XY XX

By AmariOkito

Xenia N'Diaye is that girl, the one with the issues who majors in making the wrong decisions, especially thos... More

xxEvery WOMANxx
NEW DAWN
CHAPERONE
OPEN OFFICE
MUSICAL CHAIRS
MINION
NIGHTMARE
COFFEE MACHINE
TINA
STUNT WOMAN
LAWNMOWER
LIKE YOU
ALIBI
REMEDY
SECRET
HAIRDO
UNTOUCHABLE
MISCONCEPTION
HARDBALL
SNACK ATTACK
THE CASE OF THE EX
FEVER
MEDICINE
COINCIDENCE
DOOR TO DOOR
THE OATMEAL THEORY
DECENT PSYCHO
PLAGUE
THERE
QUESTION
JUST A DANCE
xyThe WEDDING
CARESS
HEAVY
TOM AND JERRY
BEDTIME STORY
OASIS
TESTOSTERONE
JEALOUSY
SISTERS
GIRL TALK
NORMALITY
WHAT LOVERS DO
ROMANCE KNOT
D-DATE
CUSTODY
The KEEPER
ROLLAND GARROS
FEAR OF FALLING
LASAGNA ISSUE
CONFLICT
FEAR OF FLYING
NO PLAY
REASONS WHY
FOX
ROSES
GARDENER
UNRAVEL
KNOTTED LIES
CHOP FOR CHANGE
NO THANK YOU
OPTION
BACK TO ONE
BOOK ME UP
VRAI FRIEND
LEAVING
Woo YOU
TROUBLEMAKER
DRAMA ZONE
ENTANGLED
BYE LOVE
RUNAWAY
CINDERELLA PART II
THE DEAL
RICH MAN'S WORLD
THE CONDITION
AFTERMATH
PHOBIA
SAD STORY
WAKE UP CALL
THE BET
THE MAN
ALL IS LOVE
BLUE
PRINCESS TALE
FAMILY
THE MOMENT
BIRTHS
xxBONUS: Phuket with love

MOM UNCHAINED

2.3K 174 52
By AmariOkito

An early bird used to short nights and days that looked like weeks Gregory rose with the sun. Xenia still slept; he turned her on the side to stop her from snoring. Now she slept peacefully facing him, gorgeous Gregory thought.

Usually, he would have slipped away, but Xenia wasn't a one night stand to whom you left a note. He wanted to see her wake up, have breakfast with her if she permitted it. Gregory already accorded the woman a status above. The ball was on her side of the court. All that followed depended on Xenia.

"Meow."

Gregory's eyes roamed around the room; Oasis sat on a chair, staring at him with inquisitive eyes. How long was she there? Wondered Gregory, who hoped the cat wasn't a witness his foreplay with Xenia.

"Meow."

"Chut, your mistress, is sleeping. Cut her some slack; she had a rough night," Gregory whispered.

"Meow."

"Yes, I'll take care of her, I promise."

Oasis jumped off from the chair and left the room as if she was satisfied with his answer.

Gregory felt like everything was foreseen long ago. Wendon had asked him why he had made a last-minute change concerning his referent.

It was one of those things, an unexplainable phenomenon. Gregory's focus was on the notes he sent Wendon until the crashing sound of opening doors came to trouble him.

An employee, putting on her heels and crossing half of the room instead of quietly taking place at the back, disturbed him. He quickly clicked on the company's organizational chart to find out who she was. From the moment Xenia N'Diaye's name appeared on his screen, it was as clear as spring water. He wanted to know more.

A monotonous life filled with board meetings, business trips, and hotel rooms, Gregory was bored. He visited the world met people, women plenty, yet all left him tasteless, making him miss his military life.

Back then, his life was almost incompatible with a relationship. At least it was what he convinced himself. After the army, it was difficult for him to connect and relate to people, but Xenia, the woman, angered, annoyed, provoked him more than anyone else.

She was dangerously enticing; some people would say he was under the spell of exotism. Sure he had never been with a black woman, but he had never given it a thought or measured the probabilities of doing so.

Xenia's skin color didn't fascinate Gregory, though now under the morning light, he admired and touched the silkiness of her brown complexion, realizing he fancied everything about her. From the woman's, the tiny curls of her hair to the tattoo on her foot.

Every relationship ended the same way for Gregory; she would point out his lack of investment and that he was married to his job. On his side, the man would shake the relationship off, thinking it wasn't meant to be. The few women who accepted being with him were aware of his lifestyle. Therefore, he had nothing to reproach himself. Maybe it wouldn't be any different now, but it was Xenia Miss Unpredictable.

Vibrations that made mini waves on the bed pushed Gregory to search what it was. Xenia's phone had four missed calls; it vibrated again. The caller was:

QUEEN aka MOM

"Xenia, Xenia," Gregory said, waking her up. Perhaps the matter was urgent.

"Good morning, Gregory."

Darn phone, thought Gregory, who would have gladly lingered in bed.

"Xenia, your phone keeps buzzing; it's your mom," Gregory said, handing over her phone.

"Hello, mom."

"Xenia, what are you doing? I've been calling for an hour," Ann-Catherin said with her sweet accent from the tropics.

"I slept late; it was Aurelie's wedding yesterday," Xenia sat up.

"I see, anyway, I'm dropping off Sia."

"Tell me when you get here."

"I'm entering your building; I want to drop her off and have coffee with you before going to church."

Xenia's mind crossed checked the information she received.

"What did you just say?"

"I'm hanging up; I'm getting in the lift."

One beep later, and she was gone.

"Oh my God, oh my God, you have you get out, Gregory."

"What?"

"My mother is in the lift; I have to get you out."

"Leave me in the bedroom."

"No, you don't know my mom, Columbo, Hercule Poirot, Sherlock Holmes, they were all inspired by her. She will sniff you out; you have to get out."

Xenia got out of her bed, picked up Gregory's clothes, and shoved them in his hands.

"Let me get dressed."

Gregory was almost amused to see Xenia panic as a teen caught redhanded.

"No one except us lives on this floor; you can cross in your undies."

"No way, Xenia."

XYXX

Xenia wasn't listening; she shoved Gregory into the living room when she heard the click of the unlocking door. Yes, her mom had the codes since she had no secrets up till now.

"Good lord," said her mother seeing Xenia in her robe and Gregory topless with only his trousers on. Ann-Catherine covered her grandaughter's eyes as if the scene was +18.

"Xenia."

"Mom, ehㅡ."

"Who's?"

Ann-Catherine didn't even get to finish as Xenia was pushing the man down her corridor.

"Gregory is leaving. Bye, Gregory," Xenia said between gritted teeth as she faced him.

"Hello Gregory," Sia said, not under her grandmother's hands, which covered half her face.

"Hello, Sia, and Goodbye, Madame," Gregory said as he slipped on his shirt and walked to the entrance, followed by Xenia.

"I'm sorry about this," Xenia whispered as he opened the door.

Gregory smiled, "It's okay; hope you don't get grounded."

In other circumstances, Xenia would have joked along, but now wasn't the time. As she was about to close the door, Gregory whispered, "wait."

"What?" Xenia said, almost exasperated, till Gregory gave her a small kiss on her forehead and another on her lips, making the butterflies in Xenia's stomach flap their wings in unison. The dream faded away with the shut door; it was time to face reality.

Ann-Catherin's eyes widened, "so this is why you leave your daughter to me so that you can invite men over."

"Mom, please, it's not what you think."

"Then what is it? I'm not senile yet. The guy didn't come here to play patty cake," Ann-Catherine said with eyes popping like golf balls.

Oh, my goodness,

I hope Xenia's argument with her mother didn't shock you. It really felt real for me when I wrote.

Please don't judge Xenia's mother or Xenia too harshly. For me, people say things; sometimes, they don't mean what they say, but it hurts to hear. Moms are awesome guys, cherish them. I would give anything even to have a trashy argument like this one with mine.

Poor Gregory, the ship barely sailed, and now this!

Stay tuned

Xoxo

Thank you for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

217K 7.6K 25
Him coming back was all it took to turn her world upside down. Harper Collins is perfectly content with where her life is at. Is it perfect? No. But...
960K 45.9K 37
"Look," he said sternly, his green eyes blazing with anger as he looked down at the small woman before him. The dark skin that covered her body made...
694K 24.3K 32
Wattys 2015 Winner - New Adult Romance. Highest ranking in ChickLit - #7. When Beth George runs into an ex-boyfriend who came out to her in high scho...
2.8M 91.6K 66
**FREE STORY + paid bonus content** Can you fall in love with someone from the sound of their voice? No, that's silly... Eight years after losing her...