Hopelessly Devoted | Hale- TO...

By multi_fandom2015

You know I'm just a fool who's willing To sit around and wait for you But, baby, can't you see There's nothin... More

Summary + Cast
1 | New Life
2 | The Call
3 | Lord Tristan de Martel
4 | Past, Present, and Future
5 | Strix Initiation
6 | I'm Here
7 | Family Conversations
8 | Making Their Move
9 | Interrogation
10 | Surprise Guests
11 | Thanksgiving Dinner
12 | Negotiation
13 | Lexi V. Tristan
14 | Bigger Problems
15 | Control Yourself
16 | Happy Family Christmas
17 | Get Out
18 | Battle Preparations
19 | Not Herself
20 | In Your Head
21 | A Fox
22 | Games
23 | White Oak Bullets
24 | Out Of Time
25 | We Are The Same
26 | Not The Same
28 | Your Fault
29 | Hello, Little Sister
30 | Spiral
31 | Lockdown
32 | Family Quarrel
33 | Last of the White Oak
34 | Into An Original
35 | Loophole
36 | Town of Our Sorrows
37 | Final Step
38 | Say Goodbye
39 | All My Heart
40 | Took Them
41 | Unworthy
42 | Sweet Camille
43 | Wake Up
44 | Warning System
45 | Excellent Runners
46 | I Hate You
47 | Friend, Foe, Family
48 | No Choice
49 | Intuition
50 | Bear Witness
51 | The Puzzle
52 | Gone
Epilogue
NEXT BOOK

27 | Doppelbitch's Boyfriend

2K 75 6
By multi_fandom2015

"I had no idea that Aya was gonna take Klaus and Elijah down!" Marcel exclaims for the thousandth time. Hayley just rolls her eyes as Lucien groans from his spot on the couch. Lexi stands behind the couch, her head hanging down. Derek is at her side, his hand on her back.

Cora speaks up from next to Hayley. "Also, why are we trusting this guy all of a sudden?" She turns to Lucien, her eyes narrowing. "He's the one who ran off with Aurora the first chance he got."

"You can hardly fault a man for following his heart," Lucien says weakly. "I'm sure your dear brother would know—"

Derek's hand shoots out to slap the back of Lucien's head. The vampire yelps, leaning away. "Shut up," Derek growls. The ends of Lexi's lips turn up for a moment.

"Anyway," Lucien turns away from Derek, scooting out of reach. "The moment she started raving about firing white oak into Klaus, well...words were said, hearts broken, veins drained."

"While on the subject of trust," Hayley glares at Marcel. "Who was it that handed my dead husband's heart to the people that helped murder him?"

"I bought your life with that heart," Marcel snaps. "But hey, you know what? You called me here, so if you have another plan, please, let's hear it."

"Simple. We storm the coven house, stop the Strix from completing the de-siring spell. Period," Hayley states.

Lexi shakes her head, biting her lip. Marcel scoffs, "Ok, well, that's easy for you to say. You're not sired by anybody, are you?"

"It's not just about de-siring," Lucien says. "We've got to stop an execution."

Marcel makes a face, walking over to the couch. "What are you talking about?"

"A lovesick teenage witch with a runner-up heart is somehow going to break the sire link? I'm sorry, but your darling Davina is in over her head, and Aya knows this." Lucien declares. "She will let Davina de-sire both brothers, then test the spell's success by firing a white oak bullet into Klaus' heart. I mean, it's win-win for her— if you live, Marcel, we'll, she's won. If not, at least she's eliminated the rival sireline, including me."

Derek turns to Lexi. She nods her head once, indicating that the vampire is right. It's a solid plan, one that Aya would most likely be using. It's also the worst case scenario.

Hayley sighs, having also seen the nod. "His prophecy witch said she saw Klaus die and his entire sireline with burn," she adds.

"She watched us fall, she watched us burn, every soul Klaus ever turned," Lucien sighs. Marcel's expression darkens to something worse than concern: fear. "When Aya tests this spell, Klaus will fall either way. And, if Davina fails, as she likely will," Lexi tenses as Lucien continues his rant. "The two of us will die as well."

"Actually," Lexi's head snaps up at the voice. A familiar vampire walks down the stairs, his eyes moving around the group. "Make that the three of us," Stefan Salvatore says.

Lexi stares at him, her lips parting in shock. Hayley also stands completely still, surprise written over her features. Lexi's eyes roam over his body, landing on his chest. Fear flickers over her expression as she senses the dark magic from his blood.

"Who the hell are you?" Cora demands, crossing her arms.

Stefan opens his mouth to speak, but Lexi beats him to it. "Stefan Salvatore," she greets, her voice hoarse.

Cora glances over her shoulder as Lexi carefully makes her way towards the vampire. "As in the doppelbitch's boyfriend?" Cora growls.

"As in the vampire who gave up his freedom for his brother," Lexi corrects her. Her eyes never leave Stefan's. "You have Rayna Cruise's mark on your chest."

"Long story." Stefan shrugs. "Maybe, after we save Klaus, we can exchange stories. Like how you aren't a vampire anymore?"

Lexi's eyes twitch. A long moment of silence passes before Lexi moves to the side, allowing Stefan to look at the maps on the table.

He notices Lexi glance at Derek, the both of them in a silent conversation. Suddenly, she rolls her eyes, glancing pointedly at the three vampires. She looks over at Cora, nodding once. Then she stares at Hayley, motioning for the hybrid to follow. She then disappears up the stairs.

Hayley growls under her breath. "Figure out a plan," she orders, following the blonde away from the group.

"So what happened to Lexi?" Stefan asks. "She usually looks like she wants to kill me."

"Oh, trust me, she wants you dead," Cora scoffs.

"And who are you?"

"Cora Hale," She glares at him, eyes flickering yellow. "Werewolf." She tilts her head in Derek's direction. "That's my older brother Derek. You hurt Lexi again, I'll kill you myself."

Derek crosses his arms in response.

"Like you would catch me." Stefan scoffs.

"After taunting her with her daylight necklace and almost burning her alive, I wouldn't bet on it," Derek deadpans.

"I see she's told you about our time together when she turned it off," Stefan clicks his tongue. "Damon's idea. Not mine."

"I don't care."

"Look, Lexi's a Mikaelson. She will always be a Mikaelson," Stefan says. "She's the good one, but good people always die in wars, so if you're upset about the whole linking thing—"

"You're just asking for it now," Cora lets her fangs free, taking a step forward.

"Whoa, there," Marcel steps in between them. "I don't know about your beef, but can it wait until after we get Klaus?"

"Can you promise I'll get to kick his ass?" Cora asks innocently.

"Um..."

"Then, no." Cora pushes Marcel aside, but she stops when Derek calls her name.

"Later, Cora."

Cora growls under her breath. "Watch out, vampire."

"Consider me scared." Stefan has the audacity to smirk.

Cora growls at him as he looks over the multitude of maps on the table. Derek keeps a close eye on the vampire, his green eyes scanning over everything. "We could use one of these access tunnels to slip into a back room," Stefan suggests, pointing at the map.

Lucien frowns, a hum escaping his lips. "What?" Cora snaps. "Worried about getting a little dirt on your thousand-dollar shoes?"

"Actually, I'll be doing most of the heavy lifting, since the vampires we're facing are, what? Fifty times your age, werewolf?" Lucien retorts. He looks at Stefan, "Seven times your age?" Stefan rolls his eyes. Cora's claws slide out of her fingertips. Derek shoots her a warning look.

Lucien turns to Marcel. "Is this really the best help we can get?"

"Doesn't matter," Marcel says. "We're not getting their bodies back. Strix from all over the world are flying in to make sure this spell goes off. They're guarding every entrance and exit."

Lucien makes a face. "Well, you're their leader. Call a meeting. Schedule a retreat. Order them to stop."

"Aya would have no problem staging a goddamn coup, which will only complicate things," Derek responds, sighing in frustration.

"Marvelous. I guess it's on me to come up with our grand plan, then." Lucien runs a hand down his face.

"No need, Lucien." Hayley's voice echoes as she, Lexi, and Freya join them. Freya stands next to Lexi, her arms crossed. Hayley walks up to the group, saying, "Freya and Lexi figured out a way to get the boys out of the chambre de chasse they are trapped in. They just need a strong enough power source."

"I'd channel Finn, but he's all for letting out brothers perish," Freya states. "So, we'll channel Lucien," she smirks at him. "The older the vampire, the better the battery."

"We're going to buy her some time, keep the Strix occupied," Hayley declares.

Lucien stares at them for a long moment before scoffing and turning to Marcel. "Wait, so you want me here holding hands with the leftover sisters while you take the toddlers and tackles the Strix?"

Cora growls at him.

He just laughs, "You must be—"

Lexi raises her hand and twists it at the wrist. Lucien' neck snaps to the side with a crack. He falls back onto the couch.

Stefan looks back at her, nodding in approval. "That was impressive."

"I work better in quiet," Lexi says, her expression a mask of disinterest.

"Wait," Marcel shakes his head. "So, the plan is that the five of us are gonna keep one hundred of the world's most ancient vampires occupied?"

Lexi's eyes flicker to Derek's. Again, they seem to have a silent conversation. In the end, Derek looks at Cora, who nods almost pleadingly. Derek nods at Lexi and she tenses up.

"Well," Stefan drawls. "There could be another way..." Marcel turns to him with a curious expression. "All you have to do is get us to the front door."

Who liked the StefanxLexi reunion? I know some people liked them together as a 'guilty pleasure' ship (basic_imperfection I'm looking at you, I love you), so here you go! Hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 2.4K 55
Who can say If I've been changed for the better? I do believe I have been changed for the better And because I knew you Because I knew you I have bee...
542K 14.3K 48
"I should tell you, I'm disaster." Lexi Mikaelson had pushed down her fears and regrets for too long. Will they finally come out into the open? Book...
304K 8.9K 29
❛i love everything about you and i wish i didn't i love you more then i've ever loved myself, and i think that's the problem❜ warning: incredibly che...
56.2K 1K 36
AU > The Originals - It's been 10 years since the Mikaelson's fell to the deadly Hollow. Rebekah and Marcel happily living in New York, Kol getting r...