Life's No Fairytale

Por RayshawnWrites

After serving four years in prison for an incident in Miami, a 32 year old Nathaniel Casey is released back i... Mais

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Texas Loves
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Florida Loves
Update
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
No more updates.

Chapter Seven

2.7K 180 82
Por RayshawnWrites

Friday...Date Night!!!

Nathaniel swept the barbershop floors Friday night, as a group of men sat around gossiping about the usual conversation about women and cosmetic procedures. It amused Nathaniel that majority of the men wanted a plastic bag for the rest of their lives.

"A woman goes through stages after pregnancy where her body changes and I am not for any of that shit. That's why I don't fuck with older women. They may be seasoned in the bedroom but, that ass be droopy as fuck.

"This nigga damn near a hunnit and talking about he don't fuck with "seasoned" women. Man, get the fuck outta here. You know damn well if a fine ass older woman came in the shop right now and looked all of twenty with good credit, you would hop on that." Dave said brushing hair off of his last client. "Her ass ain't gotta be real either." He added.

"Dave, we all know that you have had your share of fake asses so, what do you think since you are an expert?" The older gentlemen asked.

"Aight, look. I'm off the market so, I can't speak on the history of my hoe days BUT, I'll say this...It's no greater feeling than being able to hold a woman with a real ass." Dave laughed.

"What about girls with fake asses?" The old gentleman asked.

"What about them?" Dave turn to him fully waiting to be paid.

"Have you had good experiences while on the road? I mean you were out here cutting hair for celebs before wifey came along."

"Yeah, I smashed a few. Back then I really didn't have much respect for women like that so, I would smash just to say I hit and leave. I saw it as just pussy nothing else." He said truthfully. "My mans Nate will tell you, I was wild even before this barber shit."

"Yeah, he was a whole hoe out here, cuh." They men laughed. Nate shook his head continuing to sweep.

"Heard Ju, nigga." He laughed. "But on the real make sure you all cherish the woman you have whether her body is real or fake. They want to feel appreciated and deserve to be treated like Queens. Aight, my boy that'll be forty for the beard and cut." Dave removed the black cape cloth.

"Thanks man, this shit fresh. My lady gon' love this." His client folded a crisp hundred into Dave's palm. "Goodnight, everybody."

"I appreciate it man, night." Dave placed the bill into his pocket. "Yo, as much as I would love for y'all to stay and talk shit, I need to close up." He said earning a room full of sad sighs and comments. "Yeah, yeah. I know but, my kids wanted to do movie night and wifey will kick my ass if I'm late."

Once the shop was clean, Nate locked up the shop for Dave with his spare key and headed toward his car. All day he had been thinking of his date with Katrina. There was no doubt in his mind that she was the positive influence that both he and his daughter needed in their lives.

"Show time." Nathaniel sighed nervously not even having enough time to go home and shower.

⬛⬛⬛⬛

Katrina played with her fingers as she spoke to Dr. Simone Silver. She had a few tissues in her lap that were covered in mascara and eyeliner from the tears she'd cried.

"It's good to see that you are able to speak about the past and not run away. That means you are healing. How are you whenever a trigger strikes?" Dr.Silver pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose, sitting with her long legs crossed.

"The rain still gets me...anytime I hear lightening and thunder every method you've taught me about thinking of "happiness" goes out the window. I find a hiding spot and relive those events like it was yesterday." Katrina looked at her with glossy eyes. "I want to stop being scared but I don't know how. It's not like I have anyone in my life to protect me." She added.

"What about your friend's Candice and Cory? They both have helped you throughout the years, I don't think that neither one of them would appreciate that you are counting them out." Dr. Silver frowned writing on her notepad.

"I am not counting them out but, they have lives." Katrina huffed and ruffled her big hair.

"And, you don't? I mean look around, Katrina. Life happens to all of us. Yes, your friends have lives but so, do you. That still doesn't mean that they aren't going to be there for you." The doctor eyed her watch then Katrina gathering her things. 6:45pm

"If you say so. Thanks for the session, I'll see you, next Friday." Katrina stood with her bag and bottle of water in hand.

"Oh, Katrina before I forget...the letter I wanted to discuss with you...It's from Andre' requesting a signature for the final session via Skype. Also, I put in a new prescription at the pharmacy in case you need it. Here's the slip." Dr. Silver handed her a pen and the form first and then the small blue referral.

"Thank you, again."

"Anytime you need to talk call me, okay?" Katrina nodded and headed out of the office.

An hour later, Katrina entered her home only to be greeted by off-key singing and loud music blasting from the television set. She covered her ears and shouted at Candice and Tamia but they were too busy enjoying their dance party. So, instead of yelling and potentially losing her voice, Katrina walked over to them.

Song from Moana called How Far I'll Go

"See the line where the sky meets the sea?

It calls me

And no one knows

How far it goes

If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me

One day I'll know

If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go-AH!" The two belted at the top of their lungs and screamed when they felt the touch of Katrina's hand.

Candice turned the television off and held her chest. "You really scared us, we didn't know what time you planned on coming in and this little beauty couldn't wait for you to get here." She informed as Tamia hugged on her favorite teacher.

"I missed you." Tamia said as Katrina took a seat on the floor.

"I missed you too but you need to get ready for bed. I'm sure it would help your father a lot if you'd get washed up." Katrina kissed her forehead and smiled.

" We already got that covered and dinner too. And, shouldn't you be getting ready for something like a date perhaps?" Candice smirked.

"You have a date Ms. Lee, can I help you pick out your outfit? Daddy always tells me I have style." Tamia sat in her lap.

"Is that right? Well, I may need the both of you to help me out then." Just as they were getting up from the floor a knock hit the door. " One second."

"I will get that, you go start getting ready." Candice ordered. " Go on, if that's him I'll let him know that it slipped your mind just wear something that will make him forget." She winked.

⬛⬛⬛

Finally arriving to Katrina's, Nate turned off his headlights and grabbed the bouquet of flowers out of the car. He closed and locked the car door before looking himself over. Honestly, he wanted to slap himself for not leaving earlier than he should have. Popping his trunk, Nate placed the flowers on the hood of the car and removed the wrinkled shirt from his body. He quickly looked around him before grabbing the neatly pressed shirt and jeans.

"Yo, why don't you just go inside and change? She still in there getting ready." He turned his head to see Corey getting out of his car.

"Man, I don't think that would look good on my part." Corey smacked his lips.

"Her ass probably forgot about this damn date with her packed schedule. She better not say shit." Nate laughed.

"Aight, man." Nate grabbed his clothes and walked out to the door.

"Nigga you scared, knock." Corey said.

"Chill out, I'm good." Nate chuckled knocking on the door.

"See, you and Katrina are going to a great couple. I mean you both are running late to your first date." Candice teased holding the door open.

"Well, it would move a lot swifter if your pretty ass would move out the way and let the man by." Corey said making Candice roll her eyes. "What I tell you about rolling those eyes?" He moved her aside as Nate entered the home.

"Corey, move." Candice shrieked as he tickled her sides.

⬛⬛⬛

After a short ride, Katrina and Nathaniel sat across from each other at a spot called Allen's Steak house. They quietly scanned their menus trying to decide on what they wanted to eat. Drink orders were already placed. Water. Katrina placed hers down and cleared her throat.

"I think I am going to get the bone-in natural cut ribeye, how about you?" She slid her menu to the far right side of the table.

"I think that slow-roasted prime rib looks coo. I guess I will get that." He repeated her actions with the menu placement. "So, I got the scores for my test back but I haven't looked at them yet."

"Do you have them with you? I want to see where Tamia gets her smarts from." Nathaniel nodded taking the note out of his jean pocket.

"Yeah, me and my baby are brilliant beings." He bragged making her laugh.

"We're about to see how smart you really are in a second." Katrina opened the folded test paper and scanned it. "Okay, well it's not bad for the first semester. There are some areas where I could help you in but, for the most part...you passed." She smiled showing him the paper.

"I got a ninety-eight, and you trying to play me." He sucked his teeth and waved her off.

"Need I remind you that you told me and I quote, "I don't need luck Ms. Lee, I have God on my side." She reminded him. "Besides, you should not have been nervous about this test especially with Tamia saying that all you did was study in between playing "Barbershop". How long do you have left in the program?"

"Tamia loves putting me out there, huh?" He chuckled as Katrina sipped her water. "Not counting this month, it will be nine months since I'm doing a few hours working at my homie's shop." The waiter walked up with a pitcher of water.

"Sorry for the wait, I am your waiter Mike, have you all decided on what you want to eat?" He asked.

"No, problem man. She'll have the bone-in natural cut ribeye and I am getting the slow-roasted prime rib." He handed over the menu's and looked over at Katrina with her brow raised.

"Before you go make sure that both are well done. Thank you." She added. The waiter nodded then turned to leave.

"I know I probably said this many times before we left your place but, you look beautiful." Taking her hand, Nate rubbed his thumb across the top.

"Thank you, that color really brings out your eyes, Handsome." He laughed.

Now, I see why Tamia loves talking about her father, he's such a kind, loving and gentle person. But, hold a certain something inside of him...almost like a need for something more than life. Deeper than I can even imagine. She thought.

Sometime after dinner, the two took a ride out to the beach. Nathaniel figured it would be the best spot to talk more about personal things rather than a busy restaurant filled with people.

"This view is beautiful, what made you think of the beach?" They sat next to each other in the sand.

"It's quiet and I can hear you without shouting or being interrupted." He removed his sweater and carefully placed it over her shoulders.

The warmth from the fabric comforted Katrina. "Thank you, I didn't know it was going to get cold like this."

"Hm. I would think you would be used to weather like this. I mean, I was Miami for a few years and I'm not cold at all." Nate helped her with the garment before placing his arm around her.

"Man, I don't know what's wrong with you then excuse my language but it's colder than a bitch right now." They laughed. "I'm serious, Nate."

"Wow, I wonder what Tamia will think when she knows her teacher has a potty mouth." Nate licked his lips.

"Probably nothing, seeing as though you let words slip in front of the school yard." She playfully clapped back.

"True, but I have a question for you, why are you still single? From the first day we talked until now, I have been picking up on how great you are with my daughter and the other kids in the class...even with me." He said looking at her side profile.

Katrina looked out into the waves crashing trying to find the proper words to explain the past events. "I am single because things in my past were exactly the fairytale ending that I'd hoped it would be- I think I am just scared to go through that again." Her eyes remained focused on the waves.

"We're all flawed by pasted events but that only makes us stronger. Life most definitely is no fairytale...but, there is always a bit of light that shines in the dark times which makes things better. Just let me protect you and me your light..." Turning Katrina's face to his, Nate closed the small gap between them and kissed her lips.

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛

YAAAAY! I haven't forgotten about this story ladies and gents, I have been busy with personal things.

Also, Just FYI Monica will be in the next chapter, would you like her to have her own chapter?

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

3.7K 65 57
After witnessing the tragic death of her mother, Alexa hasn't quite been the same. On top of that, she's unwillingly moved to a small town in Montana...
30.8K 3.2K 60
||COMPLETE|| Amber Blake is having dreams, and they just might be the key to saving her best friend, Mark. Unfortunately, she's too preoccupied prete...
148K 7.6K 26
*NOTE: Because I write this series for an independent publisher, I can't post the entire series on wattpad. I am posting the first book of the first...
Pure Bliss Por nyamilan

Ficção geral

236K 8.7K 22
Chanel Taylor is the daughter of a very successful and known drug dealer, Tony the Bull. He moved weight throughout all fifty states even traveling o...