The Claim ✔️ *Editing*

Von felisidy901

Brinn has known Alpha Titus as a close family friend since she was ten years old. He was like a big brother t... Mehr

Prologue
1. Change In Scenery
2. Missed Me?
3. Easy There Tiger
4. Off We Go
5. Second Home
6. Work Flow
7. You Call This A Party?
8. Betrayal
9. Truth
10. When Reality Hits
11. Adjustments
12. Mating Ceremony
13. Responsililities
14. Pack Run
15. Leaving So Soon?
16. Unexpected
17. Training
18. New Person, Same Old Mistakes
19. Just One Drink
20. Spill
21. Walk Away
22. Finally Home
23. Back To Normal
24. I Fall Apart
25. Today's the Day
26. Reunion*
27. Calm Before the Storm
28. Don't Get Too Comfortable
29. Coming To Terms
30. Judgment Day
31. Waiting Game
32. Don't Be Angry With Me
33. The Truth Always Comes Out
34. Flawed
36. Certianty
37. Priorities
38. The Choices We Make
39. Vanished
40. Unspoken Words
41. New Home
42. Silence
43. All Seriousness
44. New Reality
45. Stand Still
46. New Beginnings
Epilogue

35. It's Time

139K 3.3K 330
Von felisidy901

Two weeks later...

I sat in the chair across from my mother's hospital bed, bouncing my leg by force of habit. My brain was working overtime as all of my thoughts and feeling came barreling in all at once.

The rest of the pack left last week for the funerals. As the alpha and Luna, we were supposed to be there. He wasn't happy about my decision to stay behind, but I wasn't quite ready to leave my mother.

She hadn't woken up since the accident. No one voiced their worries, but deep down we all  began to wonder if  she was ever going to wake up. I couldn't handle losing my mother. Titus and I had decided that today was the day I went home, but I was starting to have regrets. 

My Dad walked in with a small smile on his face, it quickly dropped once his eyes met my mother's still body. He had gotten back into his pack work a week ago, it kept him busy. Which kept him from thinking about my mother's situation. The pack was happy to have their alpha back, but longed for their Luna as well.

"You ready to go back to your pack ladybug?" He asked as he sat next to me. I sighed then crossed my arms over my chest. "I don't know daddy, I think I should just stay another week."

He sighed then dropped his arm over my shoulder. "You need to go home to your mate. You can't keep putting your life on hold." I shook my head stubbornly. "What if she wakes up and I'm not here? What kind of daughter would that make me?"

"She will understand Brinnley. Now more than ever is the time for you to be with your mate." He stared down at my stomach then smiled. My stomach had grown over the past few weeks, anyone with eyes could tell I was midway into my pregnancy. The thought of  labor still frightened me, and the closer I got to my due date the more nervous I became.

My father rubbed my back soothingly. "Go change clothes and get ready to go. Titus will be here in an hour." I nodded then stood. "Okay."

Walking out of the infirmary I caught a lot of glances from the pack members. Almost all of their eyes landed on my stomach. I was past the point of hiding it. If they saw it they saw it. I had no shame in being pregnant. Many of the pack members stopped by to congratulate me on my new addition.

I began biting my lip when my eyes landed on Carter and Genevieve. Carter's eyes lit up as they walked towards me. "Oh wow look at you! Pregnancy is doing you well, you're glowing."

"Thanks Genevieve." She nudged Carter in his side then smiled back at me. "Uh yeah Brinn you look great."

I chuckled, "Thanks."

"What are you having?" Genevieve asked.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know yet. Not that it matters to me though." I didn't care if I had a boy or girl. That's why I wasn't rushing to find out what I was having, and because I hate doctor visits. As long as my pup was healthy I was happy.

"Hopefully the moon goddess blesses Carter and I with a pup this year." Her features hardened as the words left her mouth. Carter tensed, then diverted his attention towards the ground.

It was no secret that they had been trying to have a pup since they had been together. Sadly their attempts had been unsuccessful.

Many of the pack members declared Genevieve a barren wolf. I just think the timing wasn't right.

I grabbed both of their hands in mine. "Don't worry, the moon goddess will bless you with many pups when she thinks you are ready."

Then both smiled as their eyes met mine. "Thanks Brinn." Carter said. 

"No problem. I should probably go."

"Yeah, we'll keep in touch." Genevieve added.

I shot them a smile before I continued on my way to the pack house.

***

I threw on a light grey sweatshirt and black leggings. One thing I grew to understand was wearing comfortable clothes was a requirement while pregnant. I will never understand how women wore heels when they're pregnant.

I tied my red converse then straightened my unruly wavy hair. It wasn't the best job, but it was decent. I walked over to my dresser and gather the remainder of my clothes. Once the clothes were inside of my bag, I zipped it up then placed it on my shoulder. Just in time for Titus to pull into the pack house.

A smile formed across my face as Titus got out of my white Range Rover. I grabbed my phone then headed out of my room. I tried to calm myself as I went down the stairs.

Being pregnant I had to be a lot more careful doing everyday things, such as going down the stairs. I almost had an incident the other night going down the stairs to quickly. Luckily my brother was right behind me and pulled me up before something horrible happened.

Owen called out to me once I reached the last step. I turned and smiled as I spotted him at the top of the stairs. He met me downstairs then pulled me into a hug. "I'm going to miss you sis." I rubbed his back soothingly before he pulled away. "I'm going to miss you too, but you can visit anytime okay?"

"Yeah of course."

"How's Penelope?" I asked.

His face turned stone cold, and the light in his eyes disappeared instantly. "She's fine physically, but emotionally..." He said casually.

"She'll be fine. Penelope's strong." I rested my hand on his shoulder. "Those fúckers are going to pay for everything they did." He clenched through his teeth.

"Hey it's okay to be angry, but don't let anger change who you are." He sighed, "I know, but how can I not be angry. Dad refuses to do anything. He wants to just wash his hands free of the situation."

I crossed my hands over my chest and stared down at my shoes. "It's probably for the best O."

"How can you say that? Our mother is lying on her death bed!" My eyes snapped up to meet mine. "Hey! Don't say that! Let's just not talk about it okay?" I whisper-yelled.

He shoved his hands into his pockets and sighed. "Okay."

"Let me get your bags." He grabbed my bags then placed it onto his shoulder. "Thanks." My brother and I walked outside the pack house and onto the porch where my father and Titus were having a casual conversation. You could sense the tension a mile away.

Titus's eyes instantly met mine the second we walked out. My lips formed into a smile as a blush appeared on my cheeks. Owen stared between the both of us then scoffed.

"I missed you." He said as he walked closer towards me. My dad and brother made themselves busy by putting my bags into the trunk of the Range Rover.

Titus pulled me to his chest then buried his nose into the crook of my neck. Bitting my lip I placed my arms swiftly around his neck. He pulled away, and I couldn't help but smile as his wolf's golden eyes grazed over his hazel ones.

I cupped his cheek with my right hand. "I've missed you too my alpha wolf." His eyes lit up with excitement as he placed a hand over my stomach. My dad cleared his throat, not caring if he ruined the mood or not. We both pulled away and turned towards my dad. "Well all your bags are in the trunk."

My brother was leaning against the car with a smirk on his face. "How ironic? We're back to we're we started before your birthday. "He said, referring to our current situation. We all narrowed our eyes. He held his hands up in defense. "Sorry, touchy subject...my bad."

My dad pulled me into one last hug. "I'll update you everyday." I nodded my head against his shoulder. After we pulled away he gave Titus a firm look. "I don't doubt you will, but as a father I have to tell you to take care of my girl and my grandpup."

He nodded, "Of course Richard."

Once I reached the car I brought Owen into a hug. "Don't give daddy a hard time. He's trying okay?" I whispered into his ear. He sighed then nodded. I pulled away then placed a kiss on his cheek. "Talk to you soon bro."

Titus held the door open for me as I stepped into the passenger side. I put my seatbelt on once he closed the door. He entered his side then started up the engine. We waved goodbye to my brother and dad then took off.

I grabbed the aux cord and hooked up my phone.

Titus groaned, "Not this again." I shook my head and chuckled. "My car, my music."

He eyed me from the corner of his eyes then smirked. "Yes but if I remember correctly, I was the one who bought this car." I crossed my arms over my chest. "Are you taking it back now?"

"No, I'm just saying." I playfully rolled my eyes then pressed play on my Spotify playing. I reclined my seat back then placed my feet on the dash. This was going to be a long ride, might as well get comfortable.

An hour into the drive Titus turned the music down. "You don't have bad music taste, it's just weird." I sat up in my seat. "How?"

He shook his head, "It just doesn't make sense. How do you go from Mac Demarco to Kendrick Lamar?" We both burst into a fit of laughter.

"Touché." I said once I had finally caught my breath. I sat back in my seat then stared at the roof of the car. I was already bored and we were only an hour into the ride. "So who's running the pack right now?" I asked.

"Ryan and my father."

"Oh okay."

After another 3 hours of driving we stopped at a McDonald's for food. Once we got our food we were back on the road. We talked about the pack and the pup while we ate our food. I placed our trash into an empty bag then sat back into my seat. "I'm full." I said as I rubbed my stomach. Titus glanced down at me then smiled.

"Hey, what happened to Ron?" I asked. His smile quickly disappeared as he tightened his grip on the steering wheel. "I took care of him."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I sat up.

He let out a huff of breath, the glared at me. "Let's not do this right now okay?" I nodded then sank back into my seat.

As a Luna, I should be able to know these things. But it was clear Titus didn't have the same way of thinking.

I sighed then turned on my side, letting sleep slowly come.

***

Ya girl is back on schedule! So I don't have an ending set for this book yet but I'm thinking around 45-50 chapters I'll start wrapping it up. I'm really excited to  dive into the sequel, it's gonna be epic guys! I hope y'all are as excited as I am! Brinn and Titus will be making appearances in the sequel as well. But it is Owen's story, so if ya love ma boy Owen you're going to like the sequel.

Anyways Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! It really means a lot. 💙

Song:
Seasons Run~ The xx

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

2.2K 103 30
Tyler Price only loves two things his little sister Skylar and pack. As Alpha of Silver Moon Pack, at the age of 19. Him and his wolf Alex couldn't c...
1.2M 36.3K 42
THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WAIT ANYWERE FROM 4-8 WEEKS TO START READING THIS! Feel free to just add it to your...
557 29 3
THIS IS AN EXCERPT. Find the full, edited version of Fighting Fate on Galatea. This novel is the first in the Fated series. The second novel is Vici...
653K 15.5K 44
Broken by soul, broken by heart. Valeria is Alpha's daughter who has been through lot of loss. She's in no rush finding her mate, so you can imagine...