reply. She just thought about the last thing she told Harry before saying their goodbyes. She missed him terribly. Yes she got to send notes, but they weren't allowed to respond.

"How am I supposed to do this without him?" She asked to no one in particular as she sobbed.

"You have to be strong for him. He's counting on you to bring him to you," Jake answered. He watched Uma, and for the first time he realized that kids from the Isle have feelings too. That they were human, not just a assignment he was given.

"How?" Uma turned her head slightly towards him and looked at him through one eye.

Jake thought and came up with an idea. He lifted Uma's hand with the ring on it and showed it to her, "In the last few days I've been with you, I've noticed that whenever you are about to lose it, you twist this ring and you calm down again. I'm assuming that he gave you this ring?"

Uma nodded as a small fond smile crossed her face as she looked at the ring.

"Then use it, Uma," Jake encouraged, "Whenever you get this far lost again, remember that he's waiting for you. That he's counting on you."

"You think I haven't?" Uma asked, her anger returning as she took her hand out of him, "I tried, Jake! Boy have I tried, but it's not working anymore!" She stood up and brushed the grass off of her.

"Then try harder, Uma!" He said as he got up with her, "No one said this would be easy."

"Nothing's ever come easy to me, Royal Guard Dog," Uma rolled her eyes.

"Then this should be a piece of cake! Don't let missing your boyfriend be the reason you get sent back."

Uma glared, "He's not my boyfriend, he's my best friend."

"All the more reason to try harder! Do you think he deserves to stay on the Isle?"

"No." Uma fumed.

"Then think of that instead! Every time you are about to lose it, think of the fact that your best friend doesn't deserve to stay on the Isle, that he deserves a chance too."

Uma remained quiet as she processed what he said. He was right and she knew it. She sighed as she rubbed at her eyes and put her sword away. She looked at Jake and gave him a weak smile.

"Does that mean you'll try?" Jake asked.

Uma nodded.

"Alright, now, let's get you to class."

"Oh no!" Uma said as she ran towards class as she realized how late she was going to be and what that meant. Jake followed.

When they made it to the class she said, "I'm here, I'm here," she tried to catch her breath.

"You're late," Fairy Godmother said as she crossed her arms with a frown on her face.

"I..." Uma began but was cut off by her guard, "It's my fault, she woke up early so we can do some sword fighting training and we lost track of time."

Uma looked at her guard in surprise. Did he just lie for me? She thought.

"Oh," Fairy Godmother said, "Okay, see that it doesn't happen again."

"Will do," smiled the guard. Seeing that Uma was staring at him, he winked and said, "Go sit."

Uma did as told and mouthed "Thank you." The guard nodded. 

Maybe he's not as good as I thought, Uma thought.

Hiya!! So funny thing, this chapter would've been longer, but I felt like the second part would throw off the purpose of this chapter, so here's part one. Isn't Jake a sweetheart? I think I like him.

Thanks for reading!

-TheOnly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 1.3K 35
Daughter of Gaston in Auradon with her father's enemies. Interesting choice. Brooklyn has always been by her brother's side, they both don't like the...
1.1M 25.2K 17
Mal promised to come back for her. She promised to come back for her best friend, but she abandoned her. People change. She changed. Is it for better...
23K 426 17
Love? Do I love her? Of coarse I love her --------------------- "Harry. I'm pregnant." -------------------- Co-Writing with @_Megan_Stroodle_
51K 1K 35
When Mal and the other VKs leave and never return, Magnolia feels nothing but betrayal. She had no sister and the person she thought was her mother w...