Eleanor's Demise ✔️

Av veronicasoli

Can be read as a stand-alone book. After faking her suicide, murdering her father-in-law, and running off to... Mer

Part 1- Prologue and Recap
Chapter 1: Homecoming
Chapter 2: Shadows of The Past
Chapter 3: Uptight
Chapter 4: The Crime of Loving Adam
Chapter 5: Obsessed
Chapter 6: Half of a Truth
Chapter 7: Mansions and Hotels
Chapter 8: Punishment
Chapter 9: Finding Demeanor
Chapter 10: Signs
Chapter 11: Wishes and Nightmares
Chapter 12: Dishonesty
Chapter 13: Feel the Hurt
Chapter 14: The Ring
Chapter 16: Weird
Chapter 17: I'm a Baker Not a Shrink
Chapter 18: I Believed Her
Chapter 19: Eleanor Undead
Chapter 20: Strut Like You Own the Stage
Chapter 21: Talking Dead
April Fools! Chapter 22 or Something
Chapter 22: The Hole in My Heart
Chapter 23: Unafraid and Thriving
Chapter 24: Madness
Chapter 25: Hot in Here
Chapter 26: Insanely in Love
Chapter 27: Where Were You
Chapter 28: A Master Manipulator
Chapter 29: The Look of Betrayal
Chapter 30: Official
Explicit
Chapter 31: Revelation
Chapter 32: You at Your Finest
Chapter 34: All Good and Pure
Chapter 35: Touch Me Again
Chapter 36: Have your Way
Chapter 37: Play with Fire
Explicit 2
Chapter 38: Who is this
Chapter 39: I am Fire
Explicit 3
Chapter 40: Melt
Chapter 41: Warmth
Chapter 42: Dangerously
Chapter 43: Perfectly Wrong
Chapter 44: Beg for Mercy
Chapter 45: Unmatched
Chapter 46: Adam's Demise
Good Morning, Red Bird (Epilogue)
Authors Note: the end and thank you

Chapter 15: Night

4K 235 7
Av veronicasoli

"Get out." Adam commanded.

"You're only mad because you thought your precious Eleanor was still alive. You can thank me later for enlightening you!" Eleanor couldn't leave without having said those words, she wanted him to hate her, to squirm to the point where he would never want to see her again.

"Elena, get the fuck out of my car." He glared at her red hair, turning his body to face her now and dangerously inching closer. He hardly ever swore, therefore she must have royally pissed him off.

"You don't have to tell me twice." Eleanor said with the same poisonous tone of voice, matching his toxic glare with her own.

"Your passion toward this subject makes you seem suspicious Elena." Eleanor snapped her head toward him, his face seemed calm but there was a burning tension in his voice. She took a deep breath and inched closer to him, so close she wished he would kiss her like old times. But she wasn't her. Eleanor was a figment of her imagination now, she had a rude awakening, she had to forget about herself.

"You only wish I was suspicious. I'm just speaking the truth." She lied, poison dripping from her voice. Their breaths melded and neither one backed away, enraged at one another and neither daring to back down.

Adam wasn't about to stand down, his face hovered over hers, forcing his eyes to challenge hers. Eleanor controlled her hitching breath and her racing heart, struggling to keep her mind from going woozy for long enough. She hadn't felt this way in almost a year and she definitely wasn't over Adam. But she needed him to forget about her.

"Get. out. of my car." A shiver ran through Eleanor's body as she quickly disguised it, desire filled her but as quickly as it mocked her with it's ugly face, it was gone. She had to force herself to hate the man she loved and she knew now that he was tormented by Eleanor's ghost. His dark circles had engulfed half his face and Eleanor didn't want to push him any further.

She wanted to escape before he noticed anything that might actually make him suspicious.

"Goodbye Mr. Carnegie." She moved away, opening the door and walking into the crowded airport. She had no idea where she wanted to go now. A world of endless possibilities had surfaced before her and all she wanted to do was run into the safety net that was Adam Carnegie. She wanted to lay her head on his chest as he kissed her hair and held her close.

She sighed, she had money in her pocket, contacts in her eyes, and a wig over her head. She had no passport so the money seemed pointless, she couldn't leave the country without a passport.

She groaned, she hadn't thought that far ahead. She sat on the curb where Adam had slickly drove off as soon as she got out. His wheels sounding loudly as he turned sharply and sped as far away as possible. He was clearly angry, and Eleanor had mixed feelings about what she had said to him. She had made him out to be a pathetic widower who couldn't get over his dead wife even though he was engaged to another woman and to be wed in March.  He had every right to be upset and angry, he had lost someone that he had given his whole self to. And along with her, his entire heart and spirit was gone and whatever was left of it found itself buried in Magdalene's kitchen sink- probably the sewers by now.

She regretted coming back to New Jersey. Maybe she could go back to Oklahoma and pretend to be Bree again. No- that made her already more suspicious. With no sense of direction, Eleanor waited for a cab to park in front if her.

"Where to miss?"

"Anywhere," she said, her normal American accent came back and the struggle to copy the English of the Britain's wore off. She didn't have to fake that anymore and she was grateful.

And from that moment on, she swore to herself that she would never go back to New Jersey ever again.

¤¤¤

February 18th arrived and the small town in New Jersey felt the impact of Adam's grief. He was a month away from marrying another woman- and it seemed like it was for the sole purpose of moving on. He couldn't bring himself to even tell Magdalene he loved her, much less make love to her.

It was the one year anniversary of the death- the suicide- of Eleanor Carnegie. Typically Adam would be out and about like normal, but today the images he had seen kept replaying in his mind.

Her running out of his house. Him watching her run and forgetting he could actually move behind her. And when he finally got the courage to follow after her, she was gone. No longer in his presence as he heard the loud squeak of tires on the paved road and a loud scream escape her lips. He quickened his pace at the sight before him, there was blood all over the ground, a very shocked truck driver rushing out to see what happened. Adam's fist collided with the man's face.

"You killed her!" Adam shouted, his soul draining from his eyes as he became suddenly violent.

"She ran in front of me." The hazardous scene was followed by a bunch of cop cars minutes later. There was no time for someone to bury Eleanor's body because she hadn't fully commited to her death.

"That was my wife!" Adam's voice cracked as he tried to regain his composure. He shouted in the middle of the night, tears trailing down his face angrily as he threw another punch at the truck driver. He grabbed the old man by the collar and yelled loud enough to wake up the entire block. The chaotic scene was only stopped by an officer of the service as he pulled Adam away from the truck driver. The town had basically awoken to life now as more and more people came to watch Adam Carnegie lose his shit.

"Relax son." The cop said, but that enraged Adam further as he directed his pain and anger onto the officer. He tossed a punch and was immediately pulled back and handcuffed.

Eleanor was frightened as she watched the scene unfold in the distance. She had no idea what she would do now. She had no idea Adam would react like this- it was in his vulnerable state, handcuffed, that she hid silently and watched. And although she was sure of herself, she didn't know what she should do no. She wondered how crazy it would be if she stepped out of her spot beside the three large trees on the street but thought against it.

She was too hurt, too scared to cry at the sight in front of her. Adam had erupted, Adam had gone crazy and took the meaning to a whole other level. Eleanor whimpered silently, crouching down in her spot for what seemed like hours as they cleaned it up.

Adam remained handcuffed as he sat on the ground, his head was downcast and his chiseled jaw dripped tears. It pained Eleanor to watch as he finally got up, hours after the cops had left and taken their handcuffs off of him. He wiped his eyes and began the walk home alone.

Eleanor struggled to hold herself back, to prevent herself from running forward and hugging him ever so tightly that his pain would stop. But she hitched in her tracks and remained crouched behind the trees. She didn't think she could pull it off, but she had.

Adam now lay on his bed, a year later and stared at the side Eleanor usually slept on. That side had been empty for exactly a year to this day.

He couldn't even bring himself to be tossed into the events prior to that fateful night, none of those twisted curves should have happened. He shook the thoughts away- it shouldn't have hurt him this much. They were never meant to fall in love. They were meant to be together forever.

Adam's original plan was to marry Eleanor and have his father deal with the Hays money situation and then he could stay with her until his father said it was okay to leave.

He had liked Eleanor, her looks were outstanding and her beauty outshined the rest of the population. But within a day of marriage, he realized the sweet innocent girl he had met years ago had become a sex addict. She had changed so much and Adam just knew he had to get her back on track.

She cheated on him her first day at his home. She despised him and in a way, that made him work harder for her attention. Eleanor was a great communicator, she spoke her mind and although she didn't care for him other than his body, she quickly got over that.

The genie Adam hadn't realized was on the island had told them their fates and everything he had said had occurred, in a sick twisted sort of way.

And at this moment of solitude, staring at the pillows where Eleanor used to lay her head, Adam cried for what felt like the billionth time that year.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

Chain The Master Av Tammy Chase

Mysterium / Thriller

548 35 30
The one he could never control had foiled Nathan's plan by escaping her prison once and for all. As Katherine ran for help, Anna discovered he was st...
366K 9.3K 62
❝spencer, all this week you've been holding my hands. what about your germ thing?❞ ❝you were more important.❞ hazel finley is a liar. but she's a da...
Get Out If You Can Av walusha

Mysterium / Thriller

27.8K 3.6K 64
| shortlisted for the wattpad india awards. eleven times ambassador featured | Five teens. One medieval manor. And, of course, a dead girl. Figuring...
504 23 19
[COMPLETED] "If you let me leave now, I won't tell anyone what you did sir..." I grumbled, and he smirked a little, as if it was a hilarious joke. "L...