A Veil of Shadow ✅

By MarinaWritings

✨Previously called Ruthless✨ He's cold hearted, dangerous, and not one to be messed with. Leandor the alpha o... More

*Prolouge
*Chapter One: You're not my mate
*Chapter Two: Leandor
*Chapter Three: I'm not worth killing for
*Chapter Four: Vincent
*Chapter Five: His Room
*Chapter Six: Foolish Type
*Chapter Seven: Paula
*Chapter Eight: Both Out Of Luck
*Chapter Nine: He Did Deserve it, Right?
*Chapter Ten: Just When You Think
*Chapter Eleven: Weak
*Chapter Twelve: Wyatt
*Chapter Thirteen: Simple Kindness
*Chapter Fourteen: A little to much to drink
Chapter Fifteen: A Challenge
Chapter Sixteen: A run in
*Chapter Seventeen: That bastard didn't deserve to live
Chapter Eighteen: Over the line
*Chapter Nineteen: Think for yourself
Chapter Twenty: Who do you think you are?
Chapter Twenty-One: Innocence
Chapter Twenty-Two: She hit you
Chapter Twenty-three: It hurt
Chapter Twenty-four: Destructive
Chapter Twenty- Five: So Beautiful
Chapter Twenty - Six: Who's he?
Chapter twenty-seven: Turning point
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Find Elena
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A gift and a curse
Chapter Thirty: Such a distraction
Thirty - One: How could I forget?
*Thirty-Two: Demon Inside Him
Thirty-Three: Go against everything
Thirty-Four: The Gathering {Part One}
Thirty-Four: The Gathering {Part Two}
Thirty-Five: Wanted
Thirty-Six: The Unexpected
Thirty-Seven: On the Brink
Chapter Thirty - Eight: Just Save Him
Chapter Thirty-Nine: You Have to Understand
Chapter Forty: Not Just yet
Forty-Two: Plans
Forty-Three: Now We Wait
Forty- Four: Take charge
Chapter Forty-Five: So this is it
⚠️IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (must read)

Forty - One: Would Have to Wait

13.5K 474 35
By MarinaWritings

What is anyone supposed to you when their sibling has lost their mind? What can you possibly do? What do you do when they threaten to kill you? What do you do when they tell you that you will die and it will be soon?

You do nothing.

At least that is what I did. My mind could not fathom the painful truth that my sister had turned into something of a monster. Mother always warned that one of us would turn into something even the moon goddess would never me able to control.

I always did think that I would be the one to turn evil, to be the one to kill for no reason. I have to admit though knowing I am not the one makes me feel a whole lot better but seeing Elena act the total opposite of what she really is as a person hurts to see. I don't remember a time where Elena was anything close to being a mean person. She was the kindest soul I knew. Why would she be the one to turn into... into this beast.

Elena let go of my throat. I laid there gazing up fazed and stunned at what I had just witnessed.

"I'll be leaving now. Luther is waiting for his little princess back home." Elena told us. Her sinister voice sounding nothing like her own. What had happened to her? I hoped the really Elena was still in there... somewhere.

Elena started for the door. Elena stopped all of a sudden and looked at all of us. "Oh and baby sister since you're the one in charge I have a message to deliver to you. Prepare yourself and your pack. War is coming." She continued her pursuit out of the house and to wherever Luther was awaiting her return.

Vincent growled as a few of the guards held him back from following her. I couldn't imagine what he was feeling right now.

Talon was soon beside me helping me up. The scratching on my neck healed already. I ran my fingers through my tossed hair.

"Mia you have to warn everyone and you have to do it now. Get everyone ready." He told me. I stood there staring still in some kind of trance.

"But I don't know how to prepare for war or anything."

"You won't have to."

It was that voice. I didn't have to look up I knew who it was. That shiver I hadn't felt in ages reappear sending me to cloud nine. My eyes shined silver for a split second as I slowly raised my gaze. Leandor was standing there in all of his glory.

"How... but you were just..." Talon said, his mouth hanging open.

"What just about dead? I know." Leandor boosted walking in as if he had just woken up from sleep not coming back from the brink of death.

"Do you think it's true? That we are going to have to prepare... for war?" Kyle said appearing out of nowhere. Or was he always in the room?

Everyone looked at one another. None of us wanted to admit the truth and the deafening silence was an answer that shut us all up. War was on the horizon and everyone could see it coming.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I had made my way back up to the room Leandor and I shared. I walked into marble bathroom finally taking a look at myself in the mirror. I starred at myself wondering when was the last time I had a normal day.

I began to think about everything that had happened the last couple days. How Elena and I were captured. How Elena was raped. Meeting the rogues, and Wyatt. Finding out that Leandor's parents had something to do with my parents' death everything that has happened has been a disaster.

And then it happened. A crippling sob escaped the back of my throat. I started chocking on the inescapable pain of fighting the urge to actually scream my cries of frustration and agony. I had lost everything. I had nothing now. No family.

Another aching cry and my knees buckled. Falling to the ground I curled myself up, feeling unsafe and just... lost.

"Mia!" I heard some gasp from the doorway.

Leah ran to my side embracing me in a hug and tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I whimpered trying to stop the urge to cry.

"What happened? Are you alright?" She asked cradling my head. "You don't have to worry anymore, Leandor is alive. Your mate is okay now." Leah reminded me.

"I know but I... I lost everything." My voice cracked. The realization of everything was beginning to overwhelm me.

Leah's presence had little to no effect on calming me down, in fact, I started shaking uncontrollably. There was a fiery feeling behind my closed eyes. I knew that behind my eyelids my silver irises for shining. I tried my hardest to subside the silver. I couldn't allow another person to know about this.

"Mia everyone deals with difficulties in their lives. You are our Luna. You won't always be strong." She brushed my hair away from my face but I kept my eyes shut.

"But I am supposed to be strong and supportive. I am none of these things." I reminded her thinking back to the time I actually ran away. Thinking about it now I was running away from my duty that I was blessed with.

"Yes, you are. Listen to me Mia you wouldn't always be the strongest in the pack all the time but you have Leandor for strength when you have difficulty finding yours. And has you for the same reason. As a Luna, you have to allow the pack, your pack, and your family to help and protect you. You may be slacking now," She joked. "but understand that you will learn and mold into a perfect Luna and protect us and guide us."

I smiled still hiding my face in her shoulder as my silver irises continued to shine. Maybe as a Luna, I should stop hiding secrets.

"Leah I haven't been completely honest with you." I pulled away from her sensing her green eyes on me. "I'm not a normal werewolf like you and Leandor. I'm what you call a silver wolf." I told her opening my eyes to reveal the glowing silver of my eyes.

Leah stood up taking a step back from me. I knew she would fear me. I should have known this would happen. This is why as silver wolves keep our secret to ourselves.

But Leah surprised me.

"Oh...my... gosh. I can't believe it. I never thought I would live to see the day I met an actual silver wolf. I mean I thought that you guys were myths but I always had a gut feeling you were real. I can't believe it!"

I was taken aback by her enthusiasm. I thought they were supposed to fear us, not love us.

"Wait, you're happy that I am what I am?" I question standing up tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Well, yea. Don't you see what this is! You are like a gift. You didn't just stumble upon this packs territory the goddess above guided you here to find a family and a home and you mate.  You were meant to be here. And you were meant to be a Luna. I'm just trying to let this all sink in." Leah said with a smile. Her eyes were huge in astonishment. "Have you told Leandor?"

My stomach dropped.

"No, I was afraid. I thought about it but hearing about Matthew taking silver wolves away and hiding them made me question if I should." I admired the truth to her.

There was no sense in lying. Someone had to know that Matthew was kidnapping werewolves for who knows what. I didn't trust him still, and now know about the death of my parents just made it that much harder to trust the man.

"Wait Matthew knows about you're kind? Does he know about you?"

"Yes, he knows about me. But I don't understand what he's doing taking all these silver wolves away." I told her.

I looked over at her. Her eyes were focused at a single point in the room and her finger tapped on her chin. She was thinking... but about what?

"What are you thinking?" I asked watching as she slowly looked up at me.

"Do you... think he's... killing them?" Leah's face grew pale. I thought about that but I didn't want to admit the possibility.

"I don't know. I thought about it being that but for some reason, I don't think Matthew is killing them. To be honest I'm not sure what he's doing with them."

We stood there looking at one another and thinking over the magnitude of the situation.

Footsteps were approaching the room and soon Leandor was walking in. His dark brown hair was tossed in a mess but still stylish way.

"Leah?" He said off guard as he approached the bathroom to see Leah standing g across from me. "What are you doing here?"

"I was talking to Mia to see if she was okay."  I gave a small smile in relief as she did reveal my secret.

"Oh okay, Vincent was looking for you," Leandor said. Leah took no time to get moving. If had anything to do with her brother she was there in a heartbeat.

"I'll talk to you later Mia," Leah said walking out of the room. 'You have to tell Leandor about your silver wolf.'

'I can't I'm afraid he'll reject me.'

'He's your mate.' Was all she said leaving me to contemplate the situation I found myself in.

"Are you okay?" Leandor's voice drew me out of my thoughts. I looked up at him. His rich green eyes never failed to mesmerize me. He reached out and cupped my cheek. I found myself leaning into his soft touch.

"Yes," I lied. His eyes narrowed. He knew that I was lying. I noticed it was starting to become more difficult to lie to him. The mate bond really does make it more difficult to keep secrets from your mate and lie. It was a gift and a curse.

"Don't lie to me, Mia." He scolded me.

"I don't know what to do. I lost everything, Leandor." I said holding my tears. I cried enough for one day crying isn't going to do anything for anyone.

"Mia please everything will be okay I promise. You have me and I trust me I know you're probably cringing about having me but you are stuck with me." I laughed at the truth of his statement.

I pull away from him and walked back into the room towards the bed. I did not even get a chance to sit on the bed before Leandor was throwing his entire weight on me. We both fell on the bed with. I could have sworn we broke the bed.

"Leandor get off of me you weight a fucking ton!" I told him laughing. I tried t wiggle my way out from under him but to no avail. I groaned as my attempt did nothing to free me.

"I do not!" He said offended a little. I laughed when I saw his face was glare up at me.

"What you do," I told him.

"Oh yeah?" He said tauntingly as he began to tickle me beneath his weight. I could do just about nothing to get free. Our laughs began to fill the room.

I somehow was able to roll over and pin his hands above his head. His eyes growing darker in color. I wasn't sure what my eyes were. The longer I looked at him the more my core started to grow wetter. Leandor sniffed the air no doubt smelling my arousal. He growled and in one swift move, he was on top with my legs straddling his waist.

I could feel that he was hard against his jeans. I moaned at the thought of what we were about to do, but then a thought arose.

"Wait, Leandor," I said out of breath. "what about Luther? Shouldn't we be planning?"

"Shh, Luther can wait. All I am planning on is doing you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

625K 21.4K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
6.3M 181K 40
Ava Carter was a 17 year old orphan. She was a member of the Crystal Blue Pack. She was the punching bag in her pack, as people usually walked all ov...
104K 3.6K 27
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I questioned trying to get out of Tommy's grip as he pulled me down the stairs. "We're leaving." He respon...
229K 6.4K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...