XY XX

By AmariOkito

Xenia N'Diaye is that girl, the one with the issues who majors in making the wrong decisions, especially thos... More

xxEvery WOMANxx
NEW DAWN
CHAPERONE
OPEN OFFICE
MUSICAL CHAIRS
MINION
NIGHTMARE
COFFEE MACHINE
STUNT WOMAN
LAWNMOWER
LIKE YOU
ALIBI
REMEDY
SECRET
HAIRDO
UNTOUCHABLE
MISCONCEPTION
HARDBALL
SNACK ATTACK
THE CASE OF THE EX
FEVER
MEDICINE
COINCIDENCE
DOOR TO DOOR
THE OATMEAL THEORY
DECENT PSYCHO
PLAGUE
THERE
QUESTION
JUST A DANCE
xyThe WEDDING
CARESS
MOM UNCHAINED
HEAVY
TOM AND JERRY
BEDTIME STORY
OASIS
TESTOSTERONE
JEALOUSY
SISTERS
GIRL TALK
NORMALITY
WHAT LOVERS DO
ROMANCE KNOT
D-DATE
CUSTODY
The KEEPER
ROLLAND GARROS
FEAR OF FALLING
LASAGNA ISSUE
CONFLICT
FEAR OF FLYING
NO PLAY
REASONS WHY
FOX
ROSES
GARDENER
UNRAVEL
KNOTTED LIES
CHOP FOR CHANGE
NO THANK YOU
OPTION
BACK TO ONE
BOOK ME UP
VRAI FRIEND
LEAVING
Woo YOU
TROUBLEMAKER
DRAMA ZONE
ENTANGLED
BYE LOVE
RUNAWAY
CINDERELLA PART II
THE DEAL
RICH MAN'S WORLD
THE CONDITION
AFTERMATH
PHOBIA
SAD STORY
WAKE UP CALL
THE BET
THE MAN
ALL IS LOVE
BLUE
PRINCESS TALE
FAMILY
THE MOMENT
BIRTHS
xxBONUS: Phuket with love

TINA

2.5K 214 137
By AmariOkito

"Impossible."

Xenia looked about, thinking it was her mouth that had run its usual laps, but it was Priscilla who gasped the word in the realization of the task Gregory asked.

"Eh, ㅡem, Gregoryㅡ."

"I said by the end of the day, Xenia," Gregory said before dodging her to make himself some coffee.

Xenia and Priscilla left the coffee room; it was a race against the clock.

"You see what I told you he's terrorizing me," Xenia said to the colleagues who gathered around her as she connected to Artiss.

"Oh, Xenia, as much as I would like to defend you, you did call the man a prick. I'm surprised he didn't take you somewhere to whip you," Priscilla said.

"Eh, Priscilla, you should stop reading those Harlequin books on the Relays bookshelf while you wait for the train," François said.

"Xenia, honestly, I love working with you. I'm going to miss your chronicle dissing."

"Please don't say that, Mariam!"

"Ahem."

Everyone scattered like pool balls on a snooker table at the four corners of the room as Gregory came back.

"Xenia fighting," Miko, who sat across from her, gestured.

The woman smiled timidly at the encouragement before looking at Gregory, who was already typing frantically on his computer.

At noon when everybody left for lunchtime, Xenia decided to do a harakiri.

"Ah, Gregory."

There was no one around, and she had texted Niki to tell her she wouldn't eat out of the office for she had too much work.

"Yes, Xenia."

"About this morning-"

"What about?" Gregory asked without lifting his head.

"I wanted to apolololooㅡ."

Gregory lifted his head, his eyes piercing like laser beams.

"I wanted to apololooㅡ."

"What's with the broken record Xenia, this isn't what I'm used to."

"Sorry."

"Pardon, I didn't hear you," Gregory lifting his head to see Xenia's sad expression.

"Sorry, okay!"

There was a knock on the office door.

"Gregory, it's lunchtime. Remember humans eat," Wendon said.

"Oh, Wendon, I'm coming, and Xenia, I still want the report," Gregory said. He picked up his jacket and left.

"Argh, shit, shit," Xenia said as soon as the door closed.

"What was that about?" Wendon asked.

"She called me a prick, an obnoxious constipated prick, and amongst things, I took my revenge."

"Ouch," Wendon said before bursting into laughter, "I would have paid to see the face you had. By the way, there's a question I wanted to see with you. Why did you switch Cassie Jensen for Xenia N'Diayé at the last minute?"

"I was curious."

"About what?" Wendon asked as they went to swipe their badges and leave the building.

"I wanted to understand why she isn't promoted despite her results. This goes without saying Xenia's mouth is extreme prejudice on its own. Oh, did you get the information I asked earlier?"

"Yes, Anya Fernster has been renting the apartment for the last three years, and they know each other very well if you know what I'm saying."

Wendon's words made Gregory flinch and stop in his tracks.

"What are you implying?"

"Let's say Xenia; the warrior prefers Oysters and slurping."

"That's ridiculous; those are stupid rumors," Gregory said, resuming his march and entering the restaurant Jaila booked.

"Hey, I didn't make it. I arrived yesterday with you, remember. We can ask Jaila; it's her department."

"Ask me what?" Jaila asked as they arrived at their table.

"Gregory wants to knowㅡ."

"Shut it, Wendon."

Gregory hated when his two friends ganged upon him. As usual, he attempted a diversion.

"How was your night, Jaila?"

"Long, the others think we've joined a sorority; they wanted to go around the bars."

"How about you, Wendon?"

"The place is a palace; it's a penthouse, Gregory. You sure you don't want to go there?"

"No, I'm fine where I am."

"Ah, ah, what are you hiding Gregory, is Mrs. Fernster hot?" Wendon asked, cocking his eyebrows in an enthusiastic motion.

As usual, Gregory didn't shy away. Instead, he hardened his expression.

"Even if she is, Gregory won't touch her," Jaila said with a sly smile.

Gregory felt as though they were back on the war field, where Jalia always came to the rescue.

"Are you two done? We've got 35 minutes to have lunch now."

"Gregory, calm down," Jaila said.

"Oh, Jaila, do you want to laugh?" Wendon said with a Jackal's grin.

"Go on."

Wendon told her about Xenia and Gregory's altercation. The two gave each other an accomplice look before bursting into laughter.

"Children, I swear I work with children."

XX XY

"Xenia, here, I bought you a sandwich."

"Do you know how much I love you?

"No, tell me more," Niki replied while pretending to fan herself.

"It's a nightmare, I swear."

"Don't start. I already heard about your prick business; seriously, Xenia, you are supposed to lay low with the apartment issue and all."

Niki was in her mother hen mode, pushing Xenia to use her baby voice while making a sad emoji face.

"I know, I know, but I can't help it every time I see Gregory's face. I can't control myself. It's stronger than me; my brain says to attack," Xenia said while moving her hands in the air like a cat scratching someone's face.

"Anyway, I saw with Anya, and she said she was cool, she'll tell them you two are besties.

"Oh, thank you," Xenia said, hugging her friend's waist.

"I love your wig."

"Thanks, no one complimented me. Look, I even wore my new pumps," Xenia said, lifting a leg to show her new heels.

"They are gorgeous; I wish I could work with heels like you ."

Niki preferred wearing ballerinas to work; she would have opted for the hospital orthopedic footwear if they were considered trendy and sexy as comfort primed in the coordinator's mind.

"You want me to show you how to walk."

"Not now, Xenia, work, talk to you later," Niki said, jumping off Xenia's desk as the office was starting to fill up again.

Gregory, too, was right on time; he didn't even throw a glance at Xenia, who worked silently. He typed lips curving into a little smile as he recalled Xenia's mediocre apology.

Gregory had to admit it was nice seeing Xenia sweat throughout the day; she did give him a hard time, but it was almost amusing.

Good God, the woman, is turning you into a sadomasochist, Gregory thought as he typed.

The day was almost over, everyone left on time, and Gregory remained to watch Xenia like a teacher observes kids in detention.

Gregory stayed 30 minutes more.

"Xenia, it's over."

"No, No, it isn't; there are 24 hours in a day I have until midnight," she said from her desk typing.

Gregory lifted his hands in despair; the woman was more stubborn than a mule.

"Gregory," Jaila said as she stepped into the workspace.

"Hello, "Jaila greeted Xenia.

"Hi," Xenia replied as she typed.

Jalia threw a gaze at Xenia again before focusing on Gregory, "we're going to eat coming?"

"Yes, just a moment, Xenia, I thought you didn't do overtime."

"I said the day is not over."

Pride, Xenia had more pride than a roaster, Gregory thought. Xenia refused to admit defeat even squashed up against the wall. She fought beyond reasoning.

Gregory couldn't help but think they were alike in that sense; as he put on his jacket, closed his case, and left with Jaila.

Once at the building reception, he asked the security guards to note when Xenia left Astoria.

Alone, Xenia logged into her Deezer playlist, "Tina, help your little sis out here."

Tina's Turner voice howled with proud Mary.

"Alright, Gregory, let me show you what Xenia Symoné N' diayé is all about."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 20.8K 29
II FEATURED II "What if? Just for tonight, we gave in?" "I'm going to make sure you can never get me out of your mind after tonight." I felt her bac...
519K 15.9K 59
AN OPPOSITES ATTRACT ROMANCE WITH BITE! **** 'Do you feel that? That's the sound of an alive heart. I don't know what it is about you, Candice, but s...
694K 24.3K 32
Wattys 2015 Winner - New Adult Romance. Highest ranking in ChickLit - #7. When Beth George runs into an ex-boyfriend who came out to her in high scho...
338K 11.7K 41
Angelina's life took a turn when she left her father's country for New York City because of a scholarship she received. With her drowning in her self...