Family of two

By blauhoernchen55

When Eric's close friend and his wife die during an ambush, Eric finds himself suddenly in the role of a care... More

Patrol gone wrong
2 - Informing Dauntless
3 - First night
Handling Things with Abnegation
Shopping
Friends
Gossip
8 - Funeral
9 - Indictment and challenges
10 - Candor
11 - Adjusting
12 -Improvement
13 - All in one afternoon
14 - Matter of opinion
15 - New Beginnings
16 - Mia
17 - Training
18 - Teddy is sick
19 - The morning after
20 Working on recovery
21 - Different Kinds of Fighting
22 - Cauncil meeting
23 - Mood swings
24 - Error in judgement
26 - Danger is never far
27-Accusations
28 - Trial
29 - Trial 2

25 - Simply lunch?

787 14 1
By blauhoernchen55

Thanks for all you comments, following and patience. It's time for a new chapter. Enjoy.

I tried my best but there are surely still mistakes in this chapter. I'm still looking for a beta for this Story.

_______________________________________________________

With a smiling Teddy sitting on his shoulders Eric made his way towards the pit. Today as a big day for Dauntless â€" Initiation was finished and like every year there would be a big celebration in the pit. Eric wasn't sure how Teddy would react to the chaos. But since his observation of his son let him to believe that Teddy seemed to have catch on to Dauntless, the young father felt optimistic. Until now Teddy had already been at the pit a couple of times and of lately even during lunch time. Today would be no different except for the celebration. On their way Eric reminded Teddy on the explanation he had given him the previous evening. Upon entering he made his way over to the other leaders.

"So what did I miss?" Eric asked instead of a greeting.

"Nothing so far… hey, you brought Teddy." Sean said ruffling the boy's hair.

"Hi Teddy."

"Hi Sean."

"Look after him for a minute? I'd like to get something to eat for us." Eric ask the older man, who nodded in response: "Sure".

.

.

.

Mia's POV

Mia jogged toward the dining hall of the pit. There had been some stitching up due to a fight that got physical and now she feared that she was about to miss the fun and Eric. She had a special interest in hearing this year's speech. Things tend to change when the speaker is your boyfriend. Skittering around the last corner Mia saw to her relieve that everyone still eating. Good. Now walking she made her way over to the counter when someone bumped into her, making her stumble backwards against someone - someone big and solid.

"Watch it." That someone said resentful in a familiar voice, then turning around, he added surprised: "Oh, it's you."

"Hi Eric." Mia greeted him cheerfull.

The more she got to know him the deeper Mia was falling for him. Whenever Eric had checked on injured initiates, he had always taken the time to talk to her for a while. They had also spent every possible evening together and then it was rather cute seeing Eric interact with Teddy, a quality she would never have guessed she'd ever linked with Eric if someone would have asked her a couple of month ago. Mia had also come to known his insecurities and therefore explained: "Sorry, but someone rushed by me and made me stumble," knowing now that things like that made the young leader feel disrespected.

"I see." Eric acknowledged curtly albeit friendly. He was looking at her empathically and appeared to be contemplating something.

'He has beautiful eyes' Mia thought gazing up with her neck put back. Her heart started pacing while she lost herself in his grey eyes. Eric tilted his head to the side and there was a small smile around his mouth. Did he catch her staring? The young woman felt the heat creeping up her neck.

Interrupting her thoughts he suddenly he asked: "Care to join us at the leaders table?"

"Um yeah, sure." She hurried to say, feeling slightly awkward. Though Eric was her boyfriend, she felt always a little embarrassed whenever he caught her staring, which happened ever so often. Although she strongly suspected him to secretly like it.

"Good." He dragged the simple word out. A habit Mia had come to known as his way to express that he really liked something and sure enough Eric's smile widened as he looked at her.

Then they stood side by side in the row waiting to be served in a contented silence.

Suddenly Mia realized that this was Eric's way of going public. That's why he had looked so serious when he had asked her to join him. Only members or family of the leaders were allowed at that table. So, this was Eric's way of telling all of dauntless that she belonged to him that she wasn't "just" is girlfriend but that he wanted her to be his forever. Mia's heartrate started speeding up in earnest, chaos erupted inside of her: joy, fear, happiness, insecurity, jubilance and a tiny part wanted to smack his head, because really, were was the romantic in that? That thought was quickly pushed aside, because she should have known he wouldn't be someone to talk about his feelings and make verbal hints for her to pick up. No, his hint of his view of their future was this way, the way she had come to understand and love. She was now smiling as brightly back at him as he was down to her.

They got their meals and as they headed over to the leaders table Mia tried not to get nervous. She's never sat there before and while she had a high opinion of Sean, she was wary of Max. Then there were the faction ambassadors, which were okay she guessed. Then again Eric would be there with her.

"Mia!" Teddy exclaimed happily when they reached the table.

The others leaders looked at her curiously.

"Everyone, as you heard, this is Mia." Eric introduced her. "I invited her over. Mia I suppose you know the others."

"Hi." Mia greeted.

They sat down. Eric of cause took his seat next to Teddy and Mia chose to sit opposite of them. Eric sat his tablet down and began to cut the meat and the vegetables before he pushed the plate in front of Teddy. Handing him a small children's fork he advised:

"I know you prefer the meat but I expect you to eat as much of your vegetables."

"Do I have too?"

"Yes." His voice was firm as he looked at the boy sternly.

Halfway during their meal Mia noticed that her nervousness was gone. Eric had her engulfed in a light conversion and Teddy had told them about his day, making them both smile. Once in a while Sean and Julie had been included too.

Right now Eric and she were laughing at something funny Teddy at said. He should do this more often Mia thought. She really enjoyed herself. Leaning back she saw Four and others staring at them.

She must have frowned because Eric looked at her quizzically before turning around. She saw him tense before he turned back at her again. The laughter in his eyes had been replaced with anger, resignation and something that came suspiciously close to hurt. Without thinking about it she laid her hand on his. He looked up at her a slight amazement in his eyes before she felt him relax.

"Thanks." Eric squeezed her hand lightly before busying himself with Teddy's meal. He cut the rest of it before handing Teddy his fork and the plate.

"Eat up."

"I'm full." Teddy replied petting his belly.

"Are you now?" Eric replied lightly at which Teddy nodded at him.

"Now, I can see that there are so much more of the vegetables left than of the meat."

Teddy hung his head. Apparently he knew what was coming. Mia watched the interaction fascinated.

"So..." Eric prompted.

"Finish the veggies." Teddy looked slightly miserable.

"Exactly."

"So who will be giving the speech with you today?" Mia asked while Teddy poked at his veggies.

"Max. Though we will all have to get up there. Do you mind looking after Teddy in the meanwhile?"

"No, of cause not."

Teddy who had followed their conversation asked: "You going, Eric?"

"Only for a short time. I'll be right back. Okay, pal?"

Teddy nodded.

"Look, I will be up there." He pointed up to the balustrade. "There will be a short speech and I have to be up there for that. Now after that speech there will be a lot of very loud cheering and the members will lift the initiates' above their heads, but only them, okay. Just stay with Mia and you will be fine."

Teddy had gotten big eyes by now but replied earnestly: "Okay."

"Good. Since you have finished your veggies, I'll get you some cake once I'm back."

That clearly brought a smile on the little guys face.

"I think it's time now," Sean addressed Eric.

"Best you sit close to him." Eric addressed Mia before Teddy picked him up and handed him over to her. "See you soon!" And then he was on his way.

When everyone else was gone Julie scooted over so Teddy was sitting between them.

"It's nice to finally seeing someone who takes the time to get to know Eric." Julie smiled at her.

"Once you know him, it's hard not to like him," Mia admitted.

"That's what I'm saying!"

"I like Eric." Teddy piped in. "A lot!"

"Did you tell him?" Mia probed.

Teddy furrowed his eyebrows thinking hard.

"No." He whispered his expression sad before it brightened again. "I give him hugs!"

"That you do."

Before they could engulf further in the matter the leaders had arrived at the stage and everyone was falling quite as Max and Eric welcomed the initiates to Dauntless. Cheering and chaos erupted after that and Teddy gripped Mia's hand while he stared at the scene of people being lifted in the air and carried around.

After a while Mia could see Eric blazing a trail through the crowd towards them. Once he reached them Teddy climbed the table, making Eric's eyebrows shot up, but before he could say anything on the matter Teddy jumped into his arms and exclaimed:

"I like you!"

Mia saw Eric's eyes widen before he engulfed Teddy in tight hug.

"I love you Teddy." Mia heard him breathe roughly.

People near to their table who had heard Teddy's proclamation were now staring at Eric. It didn't sit right with Mia. This was a very private moment. Feeling suddenly protective she glared at them which unfortunately changed nothing. She tugged at Eric's sleeve:

"Let's go somewhere else." Her hand wandered further down in arms and finally slipped into his.

Eric looked up and noticing the stares he glared at the people himself. He of cause had the desired effect of people looking away quickly and clearing of. On their way out Eric made a bypass to the serving counter, where he got the Dauntless cake he promised Teddy earlier. When they left the cafeteria behind them, Mia became very aware that she was still holding Eric's hand. Slightly embarrassed she tried to let go but Eric held firmly onto her. If she was honest she had to admit that she loved the way his callused hand felt in her own. Had it been her leading him in the beginning, it was clear Eric was back in charge now and she liked it. Together the three of them made their way through the halls.

.

.

.

Unknown POV

While the three of them enjoyed their time together and all of Dauntless was partying in the pit, one Dauntless was nowhere to be found, when his friends started looking for him. He was on his way to Candor, determinant to help that kid, as no one else seemed to be willing or brave enough to do. Nobody had done this for him, but he would not let the history repeat itself on his watch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 11.8K 80
"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned. "I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how...
155K 5.6K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
219K 7.6K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
71.8K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...