Secretly Different (A Naruto...

By Nora_Onnanoko

Will be rewritten To protect his hometown the young boy trained to be what people call a 'ninja'. The boy gr... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - I have to WHAT?!
Chapter 2 : A Bit of Enlightenment
Chapter 3: Meet Konohamaru and Team 7
Chapter 4:The Dumb Bell Test
Chapter 5: The Mission
Chapter 6:Acquiring the Sharingan-1
Chapter 7:I Will Find You.
Chapter 8: Acquiring the Sharingan-2
Chapter 9 : Sakura's Quest
Chapter 11 : Welcome to the Forest of Death
Chapter 12 : The Passcode
Chapter 13: Meanwhile and beyond
Chapter
Chapter 14: Is this Naruto?
Chapter 15 : The Seal of Heaven
Chapter 16 : Sakura's Resolve part 1
Chapter 16:Sakura's Resolve Part 2
Chapter 17:Hey, Pervy Sage
IM ALIVE
Chapter 18: Round 3

Chapter 10 : Start Your Engines,the Chunin Exams Begin

11.1K 287 204
By Nora_Onnanoko

The moment Naruto had been brought back to Konoha , he saw Danzo waiting for him.

"You're risking my identity! Bringing me back like this...." He hissed, at that point Naruto didn't care for any higher authorities.

"But we're saving you're life." Danzo said he was enjoying this a lot.

"I can take care of my life well thank you very much." Naruto spat

"Listen, you damn brat, if you go on such missions again without the knowledge and permission of all four of us , it's the root cells for you." Danzo's voice never rose over a whisper , barely, but just enough for the blonde to hear."Remove this dumb transformation , it makes me want to hurl."

Naruto did as he was told. It wasn't a bad idea.

"You've done talking, am I right ? Well then I'm off. I really hope you don't show up around somewhere." The last sentence was nothing but incoherent mumbles to Danzo..

As Naruto had left,Danzo just
stared,he was going to stop Naruto from taking his position. He would be the best Hokage o f the village. He had despised Minato, the fourth.He had even the position in his hands and such a brat had to come and steal it from him.

He despised Naruto as much as he despised Minato.That little shit had gone up the ranks much quicker than his father.

He was gonna take the boy down.

______

"Naruto!" The Hokage said "Are you listening!?"

"Well, uh...um..."

"I said that as well as participating in the chunin exams, you will have to guard the area. What will you do?"

"Don't worry old man, this will be a piece of cake."

_______

A few days later , Konohamaru had invited Naruto to play , with his friends and him.

"He, Konohamaru, choose a better place to hide, or finding you and defeating you will be easy." Naruto said, looking at the boy he just tagged.

"Oi, Naruto , you idiot!" A voice called.

Sakura was walking towards the duo.

"Hey boss , is that your girlfriend?" The unknowing boy asked

. . .

(Standby)

*Screaming noises with continued censor bleeps*

"YOU KNOW WHAT?"Konohamaru declared , " YOU'D NEVER BE ANYONE'S GIRLFRIEND , YOU'RE TOO UGLY"

"You....." Sakura ran after the boy, who seemed to be enjoying himself.

That is until he crashed into someone. The eldest son of the Kazekage, Kankuro stood looking with a disapproving face next to the oldest of the Sand siblings, Temari.

Naruto was glad he didn't follow them too far, he was going to talk to Gaara, the youngest of the trio and like Naruto, a jinchuriki.

______

Apparently Sasuke 'saved' Konohamaru from his bully before Naruto could make his appearance with his proper uniform and mask.

Naruto perched himself next to Gaara.

Gaara gave him a dirty look but didn't say anything.

When Kankuro noticed the jinchuriki duo, he got scared and explained while Temari stood there worried if anything would happen to Gaara and trigger him transform.

"Why are you even here?" Sasuke asked.

"Haven't you heard, the chunin exams are going to begin." Temari said.

Sakura shook her head, "We didn't." She said.

Gaara  then gave a silent farewell to Naruto as he got off the tree and motioned his siblings to walk away with him.

"Teishi suru!" Sasuke said, "O namae wa nan desu ka?"

"Boku wa Subaku no Gaara, anata mo?"*

"Sasuke Uchiha....... desu"

Politeness didn't come naturally to the him, but that guy was someone Sasuke had to get to know.
"Wait," Konohamaru mused "Where is boss Naruto?"

Naruto quickly teleported himself to the Hokage office.

(Teishi suru- stop , halt , wait, etc.
O namae wa nan desu ka- What is you're name?
Boku wa- I am. Anata mo - and you?)

_______

The venue was filled with people who had wished to be chunin for years, glaring at them. Naruto ignored their glares and went to talk to Kiba.

"Hmph, I bet only Sasuke and Sakura did all the work." Kiba said, envious that team 7 had  got a special mission.
He was also positive that his knucklehead friend couldn't be capable of fighting someone who beat Sasuke.

Shikamaru just listened to the conversation analysing every word, was Naruto hiding something?

"Fine then!" Naruto exclaimed."I UZUMAKI NARUTO WILL BECOME A CHUNIN AND SHOVE IT ON YOU'RE FACE!"

It was at times like these that Kurama wished he had a smarter jinchuriki.

The already glaring faces radiated more hatred than before.How dare a rookie say that?

A white haired boy approached the newbies. "You seem to have upset them, Naruto-kun."said a kind voice.

"Oh, excuse my manners, I am Yakushi Kabuto.Could I be of any use to you?"

That's when Sasuke intervened "What exactly can you do to help us?"

"I have information cards of all the candidates participating."

"Let me see."

_________

Ibiki had explained the rules to all the candidates already.

Most of them were racking their heads of, many got caught cheating.

Naruto just sat and watched everyone racked their minds to find the answer.

So, this is what it is about.
He thought.

Naruto looked at the paper in front of him,these weren't questions a genin would know.

So you have to copy, without being caught.

A good idea, but what is the 10th question?

Itachi had told him something, what was it that he said?

Naruto put his hands on his head , resting it on the bench, to think.

Sakura, a few rows behind, looked at Naruto , worry evident in her expression.

These questions weren't a piece of cake, it would be even harder for the dumb blonde.

'Haha,' Sasuke thought as he copied from a person two rows ahead of him 'these Sharingan are the most useful things ever.'

Teams had slowly got eliminated and the time was almost up.Naruto was dead scared, he hadn't even answered one question.Hinata even offered him help, as she was sitting next to him, but he refused knowing the true objective of the test.

"It looks like time is up. Everyone listen carefully." Ibiki said.

"Choosing the 10th question is optional, however if you take it and get it wrong, you with you're team cannot participate in the chunin exams ever again.

However, you can choose to leave it, then you can take it again next time. Again ,the whole team will be disqualified.

So, what will it be?"

Naruto then realised what the test's motive was. He had heard of a thing like this before , from someone in the locker rooms.

After a lot of people got out, Naruto got bored of waiting.

___________________________
|Inspirational speech time|
|_________________________|

Naruto slowly raised his hand.

"Na-Naruto?" Sakura began, while Sasuke and Hinata looked up and the hand, surprised.
Naruto then slammed his hand on the bench.

"DON'T UNDERESTIMATE ME! I WONT RUN!

Even if I remain genin forever I'll take it. I plan on becoming Hokage one day, so it won't matter! I'm not afraid !"

Sasuke , Sakura and Hinata were glad.

"MY NINJA WAY IS TO NEVER GIVE UP!" He said

Hinata just blushed.

'Wow,' Ibiki thought , this kid just blasted away everyone's worries. Guess there is no more need to wait.'

"Good decisions , now for all those remaining..." He smirked.
"I congratulate you on passing this test."

"Eh!?"

_________
Extra

Hinata just blushed and fantasized like a fangirl.

_______________________
|Hinata's Mind Theater|
|__3______2______1____|

"Na-Na-Naruto-kun,I-i-i think that was nice of you."

Naruto takes Hinata on his lap and whispers into her ear
"Really, Hinata-chan, but you're nicer than anything I could do."

Hinata felt her face go red.

__________

"Earth to Hinata!"A voice interrupted her inner fangirl."Is she even alive?"

"Naruto-kun!" She exclaimed , extremely embarrassed.

"What?" Naruto said from behind , near Sakura and Sasuke.

Hinata fainted.

'Fangirls' Sasuke and Naruto thought and rolled their eyes.

"DON'T COPY ME!"
_____

Sup peeps?
Phew
Lucky me, I got time to create this. Let's thank my school vice-prefects and vice-captain for requesting me one extra holiday
OK.
Like I said before, either a really slow update or none at all till 29th or 30th. Exams suck a lot , don't they?

SYMPATHISE WITH ME.

okay then... SO LONG AND GOOD NIGHT! SO LONG AND GOODNIGHT!
(its night here, now)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 2.9K 48
She was known as Haruno by her classmates,but most older ninja know the truth. They used Haruno because her father heard someone was after him. But w...
75.1K 2.4K 57
ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ꜰᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ ɪɴᴛɪᴍɪᴅᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴅɪɢʏ ɪɴ ʜᴇʀ ᴄʟᴀɴ. ɪᴛ ᴡᴀꜱ ɴᴏ ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴋɴᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ᴋᴏɴᴏʜᴀ. ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴀʟʟ ᴋᴏɴᴏʜᴀ ɢᴜʏꜱ, ꜱʜᴇ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅ...
696K 9.8K 30
The Sage of the Six Paths, Asura (and Hashirama), Indra (and Madara) and Hamura have given Naruto a gift. After being disowned, Naruto: trains like c...
477 2 4
The Sandaime Hokage, having very little options put Naruto into the ANBU Black Ops Program in order to protect him, and throughout the years Naruto a...