Ginny's Yule Ball (Harry Pott...

By ReadTheWrittenWord

It's the Yule Ball. But what if Ginny said yes to Harry? What if Hermione fell for another of the Triwizard C... More

Dates? Check...but I'm lying.
The Dress Rehearsal
And Action!
When Revenge Backfires...
I know you told me to leave you alone but..
He gave you something private in the broom cupboard?
Not another pair of love spectacles
Its the smell of a magical skunk
I saw him kissing Cho
Do you find it awkward to kiss sitting down?
Wow, that Hyppogriff sure spat on you
You'll be feeling better when the night's through

Want to come down to breakfast early?

5K 84 24
By ReadTheWrittenWord

Thanks for the reads! :O i hope you likkeee<3

I woke up in my bed in the 3rd year Dormitory. I could tell it was quite early as it was pitch black outside. I reached over and felt around for my wristwatch. In my haste I knocked over something solid. It fell onto the floor and smashed. I grabbed my wand and whispered “Lumos!” My four poster bed flooded with light and I saw the pile of glass shards lying on the ground beside my bed. “Reparo!” I muttered as the shards flew together, forming a small bottle. I gasped as it all flooded back to me. The love potion disaster! It was going to ruin the rest of my holiday. I threw myself dramatically back onto my bed, my boxing day plans of digging into my presents didn’t seems so appealing anymore. But then I got an idea – it was still early so if I snuck down to breakfast now before the rest of the students I wouldn’t see him! But then again, most of the students in 3rd year went home for Christmas as they didn’t go to the Yule ball. In fact, I was the only one in my dorm. Maybe this meant I would be easier to spot, being early bird. Staying in my dorm would be a safer option as Dean couldn’t come up, even if he wanted to – due to the whole stairs turning into a slide thing when a boy touches them. But after about 20 minutes I was bored stiff so decided to go with my original plan.

I practically threw on some jeans and a hoodie and raced up the stairs to the 4th year’s dormitory. “Hermione,” I whispered, pulling back the curtains around her bed. Unlike in my dorm, everyone was there so I had to be quiet. I expected I would have to shake her awake silently or something but when I thrust the drapes open I found her already awake, drawing a pictures of…some sticks. I twisted my face as if to say – what the hell? 

“It’s for care of magical creatures. There are botruckles.” She explained. 

“Homework??” I asked incredulously “It’s the holidays, ‘Mione!” She sighed

“I know,” She said, stowing the books, awkwardly under the bed. I shook my head and continued. 

“Want to come down to breakfast early?” I asked. Hermione smiled, knowingly at me and stood up.

Hermione stalked down the stairs into the common room in front of me with a no nonsense air. I lurked behind her, my eyes darting around the room in case Dean was there. “All clear,” Hermione said, hands on hips. I hurried towards her. “Oh, we could use Harry’s invisibility cloak!” she suggested. That was a good idea. An invisibility cloak would be useful but that would involve telling Harry what I’d done – try to use a potion on him! It was also involve going up to the dorm where DEAN was! 

 “NO!” I yelled and explained to Hermione what I had just thought. She nodded. 

“Hmm…I suppose there is that isn’t there.” She conceded, leading me out the portrait hole. The whole way down to breakfast Hermione didn’t utter a word. I supposed that, even though she was putting on a brave face, she must be really cut up about Cedric. She also must really like him a lot, if she was willing to “let him go” if that’s what he wanted. 

When we arrived there the great hall was completely empty, apart from all the teachers who were up at the crack of dawn no matter the date. Professor McGonagall swept past us as we walked in and nodded curtly to both of us in turn. 

“Miss Weasley, Miss Granger,” I mumbled something in response but Hermione piped up with a cheery “’Morning, Professor,” trust her to be cheery when professors are around but when it’s plain old me? Noooo… 

“I assume you all enjoyed last night’s festivities?” Professor McGonagall continued for conversations sake. 

“Oh, yes. I had the best fun!” Hermione replied, again eager to impress. While nodded my agreement, knowing that if I said anything it would be a lie, unless told her it was, quite possibly, the worst night of life. 

“Well, just make sure all the frivolity doesn’t go to your heads, girls. There’s still a lot of work to be done after all.” I supposed McGonagall had to say this as it’s part of the teachers oath. Never let them have fun…blah, blah, blah…

I was just about to smile another answer at this but Hermione had other ideas. 

“Oh, yes, professor. I even crammed some in last night!” Hermione blathered, obviously not aware that she was spelling herself out to be a bit of a suck up. Glad there was no one here, after all! 

“Good, Miss Granger,” McGonagall smiled weakly at us before sweeping out the door. Probably to get away from the obvious sucking up that she was receiving. 

Hermione, blissfully unaware of what she had just done, walked over to the Gryfindor table and took a seat, wincing slightly due to the previous night’s dancing. I followed and sat down opposite her. Suddenly the serving plates in front of us filled up with food – the typical breakfast food, y’know. But I just couldn’t stomach it – feeling slightly sick after what had happened and just settled for a pumpkin juice. Hermione took a slice of toast and started buttering it, muttering about “Those poor house elves, working down there on Boxing Day!” But, fortunately, before she could descend into a full blown rant about house elf rights a girl walked in, scanning the empty hall, nervously. When she saw us she smiled and came towards our table. 

“Um…hi, Ginny, Hermione, I know I’m not meant to sit with you, being a Ravenclaw, but no one else is here. So, may I?” asked my least favourite person, Cho Chang. 

Cho eased herself onto the bench next to Hermione as some more platters of food filled up. She began to ladle food onto her plate and pour out juice from the pitcher in front of her. I could tell she was aware of the silence that fell over our table as she had sat down. It was obviously making her awkward so she desperatyl thought of something to say. 

“How’d you like the ball last night?” She smiled at us, her eyes shining. Obviously wanting us to tell her loads of gossip, well, she wasn’t getting any from me. 

“It was ok.” She obviously wasn’t getting any from Hermione either. 

“I know what you mean.” Cho beamed and then turned to me “Did you like it?” 

“It could have been better!” I laughed, not really with her, but more at the stupid situation I was now faced with. But she took it as a sign to continue talking. 

“It could have been wonderful, pity it wasn’t,” She giggled, her nose crinkling up at her hilarious joke. I joined in a little bit when I saw Hermione was chucking along. “So…” Cho continued, trying to be casual but I knew what was coming. “You, um, you went with Harry. Didn’t you Ginny?” I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. 

I could tell where this was going. She liked Harry too, I nearly cried, and she wanted to know if he liked her. Well, I wasn’t going to give her the satisfaction. Hermione had a rasher of bacon pierced on the end of her fork and was eyeing me anxiously as she nibbled at it. Cho was scooping up a spoonful of scrambled eggs, her eyes still on me, both of the girls awaiting my response. I picked up my goblet and took her another long drink, just to give me time to think of a civil reply. When I settled on one I set down my goblet and shrugged. 

“So?” I accompanied this with a shrug and then a smile, so that I gave off the impression that I wasn’t as jealous of her as I was. Hermione hid her smile at my lame response behind her fork. 

“I was just being….nosy, I guess.” Cho blushed “You two going out?” It was my turn to blush. I would have loved the answer tp that to be yes but it wasn’t. 

“No, we went as friends.” I answered not looking anywhere near her. But she must have looked sort of relived at that news because  Hermione jumped in. 

“Oh, but they went as really good friends. Yes, they’re really close.” She swung her arm around in the air as if to illustrate her point. 

“Yeah, we’re close...” I mumbled unconvincingly at Cho. This was incredibly awkward. Hermione must have guessed that because she got up and said

“Well, I’m off to the library…going to…look up…House Elf rights. Yes, that’s what I’ll do!” She looked determined now as she flaunted off leaving me to my privacy and Cho looking bemused. 

“So, you would know if he liked someone then?” She asked, all casual. 

“Definitely.” I said that part was true. I mean I totally would know! I did know… 

“Ok,” she muttered as she processed this. “So um, does he?”

I grinned, inwardly, I was evil. “No, he’s a little preoccupied, don’t you think?” I was referring to the triwizard tournament of course. I guess Cho noticed my smile and smug voice because she was looking at me strangely, like she’d figured something out.

I helped myself to some cereal when Earl landed on the table next to me and sipped from my goblet as I untied the Daily Prphet. Excellent, I could have a reason for not talking to Cho and I could catch up on world affairs at the same time. Cho had other plans, and decided to change her course of action. 

“Um, forget all that. I was just being nosy.” She waved hands in the air as if to waft the subject to the side. “So, who do you like, Ginny. Got a boyfriend?” I realised what she was doing immediately. She was wondering wether I was going to get in the way of her being with Harry – so she wanted to know if I fancied him or not. 

“Yeah,” I replied, I didn’t want her to think I was a compete sad sack. “He’s from the village I live near. Do you have a boyfriend, Cho?” The look of relief vanished from her face and she looked stumped. She had a boyfriend too. Which made her as unavailable as I, supposedly, was. Blush was starting to appear on Cho’s cheeks as she realised she had made her questiong far too clear as I could see through her. I too felt my neck go red as I realsid I must have made the ssame mistake. 

“So, Cho, I better be off.” I excused myself. She nodded and continued eating as I darted to the door, desperate to be away from the conversation from hell. I also felt assured, knowing that Cho had a boyfriend, because she wouldn’t do anything to hurt her man – she was a relatively nice person, she must be if Harry liked her – so I felt safe, knowing she couldn’t make her move for I while. Preferably she’d wait until after I’d made mine!

mwa ha ha! She so evil 3:S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

542K 21.9K 56
**COMPLETED** **INCLUDES PARTS ONE AND TWO** ⚠️DISCLAIMER⚠️: All original characters owned by J.K. Rowling. The only characters I own are the origina...
94.6K 2.3K 25
REWRITE HAS BEEN POSTED AND CAN BE FOUND UNDER THE NAME STRANGE MAGIC (REWRITE). One day while shopping in Diagon Alley, Harry discovers something t...
362K 6.4K 46
Draco Malfoy, the slytherin prince himself, suddenly starts to take an interest in you. When Draco starts paying an awful lot of attention to you, y...
19.7K 127 7
On the day of the announcement, Harry decides that he will ask Hermione to the Yule Ball. After that small, almost insignificant act, Hogwarts as we...